Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:49 PM

Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? (33157 Views)

Why Igbos Always Travel Home During Christmas Period - Come Rain, Come Shine / Eyo Masquerades Defy Rain To Hold Their Festival / Is Rain Making In Nigeria Real, Fake Or Just A Myth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by IceDude(m): 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
musicwriter:
All I can say is I remember when I was young about 12 growing up in the village, and there was this feared traditionalist who was reputed to hold or release the rain.

There came a particular year, getting into March of that year there was no single rain. The land and forests were dried up and farmers were crying for rain. The villagers decided to meet. I think the meeting was whether it was worth it seeing the rainmaker, since some people no longer believed him, due to culture depletion. I think I was hearing something like "he wasn't as competent as his late father" or something like that. I heard he used to be believed so much in the past and due to unbelieve and lack of care by the villagers he fell out of love with them, and seized the rain for that year.

Well, long story short, after a meeting the villagers contributed foodstuffs and little money, then met the man and begged him to release the rain. Everybody was waiting for the rain. That night there was a lot of thunder and signs of rain, but no real rain. Two days later the rain fall and it was a heavy rain, it was such a heavy rain that one little boy from the negbouring village was swept by the torrents and was never seen alive again. The older men and women and extreme traditionalists went back to the man to tell him it was enough. I do not forget things, so what I'm narrating here seems it happened yesterday.

This's just one of those things science can't explain. Could our forefathers been practising advanced science?.
Science ke? Thats witchcraft........Inshort that man has a degree in Jujulogy
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by sukkot: 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
NCP:

Bro that's pure undiluted Rainfall created by man using Hydrogen and Oxygen. Luvly.

If you've a full documentary on this post links. Thanks1
yup just as i told you. rain can be artificially created. you have seen it for yourself.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
diasporaauto:
It is called recently "cloud seeding" by releasing substances like silver iodide into the air.

Guess what, our ancestors knew about this thousands of years ago. They use leaves that release this chemicals into the air.

The leaf is still a secret till today, unless you are close to a traditional rain maker.
www.africaautomall.com

you deserve a round of applause ! plus a chilled beer !
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by neocortex: 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
musicwriter:
All I can say is I remember when I was young about 12 growing up in the village, and there was this feared traditionalist who was reputed to hold or release the rain.

There came a particular year, getting into March of that year there was no single rain. The land and forests were dried up and farmers were crying for rain. The villagers decided to meet. I think the meeting was whether it was worth it seeing the rainmaker, since some people no longer believed him, due to culture depletion. I think I was hearing something like "he wasn't as competent as his late father" or something like that. I heard he used to be believed so much in the past and due to unbelieve and lack of care by the villagers he fell out of love with them, and seized the rain for that year.

Well, long story short, after a meeting the villagers contributed foodstuffs and little money, then met the man and begged him to release the rain. Everybody was waiting for the rain. That night there was a lot of thunder and signs of rain, but no real rain. Two days later the rain fall and it was a heavy rain, it was such a heavy rain that one little boy from the negbouring village was swept by the torrents and was never seen alive again. The older men and women and extreme traditionalists went back to the man to tell him it was enough. I do not forget things, so what I'm narrating here seems it happened yesterday.

This's just one of those things science can't explain. Could our forefathers been practising advanced science?.

I wanted to read how he made rain during dry season but I was disappointed.
I am not doubting your story but you shouldn't have
called it science since it can't be proved.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
Johnydon22 the myth debunker. U are summoned.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by sukkot: 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
PrimeMinisterr:

what the hell ! dude can you hear yourself out ? like how does your analysis sound to you ?
dude, this is the internet age. google is your friend. you dont have to take my word for it. google HAARP and CERN. start there. thank me later. some people are more advanced than you in thinking does not mean they are crazy. thats the problem with the black man > anything outside the sphere of his understanding is crazy talk.

2 Likes

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by tpiander: 8:06pm On Oct 10, 2015
. . . . . . .
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by johnydon22(m): 8:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
krattoss:
Johnydon22 the myth debunker.
U are summoned.
Common bro there is nothing to debunk here..

