Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4721782 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dreamchaser14(m): 10:44am On Jul 25, 2017
ogunvic41:

Good job bro,u can do better send me ur number I will give u tips to make more. What kind of car do u drive?

Thanks for the encouragement. I drive a Toyota Corolla 07. My number is 08122191803.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 10:52am On Jul 25, 2017
dreamchaser14:

Thanks for the encouragement. I drive a Toyota Corolla 07. My number is 08122191803.
Please how much fuel did u use for 10 hours on Toyota corolla 2007. I drive a Passat, I'm considering selling it to buy a corolla.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 11:17am On Jul 25, 2017
lexylexy:

pure and absolute rubbish. In fact, this is the most ridiculous promo I've ever seen in my entire life. It's like Uber keeps getting worse by the day.

How can 69k guarantee my weekly earnings. When you pay partner 40k plus 30k fuel, what is left of the guarantee? Sometimes I wonder the type of person that comes up with these non reasonable ideas

See Uber wants to stop this partner/driver dynamic. They want only car owners to be driving. That is the only explanation I can give for this ridiculousness. There is even no boost promo or quest promo for old drivers this week. Unfortunately, the alternatives are almost as bad. On Taxify you wait hours to get a rider, and you can't stay home or hunger will finish your family.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 11:18am On Jul 25, 2017
lexylexy:

pure and absolute rubbish. In fact, this is the most ridiculous promo I've ever seen in my entire life. It's like Uber keeps getting worse by the day.

How can 69k guarantee my weekly earnings. When you pay partner 40k plus 30k fuel, what is left of the guarantee? Sometimes I wonder the type of person that comes up with these non reasonable ideas

Uber will continue toying with drivers, until they get together, and have one voice.

All drivers should go offline during working days. And driver only weekend.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mawlana: 11:51am On Jul 25, 2017
ogunvic41:

Good job bro,u can do better send me ur number I will give u tips to make more. What kind of car do u drive?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gwng: 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
Eliminate mechanic guesswork. Get a Bluetooth car diagnostic scanner for only 3K and begin scanning your car with your phone. Call/Whatsapp: 09053629992, 09032614208.

See video on how it works: http://www.mymoto.com.ng/how-to-scan-your-car-with-obd-2-bluetooth/

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2017
[Ogunvic,teach me how to make money too..08099785775quote author=ogunvic41 post=58807310]
Good job bro,u can do better send me ur number I will give u tips to make more. What kind of car do u drive?[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogunvic41(m): 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2017
dreamchaser14:

Ur fuel consumption range...
If its more than this ur car is faulty

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ridwanadedapo(m): 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
Why are you like this, if you don't have any good thing to say how about you just shut the Bleep up. Uber has created more than just a driving app, it has created more than work opportunities. Go and check the number of unemployed graduates that are able to pay bills from this opportunity. The hustle is very very real. Pls don't discourage people that are still managing with it. We always have choice pls let them make their choice.

xana101:

All I see is slavery. U did 11 trips for 10 hours for 11k. Well done sir. Since its ur first day on d job, all I can say is welcome on board.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by scholarBaba: 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2017
In my own opinion and with my experience as a UBER Partner, i wouldnt advise a new entrant to invest too much in the uber business unless he intends driving it himself.

A lot of things are just wrong and uber seems to be deaf to all the complaints. Now, the new trend is that you have to go through a drivers agency to get a driver to get your car And the service isnt free.

As a potential UBER partner, do not just be deceived by the weekly rentals, also consider the following:

1) Car Maintenance
The heavy amount you will spend in fixing your car on a periodic basis. My Car is a Tokunbo Honda 2008 and its very clean, but even with that, i still spend a handsome amount on a monthly basis.

2) The Drivers.
Whether you like it or not, you are at the mercy of these guys especially now that most of the transactions are cash based. Most of the drivers that will apply come in with humble face and promises of living up to your expectation, only for them to run away after 3 weeks, and guess what you will be lucky if he drops any rental for that week? And Uber being smart have absolved themselves, they have already taken their 25% while you the car owner have nothing for that week.

3) Insurance
Be smart, get a comprehensive insurance. The car doesnt belong to the driver and most often than not, he drives it recklessly. If an accident occurs, he most likely will not pay. so simply close your eye for the insurance and let them carry that worry on your behalf.

I wish all UBER partners will act in one accord and pull out their car even if its for just one week, at least that will force the uber management to listen. But i guess this is a wishful thinking anyway.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
scholarBaba:
In my own opinion and with my experience as a UBER Partner, i wouldnt advise a new entrant to invest too much in the uber business unless he intends driving it himself.

A lot of things are just wrong and uber seems to be deaf to all the complaints. Now, the new trend is that you have to go through a drivers agency to get a driver to get your car And the service isnt free.

As a potential UBER partner, do not just be deceived by the weekly rentals, also consider the following:

1) Car Maintenance
The heavy amount you will spend in fixing your car on a periodic basis. My Car is a Tokunbo Honda 2008 and its very clean, but even with that, i still spend a handsome amount on a monthly basis.

2) The Drivers.
Whether you like it or not, you are at the mercy of these guys especially now that most of the transactions are cash based. Most of the drivers that will apply come in with humble face and promises of living up to your expectation, only for them to run away after 3 weeks, and guess what you will be lucky if he drops any rental for that week? And Uber being smart have absolved themselves, they have already taken their 25% while you the car owner have nothing for that week.

3) Insurance
Be smart, get a comprehensive insurance. The car doesnt belong to the driver and most often than not, he drives it recklessly. If an accident occurs, he most likely will not pay. so simply close your eye for the insurance and let them carry that worry on your behalf.

