Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4721345 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
Bro is ur car out?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Najm(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2016
protocol:
Bro is ur car out?
Not yet ...although they have given the directive to let all the cars go, my driver is yet to collect mine he's been waiting there for a while now. I believe once the 60k fine is paid, tax clearance done, they'll release d car.

I hope there will some communication from Uber on this issue as it was quite an embarrassment. Uber knew about this license thing from the start, they should have put it as a requirement for joining the platform.

Fingers Crossed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
Tank God. Mek them do mek you carry ur car. Wen i saw the impunding yesterday, i wentto their office to report. They seems not to care much abt what we pass through. D lady i met said she qas going to send mail. Uber knows d right thing but wont do it. Sometimes i wonder hw a company will operate without a contact email or number. They hide everything frm the public.
Najm:

Not yet ...although they have given the directive to let all the cars go, my driver is yet to collect mine he's been waiting there for a while now. I believe once the 60k fine is paid, tax clearance done, they'll release d car.

I hope there will some communication from Uber on this issue as it was quite an embarrassment. Uber knew about this license thing from the start, they should have put it as a requirement for joining the platform.

Fingers Crossed.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eledalo: 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
Najm:

Fingers Crossed.

If possible get your car out of there today.
Any Uber partners here with the accreditation? Looking to go to their office to understand this thing.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Najm(m): 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
The car has eventually been released o.have told the driver to park the car, let's understand d situation then decide on what to do.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Mekusdanny: 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
TokyoBulls, please check your mail and kindly reply. it is urgent!!]

Send an email to uberlagosspectre@yahoo.com cc uberlagosspectre@gmail.com[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by megacontrol(m): 9:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
Why do you think so?

Was there any official announcement or communication from Uber that they resolved operational license issue with LASG? I don't think so, so Uber operations remains illegal in Lagos State until this is resolved.

kollected44:

Sorry about this.

I thought Uber amicably resolved the operational license issue they had with the state government a few months ago.

I would advise you bail your car out yourself.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
This is serious mehnn
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 6:54am On Dec 03, 2016
Najm:
The car has eventually been released o.have told the driver to park the car, let's understand d situation then decide on what to do.

Any latest from UBER?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kude(m): 7:33am On Dec 03, 2016
Did you get the operational license? If so, how much and what about the drivers badge nd accreditation... I'm to hand over my vehicle to my recently paired driver nd pls i need some ans if u can help.. and do i or d driver need to get the LASDRI.. thanks in anticipation..
chillex8:

Any latest from UBER?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Najm(m): 8:30am On Dec 03, 2016
No I have not got the license yet.coughing up 100k for now is not easy after pAying 60k fine.

Operational License(Code of conduct bureAu,opposite police college,ikeja GRA)_100k.....car owner

Accreditation(LASDRI Office in oshodi or adeniji)_1k....driver will use this to get the badge.

Driver's Badge(Code of conduct bureAu,opposite police college,ikeja GRA)_6k....driver.

LASDRI DRIVERS license(oshodi or adeniji)....I think it's 1k too....driver.

That explains it all I believe and u won't have any worries again....I hope.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Najm(m): 8:38am On Dec 03, 2016
chillex8:

Any latest from UBER?

Nothing from Uber yet....and am not surprised as they have never been a responsive coy.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by twentycent(m): 9:30am On Dec 03, 2016
@najm am really sorry for your bad experience this few days with your car and the authorities, gratefully you have resolved it to the barest minimum, also I want to commend you for the informations passed through you to us all on this thread though it was painfully gained on ur path. I need advice on what I should consider and do to become a partner with UBER and not have any issues on the road. Many thanks for any contributions and details.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kude(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2016
Thanks loads for helping out with all the info, hope your driver gets back on the road asap..
Najm:
No I have not got the license yet.coughing up 100k for now is not easy after pAying 60k fine.

Operational License(Code of conduct bureAu,opposite police college,ikeja GRA)_100k.....car owner

Accreditation(LASDRI Office in oshodi or adeniji)_1k....driver will use this to get the badge.

Driver's Badge(Code of conduct bureAu,opposite police college,ikeja GRA)_6k....driver.

LASDRI DRIVERS license(oshodi or adeniji)....I think it's 1k too....driver.

That explains it all I believe and u won't have any worries again....I hope.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
Najm:

Fingers Crossed.

Let your driver be more smarter about doing things in Lagos generally, not only Uber Stuff. Or is he new in Lagos? This also boils down to whom you to Biz with. Newbies will always learn with wahala in lag.except a very meticulous ones. This has happened already tho'. But people have been doing Uber Biz since even when the tough fashola was in govt. Fashola gave that license free of charge for the worth of 100k. That aside, a lil smartness could have saved your guy. displaying one self as Uber driver will not go down well except you are a politician that belongs to the party of the day in Lagos. And or you are a police or other officials. This a lesson for all other drivers not to reveal your Uber identity to vios and others govt wolves. We all citizens of this country and we are also entitled to our Rights and freedom of association. And I think forming an association will help fight this evil ones that always frustrating people's efforts of livelihood in Nigeria. All partners should also educate their drivers. (E-hailing partners and drivers association of Nigeria) "EPADAN" is suggested by me. One Umbrella one drive one purpose.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by twentycent(m): 1:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
@vpaymoney, how is the goings going?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
Smoothly bro, have you spoken to him?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
how will you handle a case where v i o requests and u get there snd get impounded. Is nt abt being sharp. Uber shld do the right thing. U cant b sharp here.
vpaymoney:

