Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others (25369 Views)

Amaechi, Others At The Burial Of Ngige's Father / Panel Of Inquiry Forced To Indict Amaechi – Member Reveals As He Defects To APC / Fashola, Amaechi Others To Earn N485m Yearly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by dekdek: 12:02am On Oct 10, 2015
The Rivers State Government has presented a white paper demanding the immediate prosecution of the former Governor Rotimi Amaechi and all persons involved in what the government called fraudulent transactions.
This is following the report of the 30-day sitting of the Justice George Omeregi led Rivers State Judicial Commission of Inquiry, set up to investigate the sale of state assets.

Members of the State Executive Council presented the white paper to journalists in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

The Commissioner of Housing in Rivers State, Emma Okah, who spoke on behalf of the State Government, told journalists in Port Harcourt that the state’s Attorney-General has been mandated to start all legal processes against former governor, Mr Rotimi Amaechi; a former military administrator of Rivers State, Brigadier Anthony Ukpo (Rtd) and some other former political office holders to refund over 97 billion naira allegedly misappropriated in the sale of the state valued assets.

The Commissioner of Housing stated that the issues of illegality cannot be swept under the carpet.

“You will agree with me that the Omereji commission had several terms of references and we will be taking them one after the other. The first term of reference is to ascertain the sale of the Omoku 150 megawatts gas turbine; Afam 360 megawatts gas turbine; Trans-Amadi 136 megawatts gas turbine and the Eleme 75 megawatts gas turbine by the administration of former Governor Rotimi Amaechi.

“The commission finds as a fact that the sale of 70% equity from the First Independent Power Limited in Omoku gas turbine, Trans-Amadi gas turbine, Afam Phase I gas turbine and Eleme gas turbine, have been very difficult to justify. They have therefoe recommended the review of sale of the power assets and the government of Rivers State has accepted that recommendation.

“Refund of proceeds by Rotimi Amaechi, Chamberlain Peterside, and Augustine Nwokocha. In furtherance of this findings that the sale of the four gas turbines was unjustifiable and against the interest of the government and people of Rivers State.

“The commission recommends that the former governor of Rivers State, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, along with his former commissioners for Finance and Power , Dr. Chamberlain Peterside and Augustine Nwokocha, respectively, should be held to account for their roles in the sales of the power generation assets of First Independent Power Limited and the disbursement of the proceeds there from.

“Government accepts this recommendation and directs the office of the Honorable Attorney-General and commissioner for Justice, to promptly set in motion the appropriate machinery for the recovery of the proceeds of the sale of the gas turbines from the former governor, Rotimi Amaechi, and every other persons implicated in the commission’s report,” he said.

However, a leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state and former Chief Of Staff Rivers State, Glory Emeh, while reacting to the development, expressed the view that the sale of the gas turbines was the right thing to do.

There are expectations that the fallout of the report of the judicial panel of inquiry would produce more controversy.
http://www.channelstv.com/?p=167539
Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by dekdek: 12:03am On Oct 10, 2015
[b] grin

“For the records, the Government of Rivers State under Dr. Peter Odili made substantial investment in Electric Power related Projects with the aim of mitigating the malaise of inadequate power supply,” Mr. Amaechi said.

“The Projects included generation (Omoku and Trans-Amadi 1), transmission and distribution interventions. Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi on assumption of office recognized the importance of improved electric power supply in the socio-economy regeneration of the State.

“At the time Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi assumed office, of the 350 Megawatts (MW) total capacity generation assets invested by the State, only 70MW (equivalent to about 20 per cent) was available. With enthusiasm, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi ramped up the efficiency to 77 per cent availability including injecting another 360MW Green Field Generation Project at Afam, of which 180MW have been commissioned and is in commercial operation.

“To mitigate the swing in efficiency and its debilitating impact on the economy, the State Government sought private sector operators and sold 70 per cent equity stake in the power generating assets’ company to NG Power HPS. For the transaction, the State Government adopted the same model as the Federal Government in the sale Egbin Power Plant. The sale was at a price per MW higher than all the privatization MW rate done by the Federal Government.

