Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4725762 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (5687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 5:06pm On May 28, 2017
The math has been written out all over the internet. When you drive for Uber, you are essentially borrowing the future value of your car from yourself, to pay yourself today. The maintenance costs alone barely keep up what Uber pays you. So while you may get away with no costs in the short term, eventually you're going to have to pay down the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgQPj90OrQE

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 5:49pm On May 28, 2017
Before you put your car on Uber or Taxify you need to think about this. Don't look at daily money.

1 What is the the age of your car(2007 car is 10 years) and the cost(market price)
2 What is the cost of maintenance
3 What is your profit after Fueling
4 What is your Savings for 3 to 4 years.
5 What is the market value(cost)of a corresponding year car i.e 2011 car in 4 years time.
6 If your savings plus value of your rickety car can buy you a 10 year old car (2011 car) in 4 years plus savings then go ahead.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by crownard(m): 6:17pm On May 28, 2017
You are not making any profit at all if I put 10k fuel in my camry 2007 it will surely give me 40k....so Man check your working statistics.
Romeo3:
grin grin grin

For godsake, this bloody car made me 27,800 yesterday from 8500 naira fuel.

if a car does that on a regular, abeg, what is 9,300?

if i dont take care of it, who will?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 6:24pm On May 28, 2017
itzlabode:
hi guys,

I have learnt so much as regards uber on this platform. I really appreciate everyone.

1 last question. my car is a " car loan" given to staff in my company, so the name on the documents is "company/my name" , do you think Uber will accept this? I need answer swiftly so I can make critical decision.

Regards
https://www.nairaland.com/3374339/make-money-uber/2
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyclicks: 6:31pm On May 28, 2017
bigass:

88hrs is not only. That's more than 12hrs per day. Seriously try and walk around in between to prevent blood clots from long sittings

I believe visiting the Spa a few times in a month for a good massage is not a bad idea

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 8:00pm On May 28, 2017
pearsy6:
Looking for a driver for immediate employment. Driver must reside around gbagada/bariga/yaba/somolu axis.
Must have a valid driver's license
Must not be older than 38years
Must be familiar with Lagos road.

Interested persons should reach me on pearsedavid6@gmail.com
Uber driver or regular private driver?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 10:17pm On May 28, 2017
OlugbengaE:
The math has been written out all over the internet. When you drive for Uber, you are essentially borrowing the future value of your car from yourself, to pay yourself today. The maintenance costs alone barely keep up what Uber pays you. So while you may get away with no costs in the short term, eventually you're going to have to pay down the road.

Correct

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:09pm On May 28, 2017
OlugbengaE:

jpworld:

Correct
OlugbengaE:

Just so we know, the Math in this youtube video doean't add up. Figures can be manipulated in any way to tell any story. Here's another set of figures I happen to be conversant about. This dude in my estate started out on Uber with a Toyota Yaris, hire purchase - #1.2 million. He paid up fully in 10 months; sold the Yaris for #1.4 million and bought a 2009 Camry which he uses now. Let's not forget that he was also able to pay his bills in those 10 months. So how do we cast this true story in the light of this youtube math? My point is this - if you really understand what you are doing, you can be well ahead in this Uber business ... trust me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:20pm On May 28, 2017
Here's a framework for thinking about the math in this Uber business. Two things DEPRECIATE the value of a car - 1) Mileage, 2) Age. The way I figured this out, our Uber cars will still depreciate (age) if we decided, for instance, to park them in our garage and not drive them. Using these cars on Uber piles up miles on them in a relatively short time; thus reducing their resale value. The right game plan is this - use the car on Uber for max of 18 months; then sell and trade up to another car. My two cents; though

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:50pm On May 28, 2017
never ever engage pessimists in their negativity or else they become wise in their own eyes.

that is all i have to say.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 11:55pm On May 28, 2017
nitigriti:
Here's a framework for thinking about the math in this Uber business. Two things DEPRECIATE the value of a car - 1) Mileage, 2) Age. The way I figured this out, our Uber cars will still depreciate (age) if we decided, for instance, to park them in our garage and not drive them. Using these cars on Uber piles up miles on them in a relatively short time; thus reducing their resale value. The right game plan is this - use the car on Uber for max of 18 months; then sell and trade up to another car. My two cents; though
a brand new 2007 toyota camry bought brand new in 2007 for 6.5 million naira and was delivered in a container and has been in a garage for 10 years cannot sell for 6.5 million.

it is either you allow these people with their failed maths or you stick to the truth you already know.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 5:11am On May 29, 2017
Romeo3:
never ever engage pessimists in their negativity or else they become wise in their own eyes.

that is all i have to say.

Deciding not to drive for Uber does not make anyone pessimist, Uber is not the only business in this world. The way you reason make one wonder the level of your experience and business acumen. What people are telling you is this Uber is a wicked company who care less about their partners.

Let me tell you this.
Uber in US bought Lexus to people on loan to Operate Uber Black(Luxury and most expensive) then after 6 months banned them from operating on Uber Black and moved them all to UberX the least expensive.
To keep up with loan repayment, they had to work extra hours.