Cloud seeding is a common knowledge...

Every rain making process involves burning of some leaves and the smoke of these leaves has the same effect on a rain cloud as a silver iodine.

Wonder why nobody makes rain in the harmattan? Because there is no rain cloud ..

Rain making is just a typical local form of cloud seeding. . .

Told you that what people tern magic are just things they just don't understand how it is done...

4 Likes

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
sukkot:
dude, this is the internet age. google is your friend. you dont have to take my word for it. google HAARP and CERN. start there. thank me later. some people are more advanced than you in thinking does not mean they are crazy. thats the problem with the black man > anything outside the sphere of his understanding is crazy talk.

oh shut up ! never doubted the possibilities based on what you're trying to prove, it's a modernized world and science inventions. maybe you don't really gerrit.. the question centers on 'traditionalist' your assertion was outside the topic of discussion.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by blacq2009(m): 8:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
Getting Majek Fashek to sing Send Down The Rain
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by oz4real83(m): 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
Ask Majek Fashek. He is the "Rain maker"!!!
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by oz4real83(m): 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
Ask Majek Fashek. He is the "Rain maker"!!! U can also ask "Rain" in Mortal Kombat". He makes lots of rain!!!
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by gnykelly(m): 8:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
Opioko:
I've heard so much about the artificial method deployed in providing rain, better known as artificial rain making, usually done traditionally and curiosity got a better part of me to open this thread to grab what I can on how it it is done, please, guys I really wanna know how it is done .... those that are knowledgeable on this area should come fill me in...

please, mods, you can help by pushing this to the headquarters....

very easy. once it is cloudy in your area just fire missile into the cloud once it explode it will start raining. this Idea may look funny but it is a fact.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
jmichlins:
until they make rain in the dry season, then I will not take them serious. they key indregients involved in rain making is faith. once you give the alleged rain maker the required thing, you have absolute faith that there will be no rain and just like you believed, you will see none and if you do otherwise, you will expect to see massive rain and it will surely come
Hmmm, you really think so? It could be a point though but never the definite truth. This got me thinking about the heavy wind they usually invoke when they are at work. They sometimes fail too, but rarely occur when they have a stronger rival reversing their work in a corner too. Things dey o.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by mheey(f): 8:15pm On Oct 10, 2015
Opioko:
I've heard so much about the artificial method deployed in providing rain, better known as artificial rain making, usually done traditionally and curiosity got a better part of me to open this thread to grab what I can on how it it is done, please, guys I really wanna know how it is done .... those that are knowledgeable on this area should come fill me in...

please, mods, you can help by pushing this to the headquarters....

Ask a graduate of chemistry #there are some chemicals you release to the environment that cause rainfall
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by wordfare77(m): 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
My dad told me that Their family had the power to call or invoke the rain.
One day while it was raining he told me of his rain making experience.
He said his elder brother had a bike that he never allowed any to drive, so when the elder went out he brought the motor bike( then called CD 195) and when he got back the print the tyres of the bike made on the ground was the problem. He swept but it was still looking suspicious. So he resulted to making it rain so much that it washed the compound white.
How he did it.
1. He said their was a special leaf that was used
2. A native pot with an enchanted water inside
3. There was this broom he said they used special...I think it had some special power on it too.
Process of making the rain.
He said they place the pot with the leaf and water in fire for few minutes.
Then when it get hot u bring it out under the open cloud and put the broom inside the pot as though you are sprinkling it upwards.
Then he said they were certain incantations they make which include telling the gods that he is the son of so so and so and let him honour him by sending the rain.
That day he did it and it rained only with the compound.
This happened in Ogoni...kaani community in khana local government.
But he became born again and left those things

4 Likes

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by NCP: 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
sukkot:

Who Created HAARP?

