Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,481 members, 7,781,437 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:23 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1511191 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
Beautifulswan:

Thank you. Please I seem to be totally lost on how to go about it. I've been to the UKVI website and I'm not really sure the requirements. What are our chances. As we will have only been married for about 2 months by the time I'm applying although we've been dating for almost 2 years with pictures and other communication prove. My bank statements is not very strong but he earns about £35000 annually. I want to stay with him.

When did he start working?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Beautifulswan: 5:51am On Dec 07, 2016
justwise:

When did he start working?

He's been working for about 8 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by temitee4real: 10:09am On Dec 07, 2016
Good morning. Please I want to pay for my 2 years visa application fee which is totalling about $511 but with the restriction on Naira debit cards and the spending limit restrictions on foreign denominated cards. what are the other options available to pay the visa fee. Please I need an urgent response. Temitayo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
Beautifulswan:

He's been working for about 8 months.

That is not a problem, as long as he has some money in his account to meet the financial requirement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mofe22: 10:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
Hello House,

Please I need your help quite urgently. If you get the email from TLScontact saying your visa has been assessed and in the same minute you get another email from the same email address saying it is ready for collection. Does that mean you have been refused? My reasoning behind it is that after being assessed, they don't bother to take any time for visa printing so it is sent straight to you. Please advise on this.

I look forward to all the help i can get

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monspubis: 10:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
Mofe22:
Hello House,

Please I need your help quite urgently. If you get the email from TLScontact saying your visa has been assessed and in the same minute you get another email from the same email address saying it is ready for collection. Does that mean you have been refused? My reasoning behind it is that after being assessed, they don't bother to take any time for visa printing so it is sent straight to you. Please advise on this.

I look forward to all the help i can get

thanks
I doubt it means anything.Its usually a delay in TLS updates that cause the messages to rush in that way.
I HV seen people get the two messages in the space of like 2 hours and they still got their visas.
Mind you,once UKVI informs you that your application has been assessed,they are already done with your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dammysmart: 11:09am On Dec 08, 2016
Hello please I just checked UK visa web address now and I discovered that to apply for a Tier 5 non-immigrant visa is £230 and I also have to pay for a surcharge fee of £200 which by current rate I think is £1-#800 . please i need someone to educate me on this, from the look of things coupled with the TB test I will be spending up to 325000 in naira for just visa alone..plesse I need clarification on this surcharge fee, the rate I will be charge when paying and if its in dollar or pounds as showm in their website. thanks @justwise plss awaiting your response with other gurus in the house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:40pm On Dec 08, 2016
Dammysmart:
Hello please I just checked UK visa web address now and I discovered that to apply for a Tier 5 non-immigrant visa is £230 and I also have to pay for a surcharge fee of £200 which by current rate I think is £1-#800 . please i need someone to educate me on this, from the look of things coupled with the TB test I will be spending up to 325000 in naira for just visa alone..plesse I need clarification on this surcharge fee, the rate I will be charge when paying and if its in dollar or pounds as showm in their website. thanks @justwise plss awaiting your response with other gurus in the house

What exchange rate is that? You £1 is exchanging for 800 naira now?

Yes the surcharge is £200 a year multiple by number of years visa you are applying for
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dammysmart: 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
justwise:

What exchange rate is that? You £1 is exchanging for 800 naira now?

Yes the surcharge is £200 a year multiple by number of years visa you are applying for
I'm sorry I thought it wrongly, pls what rate is the pounds as at today plssssss @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 12:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Hope you got your visa,the message means nothing.Just go there am sure its going to be a good news.
Monspubis:

I doubt it means anything.Its usually a delay in TLS updates that cause the messages to rush in that way.
I HV seen people get the two messages in the space of like 2 hours and they still got their visas.
Mind you,once UKVI informs you that your application has been assessed,they are already done with your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:18am On Dec 09, 2016
Dammysmart:
I'm sorry I thought it wrongly, pls what rate is the pounds as at today plssssss @justwise

The British embassy uses oanda exchange rate and its £394.074 today.

Unofficial rate i got last week was N530 and a friend just came back from Nigeria and she bought £1- N560 while she was there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 9:43am On Dec 09, 2016
justwise:

Unofficial rate i got last week was N530 and a friend just came back from Nigeria and ''she bought £1- N560 while she was there''

At quoted..

