Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (849978 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by kiboe: 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
@firsttymmum @jayjay4lyf @nogen pls can you help me with the contact of the agent that did ETC for you?i know there was a lady's number up, but I can't seem to find.it is super urgent pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by boldbabe: 5:13pm On Feb 12, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ok. I have a name
Enedanamanyamakanaechidime cheesy
Somebdy please kindly translate

It means "do not look down on me because 2moro is pregnant". Hope i tried?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
Naira hits 335 at d parallel market U don't need trump and his wall again if this is the case...

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ashedzi: 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
missexiest:
PLS HELP,My nephews interview is for next week friday and he cant find his visa fee receipt but he has already booked his appointment..will there be a problem if he doesnt go with the gtb visa fee receipt and is there anything he can do about it?Kindly help pls

Go GTB portal, he can reprint the payment receipt. I had a similar experience, that was how I was able to sort it out. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2016
neks31:
Naira hits 335 at d parallel market U don't need trump and his wall again if this is the case...

Kai
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 6:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
Don't look down on me because no one knows tomorrow. Better give me dollars for answering it correctly. All I dream now is dollar.....

LadyGuinivere:

Ok. I have a name
Enedanamanyamakanaechidime cheesy
Somebdy please kindly translate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
I went oooo. Nothing mch. Reason is cos today's bidding wasn't successful. Will give them a call on monday. Thanks

[quote author=Mamatukwas post=42857074][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 6:54pm On Feb 12, 2016
I don die well. Can it possibly change on monday? Chai!!!. Thanks 4 keeping us posted. Bless u. Keep updating us.

Onlineise:
So the $100k allocation was not approved by the Gov....sorry to be the bearer of bad news...implication is that the scarcity might be tough next week...till next Friday (except a special intervention is approved b4 then)...however the likes of Stanbic that sells from other sources apart from CBN will still sell so be aware.

Sorry Mamas!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dear Emeriem .. As a mom who is currently in Houston with a daughter I will plead with u to leave her behind, pls pls just find someone or beg hubby to stay with her. Coming here with a toddler for this Waka is not easy at all.. If u see what most of us are going tru here u won't want to bring ur daughter with u.. I knw like 2 women who r looking for where to drop off d kids to just give birth n someone who is considering leaving d baby alone... Even if u find someone to take care aside maybe God blesses u with someone who came with her mom as a neighbor u will also pay n that money isn't in ur budget!!
Have u also considered u will spend more on food, snacks, buying crazy teddy bears n unnecessary things wen u take them with u for groceries hmmm!! Pls I beg u as a mother not to bring her with u. Daycare here too is not smiling too, I'm paying 125 every Monday cos my daughter is bored n need to interact with her peers too.

S/N; hello daddies n husbands pls stop sending us with our kids alone jor.. I heard d cbp asked someone why is it that naija women travel alone with d kids n d husbands alone?
Sorry 4 d long post JW.. Just trying to help a sista.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by KDK(m): 7:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
neks31:
Dear Emeriem .. As a mom who is currently in Houston with a daughter I will plead with u to leave her behind, pls pls just find someone or beg hubby to stay with her. Coming here with a toddler for this Waka is not easy at all.. If u see what most of us are going tru here u won't want to bring ur daughter with u.. I knw like 2 women who r looking for where to drop off d kids to just give birth n someone who is considering leaving d baby alone... Even if u find someone to take care aside maybe God blesses u with someone who came with her mom as a neighbor u will also pay n that money isn't in ur budget!!
Have u also considered u will spend more on food, snacks, buying crazy teddy bears n unnecessary things wen u take them with u for groceries hmmm!! Pls I beg u as a mother not to bring her with u. Daycare here too is not smiling too, I'm paying 125 every Monday cos my daughter is bored n need to interact with her peers too.

S/N; hello daddies n husbands pls stop sending us with our kids alone jor.. I heard d cbp asked someone why is it that naija women travel alone with d kids n d husbands alone?

You gave the right advise. She needs to think this through otherwise she might be stranded. I pray God sees her through. I really feel for her.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 7:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
[quote author=modath post=42827472]

How waka? Hope stress ain't much?

On that moniker thing, firsttymum & chicagobound dey same boat.. cheesy

Lol. The thing tire me oh modath, worse off is I don't even know how to go about it. And if I open a fresh one na to start all over explaining my not being an agent. Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 7:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
[quote author=chicagobound post=42868304][/quote]

Lol pls I need to change mine too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Beryl15: 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ribkahh:

Thanks, will do so.. Do they alao need to be paid in advance?
Anyone have gabe birth in philly area?
What kind of medical record you need to bring to US? What kind of medical test you need there to take or i can do it before going there?
No, payment can be made when you get to the US but before your EDD.
You can go with your normal routine tests/ scan and do the rest in the US.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
neks31:

You're right dear but somehow I understand her, our attachment to our kids no be here.

Would it perhaps help if she can find another mum on this forum or elsewhere who's also travelling with a toddler? That way they can both alternate babysitting, tasking as it may be.

Just that when shes in labour/ in hospital/ and when the new baby arrives dealing with feeding, sleeplessness, getting documentation and even hospital appointments won't be easy. Car seat sef! Chai.

