Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! (26844 Views)

Sani Abacha's 74th Posthumous Birthday (Cuts His Birthday Cake In Throwback Pic) / President Buhari's 74th Birthday Cake (Photos) / Tunde Idiagbon's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
mizmia:

Who did he betray?!
My dear, he never betray any one, He only fight for his people and unfortunately he was murdered by Late Gen. Sani Abach. Don't mind all these fooolish and hungry Igbos
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by meshack15: 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
RIP
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by OboloMAN: 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2015
fiftynaira:

Keep speaking English have FG finally cleaned up the oil mess in ogoni land?

The same country in which he fought against the igbo's was the same country that killed him

Have the ogoni's gotten what they have been clamouring for which is sovereignty?

He fought a just cause only for his selfish interest and thus he choose to betray us IGBOS

When Isaac Boro Declared the Republic of Niger Delta in 1966 , Aguiyi Ironsi was the one that jailed him.

Stop looking for Pity from Anyone. Igbos are the biggest Betrayals

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2015
courage54:
That is the true son of the Niger Delta and not all those thieving thieves like ASARI TOKUBO, GEJ, DEIZIANI and a host of other criminals that are parading themselves all around now.

We Niger Deltas are strongly behind BUHARI / OSINBAJO

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE

Yoruba coward. Who will rescue you from the grips of the awusa fulani

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2015
Olukat:

Just for the records: Nobody from South south will accept Biafra
Yes we were part of the Eastern fraud in the "zoo", but South south has come to stay.
We respect your right to break out of the "zoo"...
Chief Michael Okpara and his cohorts are the once screaming from hell.
Make research on the name mention here and link it to allocation of landed properties in Portharcourt.

See this Yoruba coward
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by ManTiger(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
Aminat508:
Ken was a true freedom fighter.

RIP embarassed
Yes he his until when he decided to dine with the devil, about his investigative journalism that ought to be made public and could have indicted IBB of drug cartel.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by martinz1: 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
courage54:
That is the true son of the Niger Delta and not all those thieving thieves like ASARI TOKUBO, GEJ, DEIZIANI and a host of other criminals that are parading themselves all around now.

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by dreamworld: 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2015
Goodboiyy:

I really Understand ur pain ndoooo .... no cry en.. doh omo me'h biko wor' vi'air er

I really don't understand u guys... hw did KSW betrayed u ?.. wen declaring Ur republic did you consult the people of ND b4 dragging them into you selfish country ?.. How many Minorities were in Support of that dream ?.. did Ogoni people support the dream ? if yes pls show me proof...

Point of Correction: Ojukwu was not fighting for any SS minority, Ojukwu was fighting for his Igbo people, same as KSW, David ejoor, Adaka boro.. Don't call our leader names because they didn't fall 4 ur trick.. if you gat nothing to say Shut the Bleep up and keep quiet.. Let Niger Deltans mour There Leader...

rubbish.. Rip KSW .. A true legend.. my mom always speak Good of this man

it seems you don't know history, you just rant online

ojukwu fought for old eastern region
there was nothing like south south as of then
go to Wikipedia and study more about Nigeria and the civil war

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by d33jy85: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
He was a betrayer & saboteur of Biafra and died like a Dog by the Zoo. Good riddance angry
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by sunky644(m): 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2015
RIP and Happy Posthumous Birthday to my Birthdaymate Ken Saro Wiwa; a true and sincere freedom fighter.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Osarieme415(m): 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2015
The first picture is the picture of his son, Ken Wiwa Jnr
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by samplegirl(f): 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2015
Aminat508:
Ken was a true freedom fighter.

RIP embarassed

No he was not. When he had opportunity to fight for freedom he was busy fighting the freedom fighters. Later he started to fight a lost battle.

GOOD MORNING Ken!
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Jyde89: 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
smoothpapuzy:

Formerly , there was nothing like south east/ south south. It was called eastern Nigeria/Biafra.
You don't know your history so its clear you have no direction where you are going.
I wish you a safe landing in your world of ignorance. Ksw wasn't lucky enough to right his wrongs, hope you will be.

Well now it's south south in case you're still living in the past, let the dead rest
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Jaypea98: 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
akereconfi:
All these IBOs spewing trash about Ken. You guys are pained Ken didn't give in to your agenda. I am an Ogoni boy, we love ken, we don't need your love. You guys should stick to your biafra thingy
Bro..You are potential lung cancer patient then ..lol
But on a serious note,
I ve always wondered on how serious the ogoni situation is ...
Is it possible that the level of environmental degradation in Ogoni is Overrated ?

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by anigold(m): 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
fiftynaira:
Used to love him but not anymore after watching a documentary of how he betrayed the igbo's during the civil war..

please how did he betrayed the igbos please educate me.. No insults please...
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Calbarian(m): 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Kalvan: 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
tupacshakur:

Talking about Fulani-asslicking, the following comes to mind...

Nnamdi Azikiwe, a ceremomial, hand-shaking figure head and Tafawa Balewa's "boy" in the first republic.

Alex Ekwueme, Shagari's vice in the second republic.

Sylvester Ugoh, Tofa's running mate in the aborted third republic.

I can bet my life that you are don't live in the south-east region, just like many of your people out there.

Most likely, na either Lagos, Abuja or Kano you go dey live.

Go to the Fulani states in the North and see a lot of your Igbo folks lickin' Fulani asses to make ends meet. Have you ever wondered what scares a lot of your people out of their enclaves

Idiot!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
I love this. grin grin grin
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by akereconfi: 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2015
Jaypea98:

Bro..You are potential lung cancer patient then ..lol
But on a serious note,
I ve always wondered on how serious the ogoni situation is ...
Is it possible that the level of environmental degradation in Ogoni is Overrated ?