Let your driver be more smarter about doing things in Lagos generally, not only Uber Stuff. Or is he new in Lagos? This also boils down to whom you to Biz with. Newbies will always learn with wahala in lag.except a very meticulous ones. This has happened already tho'. But people have been doing Uber Biz since even when the tough fashola was in govt. Fashola gave that license free of charge for the worth of 100k. That aside, a lil smartness could have saved your guy. displaying one self as Uber driver will not go down well except you are a politician that belongs to the party of the day in Lagos. And or you are a police or other officials. This a lesson for all other drivers not to reveal your Uber identity to vios and others govt wolves. We all citizens of this country and we are also entitled to our Rights and freedom of association. And I think forming an association will help fight this evil ones that always frustrating people's efforts of livelihood in Nigeria. All partners should also educate their drivers. (E-hailing partners and drivers association of Nigeria) "EPADAN" is suggested by me. One Umbrella one drive one purpose.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
protocol:
how will you handle a case where v i o requests and u get there snd get impounded. Is nt abt being sharp. Uber shld do the right thing. U cant b sharp here.
Let him produce the number that requested him and we follow up. We must stand up against this and trust me those vios aren't smart at all. I can tell from our conversation. That is why I call first in areas like Ikeja, Adekunle, Surulere. Na to cancel str8 if I notice any sharp play. #Instinctandgut! No one is perfect tho'. That is where the asso comes in.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
protocol:
how will you handle a case where v i o requests and u get there snd get impounded. Is nt abt being sharp. Uber shld do the right thing. U cant b sharp heore.

Drive from 5pm.

They'd have closed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Najm(m): 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2016
vpaymoney:

Let him produce the number that requested him and we follow up. We must stand up against this and trust me those vios aren't smart at all. I can tell from our conversation. That is why I call first in areas like Ikeja, Adekunle, Surulere. Na to cancel str8 if I notice any sharp play. #Instinctandgut! No one is perfect tho'. That is where the asso comes in.

@vpaymoney.There is nothing to follow up here.the person that requested for the ride was the zonal head of that area so even if u had called there is no way u would have found out.as I called him several times on that same number and even met him at his desk.

@kude.thanks a lot.

@twentycent.just do all I listed in my earlier post and I trust u'll be just fine.

@chillex8.that's what he's been doing since yesterday.will continue that pattern until I can raise the cash for d license.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 11:08pm On Dec 03, 2016
The market is ripe for a new competitor to challenge Uber. This will make them sit up.

This Vio vs Uber drama has been around for some time now and to the best of my knowledge Uber has been very silent.

Solution: drivers and partners have to compel them to do something.

Government officials are no angels they can set up an amicable settlement or re negotiate. And besides Uber still has an office. A known CEO so we should compel them to act.

Monkey dey work barboon dey chop me no like am at all.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
Najm:

@vpaymoney.There is nothing to follow up here.the person that requested for the ride was the zonal head of that area so even if u had called there is no way u would have found out.as I called him several times on that same number and even met him at his desk.

@kude.thanks a lot.

@twentycent.just do all I listed in my earlier post and I trust u'll be just fine.

@chillex8.that's what he's been doing since yesterday.will continue that pattern until I can raise the cash for d license.

Inform us when you acquire all the docs.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by twentycent(m): 9:38am On Dec 04, 2016
@najm many thanks for ur response and infos, another problem to be considered @chillex is that if your driver keeps operating from 5pm you will be shocked that he will be under pressure cos Uber being an app will start working him of low performance/day and he might be deactivated over time. Take note of this and Uber will not do anything about this.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:10am On Dec 04, 2016
twentycent:
@najm many thanks for ur response and infos, another problem to be considered @chillex is that if your driver keeps operating from 5pm you will be shocked that he will be under pressure cos Uber being an app will start working him of low performance/day and he might be deactivated over time. Take note of this and Uber will not do anything about this.

Better than getting my car impounded
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mich2012: 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
mrsage:
The market is ripe for a new competitor to challenge Uber. This will make them sit up.

This Vio vs Uber drama has been around for some time now and to the best of my knowledge Uber has been very silent.

Solution: drivers and partners have to compel them to do something.

Government officials are no angels they can set up an amicable settlement or re negotiate. And besides Uber still has an office. A known CEO so we should compel them to act.

Monkey dey work barboon dey chop me no like am at all.

I heard taxify are here and are hitting the ground already. Stiff competition will be good for all
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mich2012: 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
Uber driver still needed. Kindly call 08182657375.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
mich2012:

I heard taxify are here and are hitting the ground already. Stiff competition will be good for all

Uber is like Coca-Cola.
It's a brand.
It can't be kicked out.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 10:00am On Dec 05, 2016
chillex8:

Uber is like Coca-Cola.
It's a brand.
It can't be kicked out.

They don't need to be kicked out. They only need to sit up.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
Interesting. Why do we believe a 'brand' can't be kicked out of a market?
mrsage:

They don't need to be kicked out. They only need to sit up.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
Nice to see the many operational challenges. Overall, I hope we are all keeping well. We were informed by Uber that they met with LASG and they demanded N100,000 per car per annum for registration and each partner will need to pay PAYEE as an individual to LIRS or Corporate Income Tax to FIRS as a registered business. The best way is to negotiate as a unit. If you allow VIO/LASG to deal with each driver/partner separately then we do not stand a chance. It is already very easy to get cars impounded and ticket them N60,000. That's more than your net income per car per week. If same car gets impounded again during the month, the business will significantly suffer. Remember the N60,000 fine excludes the additional costs associated and the revenue lost due to down time.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oblozzolawrence: 8:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
Uber better step up cos I heard taxify is abt taking over lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: dav1002(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.