You mean she bought £1-N560 for Maintenance fee or what?? smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:13am On Dec 09, 2016
justwise:

Unofficial rate i got last week was N530 and a friend just came back from Nigeria and she bought £1- N560 while she was there

Whatamidoinghere:

At quoted..
You mean she bought £1-N560 for Maintenance fee or what?? smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by umarwy(m): 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
justwise:

Please Where can I get 530-560
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
umarwy:

Please Where can I get 530-560

Ask around especially African/Nigerian shops you will definitely see someone doing it. As Nigerian government start cracking down on money transfer agencies many are not open about their business anymore. Or even Nigerian friends in your school. I sent through a friend.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 10:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by erico2k2(m): 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
justwise:

Ask around especially African/Nigerian shops you will definitely see someone doing it. As Nigerian government start cracking down on money transfer agencies many are not open about their business anymore. Or even Nigerian friends in your school. I sent through a friend.
Realy? the rate to send today was N590 as I sent myself today
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ehizzi(m): 12:32am On Dec 10, 2016
Good day house,
I want to describe the situation of a friend so as to guage his chances of getting a visa..he finished his nysc programe earlier this year and currently unemployed but makes income sowing cloths..he got invited to the uk by his cousin.his dad left him the house he currently lives in..what are his chances of getting a visa approved and what can he do to improve his chances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
erico2k2:

Realy? the rate to send today was N590 as I sent myself today

Now that is some good deal, how did you get that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2016
ehizzi:
Good day house,
I want to describe the situation of a friend so as to guage his chances of getting a visa..he finished his nysc programe earlier this year and currently unemployed but makes income sowing cloths..he got invited to the uk by his cousin.his dad left him the house he currently lives in..what are his chances of getting a visa approved and what can he do to improve his chances

Your friend's chances are very very slim. He needs to get a job that will boost his chances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drobadebayo: 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
Please does Tier 2 visas normally take this long even with priority.I have been waiting for like 14 working days now.Did anyone apply recently?Please I need an advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Graciousrev(f): 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hi Just wise,
I need your help.It's urgent please.
It's been close to 3years,my mom renewed her visit visa,she needs to resubmit all docs over again.
1.Kindly please refer me to a link I could get all info from.
2.She's a retired government staff with no much in her bank account and meanwhile,my brother is sponsoring her trip and stay.The question is,does she still need to submit her bank statement?
3.She's going for ten years visa,but spending less than four months,would she need to go for a TB test?
4.What other documents do you suggest her sponsor needs to get across to her.
5.Can she submit an online bank statement sent by her sponsor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 9:17pm On Dec 10, 2016
Pls,i need someone who can guide me on how to fill Uk form online and the document to arrange.I have a good statement of account with inflow & outflow income.Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
Graciousrev:
Hi Just wise,
I need your help.It's urgent please.
It's been close to 3years,my mom renewed her visit visa,she needs to resubmit all docs over again.
1.Kindly please refer me to a link I could get all info from.
2.She's a retired government staff with no much in her bank account and meanwhile,my brother is sponsoring her trip and stay.The question is,does she still need to submit her bank statement?
3.She's going for ten years visa,but spending less than four months,would she need to go for a TB test?
4.What other documents do you suggest her sponsor needs to get across to her.
5.Can she submit an online bank statement sent by her sponsor?

1. All the info you need regarding visiting visa is here if you read few pages back.

2. She can present the account where her pension goes in plus your brother's bank statement.

3. No

4. You need to list the documents he is sending first then i will know if there is anything to add or not.

5. You mean bank statement printing off online banking and emailed to her?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Graciousrev(f): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2016
4.Utility bill
Bank statement
Sponsor's British passport
Council tax bill
Recent employment letter
(Sent to her via email)
Invitation letter
5.Bank Statement printed online and sent to her via email.
6.Another question please-does she need to explain monies entering into her bank account since she isn't sponsoring herself?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:10am On Dec 11, 2016
Graciousrev:
4.Utility bill
Bank statement
Sponsor's British passport
Council tax bill
Recent employment letter
(Sent to her via email)
Invitation letter
5.Bank Statement printed online and sent to her via email.
6.Another question please-does she need to explain monies entering into her bank account since she isn't sponsoring herself?

5. If the printout does not have all the details the UK bank statement contains then the printout needs to be stamped and signed by his bank.

6. She needs to do that

He needs to add payslips to that list and proof of accommodation e.g tenancy agreement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by erico2k2(m): 10:29am On Dec 11, 2016
justwise:

Now that is some good deal, how did you get that?
Local transfer agent in London
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bintalabi(f): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
hello house, my husband lives in the UK for over 17 years now but I've being in Nigeria all this while. so now I want to move in and live with him,
so what and what step do I need to take. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by erico2k2(m): 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
bintalabi:
hello house, my husband lives in the UK for over 17 years now but I've being in Nigeria all this while. so now I want to move in and live with him,
so what and what step do I need to take. thanks
When you say 17 years, has he got the legal rights to as in Full rights ie Indefinite right to remain/British passport?

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.