Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers (27572 Views)

Too Much Awoof....see What Iroko Tv Has To Offer / Iroko TV Is Now Offering Free Movies Download For All Subscribers / Subscribe To Iroko Tv On Your Mobile Phone And Enjoy Data Free Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by PublicAssurance: 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
Njoku carry go!!!...you are creating wealth and Jobs for Nigerians....we need more people like you!
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by IamAtribalist: 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
sexymoma:
what have you gained... who your trabalism don help... even you e don help you....
Otondo

cool Biko who owns the 2 naira ashewo? Abeg come carry your load, her toto dey smell like that open toilet at Abakaliki.

1 Like

Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Fundango: 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
all sweat shall be in vain.grin
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Boss13: 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
dominique:
Jason Njoku is just being a staunch businessman, I don't get how he's cheating them. They the producers are the ones to come up with terms of agreement on the distribution of their movies to the likes of Iroko tv.

I thought he doesn't pay at all. Madam it's called business, you don't like it then demand more if you can't get that then stop complaining or look for other alternative means of putting your movies out there in the public. Be innovative and stop complaining
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by sexymoma(f): 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
IamAtribalist:

cool Biko who owns the 2 naira ashewo? Abeg come carry your load, her toto dey smell like that open toilet at Abakaliki.
o ti e gbon... olopolo eja ti e ni moun gba tahun.... emi gan sef, mo f*ck up
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Urine: 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Editor1:
Who's Leila Djansi?
Anoda aproko dats pained cos a broda is making some money from his creativity. People can be so envious!

Why didn't she set up the same model all dis while and make her own money. By the way, did producers complain to her? Nawaoo...some people sef.

U can hate the Igbo man. but u can't take away the ingenuity from his spirit!!
Nwanna Jason, ride on...chop ur money!

Please this is an interesting issue and I'm sure Jason will respond soon don't make it a tribal thing, let's have an intelligent argument.
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
Urine:

Please this is an interesting issue and I'm sure Jason will respond soon don't make it a tribal thing, let's have an intelligent argument.

Ur name says it all. What's interesting abt the issue. Or are u a producer? If it sounds interesting to you, why didn't u voice it out before she did.
Oluku!

1 Like

Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Urine: 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
Editor1:

Ur name says it all. What's interesting abt the issue. Or are u a producer? If it sounds interesting to you, why didn't u voice it out before she did.
Oluku!

I don't remember insulting you, all I said is let's wait for Jason's response while not making it a tribal issue. As for you calling me a fool, you will repeat it soon. That's a promise.

2 Likes

Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by AmakaDNBStories(f): 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ok na...
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Floyd45(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Truth be told, i think the issue is with the producers. They are usually in a hurry to make money off their movies, i'm not saying that should not be a motivating factor. But they need to bear in mind that some movies can be a hit or miss. However, if you have put in a lot of resources, hard work, intellect, and strongly believe in ur work, then you shouldnt be in a hurry to sell of ur work out rightly. Another issue is that some of this movies cnt stand the test of time.
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
dominique:
Jason Njoku is just being a staunch businessman, I don't get how he's cheating them. They the producers are the ones to come up with terms of agreement on the distribution of their movies to the likes of Iroko tv.

To understand these producers are not getting "ROYALTIES" on their work is saddening.
What the hell then was their gain?
A one-off $10,000? Crazy. Jason is definitely looting them, especially those who made quality movies.

Intellectual properties are ought to be fetching you royalties for life, even after your demise...pay it to your company.
This is a very good eye-opener. Let them demand for better deals. If it was ignorance before now is the time for you a producer to 'ja ra e', smart up!

3 Likes

Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
There is nothing like cheating here.

Jason is into business to make money for himself and not make money for the producers.

He doesn't force the producers to accept the so called 5k USD on gun point, they do it willingly and if you re not okay with his offers, you can always go elsewhere.

Business is business, there is nothing like cheating in what Jason is doing.

If you are not okay with his contract terms, then take ur movies elsewhere.

