Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup (29836 Views)

Ogbono Soup / How To Cook Ogbono Soup / Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by absoluteSuccess: 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
Culture tinz
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by Odkboy23(m): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
Ala Nwanyi Asaba
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
HMMMMM!

a is for apple b is for ball c is for cane D is for dictatorship e is for egg f is for fool g is for goal h is for hi j is for jump k is for KISS l is for lozzz z is for zoo x is for xo v is for vomit b is n is for Nigeria m is for Man

WHAT a boring day
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by jomoh: 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by macof(m): 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
damton:
Old babaric beliefs. The world has evolved. once you believe in the true God, you can even cook it and do party right in the shrine of the god or goddess

But ur church still practices the old babaric..not to mention alien beliefs of symbolically eating flesh and blood?

6 Likes

Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by Tallest45(m): 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
Bull crap undecided undecided undecided if i hear say
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
sonofananimal:
HMMMMM!

a is for apple b is for ball c is for cane D is for dictatorship e is for egg f is for fool g is for goal h is for hi j is for jump k is for KISS l is for lozzz z is for zoo x is for xo v is for vomit b is n is for Nigeria m is for Man

WHAT a boring day

cheesy
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by scholes0(m): 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
Yeye, you suffered from an Allergy, not some stupid Onishe Ahaba or whatever .....
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by Saved2Serve: 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
Tho! that demi-god that forbids you from eating ogbono soup but herself takes beef and fanta. grin hahahahaha!!! i love it when people allow themselves to be scammed by human and unexisting gods. But why there are no legends, myths and sacrilegious practices surrounding the use of currency (owo, ego, ogbogo) baffles me. This is one thing the universe respects and takes. From human to the supernatural and spiritual beings all demand for money. hahahahahaha!!! I for like see one tribe or deity that rejects money (CBN invented-material oh). Abeg money get power pass all these una fowl and nama story.

1 Like

Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by M4gunners: 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
TrollTrap:
Cool story.... A lil over the top though

I'm just here waiting in anticipation of what Klopp has for Liverpool...
You go wait tire.Better start singing BringbackourSuarez.
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by shut(f): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
These people are crazy,God forbid I forbid anything.
In this 20th century? Ignorance sure is a disease
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2015
adeh39:

cheesy
HOW is your day!
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by ibrokola(m): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
Soukiss:
there is nothing unclean but clean if u believe. so does soldiers that .

leave in North East which I no they cook generally in one port.what will say about them. let me tale u they best soup is Okoro and obogno soup
Did you attend night school? Your grammer though!

1 Like

Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by obi4eze(m): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
Fundamentalist:
Most absurd story I have read in recent times, the 'goddess' can protect them spiritually and physically but couldn't protect them from colonial invasion
The godess na confam mumu na..
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by omonnakoda: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
ibrokola:

Did you attend night school? Your grammer though!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
The goddess accepts a locally brewed beer or FANTA.. Lolxxxxx..

African Traditional Religions with their various rites of passage.

Acts 17 : 30,"At the time of ignorance, God winked at and overlooked. But now he has commanded that everyone should repent ".
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by treachiz(m): 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
ilyas26:
Superstitious story, it's possible he is allergic to ogbono soup that's why he had a swollen mouth. I don't believe all those cock and bull stories
Hehehehehee, dis story is funny... Mayb he shuld try my mum's obonno soup grin
ilyas26:
Superstitious story, it's possible he is allergic to ogbono soup that's why he had a swollen mouth. I don't believe all those cock and bull stories
Hehehehehee, dis story is funny... Mayb he shuld try my mum's obonno soup
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by simplisity(m): 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2015
This is the popular Ala nwanyi Asaba d ritualist use in making money. Idol worship is d worst experience one can have, bcs it tie d destiny of d peopl, especialy d youths. Embrace Jesus and u will be librated frm d shacles of satan.
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2015
sonofananimal:
HOW is your day!

Fine oooooo

You?
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2015
adeh39:

Fine oooooo
You?
just OK, boring and tired.
nothing really much
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by neocortex: 2:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
damton:
Old babaric beliefs. The world has evolved. once you believe in the true God, you can even cook it and do party right in the shrine of the god or goddess

But you have not!

how many shrines have you cooked or did party in ?
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by neocortex: 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
shut:
These people are crazy,God forbid I forbid anything.
In this 20th century? Ignorance sure is a disease

Common, don't display your intolerance here.
There are many things you forbid and you know it.
The people are not crazy but are rather conscious of
nature, are you ?
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2015
sonofananimal:
just OK, boring and tired.

nothing really much

Eyah....sorry ehn embarassed
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by nzgal: 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
Most tribes in Nigeria have things they forbid and those who grew up in the village are particularly faithful to these superstitions. I am from Asaba, but I eat ogbono as my parents are "hard core"Christians. But my extended family, cousins, aunts and all forbid it. My old aunt will check my mums kitchen when she visits, that she does not want to eat from pot we used to cook ogbono, yet her husband is a knight in one major christian sect. Asaba is a big town, the capital of Delta state, yet ogbono is not sold openly in the market till date.

The annoying one is my cousin who lives with another uncle in the family, each time they cook ogbono, they have to cook something different for him.

My mums maid is also from kwale, delta state and they forbid eating snail. The girl is in secondary school and cannot touch it with her hands, let alone clean it. Once I visited and my mum was complaining that she refused food because the grinded pepper they used to cook stew was close to the snail my mum had 'de-shelled' in the freezer. Sounds funny, but she is that terrified.

Being a christian should override all those superstitions sha.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by daxlasaint(m): 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
[quote author=omonnakoda post=38850825][/quote] grin touché
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by baby4u2(f): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
Allergy
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by nwonufestus(m): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
those who no dae GOD.......dae neva hear abt jesus
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
adeh39:

Eyah....sorry ehn embarassed
yea.
I will just have to go over it
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by SirBlack999(m): 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
Ara nwanyi asaba.
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by ibrokola(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
[quote author=omonnakoda post=38850825][/quote]
Care to correct it?
Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by omonnakoda: 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2015
nzgal:

Being a christian should override all those superstitions sha.
Christianity is just another set of "SUPERSTITIONS"

1 Like

Re: Onishe Ahaba: Why Asaba People Forbid Ogbono Soup by damton(m): 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2015
macof:

But ur church still practices the old babaric..not to mention alien beliefs of symbolically eating flesh and blood?
Do you know the church I attend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) / 46th Coronation Anniversary Of Oba Adeyemi, The Alaafin Of Oyo (Photos) / The True Identity Of The Yoruba People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.