Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Why Is God Too Slow? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God Too Slow? (842 Views)

Who Is God? / There Is God And He Answers Prayer / Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is God Too Slow? by Earthkumy(m): 6:21am On Oct 10, 2015
Why is God too slow? It was a beautiful morning, I went about my business, on the process, I saw a friend coming toward me, seeing anger written all over his face, with him cursing and swearing on whoever it was that offended him. Sensing the level of hurt he was going through, I intentional switched of my smile and interference mode, with too many evil words coming out his mouth, I made sure I myself looked uninterested on his case. I waited until he calm down. I looked at him and asked him what was the problem, he told me a very sad story on how someone he works with always hurt him, and I felt for him. It took me more than 30minutes to tell him what forgiveness is all about, and reasons why he should leave the matter to God to take charge. He wasted no time in telling me God kind of vengeance is not what anyone will hope for, God vengeance takes years to come. I told him that wasn't right, God is always on time, the truth is that we don't sincerely hand our problem over to God, when we say we have handed our problem over to him to solve. Jesus said in 1 John 3:15 "Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him". The point is you're already taking vengeance by allowing hate exist in your heart, and that will lead you to hell fire according to Jesus. Exodus 14:14 "The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be
still." Can you hold your peace and let God fight for you? Proverbs 25:21-22 "If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: 22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the Lord shall reward thee". I asked him can you say to yourself that you have obeyed the word of God? He paused, then asked me "what can I do? this man had being cursing me a lot pain in this office" he said. I told him to call the person that offended him and tell him he had forgiven him. He was like what? I said yes, go to him and tell him you have forgiven him, that simple sentence will lift the pain in your heart, making it easy for you to be at peace with yourself. And leave the rest to God, He will prove to you he doesn't run late is our evil heart that delays him. He did as he was told. one week later I went to that area, I saw him, running up to me he told me the man was sacked. By the MD of the company they work for, for a reason that wasn't strong enough. He told me how he regretted the whole thing. He was so sorry, he said he never knew God can be so fast. I told him that's why I don't get mad when people hurt me. Your heart is key to your answers from God, if your heart doesn't DOUBT or THINK evil: God will always be at your case. Proverbs 4:23 says "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything
you do flows from it". May the Lord give you wisdom to Guide your heart in Jesus name. Amen!
Re: Why Is God Too Slow? by ab1x: 6:29am On Oct 10, 2015
What a nice piece. As a xtian, we must learn to live in peace and harmony with one another.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Too Slow? by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 10, 2015
If God rush to punish us NO BODY WOULD BW ALIVE!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Too Slow? by kossyablaze(m): 7:21am On Oct 10, 2015
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is God Too Slow? by Earthkumy(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
If God rush to punish us NO BODY WOULD BW ALIVE!!!
put ur heart right see God in action, you be the begging God not to punish anyone again on your account, because the type of good heart you will develop won't allow you to wish even an ant bad.
Re: Why Is God Too Slow? by An2elect2(f): 8:51am On Oct 10, 2015
He was happy the man was sacked. Not sure he forgave that man
Re: Why Is God Too Slow? by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 10, 2015
ab1x:
What a nice piece. As a xtian, we must learn to live in peace and harmony with one another.

what about as a human being?

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Too Slow? by Earthkumy(m): 9:21am On Oct 10, 2015
An2elect2:
He was happy the man was sacked. Not sure he forgave that man
he wasn't happy, read it again.
Re: Why Is God Too Slow? by An2elect2(f): 10:10am On Oct 10, 2015
Earthkumy:
he wasn't happy, read it again.
okay.
Re: Why Is God Too Slow? by Anas09: 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
God is not slow, as men count slowness. If God were to be as fast as we want him to be, as someone said "none of us will be living today" do u know how many pple wish and pray for U to die. Some even go to the extend of taking steps to kill U.

Thanks Ops for this reminder. My best part is, "when ur enemy is hungry, feed him". how many of us can do this?
You are a sinner, not even sorry abt ur life style, yet God loves u enough to still allow ur heart to pump blood, ur brian to be without a Tumour, no liver cancer, meanwhile u smoke like a chimney. No HIV meanwhile u r a LovePeddler, male/female. No mouth cancer, meanwhile u are perverting sex with ur mouth.
Yet someone just hurts you alil, U want him dead right away, and when God looks at ur own sin, and let's the person be, waiting for repentance, u flip and call God slow. Wow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is God Too Slow? by Lex11(m): 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
"Too slow" by whose standards?? GOD is perfect!

"The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works." - Psalm 145:17

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Not Sure Where To Put This: Unusual Gospel Songs / Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide Adamawa State Chapter Calling / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/03/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.