Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:37 AM

Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango (19832 Views)

Facts About Unilag Boys / Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students / See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by LekeAdebisi: 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
From the Class representatives of UNILAG GEOSCIENCE DEPARTMENT.
I was a victim of the yesterday's (08/10/15) field trip hazard. There have been false news being reported about the field trip we just concluded. Though we had an incident of a vehicle breakdown, the journey was not as hazardous as reported.

It was written on the post of "Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango by akksplendor" that:

1. "They were supposed to go with 4, but one of the buses was bad and we had to go with just 3 while some students had to stand in the bus throughout the journey."
NOT SO!
Two buses were planned for the trip to ilaro formation. (A big marcopolo university of Lagos bus, and a coaster university of Lagos bus.)

2. " On getting to the place,we felt disappointed because the visit was meaningless to us as we didn't spend up to an hour before we started heading back to Lagos again."
NOT TRUE AS WELL!
We arrived at ilaro formation around 11:48am and our lecturers put us through the field work which was intended to end by 5pm. However, the rainfall hindered our objectives though we covered all but left the field around 3pm.

3. " The sad thing is that it was only one lecturer who joined the students in one of the buses. The other lecturers were in their private fully air-conditioned cars."
ALSO UNTRUE
We have two lecturers handling this particular field method course. Even more, we had three lecturers on the field yesterday (08/10/15) on the field explaining to us. One of whom is on a casual leave and just came by to assist. On leaving the field, one of the lecturers left for another assignment while the other followed us back to Lagos.

4. " When one of the buses broke down, the other buses waited with just one lecturer with us while the other lecturers abandoned us there and went their ways. Since 8:10pm up till this moment(9:50pm), the lecturer left us in the bus with another person to look for a Mechanic at Iyana IPaja area."
NOT SO
The lecturer never left the buses, not for a moment. The one who left the bus to look for a mechanic was the driver.

5. "He said he doesn't want members of the public to make a news out of it. Some of us who parked our cars on the school premises before going to Ilaro in the school buses told the lecturer to allow us leave and get our cars from the school premises instead of waiting for this broken down bus to be fixed, the lecturer is now saying that we must write a letter of permission at the spot before we can leave."
Well,
The lecturer looked after our safety by keeping us all in the bus and if anyone needed to leave urgent, he made request for a written letter to make the exit official because we were all under his care.

This writer posted that the student who reported this is a married woman. The only married woman in my department attested against this report claiming she knows nothing of this and was framed.

The below statement was made by the students who was originally thought to have reported this :

"Disclaimer: false identity for the person that posted 'Many Unilag students on field trip from ilaro currently trapped at sango' on nairaland.

I am the only married woman in the department of geophysics not geology as the person indicated. Besides, the students on field trip are students of 'GEOSCIENCE' which comprises 'GEOLOGY' & 'GEOPHYSICS' not just 'GEOLOGY'.
I actually left abule egba around the place where the vehicle broke down by 7:15pm (and I have not been online for the past two weeks), not even the said sango as the person wrote.
I have not been online for the past two weeks and I DID NOT POST anything of such.
Please it is a false report as the reporter is not a student nor is he among the victims nor at the site."

This entire episode of unnecessary hullabaloo is obviously taken up by one who seeks attention at any cost.

On behalf of UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS, we have found this extremely offensive, demoralising and unfair to us, our lecturers, and the management because we appreciate how far they have come for us, the extra mile they go for our sakes.
We, the students appreciate our lecturers for the proper studies being given to us. We use this medium to say a BIG THANK YOU to all our Geoscience lecturers. God bless you all.

24 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
I am geoscience student of unilag and this is the true story

4 Likes

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by x506: 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
This story is true as compared to one lunkhead Akin who is desperately seeking attention and posted a reported false story. The oaf can't even write correct english. This story is truly from the horse's mouth.
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by Gboliwe: 7:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
stupidme:
I am geoscience student of unilag and this is the true story

This your username will not help issues at all.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by IbkGeophysicLag: 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
I am a member of this department... and its a big shame seeing an unknown person doing this to tarnish our department lecturers name even went far in framing up one of our colleague... Its really a bad one....This is the REAL STORY.....The other news is False... Nairaland sk something sharppppp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by mostyg(m): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
When I saw the first post this morning, I put a call across to one of the lecturers in that department who narrated how the whole event happened to me. I don't understand why students would lie in order to seek attention and put down the name of their University. The buses broke down, then what? Whose fault is it that buses broke down? Is that not even part of the experience as a student? What did the writer actually wanted to achieve?
Thank goodness the class rep came out to refute all the claims despite that, I feel strongly the student that wrote that article should be fished out, charge for defamation of character and if found guilty .................