I wish all UBER partners will act in one accord and pull out their car even if its for just one week, at least that will force the uber management to listen. But i guess this is a wishful thinking anyway.

you have spoken well but our suffering and smiling mentality won't let us take that drastic action

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2017
please call me 08178683930
ogunvic41:
Ur fuel consumption range... If its more than this ur car is faulty

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by needhelp2: 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2017
Romeo, plz send me.your number again or call.me.o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ogunvic41(m): 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
scholarBaba:

1) Car Maintenance

2) The Drivers.

3) Insurance

Honda accord 2008 is not a good car for uber.
The maintenance cost is high and the car isn't not strong for the work
I drive uber and I can boldly say its fantastic..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bussyando(f): 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hello,

I need a serious and God fearing Uber/Taxify driver for a good and clean Toyota Corolla 2012. Contact 07032310040

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by net7777(m): 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
Call me I am available to start work tomorrow so far ur car is ready... 08052219996
bussyando:
Hello,

I need a serious and God fearing Uber/Taxify driver for a good and clean Toyota Corolla 2012.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
ridwanadedapo:
Why are you like this, if you don't have any good thing to say how about you just shut the Bleep up. Uber has created more than just a driving app, it has created more than work opportunities. Go and check the number of unemployed graduates that are able to pay bills from this opportunity. The hustle is very very real. Pls don't discourage people that are still managing with it. We always have choice pls let them make their choice.

Man de suffer him no fit talk na condition.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 9:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
Good evening you all, does uber pay any referral bonus when a driver invites a partner to sign up with his car? What are the conditions if any. Has anyone here ever referred a partner and got compensation for it?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dyemida(m): 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2017
ogunvic41:

Nice speaking with u bro... Call me on Wednesday and let's meet...

It was sir. I really appreciate it. I look forward to meeting you.

I'll call you in the morning sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dyemida(m): 10:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
bussyando:
Hello,

I need a serious and God fearing Uber/Taxify driver for a good and clean Toyota Corolla 2012.

I am very much interested ma. Ready to start when you are.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 10:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
bussyando:
Hello,

Buy 2005 corolla
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2017
Uber: Dear Gazzuzz, please be advised that the Uber Lagos GLH will close at 12pm tomorrow, Wednesday 26th of July 2017. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. You can still get support online at www.ubernigeria.com/chat 9am - 11pm.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
Uber don wan run comot ���
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by scholarBaba: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
Bro,

How is Honda 2008 not strong?

No one is saying uber is not fantastic...at least from the perspective of the driver who makes his cut regardless of the condition of the car.

I am speaking from the angle of a partner and my advice to potential partners is that they shouldn't invest in recent cars for uber. Anything above a 2005 model is a waste of money in my own candid opinion.

Truth be told-no matter how strong your car is, you cant drive 1000km per week for 4 weeks continously and not have something to fix- Its just not possible.

And during that period, you will bear the cost of fixing your car ALONE.

Finally, am not forcing my own opinion on anyone, it is still left for partners to decide on what route they want to take.

Time will definitely tell.

ogunvic41:

Honda accord 2008 is not a good car for uber.
The maintenance cost is high and the car isn't not strong for the work
I drive uber and I can boldly say its fantastic..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by scholarBaba: 10:58pm On Jul 25, 2017
xana101:
Uber is useless. One fool said he made 115k on uber last week. Let him do his plus and minus, remove fuel, remove uber 25 percent, u will not be left with 30k as profit. Even d riders say its too cheap so why is it taking uber too long to adjust. Its people like Romeo3 that's making uber doing this rubbish

Its quite sad really.

And funny thing is, most people focus so much on the weekly inflow forgetting that they are going to pay back this money in the form of wear and tear. Every mile a car drives is a form of deduction from its lifespan.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TSTC: 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
bussyando:
Hello,

I am interested
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Arrihinius(m): 4:48am On Jul 26, 2017
In need of a good Driver for my kia Rio 2009 on uber and taxify.if you are interested call 07069382845.Only serious minded person.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by myquestion(m): 6:33am On Jul 26, 2017
Pls is anyone on Smart-ride platform?
Am waiting for them to activate mi
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:56am On Jul 26, 2017
bussyando:
Hello,

when they are looking for the job, so quiet and humble.

After 3-4weeks the story changes grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 6:59am On Jul 26, 2017
scholarBaba:

Its quite sad really.

And funny thing is, most people focus so much on the weekly inflow forgetting that they are going to pay back this money in the form of wear and tear. Every mile a car drives is a form of deduction from its lifespan.

Most people working their car out are NOT the car owners I bet u. How can u put ur car on uber with such peanut and destroy d life of d car @ d end u dump d car for d owner. I bought my car with my hard earned money so, I won't risk it on uber! If uber pay is right, they won't need surge today, promo tomorrow, incentive next tomorrow. They're just running from pillars to post. They should do d right thing and 4get about useless promo, surge & incentive. People care less about taxify promo, surge or incentive cos their pay is right. Uber started very well but messing d whole thing up right now. I wish all driver can come out with one voice and frustrate uber every once in a week.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:00am On Jul 26, 2017
chillex8:
Uber: Dear Gaz.zuzz, please be advised that the Uber Lagos GLH will close at 12pm tomorrow, Wednesday 26th of July 2017. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. You can still get support online at www.ubernigeria.com/chat 9am - 11pm.

you just like to masturbate with my moniker abi?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 7:35am On Jul 26, 2017
chillex8:
Uber: Dear Gazzuzz, please be advised that the Uber Lagos GLH will close at 12pm tomorrow, Wednesday 26th of July 2017. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. You can still get support online at www.ubernigeria.com/chat 9am - 11pm.
Please how true is this news. They should close and amend that their useless Price for once.

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.