Obviously the premium you place on your life is low as you don't really mind working more hours to make same thing.

I have someone who resigned from a N22million Job because he was not given same pecks(driver,official car etc) as expatriates who were on same level with him. he was jobless for 2 months and the next job he got was woah. N35million with a house in lekki phase1,car, driver and cook.

Walmart gross earnings is the highest among her peers but pay their workers rubbish.

This 40% slash is not about you or any other driver/partner. Its about increased revenue for the greedy Uber. you just started Uber ask people who started with them who bought brand new cars to put on uber.

You ain't seen nothing yet wait till Uber gets their desired more partners and remove all the incentives.

Why has there been an increase in complaints against Uber drivers lately, if you doubt me just type @ubernigeria into your twitter search and click latest.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:26am On May 29, 2017
like i said before and i will continue to say. i dont care about uber or taxify or ogataxi or any of them... i only care about making money.

if after my analysis taxify or ogataxi will make me the money i am looking for, then f**k uber. if lyft cones to nigeria and their business strategy will make me more moneyvthan uber does, f**k uber.

it is like i am grossly misunderstood on this thread. i only car about my car and the money i can make. right now, uber is still making sense for me. if it isnt making sense for you, that is solely your business. uber no buy car for me. neither did taxify or ogataxi. they are all the same thing, but uber came first and theyvstill have the lion share of riders.

i dont believe in speaking english or talking nonsense just to rubbish one company.... show me the f**king money. thats all i want to see.

until riders decide to dump uber for taxify or ogataxi, none of those platforms will make sense as long as earning is concerned.

use your head if you are a driver. if uber isnt paying you as a driver nobody is forcing you. sign out from the uber app, delete your uber driver account, delete your uber app and go do something else. stop the f**king irritating complains and stop giving riders a nightmare.

what idiot continues in a place thatvdoesnt pay him? if it isnt paying you why are you still there and why are you still complaining?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 8:43am On May 29, 2017
people do not like the truth.

the truth about uber is that car owners are supposed to be drivingbthe cars by themselves

that is just the truth.

in that way, any money you make you get to keep. without delivering to anybody every driver on uber takes home nothing less than 60,000 naira a week. and this 60k weekly is after fuel and uber's 25%.

if you make 60,000 a week that is 240,000 a month and in 12 months it is over 2,800,000 in profit.

with that kind of money, you can change your car engine and car gearbox 2 times a year if they breakdown. that is why i am always quick to rubbish the depreciation claims etc.

if you are making that kind of money and you cannot maintain your car then shame on you.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:02am On May 29, 2017
the problem is greed.

you do not own a car. you are driving for someone. or you are driving HP for someone and you want to make millions while driving another persons car?

majority of lagos uber drivers are dumb by default.

you are dumb if you do not know lagos roads very well and you cannot use gps very well and you decide to join uber just because you heard there was money in it.

these things require Just more than the ability to drive. being able to drive doesnt make you an uber driver. you have to be smart.

for christ sake majority of these guys cannot even use the uber drivers app. all they are interested in is to just tap the circle any time a request comes in.

price reduction + incentives + promotions = more money.

if more money isnt involved no one would bring it up. its like these people also forget that price reduction also means a reduction in the value of the 25% that uber collects.

in the former price regime on a 2000 naira trip uber makes 500.

in the new reduced fares where a 2000 naira trip now costs 1000 naira does uber still make 500? no. they make 250.

does any one think a company like uber will set up a business model that will make them lose money?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:04am On May 29, 2017
past week earnings before incentives and promotions are added

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 9:21am On May 29, 2017
Only the myopic will take Uber new concept out on a trip.

Lets say before now Uber had 10,000 partners who raked in 400k per month.
That's N4Billion in total. Uber fee of 25% is N1Billion

Now if Uber attains 60,000 partners who raked in 250k monthly. That's 15Billion and 25% is N3.75Billion

Less earning for individual partners but more money for uber

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 9:32am On May 29, 2017
but the myopic still makes more money than than the acclaimed non myopic week in week out.

who be the real mumu?

grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 10:31am On May 29, 2017
i haven't driven on uber since May4 i am not like those Truck drivers who could not protest apapa bad roads for 24hrs. because they couldnt get daily money.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iykee(m): 12:45pm On May 29, 2017
A recently activated uber driver, but well experienced with good knowledge of Lagos metropolis is looking for a partner / car to drive. The individual, Edward is 34 lives in Ketu area of Lagos.
Hire purchase model would be preferable but if not available then weekly rental of 40k.
Can start this week, immediately.
Pls call or send SMS to 08122706221
Thanks and will reply immediately
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyclicks: 4:35pm On May 29, 2017
Pls how do I ensure that a rider's card payment goes through on taxify
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:39pm On May 29, 2017
Romeo3:
the problem is greed.

you do not own a car. you are driving for someone. or you are driving HP for someone and you want to make millions while driving another persons car?

you are dumb if you do not know lagos roads very well and you cannot use gps very well and you decide to join uber just because you heard there was money in it.

these things require Just more than the ability to drive. being able to drive doesnt make you an uber driver. you have to be smart.

for christ sake majority of these guys cannot even use the uber drivers app. all they are interested in is to just tap the circle any time a request comes in.

if more money isnt involved no one would bring it up. its like these people also forget that price reduction also means a reduction in the value of the 25% that uber collects.

in the new reduced fares where a 2000 naira trip now costs 1000 naira does uber still make 500? no. they make 250.

does any one think a company like uber will set up a business model that will make them lose money?