Emeriem God is your strength. You'll need to be as friendly as it gets so you can get people who'll do you little favours oh.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by praisestep: 8:23pm On Feb 12, 2016
http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Return-of-Utilization-of-fund-Press-2016.jpg

God bless StanbicIBTC management for helping people out at this crucial hour. Hoping to get mine too and then dump my yeye GTB joint/corporate/personal accounts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fomskhalifa: 8:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
HD16:

I used Form A to pay for part of my fees in El Paso. Used Stanbic IBTC. Process was very fast. Deduction from my naira funded account was made the same day I requested. Hospital confirmed payment the next day. Rate used was 199.5. The only caveat at Stanbic is to make the request, fill the form, provide documentation and all before 3pm. Anything after 3pm means the transaction will be delayed till the next day.

Please what hospital did you pay to and how did you get what to present to the bank to be able to pay via Form A please I'm traveling less than 2weeks and doctores ppl said I can only pay my obstetrics fees and not hospital, it will save me a lot of I can make most of my payments from here... Please help a sister
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by fomskhalifa: 8:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
missexiest:
PLS HELP,My nephews interview is for next week friday and he cant find his visa fee receipt but he has already booked his appointment..will there be a problem if he doesnt go with the gtb visa fee receipt and is there anything he can do about it?Kindly help pls

I also lost mine, I went in without it and till now many months after I haven't been asked for it and oh I got my visa too... Maybe I was lucky but until he goes he'll never know. So let him go and take it from there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
neks31:
Dear Emeriem .. As a mom who is currently in Houston with a daughter I will plead with u to leave her behind, pls pls just find someone or beg hubby to stay with her. Coming here with a toddler for this Waka is not easy at all.. .

Remember when I was asking if you were coming with your daughter?

It's not easy to be away from your kid, my heart broke every day I was apart from my first child like I used to break down and cry!!!! After every skype, but when she came with my mom later on, I was so thankful I dint bring her initially and also doubly thankful that my mom was around

And when the baby came...hmm... Mummy carry me and strange tantrums. It's not easy o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Ijelenne: 9:42pm On Feb 12, 2016
Plz just incase I am not seeing properly...does anyone foresee this dollar going down anytime soon? As in na only up up I am asking Becuz I am a Sept mum and DH is murmuring in Latin already.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 12, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:
Please has anyone had a repeat c.s and are you at liberty to pick the dates? Just wondering if the doctor's are willing to wait till about 39 weeks (just to have an idea on what dates to book a ticket for one's hubby).

Secondly please those who have used the form A in this trying times cry what bank did you use?
Had a repeat CS and choosed my date around 39 weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2016
jumman:

Had a repeat CS and choosed my date around 39 weeks.

Thanks dear, I appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 10:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
[quote author=chicagobound post=42868304][/quote]

U can change your name to

Iwasoncechicagoboundbutreroutedtohouston

*tongue out*

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 10:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
favoredgal:

Remember when I was asking if you were coming with your daughter?

It's not easy to be away from your kid, my heart broke every day I was apart from my first child like I used to break down and cry!!!! After every skype, but when she came with my mom later on, I was so thankful I dint bring her initially and also doubly thankful that my mom was around

And when the baby came...hmm... Mummy carry me and strange tantrums. It's not easy o!

My dear why didn't u warn me na?? Although u really have to experience it to knw better sha.. I'm so attached to her dat I felt I couldn't do without her but from my experience now ehh I won't try it.. As I type she is doing time out in d closet loll.. I've seen nwi with her but thank God is almost over IJN!!! Thank God u didn't bring her at first o.. Anyways everyday we learn.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 10:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

You're right dear but somehow I understand her, our attachment to our kids no be here.

Would it perhaps help if she can find another mum on this forum or elsewhere who's also travelling with a toddler? That way they can both alternate babysitting, tasking as it may be.

Just that when shes in labour/ in hospital/ and when the new baby arrives dealing with feeding, sleeplessness, getting documentation and even hospital appointments won't be easy. Car seat sef! Chai.

Emeriem God is your strength. You'll need to be as friendly as it gets so you can get people who'll do you little favours oh.

God is her strength but as I tell u it is not easy.. Imagine being preg n u prolly left ur own pikin at home n som one will start bothering u with a screaming and crying child ha!! What of jumping up n down n disturbbing d neighbors if u stay upstairs..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 10:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
No dear. The naira may be officially devalued eventually. the implication is that even PTA will be more expensive....

Find someone that is trustworthy in the US and start sending him or her the maximum allowable limit in dollars. they can keep for you or pay into your US account if you have one. I hear its about 210 per dollar. You will have to queue though...this one too is tough but my Yoruba people will say 'ati okere ni oloju jinjin ti mu ekun sun'.

You'd better be smart about it or hubby will take you to the hospital where he was born...i hope e no be villa sha...lol

Ijelenne:
Plz just incase I am not seeing properly...does anyone foresee this dollar going down anytime soon? As in na only up up I am asking Becuz I am a Sept mum and DH is murmuring in Latin already.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 10:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
neks31:

My dear why didn't u warn me na?? Although u really have to experience it to knw better sha.. I'm so attached to her dat I felt I couldn't do without her but from my experience now ehh I won't try it.. As I type she is doing time out in d closet loll.. I've seen nwi with her but thank God is almost over IJN!!! Thank God u didn't bring her at first o.. Anyways everyday we learn.

Lol @time out in the closet.

The lord is your strength. Safe delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
neks31:

Lol pls I need to change mine too
Wetin do your own name naa?

I think I saw a thread sometime ago where pple were changing their moniker thru the help of moderators or so (don't know if it's in my dreams lol).
Justwise, pls trow more light on this and help @ chicagobound and firsttymum. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.