Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Women, Childbirth And Laziness - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women, Childbirth And Laziness (26098 Views)

Hausa Muslim Girl Impregnated By Igbo Man Dies During Childbirth, Family Wants.. / Nigerian Lady Dies During Childbirth, Leaving Her White Hubby & Son Behind / Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Precious91(m): 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
cut the women some slack,dude.childbearing no easy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by shogosco: 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
f
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by delishpot: 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
madcheddartips:
I still try to play football on saturdays and my pregnant wife will say I am leaving her alone cos she is preg. And my belly is protruding gradually. Women self.

LOL. Its understandable pregnant women could be quite clingy. They feel irritable and envy their hubbies who are able to eat what ever and do what ever they want to. They feel that 2 people played the match and only one has to carry the result grin grin. Pregnant women also love to have someone esp their partners close by at all times esp when they are home.

On the other hand, I know of men who start side eyeing their wives who start excercising and suspecting them of playing away match. I know one that says he isnt complaining that who is she wanting to look good for? grin grin. Yet they arent preggers.

Ehrm OP abeg dont use those womens life to compare the life style of the average Nigerian mother o. Its not easy we just have to encourage them to try not to mock them and compare them to Kim K. Shuo Kim K and co have enough money to hire nannies, eat special meals,hire diet and life coaches, try weightloss meds and machines,build a gymn in their basement etc. If you cant afford her the environment to shed the weight dont complain o.

7 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by sweatlana: 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Omotayor123:
Why do men always want the women to Sacrifice Everything. They like making women feel miserable. You want to have a cake and eat it.

She must have the baby and keep in shape.
But men are free to grow fat Hypocrites!!!!

This tread is so stupid and hypocritical on so many levels...

8 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by sweatlana: 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
Precious91:
cut the women some slack,dude.childbearing no easy

Don't mind him
Talking out of his ass

4 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by shogosco: 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
are you typing from Experience? cheesy

anyway, I love my WOMAN!

4 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Rutycool(f): 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Cutehector:
we come bak late from work and eat wife"s food and sleep.. And go to work by 5am again... grin . No time for exercise
I don greet you. So its women that have d whole day doing nothing right?
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by canDy4eva(f): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Cutehector:
Lol but d husband is allowed to get fat and a pot belly ryt?
help us n ask d op!

1 Like

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by amas124(m): 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
zed7:
I keep seeing women blow up after childbirth and their excuse is that pregnancy expands the body. No doubt pregnancy is stressful but with discipline both in exercise and diet u can get any shape back.
We have seen celebrity chicks with multiple kids still have a banging bod after childbirth. Example are chics like The Kardashian girls, Halle Berry, Angelina Jolie, Omotola etc.
I agree that celebrities don't have a choice than to keep in shape because of their jobs. So should it be with regular women. Your husband still needs u hot as smoke. It even helps your self esteem. Nothing as sweet as being called a hot mum.
Please ladies, pregnancy and childbirth isn't a curse.
I don't even want to hear that celebrities have maids and personal trainers. Exercise doesn't cost much. Even when d kids are asleep, take time out to work out. Nothing attractive about a shapeless woman. Dieting is cheaper than gluttony . In d long run, everyone wins. You, your proud hubby and kids.
you are very right,it's common with our women,it's better if we do something about it
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Cutehector(m): 7:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
Rutycool:
I don greet you. So its women that have d whole day doing nothing right?
lol d house wives ....
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by broxymall(m): 7:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
Click Likes for a loving MOTHER

Get your Timberland Boot,Sneakers, Emporio armani, Casio Edifice, Mechanical chronograph Tourbillion watch et al , visit link at signature
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by flawlessT(f): 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ok,i will work dat out wen dah tym comes grin
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Reference(m): 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
Its our terrible prehistoric diets and eating habits that unfortunately have not evolved with time. One sorry example is the lump of unwanted calories packed into our favourite puddings - poundy, fufu, eba, amala and semo. What the heck.

I mean they were great stores of pure carbo-energy when you had to camel 10 miles to the farm, till 3 acres with a hoe and haul back 100 pounds or more of produce or firewood.

