Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523128 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
justwise:

Ok i get it now...

Mentioning the test is the least of your concerns here, the most important things here are to present a convincing tie to Nigeria and prove that you are capable of sponsoring the trip.

1. You need to present your savings/personal account and company's account.

2. Tax certificate for the company and registration papers

3. Marriage certificate and family pictures(including your kids since you have one from her previous marriage)

4. Breakdown of your expenses for the trip and what both of you will be doing while in the UK

-Your Wife -

1. Her British passport

2. Employment letter and leave letter

3. Salary account and payslips(6months at least)

4. Divorce paper .

Use the blank space in the form to explain that you will be sponsoring the trip AND who will be in custody of the child from her previous marriage while both of are away.

Thank You Very Much Justwise! I really appreciate, I'll come back here in a week to give an update, God bless you!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
TatPat:

Thank You Very Much Justwise! I really appreciate, I'll come back here in a week to give an update, God bless you!!!

No worries..good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hello guys, good day
Please I need help.. I have a question please. I'm about to apply for my tier 4 general visa and I'm using my dads bank statement,he owns his company i found out that he couldn't use his company bank statement for my visa. I wanted him to show much more money than he had in his personal account so he transferred some money from his company account into his personal account so there'll be enough money there for visa purposes. My question is, do i have to wait for 28 days as well before printing out.
Thanks a lot [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
kossyprincess:
Ok I'm staying for 14days I have Gtb Acct so I have token too and Ecobank Acct.I have my CAC Registration,TIN ID card,Tax etc.the closing bal of my GT Acct for 6months is 1.2m,while my Ecobank 1m No lodgement of money at all because is my personal Acct where customers do pay money for their goods.This is how I filled the financial part:
COST OF FLIGHT - 600 GBP
COST OF LIVING EXPENSES-100 GBP
COST OF HOTEL ACCOMODATION- 570 GBP
COST TO U PERSONALLY FOR THIS TRIP-2200GBP
TOTAL AMOUNT U HAVE FOR THIS TRIP- 2200GBP
HOW I DO EARN MONTHLY AFTER TAX- 145K
HOW MUCH I DO GIVE TO MY FAMILY EVERY MONTH -20GBP

Your budget looks somehow, let me guide u.

Flight- 600

Living expenses- 200

Hotel- reduce to 8days, 14 is too much, getting the visa at once is ur major goal.

Add Flight+living expenses+hotel= Cost to you personally

flight+living cost+hotel+£100misc= Total amount you have for the trip...

Every other thing is ok... how much is ur account balance? How much did u pay as Tax? You salary is also good but I can see that you wnat to show the ECO u have so much money to throw around, they know Niger is tough at this period so why taking a sachet of paracetamol just Becos u have headache. £2200 is much when half of that can get you 6month visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
Thatfiyahgirl:
Hello guys, good day
Please I need help.. I have a question please. I'm about to apply for my tier 4 general visa and I'm using my dads bank statement,he owns his company i found out that he couldn't use his company bank statement for my visa. I wanted him to show much more money than he had in his personal account so he transferred some money from his company account into his personal account so there'll be enough money there for visa purposes. My question is, do i have to wait for 28 days as well before printing out.
Thanks a lot

How much was in the account before he made the transfer?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
@ Justwise Ok...is this conference about real estate business?
Yes its MIPIM UK real estate conference and exhibitions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bissiejoe: 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
justwise:

@justwise
Good day to you. Please I need to apply for a uk visit visa of 6 months by August 20th and my passport expires March 29th, 2017, that leaves about 7 months. Can I use the passport to apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
bissiejoe:

@justwise
Good day to you. Please I need to apply for a uk visit visa of 6 months by August 20th and my passport expires March 29th, 2017, that leaves about 7 months. Can I use the passport to apply?

Sure you can
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
fakmurphy:
@ Justwise Ok...is this conference about real estate business?
Yes its MIPIM UK real estate conference and exhibitions.

Ok but you did not list documents you plan to submit for the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
justwise:

@justwise Thanks for your reply. He had About 2.5 million naira
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kossyprincess(f): 11:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
askari01:

Your budget looks somehow, let me guide u.

Flight- 600

Living expenses- 200

Hotel- reduce to 8days, 14 is too much, getting the visa at once is ur major goal.

Add Flight+living expenses+hotel= Cost to you personally

flight+living cost+hotel+£100misc= Total amount you have for the trip...