“The proceeds from sale of the equity in the power generating assets’ company was captured as income in the 2014 Appropriation Law and deployed into funding capital projects as appropriated.”

[/b]

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/185593-how-i-delivered-good-governance-to-rivers-state-amaechi.html

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by dekdek: 12:12am On Oct 10, 2015
Dogs have taken over brick house in Port Harcourt. He is obviously a huge joke.

21 Likes

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by joshadedapo(m): 12:14am On Oct 10, 2015
Witch hunting abi wizard hunting na dem sabi. Amaechi vs. Wike anti corruption wrestling match
Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by Singingbae(m): 12:19am On Oct 10, 2015
Sets of cows in human clothing

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by darfay: 12:28am On Oct 10, 2015
D witch behind d hunt deserve some praise

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by autotrader014(m): 12:40am On Oct 10, 2015
dekdek:
Dogs have taken over brick house in Port Harcourt. He is obviously a huge joke.
Dis comment of urs goes a long way to show ur level of stupidiity... Amaechi killed Rivers state and ur here talking nonsensse..

If because Wike is probing amaechi for stealing Rivers money makes him a dog, den Buhari is the bigger dog

101 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by dekdek: 12:57am On Oct 10, 2015
autotrader014:

Dis comment of urs goes a long way to show ur level of stupidiity... Amaechi killed Rivers state and ur here talking nonsensse..

If because Wike is probing amaechi for stealing Rivers money makes him a dog, den Buhari is the bigger dog

Fool, how did the best Rivers governor in her history kill the state? U sound like another hopeless wike thug who has refused to put his brain to work. Gullible eediot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=I4XPByiEAZE

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by dekdek: 6:50am On Oct 10, 2015
cc Lalasticlala

Biko, shoot this hot piece in.
grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:36am On Oct 10, 2015
its either d op na amaechi or he is one of amaechi the thief money launderer. Cos i see no reason why somepeople will stoop so low to defend a thief who stole rivers state blind. And the funniest thing, this defender isnt from that state, so why defend someone u dont knw but just like because he is of ur occultic zombie party?
I cant defend my ex govr akpabio cos i know he thief too, i was once his vocal critic cos i knew how much he mismanaged monies accrued to the state. It is either u r a thief or u r just ignorant and confuse.
Quote me anywhere.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by dekdek: 7:41am On Oct 10, 2015
[[s]quote author=IbokUtoroh post=38839488]its either d op na amaechi or he is one of amaechi the thief money launderer. Cos i see no reason why somepeople will stoop so low to defend a thief who stole rivers state blind. And the funniest thing, this defender isnt from that state, so why defend someone u dont knw but just like because he is of ur occultic zombie party?
I cant defend my ex govr akpabio cos i know he thief too, i was once his vocal critic cos i knew how much he mismanaged monies accrued to the state. It is either u r a thief or u r just ignorant and confuse.
Quote me anywhere.[/quote][/s]

Arrant Nonsense. Signs of frustration. U are qouted Goon, do ur worse. grin
How much did he steal? grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by dekdek: 7:46am On Oct 10, 2015
This issue is just plain and straight forward.
Wike claimed he doesn't know where proceeds of the sales went to. The question is has he confirmed if the proceeds was part of income in the 2014 Appropriation Law and deployed into funding capital projects as appropriated.”
So far, Wike hasn't said yes or no?
Only the extremely gullible will fall for the thugs deceit. grin

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by SouthernBreeze(m): 7:48am On Oct 10, 2015
Ameachi should face the law

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by NIJJAking(m): 7:49am On Oct 10, 2015
REPENT NOW EVERYONE OF YOUR SINFUL EVIL WAYS
OF LIFE TO AVOID SPENDING YOUR ETERNITY IN HELL
FIRE,,,,,,JESUS CHRIST LOVE AND WARN YOU TO
REPENT AND CONVERT NOW TO CHRISTIANITY TO
AVOID HELL FIRE WHEN YOU DIE,,,,God made you to
be with Him here and in eternity,,,,you are not a mistake creature,,,be wise dont gamble with your
eternity

