Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (850815 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
Some questions are gender based. For example men get asked where they have been in the past 5yrs while women don't.

nupital:
Thank you very much for the responses. @omodadi , @evemama, @ladyguinivere and @kemmytino.

I was reading through transcipts and i saw references to "travel history in the past 5 years" and other sections in the DS - 160 form . The question comes under "Work/Education/Training". While we were filling the form, we saw the section of Work/Education/Training and it only had a sub-section titled "Present". The two other subsections "Previous" and "Additional" did not show. I opened another DS 160 to confirm that i was not making a mistake and it still did not show the remaining sections.

Today out of curiosity , i started filling another form and i saw the two sections i did not see while filling mine.

I have submitted the form since Friday and booked an appointment. Please how can i rectify this problem? Do i fill another DS 160 form? Do i inform the embassy? What is the best thing to do?

Thanks in advance!

Nupital

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
In the last one month I have filled at least five forms, only one of them was male and it was the only one that was different. It is definitely gender-specific.

ChicMalkia:
@ladyguinivere and @omodadi i stand to be corrected though but I don't think the DS 160/form is gender specific. I believe the questions that pop up depends on the sponsor of the trip. I have helped an aunt who was sponsoring herself fill her DS 160/form and she was asked exact questions as my dad whose DS 160 I fill as well...meanwhile my mum who is been sponsored by dad is asked same typical questions as @nupital

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
happytbaby:

In the last one month I have filled at least five forms, only one of them was male and it was the only one that was different. It is definitely gender-specific.

Ahhh nne! U get travel agency? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Maggie0133: 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello past elpaso mums, I was assigned to Dr Carlos loubriel. Kindly share your experience if you are treated by same doctor. I'd really appreciate your responses.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I wonder o!!! Lolz

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ChicMalkia: 9:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hmmm...@omobendel & @happytbaby still wonder why my aunt's was same as my dad though...i guess i will start taking a closer look to be sure...

happytbaby:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yup. My bad. The joke's on me. I'm not a football person. Just know there was a time tunisia did what what in football. But its all good. Y'all got a good laugh and that makes me happy cool

Lol I think it was Tunisia 94. Africa cup of Nations.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ChicMalkia: 9:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
Was just about to ask that...lolzzzz

LadyGuinivere:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chuchuo: 9:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
Uayex:
Hello dear Mums and Mums to be, as a new member on this forum can somebody HELP! please. i need information from you all about birthing in Boston, the POE, Costs, etc. i have checked several comments from previous threads but can't seem to find any information for Boston.

Big thanks to you all.

Majority of us here are Houston/Dallas/Atlanta bound. I think you should goggle for doctors and hospitals in Boston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shinnie(f): 10:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
omodadi:
Hello house, pls we need update on Stanbic PTA abeg, so we know if it's worth going to try. I mean the availability of funds, anyone dt gets there this week shd update up pls

I got PTA at stanbic yesterday. They had funds yesterday and were giving to only those traveling yday or today and i am to travel weekend. I waited ooo trusting God that i would get. They were giving $2k.
I was later told to go and collect as they had attended to all. Signed $2k dollars for me @ 1st but i went to beg their oga (Mr. Femi) and he obliged me and signed d remaining $2k dollars for me. So i got $4k.

Exchange rate was $212.17
God of favor at work.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
shinnie:

I got PTA at stanbic yesterday. They had funds yesterday and were giving to only those traveling yday or today and i am to travel weekend. I waited ooo trusting God that i would get. They were giving $2k.
I was later told to go and collect as they had attended to all. Signed $2k dollars for me @ 1st but i went to beg their oga (Mr. Femi) and he obliged me and signed d remaining $2k dollars for me. So i got $4k.

Thanks so much for the information abd congrats to you o. PTA hustle is real, u will be there on Monday hopefully. Apreciate ur response, God bless you!

