Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4723419 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (5686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by stacyadams: 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
vulpeslopez:
ppl were not paid50k sir, 43k or there about..... Oga u need to drive 15HRS to pay rent of 50k..... Say u make 120k in a week.. Cost of fuel....Car wash/data/credit..... Rentals...... 30k.... 10k... 50k... That leaves u with 30k for ursef....I didt even add Uber commission.... On 120k Uber takes 25%....a driver who delivers 50k weekly should be able to make 50k for himself ,u don't risk ur health and life for peanuts.... Forget all that rubbish of whoever told u driving is fun.... Yes in some states like abuja and ilorin with no traffic, but in Lagos, driving is hell......oga the game has changed...... I do only taxify and My highest earning was 160k a week, the next week both the car and I were admitted in different hospitals, thank God say I no bash oga car.... All cos I was on 45k weekly and still maintaining a 2008 Camry muscle
hahahahahahaha..I dey prepare to join una very very soon
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinchunchu: 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
Mr your calculation is absolutely wrong...with this...its really shows you haven't been on the road driving on uber or taxify for sec...50k is slavery even with 40k ur car will be the one to suffer for it cos it will definitely going to be on the road day and nite for driver to meet up...I noticed only greedy partners come here to complain of driver running off with thier money...and most driver takes off stupid deals out of despiration...its possible for u to get 50k but believe me...out of 4 weeks in a month...u won't get remittance more than twice..the rest will be stories or your spending most of the weeks at the mechanic workshop...stop been greedy.... E hailing is not a ponzi...
jpworld:

Fuel to accomplish 100k weekly if corolla is less than 25k(3x7-21k), 9mobile 1200 for 1.5 gig.. aboki charge 2500 for car wash monthly.

Your family is your personal problem, the owner wont say because you have a large family then dont want to make income. or better still if you have a large family dont drive uber, go and apply for Chevron work.

@ the end of the week, after personal expense, the minimum you are going home with weekly is 20k, sometimes it could be more.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2018
chinchunchu:
Mr your calculation is absolutely wrong...with this...its really shows you haven't been on the road driving on uber or taxify for sec...50k is slavery even with 40k ur car will be the one to suffer for it cos it will definitely going to be on the road day and nite for driver to meet up...I noticed only greedy partners come here to complain of driver running off with thier money...and most driver takes off stupid deals out of despiration...its possible for u to get 50k but believe me...out of 4 weeks in a month...u won't get remittance more than twice..the rest will be stories or your spending most of the weeks at the mechanic workshop...stop been greedy.... E hailing is not a ponzi...

Are you trying to tell me what's good for my business , Business I have been doing for couple of years

If only you know the meaning of slavery.

Face ur driving
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olesekeniwoye(m): 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
50k rental
Terms and condition apply

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 6:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
ameristu:

You need at least 100 hours on the road a week to hit the 100k target.

About 14-15 hours on the road for 7 days.

Nature will always take its toll on driver
Failure will take its toll on machine.
You can't run a car designed for private use like that consistently for a month without an hitch from either man or machine.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 6:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
jpworld:

Are you trying to tell me what's good for my business , Business I have been doing for couple of years

If only you know the meaning of slavery.

Face ur driving

Leave it, sometimes it's not worth getting into a conversation with people. The fact still remains nobody forces anyone to sign up to 50k a week deal. If you can't negotiate to what suits you then walk away. I will never expect a driver to pay 50k a week but if someone else does and the driver accepts then that's their own problem. Once something like this comes up you see some drivers trying to bring down weekly remittance. If it's easy buy your own car. Truth remains Partners need drivers and vice versa but make no mistake about it, partners have the upper hand. Some will be saying the market has slowed down while others are quietly cleaning out.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by akaynezi: 6:30pm On Feb 25, 2018
Sharp Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2004 @1.850 Call 08035829033

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
Job done another week and my target is met...where the doubting Thomas at?time to rest Monday prep starts now...meanwhile I wld be recruiting some drivers soon...watch this space....cars coming

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Richdee1(m): 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
Daveonoja:
Job done another week and my target is met...where the doubting Thomas at?time to rest Monday prep starts now...meanwhile I was be recruiting some drivers soon...watch this space....cars coming

Baba Na u oo......I love driving....Its Fun 2 me.....I will Compete with GIGM few years from now....Buh wanna start with UBER wen am done with School..I will Love 2 learn From you...I hope u will Still be in UBER Business 4 years from Now!!!!......
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
Daveonoja:
Job done another week and my target is met...where the doubting Thomas at?time to rest Monday prep starts now...meanwhile I wld be recruiting some drivers soon...watch this space....cars coming

It was nice talking to you today. You are very correct. Uber is more than driving. Everything in life is planning. I just feel that only a few drivers are complaining. But that few can spoil the rest or discourage people. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
Daveonoja:
THIS IS FROM A GUY THAT DRIVES PART TIME.

