Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Is Masculinity Fading Away? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Masculinity Fading Away? (1170 Views)

NAIJA MEN - Behold The New Definition Of Modern Urban Masculinity / Who Say Naijamen No Fine - Behold The New Definition Of Modern Urban Masculinity / #oke’badan Festival: Gani Adams Laments Fading Glory Of Cultural Heritage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Masculinity Fading Away? by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 10, 2015
Is it just me or do I share this conviction with anyone else; masculinity has lost its rhythm. I’m not talking physically, rather psychologically and morally, though the physical is not completely left out. Men are no longer “men”; we seem to have lost touch of what it means to be men.
Although I didn’t exist in the days of our fathers and the ones before them, I’ve been privileged to interact with a couple of them and have heard stories of men from back in the day and I’m not sorry to say that what we have today cannot be referred to as “men”. Talking about the physical aspect, it’s bad enough that men go about these days dressed like ladies (with tight-fitting clothing and fancy hairdos), but living/acting like one is on an entirely different level. You agree on a course of action with a fellow man this moment, feeling confident that he’s got your back, only for him to do otherwise the next moment, either out of sheer cowardice or for a price.
One intrinsic quality of a man is the ability to doggedly stick to his words. Back in the day, you could take a man’s words to the bank, but not anymore. These days, a man says one thing and does another. The degeneration has gotten so bad that our womenfolk have now taken up the challenge of wooing men. I just hope the degeneration ends in the psychological and moral and does not extend to anatomical; by that, I mean that I hope we don’t wake up one morning to discover that our genitals have been taken up by the women while we are left with theirs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Masculinity Fading Away? by FruityLass: 8:23am On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Is Masculinity Fading Away? by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 10, 2015
pinshure of the masculinity fading or adonbilivit angry
Re: Is Masculinity Fading Away? by adonbilivit: 8:48am On Oct 10, 2015
so the older generation keep their promises abi? the people that have been deceiving the electorates just to win elections are of this generation abi?
Re: Is Masculinity Fading Away? by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 10, 2015
EroticAngelina:

pinshure of the masculinity fading or adonbilivit angry
This thread is not for imbeciles, pls!
Re: Is Masculinity Fading Away? by adonbilivit: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2015
Aighque:

the older generation don't insult people like u just did this girl(eroticangela).

1 Like

Re: Is Masculinity Fading Away? by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 10, 2015
adonbilivit:
the older generation don't insult people like u just did this girl(eroticangela).
Dude, u made a point in ur earlier post, but for the latter one, I don't belong to the older generation. I made mention of it in my post, if u read it thoroughly.
Re: Is Masculinity Fading Away? by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 10, 2015
Aighque:
then y are u commenting on it

1 Like

Re: Is Masculinity Fading Away? by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 10, 2015
EroticAngelina:

I'm sorry for referring to you that way. I shouldn't have done that.
Re: Is Masculinity Fading Away? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 10, 2015
EroticAngelina:

Lmfao. grin Best. Comeback. Ever.
Re: Is Masculinity Fading Away? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 10, 2015
Aighque:
I'm sorry for referring to you that way. I shouldn't have done that.
No p.
Re: Is Masculinity Fading Away? by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 10, 2015
Karmanaut:

Lmfao. grin
Best. Comeback. Ever.
If u had paid attention to her comment n my response, u would've noticed that it's not a comeback. I'm commentin on the thread coz I'm not what I said the thread is not for. So I wonder why u're laughin... I guess u're here to only read ppl's comments n not the original posts.
Re: Is Masculinity Fading Away? by adonbilivit: 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
Aighque:

Dude, u made a point in ur earlier post, but for the latter one, I don't belong to the older generation. I made mention of it in my post, if u read it thoroughly.
I thought u were encouraging us to emulate them. u should too

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Abomination! See What They Did To This Little Girl / Popular Fuji Artist Alhaji Sule Alao Malaika And His Band Beats Up Funaabite. / Is 12 Midnight Am Or PM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.