Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,797 members, 7,806,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523234 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 11:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
askari01:

Don't submit yet... how many days do you plan staying in UK that ur spending 720gbp, do everything to reduce the cost of ur trip . However, How much is ur monthly pay and may I know your account balance? Remember pounds in now 545/1GBP in the parallel market.

thanks for the response. it's a week plan, My monthly salary varies due to overtime and allowance. My actually salary is 234k, but my monthly average income in the last 6 months is #368,552.58 after tax. i used Oanda for the exchange. My acct balance is 2.6M.

@askari, please kindly share ur opinion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
justwise:

That is very tight, you have £1500 for the trip but you re going to spend £1440, that leaves you with £60.

How much is your net monthly income?

my average monthly income is #368,552.58. Maybe i don't understand the two question "total amount you have for this trip" and "what is the cost to you personally of your trip". i assumed the former is cost of the trip plus miscellaneous. please kindly help clarify. thanks for your time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by taolut: 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
Good afternoon,

Just a quick question is it the normal for home office to call over once to confirm?

I invited my younger brother who is a student to come to the UK for holiday, I am the sole sponsor. I got a missed call last week from the home office with a voicemail. The next day they called and I spoke to a lady who confirmed my relationship with him.

This afternoon I got a missed call from a private no and the second time I picked it, it was a man from the home office asking questions about myself and my brother.

After coming off the phone, my younger brother pinged me to say the same man just called him asking thesame set of questions.

I'm a bit worried as all the time i have sponsored people to the UK I have never received a call from the home office not once not to talk of speaking with them twice.

Any experience or advice wld be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Teed89: 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2016
-
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
Mikelion:
Hi Pals,

Just got denied a visit visa. The refusal reason was that I don't have enough fund. The real problem here is that they made a serious mistake. I submitted a bank account statement with a balance of 200,000+ USD (U.S. Dollars) but they stated in the rejection letter that I only have 200,000 NGN (Naira).

I also submitted a letter of explanation but it seems they didn't even read my letter. The bank statement clearly stated "United States Dollars" not Naira.

Please advise on how I can appeal the refusal.

U have a great chance to strike them and get ur visa... write a strong letter that's gonna hit them hard and if you can't, look for a lawyer to strike them with a strong letter, don't loose the opportunity...

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
taolut:
Good afternoon,

Just a quick question is it the normal for home office to call over once to confirm?

I invited my younger brother who is a student to come to the UK for holiday, I am the sole sponsor. I got a missed call last week from the home office with a voicemail. The next day they called and I spoke to a lady who confirmed my relationship with him.

This afternoon I got a missed call from a private no and the second time I picked it, it was a man from the home office asking questions about myself and my brother.

After coming off the phone, my younger brother pinged me to say the same man just called him asking thesame set of questions.

I'm a bit worried as all the time i have sponsored people to the UK I have never received a call from the home office not once not to talk of speaking with them twice.

Any experience or advice wld be appreciated.

Thanks

It's not an issue really... they actually wanna be sure of the relationship between u nd your Bro... I hope ur answers correlate with that of your bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
Teed89:
Hello house, I'm a newbie here and o will like to go to the UK for vacation. I'm single, good job, I also run personal biz and a blogger. Please I need to know the requirements. Thanks.

Ur ties to this country matters,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
-
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
hello house do i need to submit my passport photograph as part of the visa application process? i seem not to see it in the part of document for submission?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
rinw:

my average monthly income is #368,552.58. Maybe i don't understand the two question "total amount you have for this trip" and "what is the cost to you personally of your trip". i assumed the former is cost of the trip plus miscellaneous. please kindly help clarify. thanks for your time

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
rinw:

Your earning is good but do you have paper evidence to support that? Payslip etc?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
Mikelion:
Hi Pals,

Just got denied a visit visa. The refusal reason was that I don't have enough fund. The real problem here is that they made a serious mistake. I submitted a bank account statement with a balance of 200,000+ USD (U.S. Dollars) but they stated in the rejection letter that I only have 200,000 NGN (Naira).

I also submitted a letter of explanation but it seems they didn't even read my letter. The bank statement clearly stated "United States Dollars" not Naira.

Please advise on how I can appeal the refusal.

Is that figure two hundred thousand or two thousand dollar?

List the documents you submitted for the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
-
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
-
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
Mikelion:

It's 200 thousand dollars. I submitted:

1. Recent bank statement.
2. Payment history showing monthly breakdown.
3. Contract Agreement Letter.
4. Letter of explanation detailing the source of income, visit duration and plans.
5. Passport.
6. Utility bill.

I guess you run your own business right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
-
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2016
Mikelion:

Yes you are correct.

You did not include your business registration papers, tax certificate and business account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kakunze: 11:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
Mikelion:
-

You have a good case and it can be defended. Read the below:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 6:14pm On Sep 05

adetorosey:
Hello, My sister in law has just been refused a family visit visa to visit my family in the Uk, Myself and my wife are settled in the UK. The problem is the reason they gave for refusal is totally different from our circumstances. They talked about her visiting her twin brother which is not true. This mix up is crazy and i do not know what to do. Hope you can help, Thank you.

Get an immigration lawyer in UK to write them there was an error of judgment,and i can tell you your inlaw will have her case review and granted her visa....Don't bungle her chances by doing things yourself.you have a solid and genuine case

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 7:02pm On Sep 05

adetorosey:
Hello, My sister in law has just been refused a family visit visa to visit my family in the Uk, Myself and my wife are settled in the UK. The problem is the reason they gave for refusal is totally different from our circumstances. They talked about her visiting her twin brother which is not true. This mix up is crazy and i do not know what to do. Hope you can help, Thank you.

