Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Election Tribunal Chairman Proclaims “death” Upon Bribe Takers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Tribunal Chairman Proclaims “death” Upon Bribe Takers (421 Views)

DSS Offered Bribe, Threatened Me, Ex-rivers Tribunal Chairman–justice Pindiga / Election Tribunal Chairman Proclaims “death” Upon Bribe Takers / Rivers State: Wike's #200 million Bribe Led To Firing Election Tribunal Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Election Tribunal Chairman Proclaims “death” Upon Bribe Takers by captainprogress(m): 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
The Chairman of the Ogun State Election Petition Tribunal, Tobi Ebioewe, on Friday proclaimed curses on people he said attempted to compromise members of his panel, and prayed that those who accepted such bribes “die untimely”.

Mr. Ebioewe nullified the election of Buruji Kashamu as the senator representing Ogun East.
He also delivered judgement on 11 other cases at the Magistrate Court, Isabo, Abeokuta, Ogun.

Mr. Ebioewe said he was confident his panel members did not accept bribes, but decreed that anyone who received, face the wrath of God, and should not live to enjoy such illicit benefits.

“Anybody who has collected money to influence the judgment, may the judgement of God come upon him. I invoke the judgement of God upon the person,” the judge declared.

Mr. Ebioewe invoked the same punishment upon himself if he took bribes.
“People who make business and money are here, there are professional gamblers, nobody has given me any money. Our conscience is clear.

So if you have collected money on behalf of the tribunal, you better return it. God is overall judge, hell for bribe giver and bribe takers,” the chairman emphasised.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191290-election-tribunal-chairman-proclaims-death-upon-bribe-takers.html
Re: Election Tribunal Chairman Proclaims “death” Upon Bribe Takers by Jorussia(m): 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
.Nigerian politicians and desperation
Re: Election Tribunal Chairman Proclaims “death” Upon Bribe Takers by rottennaija(m): 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
I like the new direction our judicial system is heading, I love this change. Anxiously waiting for Akwa-ibom tribunal to deliver their judgment. May God grant this judge and others that did justice long life and prosperity to do more.

(1) (Reply)

Keep Your Family Safe In Case Of Boko Haram Attacks / Breaking News! Bomb Blast In Turkish Capital. / Senate Begins Ministerial Screening By Suspending Amaechi’s Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.