Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) (5606 Views)

Photoshop Video tutorials 2018 Learn how to use Photoshop for FREE / Photography Training: Ember Promo! Reg. 4 Nov class & Get a Huge 40% Discount! / My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by Deesquare01(m): 11:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
Thavybe:
I'll prefer you drop your mail so i can send you my number.

Daniel_net2013@yahoo.com... Pls bro help me, I luv dis field xo much.
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 03, 2015
Deesquare01:

Daniel_net2013@yahoo.com... Pls bro help me, I luv dis field xo much.
Cool man, it is a very creative field, although i'll rather not drop my digits, you can mention me if you need anything. gracias.
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 03, 2015
eflintsone:
hello pls I really wanna enrol for a photography training but I do not know which and where to see a good school...any link? ? in lagos tho
I think pefti offers courses on still photography, but I think photography can be self taught if you are really interested in it. the downside of self tutoring is that it will take you longer time to understand the field. Another option is to find an average studio close to where you reside and enroll, although what you will gain from them might not be much, but as long as you know how good you will like to become, you can converse online with other pro photographers and read books that will help.
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 03, 2015
PRIME LENSES
In contrast to a zoom lens, a prime lens is a lens with a fixed focal length, so its field of view is always the same and cannot be changed. The only way you can make your subject appear larger or smaller is to move yourself closer to or farther from the subject, meaning you can only zoom in and out by moving closer or farther to/from your subject.

Given that zoom lenses can cover many focal lengths in just one lens, the question might arise as to why anyone would want a fixed focal length lens that doesn’t allow you to zoom in and out.

There are essentially four reasons that prime lenses are prized by photographers: speed, quality, cost, and size.

First on the list is speed. The maximum aperture opening on prime lenses is usually much bigger/wider (allows more light) than on zoom lenses, especially relative to cost. So, it’s easier to find a prime lens with a maximum opening of ƒ/1.8 or even ƒ/1.4 than it is to find a zoom lens with that capability. A lens with a large maximum aperture is said to be a “fast” lens.

A second benefit for prime lenses is their image quality. Despite the advances in modern zoom lenses, prime lenses often produce sharper, higher-quality images than their zoom counterparts. Many photographers love the sharpness and contrast that prime lenses provide.

Thirdly, prime lenses are usually cost-effective. Many modern prime lenses are inexpensive, especially for their quality and zoom lenses, especially the best-quality ones, are usually quite costly. A set of three fast prime lenses that cover the range of focal lengths that a zoom lens might handle can be less expensive than a single high-quality zoom lens.

So, regardless of your budget, you can experience world-class optics at a fraction of a cost of an expensive zoom. Lastly, prime lenses are almost always much smaller and much lighter than zoom lenses. Most photographer’s find that a mix of prime and zoom lenses is a good option for their needs.

Summary: Recollect that zoom lenses allows you to zoom in and out on a subject while you are standing at a single point, meaning you can increase your focal length( measured in millimeters e.g. from 35mm to 50mm) to zoom in and decrease your focal length to zoom out ( e.g. from 50mm to 18 mm). Prime lenses are quite different because they have a fixed focal length, meaning you cannot zoom in and out.
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by Tos87(m): 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
well done
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by eflintsone(m): 11:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
Thavybe:
I think pefti offers courses on still photography, but I think photography can be self taught if you are really interested in it. the downside of self tutoring is that it will take you longer time to understand the field. Another option is to find an average studio close to where you reside and enroll, although what you will gain from them might not be much, but as long as you know how good you will like to become, you can converse online with other pro photographers and read books that will help.
alryt tnks alot I appreciate
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by Deesquare01(m): 6:35am On Nov 04, 2015
Thavybe:
Cool man, it is a very creative field, although i'll rather not drop my digits, you can mention me if you need anything. gracias.