Same thing happened to me in 2014.

My first application was refused cause of cash deposit so i reapplied with evidence/purpose of deposit, second application was also a refusal but all the details on the refusal letter including DOB were wrong. I sent a mail to Sheffield and after three weeks got a reply that there is nothing wrong with the refusal letter sent to me. I WAS MAD and lost interest that was September 2014.

4th January 2015 i was speaking to someone in Uk and told him what happened with my application and that i might apply again in March but he advised me to keep sending them mails that an error has been made in my info otherwise future application will be refused.

Reluctantly 6th January 2015 i sent another DETAILED MAIL indicating all the errors and with scanned documents as prove, within two days 8th January i got a reply from Entry Clearance Manager with lots of apology saying their system states visa was issued to me, i was asked to take my passport to BDHC Lagos for my visa. Next day i went to DBHC Lagos with a copy of the mail from Sheffield and after waiting for about 2 hours my passport was returned to me with visa. 

So send them a detailed mail highlighting the error and scan documents as prove and you might get a positive response otherwise reapply and states errors

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 20, 2016
-
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 20, 2016
nobody has answered me, for a visiting visa, do i need to submit passport photograph with my application?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 20, 2016
overcomer123:
nobody has answered me, for a visiting visa, do i need to submit passport photograph with my application?

If it's not mentioned in the checklist you printed out then it's not required.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:17am On Sep 20, 2016
Mikelion:

I run a business but not as a company. The contract agreement has clauses that catered for those.

Business owners also register it and pay tax from their income maybe your own business is unique.

Anyway if that was the only reason for the refusal then you either reapply and write a letter to point out that mistake or write them to complain about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phelps007: 9:14am On Sep 20, 2016
overcomer123:

Passport photograph is no longer required for a UK visa application.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 20, 2016
[quote author=rinw post=49508154][/quote]

Hi.

I think I saw your PM but I don't reply those. Try the BBM Pin on my profile.

Filling those forms the first time can be confusing, although the new form I filled online didn't have those breakdowns you posted earlier. Instead I attached a separate budget sheet. Your salary is good, have you sorted out proving those extra allowances? Your balance is okay too if the account is 'clean'.

I noticed you included a high budget for accommodation? Didn't you earlier state you were staying with a friend?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
Am not sure about Island submission centre but you do not need passport photograph with your application if submitting in Ikeja.

overcomer123:
hello house do i need to submit my passport photograph as part of the visa application process? i seem not to see it in the part of document for submission?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
Please house I want to ask how much can be considered as money lodgement in a statement of acct
For instance, like a cash deposit of 80k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 11:26pm On Sep 20, 2016
justwise:

Your earning is good but do you have paper evidence to support that? Payslip etc?

yes. My payslip has all the inflow, and it's direct transfer from the company. The only thing is the money vary by month depending on whether allowance or overtime is paid. BT d average in d last 6 months is what I stated. Please kindly help me look into d budget, n also advice before i submit. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xtonuns(m): 12:50am On Sep 21, 2016
Hello house, please I need ur help..I have a day appointment to write an exam in uk and won't spend more than 4 days...the pharmaceutical company I work with is sponsoring me. Please I need a list of important documents I need to get from my employer especially concerning issue of statement of account and tie back home..ur contributions are highly welcomed...God bless

@Justwise, please am waiting for ur expert advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ikereku: 11:26am On Sep 21, 2016
Good morning,
Please,I intend to apply next month for UK Visa under the family category. I want to visit my brother who is a British citizen. He hasn't seen my kids since I gave birth to them,and it's also like 3yrs I saw him last.so he wants us to come over for Christmas.
I am married with 2 kids(,one is 18months,and the other is 10weeks).
I am currently not working, so,will be applying as a stay at home mum.
My husband will be our sponsor,(he is in a private salary pay job)while my brother will be sending the invitation letter,and will also be accommodating us.
I have some landed properties bequeathed to me by my late father as a gift,can I include it in my application?
1,Please,what are the chances of me getting or being refused a visa?
2, can my husband also apply along with us? Or he can do his own seperately after we might have done ours?
Please,also note that,I had twice been rejected Visa before..first in 2007, for not putting any of my account statement..I was waiting for Nysc then,so didn't really have any viable bank account.
Secondly,in 2013,they said they refused me because the monies paid as salary from my firm then every month didn't specifically states that they are 'salary for so so month'.. and so not sure they are salaries and so not also sure I am a staff there.
Thank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
rinw:

yes. My payslip has all the inflow, and it's direct transfer from the company. The only thing is the money vary by month depending on whether allowance or overtime is paid. BT d average in d last 6 months is what I stated. Please kindly help me look into d budget, n also advice before i submit. Thanks

You need to explain that in the form.

Your budget is good but it doesn't look good that at the end of the trip you only have £60 to your name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:55pm On Sep 21, 2016
xtonuns:
Hello house, please I need ur help..I have a day appointment to write an exam in uk and won't spend more than 4 days...the pharmaceutical company I work with is sponsoring me. Please I need a list of important documents I need to get from my employer especially concerning issue of statement of account and tie back home ..ur contributions are highly welcomed...God bless

@Justwise, please am waiting for ur expert advice

List those documents you tend to submit for the application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.