CORRECT!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 9:06pm On May 29, 2017
Romeo3:
the problem is greed.

You said it, they won't bring up a model that will make them lose money. So if they were making just 500 from a single trip of 2000 within half an hour before, they now have multiple say 3-4×, so uber will now make 3×250=750 every 30mins which is greater than the 500 made previously.

All in all, think this current regime is a beta test, if it doesn't pat them, they'd tweak it a bit again. "No one" enters a biz to fail.

So OlugbengaE is also on point.

Make una call truce
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 9:32pm On May 29, 2017
Did you guy see the Afolayan Uber ride price
90 euros for 35kms

thats 38k
In Nigeria that will be less than 2500

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by naijacutee(f): 10:58pm On May 29, 2017
jarkbauer:
Did you guy see the Afolayan Uber ride price
90 euros for 35kms

thats 38k
In Nigeria that will be less than 2500

I think you're comparing apples with oranges here. The last time I went to Paris 7 years ago, I couldn't find anywhere to eat for less than 25Eur. Perhaps it was just where I was, but I couldn't even street food and I paid like 100 Eur for a rubbish hotel room that looked like a hostel. It is a very expensive city, so prices probably reflect that.

Only God knows how much things cost now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 11:11pm On May 29, 2017
naijacutee:

I think you're comparing apples with oranges here. The last time I went to Paris 7 years ago, I couldn't find anywhere to eat for less than 25Eur. Perhaps it was just where I was, but I couldn't even street food and I paid like 100 Eur for a rubbish hotel room that looked like a hostel. It is a very expensive city, so prices probably reflect that.

Only God knows how much things cost now

I can never compare the two in real times but such should at least cost 10% in Nigeria
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oxytech: 12:35am On May 30, 2017
Romeo3:
people do not like the truth.
if you make 60,000 a week that is 240,000 a month and in 12 months it is over 2,800,000 in profit.
with that kind of money, you can change your car engine and car gearbox 2 times a year if they breakdown. that is why i am always quick to rubbish the depreciation claims etc.
if you are making that kind of money and you cannot maintain your car then shame on you.

On a vehicle, the moving parts fail due to friction (wear due to rubbing). ASIDE engine pistons and gearbox, there are several other major moving parts (rotary/linear motion) e.g Shaft, Wheel and all ball bearings, Axle and transmission, Rotors-Brakepads, Alternator, Starter, Steering assembly, AC compressor, Tyres, Water pump, Suspensions/absorbers, Fuel pump, Power steering, Braking system, etc. All these needs maintenance too.

Using a Tyre as an example: A 195/55r15 tyre has an outer diameter of 633mm, thus a circumference (1 revolution) of 1989mm. So, for a 5000miles per 3weeks, means the Tyre would have rotated 5000X1.6/0.001989 = 4million times, every 3 weeks!
More rotation, means more friction, which means more wear out; so that Tyre would need more frequent replacement at high use.

Similar rotation/linear reps can be shown on each of the other moving parts, and most even have much higher rotation; thus more friction, thus more frequent wear out. Each moving part has a MAXIMUM rotation/linear motion to failure.
That Tyre would need replacement after about every 30,000 miles, i.e. 4 new tyres every 4mths!

@Romeo has narrowed wear/replacement concerns to Engine and Gearbox only on any car (or an 11 yr old 207000 km car); this is incorrect wink
(By the way, "depreciation" really means.... Minimum expected UNTOUCHABLE savings, or you fry!) shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dejidotun2000(m): 5:11am On May 30, 2017
What is your basis for assuming that any one service or commodity in Nigeria(Lagos) should cost 10 percent of what it cost in France(Paris).
jarkbauer:

I can never compare the two in real times but such should at least cost 10% in Nigeria
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 7:19am On May 30, 2017
dejidotun2000:
What is your basis for assuming that any one service or commodity in Nigeria(Lagos) should cost 10 percent of what it cost in France(Paris).

That's none of your business.
Na who wan argue you dey look for.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:44am On May 30, 2017
Hi everyone, good morning.

Please I need clarification on something. According to what I have read on this thread, the minimum car year is 2008, while on Uber website it is 2003.

Has it been changed? Really confused.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 7:54am On May 30, 2017
Raiyell:
Hi everyone, good morning.

Please I need clarification on something. According to what I have read on this thread, the minimum car year is 2008, while on Uber website it is 2003.

Has it been changed? Really confused.

I will advise you to believe what is on this website than what is on Uber official website.

Nairaland has the authentic information not Uber website

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (5687) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: wave1(m), Kaymaxi2222(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.