Let's change the narrative. To all drivers that are complaining that request is low. To all drivers that want their rental reduced coz of so called low request. To all fleet managers that are reducing rental for drivers. Let's change the narrative. Let us train these drivers on how to make use of their time more efficient. Let's change the narrative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
Daveonoja:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vulpeslopez(m): 7:36pm On Feb 25, 2018
dru23:

THIS IS FROM A GUY THAT DRIVES PART TIME.

Let's change the narrative. To all drivers that are complaining that request is low. To all drivers that want their rental reduced coz of so called low request. To all fleet managers that are reducing rental for drivers. Let's change the narrative. Let us train these drivers on how to make use of their time more efficient. Let's change the narrative.
oga dru, u Don join the narratives team or u wan do the remix

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:09pm On Feb 25, 2018
week and my target is met...where the doubting Thomas at?time to rest Monday prep starts now...meanwhile I wld be recruiting some drivers soon...watch this space....cars coming[/quote]

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2018
vulpeslopez:
oga dru, u Don join the narratives team or u wan do the remix

Lol .. Help a brother out now. It is the remix I want do o. I spoke to the young man . He explained things to me, drivers are lazy and they don't plan. It is very true uber is more than driving up and down These drivers need training o. Person that makes this much doing it part time . I don't think he has two heads. Because he is now on my what apps and na only one head I see. If I hear or see any drivers, fleet managers complaining that request slow. Or that owners should reduce rental fee. I will go my villager personally and deal with that person or group.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
I am neither a car owner nor driver on any e-hailing platform and have no intentions of being either.
All this driver must have take home that's greater than what he remits to car owner or fleet manager is greed.
How many people here who work for companies/organizations (whether big or small) can confidently say their monthly income is greater than 50% of what they make for their employers?
The only reason people are thinking and coming out to say the driver should earn more money than car owner is because he has total access all resources in the business.
In every situation I know or have heard of, investor/ employer/business owner makes more money than any employee.
Every driver that wants to take the same amount of money home with car owner is directly setting himself up for failure because that means he has to make atleast three times the amount he remits; with each third going into car running/maintenance, car owner ROI and driver income.
Example: Weekly delivery of 25k, shared maintenance or repair clause and driver wants to earn atleast 25k too means.
Weekly remit =25k
Car running/ maintenance contribution= 25k
Driver take home =25k+X
Total = 75k+X
After 3 months max one of car or driver or both will be unavailable for a greater part of a week and driver won't be able to meet up for with that week's payment and this will be commencement of problem because owner thinks his remit his small and he shouldn't have any complain, driver will think owner is inconsiderate due to his sense of entitlement which in the first place led him to believe he should earn more than car owner.
Driver will eventually suffer greatest loss because he will lose car - source of income, which will lead him to signing a worse contract on next offer.
Vehicle owner still has his car, in a worst case scenerio of car total loss he gets compensation, if driver dies he may still be the one to get claim for driver's life and pass whatever he wants on to driver's family.

Any driver who thinks the value on his life his greater than the cost price of vehicle invested by car owner should claim he has terminal disease or was kidnapped for his family members and see how much they will raise within a week if it is more than the cost of the car take it and go and buy car, then become a driver partner. If not, be humble and contented with a reasonable amount that you can easily replicate monthly.

I am not jollof, I can't make everyone happy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
dru23:

It was nice talking to you today. You are very correct. Uber is more than driving. Everything in life is planning. I just feel that only a few drivers are complaining. But that few can spoil the rest or discourage people. Thanks
thanks bro....cheers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bily(m): 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
timifakay:
I am neither a car owner nor driver on any e-hailing platform and have no intentions of being either.
All this driver must have take home that's greater than what he remits to car owner or fleet manager is greed.
How many people here who work for companies/organizations (whether big or small) can confidently say their monthly income is greater than 50% of what they make for their employers?
The only reason people are thinking and coming out to say the driver should earn more money than car owner is because he has total access all resources in the business.
In every situation I know or have heard of, investor/ employer/business owner makes more money than any employee.
Every driver that wants to take the same amount of money home with car owner is directly setting himself up for failure because that means he has to make atleast three times the amount he remits; with each third going into car running/maintenance, car owner ROI and driver income.
Example: Weekly delivery of 25k, shared maintenance or repair clause and driver wants to earn atleast 25k too means.
Weekly remit =25k
Driver take home =25k+X
Total = 75k+X
After 3 months max one of car or driver or both will be unavailable for a greater part of a week and driver won't be able to meet up for with that week's payment and this will be commencement of problem because owner thinks his remit his small and he shouldn't have any complain, driver will think owner is inconsiderate due to his sense of entitlement which in the first place led him to believe he should earn more than car owner.
Driver will eventually suffer greatest loss because he will lose car - source of income, which will lead him to signing a worse contract on next offer.
Vehicle owner still has his car, in a worst case scenerio of car total loss he gets compensation, if driver dies he may still be the one to get claim for driver's life and pass whatever he wants on to driver's family.

Any driver who thinks the value on his life his greater than the cost price of vehicle invested by car owner should claim he has terminal disease or was kidnapped for his family members and see how much they will raise within a week if it is more than the cost of the car take it and go and buy car, then become a driver partner. If not, be humble and contented with a reasonable amount that you can easily replicate monthly.