Exchange rate was $212.17
God of favor at work.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by prolify: 11:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
Petdaughter:
My Baby boy arrived early this morning. My heart is full of joy and thanksgiving to God!

Congrats on your new arrival!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 01, 2016
[quote author=omodadi post=44296255][/quote]

Wow this isn't good news o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by prolify: 12:15am On Apr 01, 2016
ify4charm:

After my husband read prolify's story on the anesthesiologist. He has been begging me to use epidural. meself wen dey form Hebrew woman. Northside mama's please information and cost of an anesthesiologist in case I change my mind. This labour sef is sounding a bit scary. God see me through.

It shouldn't scare you dear,most people experience labor differently,it all depends on your threshold,the upside is you have an option,Sadly I wasn't given a medal for trying to prove myself sad.Would I take an Epi for subsequent births?MOST DEFINITELY(as soon as I walk into the hosp)chill and read a newyork best seller while I await baby's arrival grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 1:36am On Apr 01, 2016
prolify:

It shouldn't scare you dear,most people experience labor differently,it all depends on your threshold,the upside is you have an option,Sadly I wasn't given a medal for trying to prove myself sad.Would I take an Epi for subsequent births?MOST DEFINITELY(as soon as I walk into the hosp)chill and read a newyork best seller while I await baby's arrival grin
Babe you cracked me up grin grin grin @medal and NY best seller.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 1:47am On Apr 01, 2016
@miracletwinee my darling thanks for the welcome o,as per the vigilante shocked,even with my mum and hubby here we all be jugglers(circus tins),one person be feeding,one be changing pampers,one be singing grin
@LadyGuinivere my one and only cheesy you are number 1 on the list once we land naija grin

@Everyone that liked, congratulated and prayed for me and mine.the sound and noise of good news and blessings shall locate your homes in Jesus name.
E hugs and kisses. cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by damidamsel: 3:09am On Apr 01, 2016
Petdaughter:

Go to a Walmart store and request for a money order. They'll ask you for the amount, take $349 (the remaining $1 is to cover the charge). You would then swipe ur card on their POS machine after which you would be issued the money order. It is sort of a blank cheque. You can then pay it into any American account (either yours' or someone you know). It would clear the next day and then you have $350 cash as against just $150 on the atm

Many thanks for the baby greetings!

@Petdaughter....thanx 4 d info above, info is key. Read this and tried it out, however i keep having this issue of their POS reading my card as a credit card instead of a debit card thus not been accepted. Tried it at 2 diff Walmart POS terminals and gives d same prob but it works as a debit card at the ATM. Called Stanbic twice and was told everything seems fine at their end. Figured i cld withdraw 150 from atm n do 350 money order giving me 500 per day all in one day if only it worked. Did u encounter this challenge by any chance?

Has anyone experienced this too? Kindly advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Chrisdew: 3:50am On Apr 01, 2016
Try using ur atm at HEB .... Walmart is a no go area for most 9ja ATM

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by taline: 4:35am On Apr 01, 2016
hi thank you for answering so quickly, i am going to say the truth so i will just say im here for childbirth,? by the way i work and live in dubai, what if he asks me why in usa why not in dubai? another thing is this letter of intent really necessary? i used my visa for vacation last year. have you guys heard of any exemple of pregnant women who have been denied entry and been sent back on the same flight? woul that be possible medically? specially if she is at her 34th week? many thanks to you for guiding me im so terrified
LadyGuinivere:

Hello dear and welcome to our thread. We know where Tunisia is. grin the world cup was held there once I believe. I believe u have been reading this thread so u know what we always preach here. 100% honesty.
In case that dosent sway u, lemme highlight a few points.
1. It is not illegal to birth in the US. No matter what the political issues are. What they want to know is that u are capable of paying and won't be a burden.
2. If u lie at a point of entry, that is misrepresentation. U know that right? Good. That means even if u gain entry, ur visa can be cancelled at anytime. Secondly, a suspecting cbp officer may decide to stamp u in for just 15 days. Again, u realise if u birth in the US and your child is automatically a citizen and u commit a crime, that child can be taken away from u? All these can be avoided.
4. U also realise u really can't 'hide a bump'? A simple xray can show that u are pregnant