You hardly need that if the sum total of your daily tasking involves snoring to work behind a chauffeur, sitting your lazy ar.sis down as you travel through cyberspace on company's resources then retiring home for your daily lectures from Dstv's resident love doctors from Mexico. Yes endless love and endless fatty bums.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by canDy4eva(f): 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
zed7:
I keep seeing women blow up after childbirth and their excuse is that pregnancy expands the body. No doubt pregnancy is stressful but with discipline both in exercise and diet u can get any shape back.
We have seen celebrity chicks with multiple kids still have a banging bod after childbirth. Example are chics like The Kardashian girls, Halle Berry, Angelina Jolie, Omotola etc.
I agree that celebrities don't have a choice than to keep in shape because of their jobs. So should it be with regular women. Your husband still needs u hot as smoke. It even helps your self esteem. Nothing as sweet as being called a hot mum.
I don't even want to hear that celebrities have maids and personal trainers. Exercise doesn't cost much. Even when d kids are asleep, take time out to work out. Nothing attractive about a shapeless woman. Dieting is cheaper than gluttony . In d long run, everyone wins. You, your proud hubby and kids.
my friend pack well! Wot do u knw abt d 9 months n months of breast feedin? Am so sure uv nt bein whr a woman z pregnant n all dat. U think itz as easy as u think? Let all doz celebs u mention'd b put in d shoes of an average Nigerian woman n c hw stupid dey would look. Do u knw hw much dey spend on der body Rada dan spew poo, y nt get tips on ways of getin bk to shape n watch d woman "like" ur trend! If uv gat no positive tin to say, zip up dat thing u call a mouth, so it doznt lead u to typin poo!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
Oga everybody can't be thin

Different faces different shapes. Go for your spec and be happy, simple!

3 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by starlingbawa(m): 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
zed7:
On second thought, this post isn't for everyone. Let those who want to learn read and digest.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by sexybaykay: 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mind ur business. Thats not meant to be an issue asu dnt know the reasons why they r fat when u marry.. treat ur spouse like that orself.. whichever
zed7:

3 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by christinie(f): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
Omotola is now fat oo.
zed7:

A tired excuse women give. Do you know the dedication and time put into working out? They also watch what they eat. Hw many surgeries has Omosexy done? Celebrities are dedicated because a fat, unattractive star would lose relevance.
We men see our women as our own celebrities but unfortunately they are too lazy most times. No motivation even when u talk to them.
Meanwhile i would rather look at an overweight guy than an overweight woman.

1 Like

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by canDy4eva(f): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
nairalandbuzz:
Dieting is cheaper than glutony indeed.
"indeed" my dear!
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by pamcode(m): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
To me the problem isnt laziness but lack of worry.Married women get too contented and most lose that zeal they have for fashion and smartness. That why most get obese and unattractive.
Typical example is my Uncle wife, the woman now looks like old granny in a young skin.

1 Like

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by passionate88: 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
lazy Nigerian girls.
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by techmart(m): 7:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
God bless our mothers
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Ishilove: 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
Adufetohposh:
Oga everybody can't be thin

Different faces different shapes. Go for your spec and be happy, simple!
Gbam.

He shouldn't mention celebs because I've read an article where doctors say women should give their bodies at least six months to rest. All these post-preggy show offs that these women display after 2months of delivery is putting unnecessary pressure on women

1 Like

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by madcheddartips(m): 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
delishpot:

LOL. Its understandable pregnant women could be quite clingy. They feel irritable and envy their hubbies who are able to eat what ever and do what ever they want to. They feel that 2 people played the match and only one has to carry the result grin grin. Pregnant women also love to have someone esp their partners close by at all times esp when they are home.

On the other hand, I know of men who start side eyeing their wives who start excercising and suspecting them of playing away match. I know one that says he isnt complaining that who is she wanting to look good for? grin grin. Yet they arent preggers.

Ehrm OP abeg dont use those womens life to compare the life style of the average Nigerian mother o. Its not easy we just have to encourage them to try not to mock them and compare them to Kim K. Shuo Kim K and co have enough money to hire nannies, eat special meals,hire diet and life coaches, try weightloss meds and machines,build a gymn in their basement etc. If you cant afford her the environment to shed the weight dont complain o.

I taya oh.
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by canDy4eva(f): 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
sweatlana:
Don't compare celebs to regular women! Kim k and others have the best plastic surgeons at their beck and call!
At zed 7 you are either a man or a woman without kids if not you would know better
For your information most women gain weight and remain that way until they are done having ALL their kids. Cos even if u lose weight u are bound to gain it back with the next pregnancy.
Also metabolism varies. Some burn fat way faster than others so u can't really judge all women who are fat.
Lastly women have fat producing enzymes while men have fat burning enzymes
So stop judging women!
seconded!

1 Like

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by Fabulousb36(f): 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
nairalandbuzz:
Dieting is cheaper than glutony indeed.
I think he meant, starving is cheaper than gluttony. Nigerian dishes make dieting a very hard and costly task.