Period
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Orikinla(m): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
I read it. Good article with good points, but there nothing new there. The fact is iROKO TV pays Nigerian producers more than what they get for their movies elsewhere online or offline. It is even Jason Njoku that I am feeling for, because he is only making a fraction of what he can make from online distribution. Amazon knows how to make more millions of dollars than other competitors from movies, because Amazon has an almost perfect marketing strategy that Netflix, Hulu, iROKO TV and others don't have. And my iPost Nigeria will be the game changer for internet entertainment. The demo is there online, but it is still like algebra to others. Many of them don't know more than streaming and VOD. But iPost Nigeria is more than that.

1 Like

Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by femorra(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
dominique:

That's incorrect, the terms are laid by iroko
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Orikinla(m): 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
tonyfrenzy:

To understand these producers are not getting "ROYALTIES" on their work is saddening.
What the hell then was their gain?
A one-off $10,000? Crazy. Jason is definitely looting them, especially those who made quality movies.

Intellectual properties are ought to be fetching you royalties for life, even after your demise...pay it to your company.
. Please, don't rant about what you don't know about. He bargained and they sold the rights to him. Case closed.

2 Likes

Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
femorra:

Itz ignorance they can actually demand for better deals.
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Chartey(m): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
allanphash7:
Which satelite shows this iroko tv
My ribs.
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
Orikinla:
. Please, don't rant about what you don't know about. He bargained and they sold the rights to him. Case closed.

Learn to be courteous while quoting other people. What do mean by 'rant'.
If you are not his apprentice then you don't have to be blinded by sentiment.
I advised producers to wisen up and demand for better deals, is it not there intellectual properties?
And that's the best thing to do. Jason too can demand for better options up there.

Else, he's swindling them out of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by femorra(m): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
Orikinla:

Its not as straightforward as that.. The producers don't/didn't know better. But he does!

On other Networks, there is a one-off payment and additional payments that are dependent on how good/bad ur movie is doing.

He is a lot more knowledgeable of the workings of Video On Demand. He took advantage of their ignorance
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by awesomet1(m): 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by M4gunners: 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
Abeg na won get dis Ghana woman number make i send application?Na her type i dey like. As of Jason,that no be news. We do business to get gain full stop.
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
There's no money in nollywood, only fame. If you're female, starring in a few nollywood movies would open your market to catching big fish in the political sector.
That's how USAtrucks tried to scam people saying there was money in the industry, on further questioning he beat around the bush because he was a cheap scammer looking for a victim. His account has gotten banned since he was was found out by the mods.

I didn't read the article but what Jason does is way better for an already decaying industry. Without smart minds like him and corporate entities of dstv nollywood would've still remained the stale eye-sore churning industry it was always known for.
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by dominique(f): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
femorra:

Then the producers are not smart. They should be the ones laying down the Ts and Cs for the distribution of their movies.
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by tgmservice: 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
Are people still watching crap nollywood
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by 400billionman: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
chronique:
I'm hearing a different thing now. Last year,a friend asked me to partner in a low budget movie that would be put on iroko tv and dstv and some other int'l media platform. At first,I wasn't too keen on it but after so much pressure,I obliged Him. I actually thought of investing a larger sum in the project so I can earn big,but decided to test run with a very meagre sum. Fast forward till today,He keeps telling me Iroko tv hasn't paid despite the movie being on their platform. I thought these guys were making good dough from their iroko tv partnership...

What if you are being scammed. ? Have you watched the movie you invested in ?
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by 400billionman: 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
tgmservice:
Are people still watching crap nollywood

Yes on pay TV. African Magic, Nollywood Tv, online.

But that of buying CDs are stale methods
Re: Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers by ewizard1: 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
Its just #Business

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dada (2023) Tamil Full Movie Download Free[4k,1080p,720p,480p] / Behind-the-scenes Raunchy Pictures Of 'Days Of Sin' / Vee And Wathony In Heated Argument While Chief Instigator Bright Proclaims Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.