But a driver is not an employee in that sense... A driver is the active partner in the business while the car owner is the passive partner
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timifakay(m): 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
bily:

But a driver is not an employee in that sense... A driver is the active partner in the business while the car owner is the passive partner

When money talks ______ works
Money speaking, any idea _____
Person with money is talking, poor man says he has idea, him and his idea will _____ without money.
If it was easy, why didn't driver buy his own car?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kaze4blues(m): 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
I want to buy kia picanto for uber as a partner. I need professional advise on whether the car is profitable considering durability and fuel consumption.

Which other car brand will be suitable in other words?

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vena92: 9:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ifeanyimark:

Were paper signed, is there proof u gave them d money? If yes, visit d nearest sars offixe
Oga but you guys are friends na
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
vena92:
Oga but you guys are friends na

Dem b dey do 150k challenge grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by olaboy1: 10:39pm On Feb 25, 2018
This is getting interesting. I think drivers should be grateful that someone is willing to put 2m Naira down to employ his service so he could feed his family.

You should go and see how that man made that 2m Naira before running your mouth. Stop been ungrateful in this period of recession.
I have never heard of an employee making more money than his/her employer, it doesn’t matter whether it’s e-hailing business.

The sharing formula should be 70/30 after Uber fee, fuel, data, car wash and miscellaneous.

Investor takes 70%, driver takes 30%.

Investor puts 50% aside to recoup his capital and car maintenance.
Investor takes 20% profit for his upkeep.

If investor decides to fix his money in any bank instruments, he is assured of his initial capital at the end of the year. People go into business so they can recoup their capital and even re-capitalize with a higher margin.

By the way why are partners not opting for percentage, that way everyone will share the burden of downtime, more like EARN AS YOU GO.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by medd422: 11:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
timifakay:
Weekly remit =25k
Driver take home =25k+X
Total = 75k+X

Driving a car 15 hours everyday is different from working in an office 9 - 5. Never compare d two. Ur 1.8m Corolla is not worth more than my life. If there’s life, there’s hope

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:34pm On Feb 25, 2018
timifakay:
Weekly remit =25k
Driver take home =25k+X
Total = 75k+X

I disagree with the premise(s)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2018
Carshopper & Harbewilliams you don't need to advise investors, you turn investor yourself and when you invest, don't invest in dead cars, buy tokunbo cars, as dru23 does.

Then you can tell us more about the narratives.

Olesekeniwoye with all your earning more than owner, for couple of years you still never buy car, what a shame. You need to hussle more.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by medd422: 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
olaboy1:
This is getting interesting. I think drivers should be grateful that someone is willing to put 2m Naira down to employ his service so he could feed his family.

You should go and see how that man made that 2m Naira before running your mouth. Stop been ungrateful in this period of recession.
I have never heard of an employee making more money than his/her employer, it doesn’t matter whether it’s e-hailing business.

The sharing formula should be 70/30 after Uber fee, fuel, data, car wash and miscellaneous.

If investor decides to fix his money in any bank instruments, he is assured of his initial capital at the end of the year. People go into business so they can recoup their capital and even re-capitalize with a higher margin.

By the way why are partners not opting for percentage, that way everyone will share the burden of downtime, more like EARN AS YOU GO.

Lord Lugard!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 11:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
medd422:

Driving a car 15 hours everyday is different from working in an office 9 - 5. Never compare d two. Ur 1.8m Corolla is not worth more than my life. If there’s life, there’s hope

Driving 15hours daily means u r chasing 160k a week.

Driving 10-12hours daily for 5days results to 100k a week.

I think is best you quit driving and return back to ur village for farming, na by force to remain in Lagos?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 11:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
medd422:

Lord Lugard!!!

You drivers are use to bully, the agbero style, don't worry we are ready for you.

Go and sell your village land and buy a car. Then you offer it cheaper.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2018
olaboy1:

Best ask @Gazzuzz and @Carshopper - it's best you balance the interests of both the car owner and the driver. This is the model that will work best to everyone's interest

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IWealthCreator: 11:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
2005 Honda EOD available for 30k weekly rental.
Interested partner must reside on the mainland
send email to enlightbookstore@gmail.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 12:09am On Feb 26, 2018
bily:

You sound more like one driver, I gave my vehicle for HP, he default on 3 occasions, when I try retrieving the vehicle, he challenge me, we are business partners, that he bought a vehicle from me, paid me some part, that I have no right to retrieve the vehicle. I just laughed and ask him, why didn't he tell me the same thing, wen he was looking 4 the opportunity.

Auctions don't sell on credit, shipping companies don't ship on credit,for custom, if u delay ur duty payment, demurrage follow.

Hear me now, yes I'm arrogant, me and you not the same level, if you drive my car, I'm ur boss.

Driver is employed to drive, no such thing as partnership.

Partnership is only Uber and owner.

I think is time we start paying you guys salary and stop all this weekly remittance.

When next u looking for a car, tell the owner he is not the boss, that you are his partner and see if he will give you a car.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (5686) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: merikowa and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.