Aiit... Thx[i]
Thavybe:

Aiit... Thx[/i]
Thavybe:

Aiit... Thx
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by iviix(m): 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
Thavybe:

thavybe consider me your remote understudy wylphred@gmail.com thanks
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
iviix:

thavybe consider me your remote understudy wylphred@gmail.com thanks
thanks man, i almost forgot i created this thread.
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by iviix(m): 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
Thavybe:
thanks man, i almost forgot i created this thread.

still waiting on your email Bro
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by Chlorin: 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
Kudos man
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by preciousMI1(f): 1:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
Thavybe:

ABEG oh... send me ur pin.. I'm over interested and its more understanding here...
mykkynykky@yahoo.com
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
iviix:

still waiting on your email Bro
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
preciousMI1:

ABEG oh... send me ur pin.. I'm over interested and its more understanding here...
mykkynykky@yahoo.com
sorry, i dnt do bbm, i'm a whats app guy, if u down with it, let me know.
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by preciousMI1(f): 7:12am On Jan 13, 2016
Thavybe:
sorry, i dnt do bbm, i'm a whats app guy, if u down with it, let me know.

sure.. pls do
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 13, 2016
preciousMI1:

sure.. pls do
Aite, send a mail to the gmail i dropped, i'll email my whats app digit to you or you can just drop ur mail.
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by esosuo: 1:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
Thavybe:
PRIME LENSES
In contrast to a zoom lens, a prime lens is a lens with a fixed focal length, so its field of view is always the same and cannot be changed. The only way you can make your subject appear larger or smaller is to move yourself closer to or farther from the subject, meaning you can only zoom in and out by moving closer or farther to/from your subject.

Given that zoom lenses can cover many focal lengths in just one lens, the question might arise as to why anyone would want a fixed focal length lens that doesn’t allow you to zoom in and out.

There are essentially four reasons that prime lenses are prized by photographers: speed, quality, cost, and size.

First on the list is speed. The maximum aperture opening on prime lenses is usually much bigger/wider (allows more light) than on zoom lenses, especially relative to cost. So, it’s easier to find a prime lens with a maximum opening of ƒ/1.8 or even ƒ/1.4 than it is to find a zoom lens with that capability. A lens with a large maximum aperture is said to be a “fast” lens.

A second benefit for prime lenses is their image quality. Despite the advances in modern zoom lenses, prime lenses often produce sharper, higher-quality images than their zoom counterparts. Many photographers love the sharpness and contrast that prime lenses provide.

Thirdly, prime lenses are usually cost-effective. Many modern prime lenses are inexpensive, especially for their quality and zoom lenses, especially the best-quality ones, are usually quite costly. A set of three fast prime lenses that cover the range of focal lengths that a zoom lens might handle can be less expensive than a single high-quality zoom lens.

So, regardless of your budget, you can experience world-class optics at a fraction of a cost of an expensive zoom. Lastly, prime lenses are almost always much smaller and much lighter than zoom lenses. Most photographer’s find that a mix of prime and zoom lenses is a good option for their needs.

Summary: Recollect that zoom lenses allows you to zoom in and out on a subject while you are standing at a single point, meaning you can increase your focal length( measured in millimeters e.g. from 35mm to 50mm) to zoom in and decrease your focal length to zoom out ( e.g. from 50mm to 18 mm). Prime lenses are quite different because they have a fixed focal length, meaning you cannot zoom in and out.

wow bro u are gifted in making people understand photography in the simplest layman's way, am getting a camera to play with because of ya, more knowledge to u bro.
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
esosuo:

wow bro u are gifted in making people understand photography in the simplest layman's way, am getting a camera to play with because of ya, more knowledge to u bro.
Thanks bruv, i'm actually thinking of updating the thread.
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by esosuo: 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
Thavybe:
Thanks bruv, i'm actually thinking of updating the thread.
Pls. Do oh bro ,u got lots of hiden followers ,me following keenly
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by eluquenson(m): 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2018
Nice information here
Re: Beginners Photography Tutorials (UPDATED 3rd of Nov 2015) by jefy(m): 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
Wow,photography simplified..Nice work Bro....,jst stumbled on this thread and the urge for more updates got me typing... Am an events photographer who seeks to improve.. I'll be glad to get photography resource materials such as these, i mean your post.. My email is dahouseofoptimism@gmail.com
plz do update this thread,you never knw loads of folks you're helping. Gracias mi amigo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Quality Worth Its Price In Branding? / Lets Show Off Our Sketches / Topics You Think Should Be On The Frontpage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.