Every other thing is ok... how much is ur account balance? How much did u pay as Tax? You salary is also good but I can see that you wnat to show the ECO u have so much money to throw around, they know Niger is tough at this period so why taking a sachet of paracetamol just Becos u have headache. £2200 is much when half of that can get you 6month visa.
OK I hear you will correct all that.I do pay 5k for my tax that's d bill d gave me cos my shop is not like mall lol.apart from boutique I do sell other goods too so I did not include that in my application only the boutique I mentioned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kossyprincess(f): 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
kossyprincess:
OK I hear you will correct all that.I do pay 5k for my tax that's d bill d gave me cos my shop is not like mall lol.apart from boutique I do sell other goods too so I did not include that in my application only the boutique I mentioned.
I'm not on salary ohh the money i do earn is the total money for my month sales in d shop if sales is too bad. but when sales is much I do get more than that because I deal on wholesale ladies wears etc. I don't even know where I do keep my suppliers invoice ohh Lol but I have my own invoice I do issue to customers .plss can u help me list out the Requirement for a tourist Visa. I have already booked for 14days online so I don't know if I can be able to cancel and rebook again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
justwise:

Ok but you did not list documents you plan to submit for the application
@Justwise Thanks for your assistance i'm submitting;

Conference registration confirmation and receipts
Hotel booking

My company bank statement
Vat papers (March-June) as we started in Nov and opened acc in feb.
rent receipts booklets
sales receipts booklets
invoices

My bank statement 'A' showing fixed deposit, it's interest paid in there every 90 days. bal 1.5m
Fixed deposit cert.

My bank statement 'B' showing daily spendings (most funds comes in from either Acc A and company's acc) bal by then 450k)

Duplicate copies of all transfer slips from A TO B

4-5 properties docs with their purchasing receipts, deeds, survey plans, etc.

shares bond cert.

Printed email conversations between me and one of my lawyers last yr discussing rent income and payment analysis (while i was abroad)

Wedding cert

kids birth cert.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 11:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
@Justwise Thanks for your assistance i'm submitting;

Conference registration confirmation and receipts
Hotel booking

My company bank statement
Vat papers (March-June) as we started in Nov and opened acc in feb.
Tax clearance cert.( NIL payment since we started under 1yr)
rent receipts booklets (showing rent collected for my personal estate $ clients own)
sales receipts booklets (showing all land purchased for clients and our professional commission fee)
invoices

My bank statement 'A' showing fixed deposit, it's interest paid in there every 90 days. bal 1.5m
Fixed deposit cert.

My bank statement 'B' showing daily spendings (most funds comes in from either Acc A and company's acc) bal by then 450k)

Duplicate copies of all transfer slips from A TO B

4-5 properties docs with their purchasing receipts, deeds, survey plans, etc.

shares bond cert.

Printed email conversations between me and one of my lawyers last yr discussing rent income and payment analysis (while i was abroad)

Wedding cert

kids birth cert.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ZOE07: 8:23am On Jul 22, 2016
Hello all, good morning. How do you book air ticket without paying for them? Or better what do you present as travel plan documents. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:28am On Jul 22, 2016
kossyprincess:

Are you kidding? 5K in 12 months? Lol. If I work and earn 150k monthly and the sum of 7k is being deducted from my account monthly, how come you as a business owner would now pay 5K as Tax for one good year? That means ur paying just 420 naira per month and you have above 1million in ur account... ur tax does not commensurate with your claimed income. The more business you claim to be doing, the more tax we expect from you. Take ur statement of account to the revenue office for evaluation, they will tell you how much ur gonna have to pay as Tax.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kossyprincess(f): 11:57am On Jul 22, 2016
askari01:

Are you kidding? 5K in 12 months? Lol. If I work and earn 150k monthly and the sum of 7k is being deducted from my account monthly, how come you as a business owner would now pay 5K as Tax for one good year? That means ur paying just 420 naira per month and you have above 1million in ur account... ur tax does not commensurate with your claimed income. The more business you claim to be doing, the more tax we expect from you. Take ur statement of account to the revenue office for evaluation, they will tell you how much ur gonna have to pay as Tax.
yes that what d gave me to pay ohh. infact I was even surprise too. is my luck now Lol Anyway d check shops according to the size and what you have in it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zoomzu(f): 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
zoomzu:
Very well done to all the great people in this forum. I salute you all. Oga Justwise, FrontpageLawyer etc
I have been having sleepless nights over the clashes in my applications. I submitted my visa application since July 1st and no update since the last one I got about 2 weeks ago that it has gotten to decision level. The issue is that the whole of my have US visa interview next. Is it possible to attend US visa interview without my passport? Will the copy of my data page and previous visa pages be tenable?

Oga Justwise, FrontPageLawyer and all the wonderful people in the house.
I got my package today with my 2-year visa. This is our year of wonder double agenda testimonies. It shall be good news for others waiting for their packages.

However, some documents are missing from the package returned to me (My cousin's British Passport Data page, His Tenancy Agreement, Invitation Letter and the Application form itself). Is it normal?