1 Like

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by dekdek: 7:55am On Oct 10, 2015
SouthernBreeze:
Ameachi should face the law

He is already in court. He has asked the court to compel wike present his facts ( Amaechi's alleged thievery) before the judge. So far, Wike hasnt. grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:56am On Oct 10, 2015
autotrader014:

c your mouth like amaechi killed river state. do u even reside in river state or u are just following media propagander. Amaechi is the best governor after alfred diete spiff. Otondo

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:25am On Oct 10, 2015
dekdek:
[[s]quote author=IbokUtoroh post=38839488]its either d op na amaechi or he is one of amaechi the thief money launderer. Cos i see no reason why somepeople will stoop so low to defend a thief who stole rivers state blind. And the funniest thing, this defender isnt from that state, so why defend someone u dont knw but just like because he is of ur occultic zombie party?
Quote me anywhere.[/s]

Arrant Nonsense. Signs of frustration. U are qouted Goon, do ur worse. grin
How much did he steal? grin

frustrated pig.
I wont go down ur level, cos am not paid to defend any thieve. I criticise injustices and corruption no matter who is involved.
My dear frnd u r lost, i pray u get rescued and found early before it's too late.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by dekdek: 8:28am On Oct 10, 2015
[[s]quote author=IbokUtoroh post=38840694]
frustrated pig.
I wont go down ur level, cos am not paid to defend any thieve. I criticise injustices and corruption no matter who is involved.
My dear frnd u r lost, i pray u get rescued and found early before it's too late.
[/quote][/s]

Goon, no one is getting paid to do whatever. Just demanding that once u are alleging, u must be ready to accompany it with ur facts. Should that be difficult to do?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:43am On Oct 10, 2015
dekdek:
[[s]quote author=IbokUtoroh post=38840694]
frustrated pig.
[/s]

Goon, no one is getting paid to do whatever. Just demanding that once u are alleging, u must be ready to accompany it with ur facts. Should that be difficult to do?
i dont do facts quoting from brown envelop journalist, i drop it while its hot and still of good savour.
Quoting premiumtimes, osundefender, saharareporters, nationnews? Tah garrahahere.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by dekdek: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

i dont do facts quoting from brown envelop journalist, i drop it while its hot and still of good savour.
Quoting premiumtimes, osundefender, saharareporters, nationnews? Tah garrahahere.

In otherwords, the only facts u worked with is the one ur biased brain concocted and u expect sane minds to agree with u eh? A huge joke u are. grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:14am On Oct 10, 2015
dekdek:

Fool, how did the best Rivers governor in her history kill the state? U sound like another hopeless wike thug who has refused to put his brain to work. Gullible eediot.

When the former PDP chairman, Bamanga Tukur, went round PDP-controlled states to check projects, he described Amaechi as one of the best.

18 Likes

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by dekdek: 9:16am On Oct 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

When the former PDP chairman, Bamanga Tukur, went round PDP-controlled states to check projects, he described Amaechi as one of the best.

Even the devil knows the truth.

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by tempest01(m): 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
All former governors are corrupt, but done are more corrupt than others
Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by damton(m): 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
Fingers crossed. Let's see how this battle unfolds
Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by demolinka(m): 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
Wike, PMB no be GEJ o...Be kiavul!

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by MAYOWAAK: 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
Who wants to bet?

A video of some prophet, making very vague references to some VIP Nigerian personality who will die "suddenly" is very likely to surface, amidst claims that predictions were made before hand that Alams of Bayelsa would die.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by OboloMAN: 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
Amaechi and the 10 thieves
Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by Captainswag225(m): 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
this is gud news.
Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by drtwist(m): 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
d

1 Like

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by joseph1832(m): 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
Its funny how this report emerged when Amaechi was nominated to be a minister.

However, if he is found wanting, he should face the music. No friend or favor! The sword of justice should pierce whoever is found guilty of corruption! Plain and simple!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others by shegelu: 9:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Exchange Between Ilemona Onoja And Tokunbo Wahab / Ekweremadu Rallies Support For Peter Obi / 2023 Presidential Election - Prediction And Analysis Of Possible Outcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.