1 Like

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by ola4ola(m): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
Yes this is d real story. Am also a geoscience student of the university of lagos and I also embarked on that journey. The news posted by akksplendor is uncalled for. It's just sth dat can happen to anyone.. And besides geoscience is a course studied outside the four corners of a class room,then it's another medium of exploration........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by AmazonA: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
This is funny..........is it possible to know your car would break down when on a journey? That aside tho, GEOSCIENCES is a course mostly done outside the 4 walls of a class (on the field), n anything can happen there..........pls ooohhh, I'm a proud student of Geosciences n yesterday was just another experience added to my dairy of geoscience adventures!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by Bayernmuchen: 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Am a member of geoscience department unilag and I can attest to the fact that the story above is true.
I strongly believe that the blogger posted a false story out of envy,guess unilag denied him admission one time or the other, so the nigga was just looking for a way to get back at the school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by umona12: 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
It was a beautiful trip yesterday even with the bus breaking down, I enjoyed myself but for one dude to come here and post lies it just stupid. This is the real story and am saying a big thank you to the lecturers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by Olamilekan995: 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
"A REAL DILEMA" i say. Diclaimer disclaimer disclaimer!!!! On behalf of myself, a student of the geoscience department present at the field work im here to testify to the alleged false news released by this blogging site. Your actions has caused an anomaly in the department of geoscience unilag due to false claims that we were maltreated or abandoned, fortunately for us nothing of such happened we simply had a broken vehicle and we found a way out of it. So MR blogger we love our department , we love our school, get your facts right before allegedly accusing ppl falsely and stop endagering peoples carrier with the bunch of epitomic nonsense. Great geoscience Great unilag!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by dominique(f): 8:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
It was the blogger that must have exaggerated the story.
Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by David12morg: 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Am a geophysic student and this is the true story. Bus can break down at any point and the only thing that can be done is to find a solution and our lecturer found the solution in which the whole student to to their different hostel safely. Nothing happen to anyone of us so please naira lander abs Nigerians, the earlier post was not true abs no student life was put at risk.
Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by Tonnierichy(m): 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Claims and disclaims!! Na wa for una for dis nairaland!! undecided
Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by omusiliyu(m): 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Okay.. I will delete the first message from my memory then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by ShakurM(m): 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
I knew it! Of all people to get trapped in a town, e go kon be Nigerian students, Of all students, E go kon be Unilag students, Of all places, E go kon be Sango sef ...
Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by Demmocrats(m): 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
The previous info was formulated and deserved an award from lai Mohammed grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by hyfr(m): 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
All this YeYe bloggers hovering about on etisalat 15mb,disturbing the peace of nigerians, jesus is calling y'll today, come to him and receive sense.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by 1guycalvin: 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
The situation we found ourselves on dat day could happen anyday anywhere anytime and the whole story was initially exaggerated pls this blogger guy should be careful. #truthalways
Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by Babatindan: 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
While reading yesterday all I could imagine is d big deal when a bus breaks down and felt d one who claim she has a car in school has never been disappointed with d car before.

1 Like

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by dhamstar(m): 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
wink
Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by Akosxxx(m): 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
unilag geology/geophysics students (well, op in diz case) dont know the difference btw field work and field trip. Same with that yesterday s poster
#ProudlyGeologist.
well, sorry that happened to your school/dept...
Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by FANE4Naija: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
Wait...
Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by shegelu: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nawa oo
Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by nawtibownie: 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
Could it be that the first 13 people to comment created an account here so as to drop a comment concerning this? undecided

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by VickyRotex(f): 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
I'm not agaisnt the disclaimer.

But some of the people who commented above just created their accounts. Could it be because of this? (Rhetorical)

How come no one countered that thread, until now?

And now new monikers came online at the same time to make comments.

27 Likes

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by Greyworld: 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
All the people claimin this is the true story created their their accounts today.

I think this another organised plan to save the reputation of the school or just one good, patrotic fellow controlin the monikers.

Bottom line is that I believe the First story, the second I DIDN'T read.

18 Likes

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by Olaolu9: 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Genuine story, unlike the mendacity fabricator faking up false stories. united we stand #bammy
Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by graciousolo(m): 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Taaa!!! Na today? Dis one na damage control.

2 Likes

Re: Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango by Danycrusoe(m): 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
When Did Every1 On This Forum Become A GeoScience Student Of UniLag?

24 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stephanie Akpapuna Named Valedictorian At Dillard University / Ridwan Ola-Gbadamosi & Karen Nneka Enumah, LASU Best Graduating Students / How Lagos State University Is Killing The Dreams Of Its Students - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.