Thank you all and God bless

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segzy0: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
What a good forum, i'm always learning here and I hope to ask more questions when it's time for me to apply for UK visit visa.

God bless us all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bissiejoe: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Sure you can

Thanks mate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
Dear All,

Anyone with cheapest fight info? I'm trying to book for a friend who will be visiting from the UK this September.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ronvlaar: 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
Filled my form on the 2nd of July, did biometrics on the 12th at the VI centre, application received in Sheffield on the 15th, decision made today 22nd, tho don't know what's in there but I'm very optimistic...
Will give my testimony soon!
Special thanks to the guru's in the house, esp @tunderule2016 for the time taken in attending to my numerous questions!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobleman247: 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

You must satisfy the entry clearance officer that you have sufficient personal and economic circumstances in your home country. In making this assessment, the ECO may consider your stated employment, length of employment and income. So many factors will be consider in reaching a decision, the letter from your employer on company headed paper detailing your role, salary, length of employment, and leave will earn you some points. Also provide your letter of appointment salary account and pay slips.

Most importantly the ECO may wish to see your bank statement showing salary credits. If your bank statement does not show salary credits, this may cast doubt.

You may wish to show evidence of your business and incomes from other business. This includes business documents, invoices, bills of lading, receipts of sales, tax certificates, etc.

The 4k, 16k and 36k deposit in your account is insignificant and won't work against your application, therefore you shouldn't lose sleep over it. But if you can write a cover letter explaining your other business, incomes etc. That would be fine.

For your budget, it should be realistic. Since your sister is providing accommodation and feeding and she knows the documents to forward to you, then you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks for the reply Sir. You are highly appreciated.
Please I would like to ask another question. Besides the fact that I work full time as a technician at the company where I have been working for 5years now, I have a registered business name "Nature of business: general contrast" (Which I registered 2010 and I have the business name certificate and registration document) which I use to work part time as a service technician, but I do not pay tax for the business from time to time depending on my availability I do technical works for individual or cooperate clients and I get paid cash by hand or via bank deposit or bank transfer to my savings account. Especially for cooperate clients, when I carry out installations or repairs I usually issue a Job completion certificate which is usually on my business name letter headed paper, which is usually signed by my the technician and the client after confirming the working condition Considering the fact that I do not have TTC for the business name) Do U advice I include the business name certificate, business name registration document and Job completion certificates in my application (Note: I have the Lagos state e-TCC card for tax from my salary where I am employed. The e-TCC was issued Aug. 2014 )
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fasttrack(m): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2016
justwise:

I really can not think of any advantage of using Ikeja over IV, i think one of them charges for using the centre while the other doesn't.

yea, Ikeja charges more. got my visa last year at ikeja but spent too much money. will apply through vi then since you arent sure. thanks fam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2016
Opluses:
Dear All,

Anyone with cheapest fight info? I'm trying to book for a friend who will be visiting from the UK this September.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
Thatfiyahgirl:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
zoomzu:

I got my package today with my 2-year visa. This is our year of wonder double agenda testimonies. It shall be good news for others waiting for their packages.

However, some documents are missing from the package returned to me (My cousin's British Passport Data page, His Tenancy Agreement, Invitation Letter and the Application form itself). Is it normal?

Congratz... told you to relax ur nerves. Enjoy your holiday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
kossyprincess:
yes that what d gave me to pay ohh. infact I was even surprise too. [b]is my luck now Lol [/b]Anyway d check shops according to the size and what you have in it.

That must be a local government tax revenue, you better run to the internal revenue tax office, FIRS to get a proper Tax certificate that will comensurate with your financial income , Wetin concern government with the size of ur shop and what you have in it. Don't mess things up for urself madam.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zoomzu(f): 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
askari01:

Congratz... told you to relax ur nerves. Enjoy your holiday.

Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:24pm On Jul 22, 2016
Guys, how you doing? Please i will need clarification on an issue which is quite confusing. By God's grace, i will be applying for tier 4 visa soon. I will like more clarification on this 28days counting period meant for maintenance fee.
I started my counting some days ago but as at today, the exchange rate increased to 386 which brought a little decline in the amount i have in my account. My questions are these:

1. Please if on the 28th day the exchange rate comes down and its in line with the amount needed as maintenance, will it be right for me to go ahead and print my statement of account?

2. Secondly, will the VO calculate with the Oanda rate as at the day of visa application or the day i printed my statement of account?

Please i will appreciate your contributions because its quite confusing to me.
cc: justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
zoomzu:

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
Thatfiyahgirl:

If that amount is not enough for your fees and maintenance money then you have to start counting the 28 days from the day he transferred the money.

Please look for Uk student visa thread and post the next question because this is not the right thread for your question

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.