5 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by sparklebug: 7:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
those bashing women on these thread have no clue what it means to get pregnant, deliver and nurse a baby. they also have do not v a clue how a womans body changes once she comits to bringing a baby into this world. yes all those celebs u mentioned have physical body changes o! its just thier money helping them package themselves better. have u watched stephanie okereke's reality series? make me fabulous? if u v, you'll see there is no ugly woman. in just a single day, you'll see how a normal everyday woman is transformed into a diva with just the right cloth,shoes ,hairdo and make up!
also dont forget no two women are the same bodywise. omotola was like a uk size 8 before she started childbirth. now she's in her 30's and should be a size 14. she's gone up like 3 cloth size o! some women are already size 12, the kind you'll call voluptious. after child birth they can go up to 14 or 16.
rather than bash women, what we should be advocating for is staying fit o! looking and feeling good even with your new found shape. truth is not many women will get thier pre pregnancy body back. look good and rock the body you have now!
thumbs up to all the mothers in the house joor!!

16 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by dBard: 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
Dyt:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Mimics OP

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Laziness?
If you a man work out with your wife
If you a Lady, not everyone even wants to be Turin gbeku
undecided undecided

It is Laziness.
I workout almost daily..have an app (thank u play store) and downloaded same f wifey, but f her it's a drag. Of all the girls I know or dated only one truly bothered about her body enough to workout consistently.
As typical, someone has already given the 'plastic surgery' excuse...forgetting that even in our locale, there are celebrities e.g Omotola, who post delivery still look sexy(ier)
These days when a quick visit t Google will give u a list of exercises safe at every trimester in pregnancy.

Naija women..never ready t accept responsibility

3 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by starlingbawa(m): 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Reference:
Its our terrible prehistoric diets and eating habits that unfortunately have not evolved with time. One sorry example is the lump of unwanted calories packed into our favourite puddings - poundy, fufu, eba, amala and semo. What the heck.

I mean they were great stores of pure carbo-energy when you had to camel 10 miles to the farm, till 3 acres with a hoe and haul back 100 pounds or more of produce or firewood.

You hardly need that if the sum total of your daily tasking involves snoring to work behind a chauffeur, sitting your lazy ar.sis down as you travel through cyberspace on company's resources then retiring home for your daily lectures from Dstv's resident love doctors from Mexico. Yes endless love and endless fatty bums.

very funny piece!!!
Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by ekamavictor(m): 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
Obviously, the poster is still a teenager and you shouldn't take him seriously. My advice to him, don't dabble into issues you know nothin about, u think all dos abortions you do is anythin compared to 9 months pregnancy or in the name of keepin shape a breast feeding mother should starve herself becos she wants to arrouse you.

12 Likes

Re: Women, Childbirth And Laziness by lifenajeje(m): 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
OP every one be it male or female need to stay healthy.

Loosing weight takes determination. Especially for women who had given birth. Its not an easy task even for single guys and ladies , married men inclusive not to talk about a female that has given birth common...

Our body metabolism are different those with high metabolic rate would never add weight while those with low metabolism have tendencies to add weight except they engadge in activities that can increase their body metabolism like eating the right combination of foods and regular physical activities.

DERTERMINATION DETERMINATION DETERMINATION is key to loosing weight.

Encouragement and others are not necessary.

Let me use my wife as an example..we are blessed with two kids through C.S once the child clocks six months she starts exercising her tummy by doing sit ups on the bed before she stands up from it..she combines her food to make sure it contains all classes of food in little proportions and ....sorry before I forget she drinks warm water for three months from baby's arrival..she chews garlic once in a while at night( brush ur teeth with toothpaste that have mint like oral b pro health so ur mouth does not smell or cut in pieces and swallow if u don't want it smelling in ur mouth)
She only does jogs or perform aerobics when she feels she has eaten too much. Cos once in a while she derails in her meal plan especially when I come back with the goodies(u know go see better berbecued chicken and ice cream commot eye u must keep ur loose weight program one side). These activities make her shed weight gained by giving birth.

I never for once compliment her or encourage her..

Its me her husband who keeps adding weight.. Its not laziness cos if I decide to exercise I can undergo strenuous aerobics for over an hour but its is the bad eating habit and lack of determination that brings me back to square one.

Exercise three days or two weeks stop for one full month etc...

So O.P what works for my wife may not work for others but in conclusion there are those with emotional stress,work stress, financial stress and family stress plus other problems not listed that will make them not loose weight.

If u can't loose weight please keep fit.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again / Should I Get Married To Her Now? / Father And Daughter Cry Together At Her Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.