Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Is Taylor Swift Taking A Break From Music? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Taylor Swift Taking A Break From Music? (359 Views)

Kolp Wling Took A Quick Break From / No Juyer Kolp Wling Took A Quick Break From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Taylor Swift Taking A Break From Music? by tpiar: 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Taylor Swift is ready to "Shake It Off" with some well-deserved R&R. The superstar wraps her sold-out "1989" world tour in December, and said in a new interview with British music magazine NME that she's in no hurry to follow up the blockbuster concert series. "I think I should take some time off," Taylor told the mag of her post-tour plans. "I think people might need a break from me. I'm going to ... I don't know. Hang out with my friends. Write new music. Maybe not write new music. I don't know." "1989" was the top-selling album of 2014 and spawned five hit singles, including three-time Grammy nominee "Shake It Off" and MTV VMA darling "Bad Blood." Despite the numerous accolades, Taylor doesn't seem worried about meeting anyone's expectations.

"Nooooooo," the 25-year-old said, when asked if she's feeling pressure to reach similar milestones with her next project. Instead, Taylor thinks she might use the opportunity to try something completely new. "How could the next one be as big?" she added. "Maybe the next album will be a bridge to somewhere else. Or maybe I'll just go ahead and change everything." Taking some time to herself could also give the "Wildest Dreams" singer a chance to recharge after stretches of nearly nonstop media attention. "I'm in the news every single day for multiple different reasons," she said. "And it can feel, at times, if you let your anxiety get the better of you, like everybody's waiting for you to really mess up – and then you'll be done."

https://www.yahoo.com/music/news/taylor-swift-taking-break-001807356.html

She went on to say that keeping in close contact with loved ones helps her maintain a level head.

"A lot of the time I need to call my mom and talk for a really long time, just to remind myself of all the things that are great and all the things that matter," she said.

Even if Taylor does decide to step away from the recording studio for a bit, fans can still keep up with their favorite star through her active social media presence. The pop sensation hit 50 million Instagram followers on Thursday, a new record for the photo-sharing service.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Music: D'banj - International Display / I Prepared A Special MIXTAPE For Nairaland, See My Fears / Don’t You Think It Is An In-depth Story?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.