Dr. Bernard Eastlund is the scientist whose name is most associated with the creation and development of the HAARP project. His revealing website provides reliable information on his involvement with the project. A 1987 patent issued to Dr. Eastlund is titled "Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth's atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere." In this patent, which sets the stage for HAARP, Dr. Eastlund makes a number of fascinating statements which clearly contradict the claim that it is only being used for research and not for military purposes or such purposes as weather control. Here are a few of key statements taken verbatim from the patent:

[The] temperature of the ionosphere has been raised by hundreds of degrees in these experiments.
A means and method is provided to cause interference with or even total disruption of communications over a very large portion of the earth. This invention could be employed to disrupt not only land based communications, both civilian and military, but also airborne communications and sea communications. This would have significant military implications.
It is possible ... to take advantage of one or more such beams to carry out a communications network even though the rest of the world's communications are disrupted.
[It] can be used to an advantage for positive communication and eavesdropping purposes.
Exceedingly large amounts of power can be very efficiently produced and transmitted.
This invention has a phenomenal variety of ... potential future developments. Large regions of the atmosphere could be lifted to an unexpectedly high altitude so that missiles encounter unexpected and unplanned drag forces with resultant destruction or deflection. Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns or altering solar absorption patterns by constructing one or more plumes of atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device. Ozone, nitrogen, etc. concentrations in the atmosphere could be artificially increased.
Electromagnetic pulse defenses are also possible. The earth's magnetic field could be decreased or disrupted at appropriate altitudes to modify or eliminate the magnetic field.
For those with any background in science, you might find it quite revealing to explore this patent in more detail. And remember that since the time of this patent, in which Alaska is mentioned several times as the ideal location, the government fully acknowledges that it has built a massive array of antennas in Alaska with the capability of disturbing the ionosphere exactly as described in Eastlund's patent.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by herald9: 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
Our forefathers have been harnessing nature since before the advent of Western science.

Now Christianity have suppressed that knowledge into oblivion, terming it evil.

But then, you might wonder what's really different between miracles and magic. As both starts with M and depends on the supernatural.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by aaidel(m): 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
sukkot:
i am saying rain, earth-quakes, tsunamis are all artificially created by the cabal who control this world. God has 'angels' on earth ( in human form who look human like you and me ) who control weather. it sounds crazy but its true. they have machines with which they alter the magnetosphere ( electromagnetic protection of the earth ) such as proton colliders like CERN which in turn allows extreme weather conditions from the outer solar system to get into our planet and cause weather havoc.

this one don go far smh

1 Like

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
Opioko:

lol, that's what I'm talking about, heard of such stories too in my village, where certain persons wield the sway to how rain could be stopped and made... that's why I'm curious on the issue

please, those who possess knowledge on this issue should come and share...
let me guess! You and the person you quoted are from Kwale. I know Ukwuani people of Delta state, Ishan people of Edo state and Gbagyi people of FCT to indulge in traditional rainmaking. How they do it, I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by tpiander: 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
if its a matter of pointing broom upwards then nigeria should have been raining non stop since.
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by sukkot: 8:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
aaidel:

this one don go far smh
very far grin
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by sukkot: 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2015
NCP:

Who Created HAARP?

Dr. Bernard Eastlund is the scientist whose name is most associated with the creation and development of the HAARP project. His revealing website provides reliable information on his involvement with the project. A 1987 patent issued to Dr. Eastlund is titled "Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth's atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere." In this patent, which sets the stage for HAARP, Dr. Eastlund makes a number of fascinating statements which clearly contradict the claim that it is only being used for research and not for military purposes or such purposes as weather control. Here are a few of key statements taken verbatim from the patent:

[The] temperature of the ionosphere has been raised by hundreds of degrees in these experiments.
A means and method is provided to cause interference with or even total disruption of communications over a very large portion of the earth. This invention could be employed to disrupt not only land based communications, both civilian and military, but also airborne communications and sea communications. This would have significant military implications.
It is possible ... to take advantage of one or more such beams to carry out a communications network even though the rest of the world's communications are disrupted.
[It] can be used to an advantage for positive communication and eavesdropping purposes.
Exceedingly large amounts of power can be very efficiently produced and transmitted.
This invention has a phenomenal variety of ... potential future developments. Large regions of the atmosphere could be lifted to an unexpectedly high altitude so that missiles encounter unexpected and unplanned drag forces with resultant destruction or deflection. Weather modification is possible by, for example, altering upper atmosphere wind patterns or altering solar absorption patterns by constructing one or more plumes of atmospheric particles which will act as a lens or focusing device. Ozone, nitrogen, etc. concentrations in the atmosphere could be artificially increased.
Electromagnetic pulse defenses are also possible. The earth's magnetic field could be decreased or disrupted at appropriate altitudes to modify or eliminate the magnetic field.
For those with any background in science, you might find it quite revealing to explore this patent in more detail. And remember that since the time of this patent, in which Alaska is mentioned several times as the ideal location, the government fully acknowledges that it has built a massive array of antennas in Alaska with the capability of disturbing the ionosphere exactly as described in Eastlund's patent.
. look at the bolded. weather modification with HAARP from the horses mouth , to the doubting thomases wink
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by sukkot: 8:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
PrimeMinisterr:

oh shut up ! never doubted the possibilities based on what you're trying to prove, it's a modernized world and science inventions. maybe you don't really gerrit.. the question centers on 'traditionalist' your assertion was outside the topic of discussion.
i am going by the topic. the topic says HOW IS ARTIFICIAL RAIN MAKING DONE. i am just going by the topic of the thread. if the OP wants specifics on babalawo making rain then i cant help him with that. but i can tell him that weather can be artificially altered and created with machines

1 Like

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by aaidel(m): 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
NCP:

Who Created HAARP?

so in your mind the US has the power to make rain yet California experience drought, forest fires all over the place ok o. and what about the mind control why aren't all the terrorists now atheists abi dem forget that power i think you don't understand what potential means but then again you probably have proof right?

3 Likes

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 10, 2015
it is a myth!
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by neocortex: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
sukkot:
its actually done by the illuminati with several machines. i will post a video but i know nigerians complain about megabyte eating. they use machines like CERN and HAARP. like most of the weather calamities you see are artificially created. the tsunami in new orleans was artificially created as well as the haiti earth-quake
He dude , you don't have to bring in pseudoscience to
make your point.
How the he'll does a non-existent illuminati determines
weather ?

No one is disproving the capability of HAARP and its like since they are science but you embellishing your story
with illuminati bullshit is disturbing.
Note that "anybody " can make a video "documentary" but that doesn't make it a fact.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by llaykorn: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
sukkot:
its actually done by the illuminati with several machines. i will post a video but i know nigerians complain about megabyte eating. they use machines like CERN and HAARP. like most of the weather calamities you see are artificially created. the tsunami in new orleans was artificially created as well as the haiti earth-quake

You've been reading too many conspiracy theory novels. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by x6blade(m): 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
Well guess what scientist can also make rain fall by heating up the air and because warm air rises it causes the cloud to condense thereby making rain. That's why there's always rain after a massive forest fire. And they even went further by making artificial clouds aka indoor clouds. Can the juju men beat that?
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2015
Let me consult the oracle
Re: Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? by sukkot: 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2015
neocortex:

He dude , you don't have to bring in pseudoscience to
make your point.
How the he'll does a non-existent illuminati determines
weather ?

No one is disproving the capability of HAARP and its like since they are science but you embellishing your story
with illuminati bullshit is disturbing.
Note that "anybody " can make a video "documentary" but that doesn't make it a fact.
Who do you think controls this planet ? you better get aware cuz you are in darkness. everything is controlled by the illuminated ones. the 13 family. one of the families the rothschilds own half of the money on this planet. they are worth 500 trillion dollars. thats who control everything. they even own the central bank in nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage Rites Ceremony Of Umudioka Town, Dunukofia Lga Of Anambra S / Statue Erected In Honor Of The Founder Of Okrika Town (pictures) / 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.