Wtf dude, you think everyone living in Ogoni is a potential lung cancer patient?. Please get off what you read from the media.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Brooklynsouth(f): 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
[quote author=courage54 post=38841036]That is the true son of the Niger Delta and not all those thieving thieves like ASARI TOKUBO, GEJ, DEIZIANI and a host of other criminals that are parading themselves all around now.

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE[/quote. We!!? Edo or ondo abeg come here yoloba bitttttch niggggger
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Brooklynsouth(f): 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
[quote author=courage54 post=38841036]That is the true son of the Niger Delta and not all those thieving thieves like ASARI TOKUBO, GEJ, DEIZIANI and a host of other criminals that are parading themselves all around now.

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE[/quote. We!!? Edo or ondo swerve yoloba bitttttch niggggger
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by dreamworld: 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
courage54:

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE

we know you as a yo-robber man
by their fruits we shall now them

U supposed to say we yo-robbers are slaves to Buhari/osinbajo
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by adconline(m): 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
donbuchi1:
"I was a graduate student when the cataclysmic events of 1966 happened. Apart from my revulsion at the needless murders of the innocent, nothing upset me more than Ojukwu's dishonest formulations and his attempt to kidnap the Ogoni, among others, into his Igbo empire called "biafra." I knew that he pinned his hopes of the economic viability of "biafra" on the oil of the Ogoni and the Ijaw. I rebelled. I became Secretary of a small committee which met nights in Port Harcourt and issued a communique calling on Gowon to create a Rivers State by decree.

The same oil and wealth he never enjoyed and Ogonis may never do.
Revisionist history. War was never about oil cos it wasn't SE's main source of income.
Fast forward to 1999, all SE NASS members voted for 13% derivation.
All 19 northern govs went to court to challenge 13% derivation and onshore/offshore dichotomy-again all IGBO governors sided with SS even though 13% would mean less money to the SE governors.
This fallacy that SE wants ur oil is hogwash because they have supported u guys in ur quest to keep ur oil proceeds without asking for anything in return.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by shota(m): 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
God please make the Igbo people also be like the Ijaws for them to leave the Ijaws alone.. Amen..
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by extraterra: 7:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu warned you guys of Ogoniland, but you would not listen.
"Good morning, Ogoni", was the last greeting Ken Saro-Wiwa heard before he was executed.
Wake up, Nigeria... you do not belong together.
Ken learned late... open ya eyes.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by simplejayy(m): 8:38pm On Oct 10, 2015
Oppressor kill Abiola, Dem kill Dele Giwa, Dem kill Ken Saro Wiwa, Pussy kill Abacha. Abi you no know? # RipOgoniActivist
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Infomizer(m): 9:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
fiftynaira:
Used to love him but not anymore after watching a documentary of how he betrayed the igbo's during the civil war..

Pray, kind bro, can you send me the link to the video.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Deezia1(m): 9:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KEN SARO-WIWA.

HBD to the late writer, environmental activist, businessman,politician, and a social crusader, KEN SARO-WIWA,who died as sacrificial lamb for the freedom of the Ogoni People,Niger Delta,and the world minority at large.

Royal Dutch/Shell in collaboration with the Nigerian Government began oil exploration in Ogoni land by 1958.
From 1976-1991 there were reportedly 2,976 oil spills of over 2.1 million barrels of oil in Ogoniland.Because of the sickness,death, hunger and farmine as a result of the ecological war on Ogoni land.Ken Saro-Wiwa,the President of MOSOP pressented the Ogoni Bill Of Rights, that demanded among others,a fair shair of the proceed of oil extraction,increasing autonomy for the Ogoni People and remediation of environmental damages on the Ogoniland by foreign oil corporation.But they killed him,that his argitation was baseless.
Hence,this group aim at ensuring the implementation of the Ogoni Bill Of Rights and to recnsider that #ill_judgemnt

Comrd Deezia

Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by OfoIgbo: 11:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
sameer1212:
My dear, he never betray any one, He only fight for his people and unfortunately he was murdered by Late Gen. Sani Abach. Don't mind all these fooolish and hungry Igbos

So fighting for his people also includes stealing the properties of Igbos in Portharcourt, that is not even Ogoniland?
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by OfoIgbo: 11:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
anigold:

please how did he betrayed the igbos please educate me.. No insults please...

He was one of those that stole Igbo properties in PH
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by naijaking1: 11:53pm On Oct 10, 2015
OboloMAN:

When Isaac Boro Declared the Republic of Niger Delta in 1966 , Aguiyi Ironsi was the one that jailed him

Stop looking for Pity from Anyone. Igbos are the biggest Betrayals

Boro had no reason to declare republic of Niger delta except for the financial inducement he was getting from enemies of eastern Nigeria at that time. His republic had no accepted boundaries, and there is no way a nation would have tolerated such moves without severe punishment. Why haven't you tried declaring another republic of niger delta since after Boro was killed like a dog?
Ironsi was nice to Boro, he could have been lynched on the streets of PH at that time.
Re: Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Jaypea98: 11:21am On Oct 16, 2015
:

Wtf dude, you think everyone living in Ogoni is a potential lung cancer patient?. Please get off what you read from the media.

Okay bro what about the UNEP report

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Michael Olawale-Cole Joins APC / Kukah: Stop Intimidating Nigerians, Ortom Tells Presidency / Fresh Suit Seeks To Disqualify Atiku, Queries His Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.