*Just write a letter of intent
*say say the truth
* be prepared with doctor's correspondence and have proof that u can pay all your bills.
We look forward to hearing from u WHEN u have entered into the us legally
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:50am On Apr 01, 2016
taline:
hi thank you for answering so quickly, i am going to say the truth so i will just say im here for childbirth,? by the way i work and live in dubai, what if he asks me why in usa why not in dubai? another thing is this letter of intent really necessary? i used my visa for vacation last year. have you guys heard of any exemple of pregnant women who have been denied entry and been sent back on the same flight? woul that be possible medically? specially if she is at her 34th week? many thanks to you for guiding me im so terrified
Honey read this thread please. All the questions u are what we post. About every other day. Its called ' POE experience' . Bettr healthk is the standard answer. The letter is not a must but people send it to kinda prewarn/ have a better poe experience cos it shows u were upfront nd not lying.
Yes pregnant women can be/ have been sent back.
Just read the thread please. U only get sent back when u lie

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 5:09am On Apr 01, 2016
damidamsel:

@Petdaughter....thanx 4 d info above, info is key. Read this and tried it out, however i keep having this issue of their POS reading my card as a credit card instead of a debit card thus not been accepted. Tried it at 2 diff Walmart POS terminals and gives d same prob but it works as a debit card at the ATM. Called Stanbic twice and was told everything seems fine at their end. Figured i cld withdraw 150 from atm n do 350 money order giving me 500 per day all in one day if only it worked. Did u encounter this challenge by any chance?

Has anyone experienced this too? Kindly advise

Try Albertons it worked for me

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shinnie(f): 5:20am On Apr 01, 2016
Bisoye82:
@miracletwinee my darling thanks for the welcome o,as per the vigilante shocked,even with my mum and hubby here we all be jugglers(circus tins),one person be feeding,one be changing pampers,one be singing grin
@LadyGuinivere my one and only cheesy you are number 1 on the list once we land naija grin

@Everyone that liked, congratulated and prayed for me and mine.the sound and noise of good news and blessings shall locate your homes in Jesus name.
E hugs and kisses. cheesy

Congrats dear....welcome babies and God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cinakin: 5:27am On Apr 01, 2016
Yaaay! Part 4 loading. So glad to be a part of this journey. Happy new month mamas and papas. E-hugs grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 6:08am On Apr 01, 2016
ify4charm:

After my husband read prolify's story on the anesthesiologist. He has been begging me to use epidural. meself wen dey form Hebrew woman. Northside mama's please information and cost of an anesthesiologist in case I change my mind. This labour sef is sounding a bit scary. God see me through.

Epidural is BAE! grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:08am On Apr 01, 2016
cinakin:
Yaaay! Part 4 loading. So glad to be a part of this journey. Happy new month mamas and papas. E-hugs grin
Chai! From newbie to thread watchers :Dew month O!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 6:11am On Apr 01, 2016
taline:

Please, DO NOT get to POE and use the "better health care" line. Dubai has Fantastic health care infrastructures and everyone knows that fact. Look for something else to say. Wishing you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:15am On Apr 01, 2016
mrsbw:

Epidural is BAE! grin
My friend did your mother and her mother Use epidural? cheesy
Why can't u go gangsta mehn?! grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 7:21am On Apr 01, 2016
Yay! Page 400!!!

*on standby to be the FTC on the new thread*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:31am On Apr 01, 2016
nefertitiram:
Yay! Page 400!!!

*on standby to be the FTC on the new thread*

Biko them de dash money? Make I quick overthrow u cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:50am On Apr 01, 2016
Part 4 is here https://www.nairaland.com/3022823/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures

Sorry we have to end this part here as its getting too long.

Thank you.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.