Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523849 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thecrush: 10:13am On Apr 25, 2017
Please how do i make payments for VISA application?
My Naira cards are not going through online
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 10:28am On Apr 25, 2017
I got a decision email. Hope for the best. It will end in praise. Like the gurus here always say: You know your faith when you picked your package.
EggPlant:
I got a mail 3hours ago that "unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible" Someone once said once you get this mail, its usually denial. Still keeping my hopes up.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beautifulOnyi: 11:56am On Apr 25, 2017
Hello.
Pls I want to apply for 6 months UK visa for a professional exam. I'm stating that I'll stay for 4 days as it's a one day exam.

I'm married with 2 kids. I currently earn about 140k monthly...being transferred into my account everymonth by my company.
I've been working for the past 5 yrs and the last 2 of which has been in my present company.
I currently have about N1.2m in my account. I've been saving 80 to 100k from my salary monthly for the past 6 months. I also have a car in my name and some shares.
I stated that my husband is the main bread winner of the family and pays most of the bills....so I get to save a substantial amount of my salary over the past 4yrs.
But my husband doesn't have enough money in his account presently. But he has several land documents and a car in his name.
Do I have to submit his account details or can I just use my account since I'll be the main sponsor?
Do you also think I have enough funds to sponsor myself?

Total expenses for the trip (air plane ticket, hotel accommodation and feeding) is roughly £600 (N300k).

I stated that the exam is very important to me as it will help me advance my career. And I've been saving for it for a while.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thecrush: 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
Please who can assist me

I am applying for a 6month Visa and i am required to pay a certain amount of money for application.

I cant pay with my card neither can i pay through the bank because it exceeds 100dollars. Please what do i do?

Help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
thecrush:
Please who can assist me

I am applying for a 6month Visa and i am required to pay a certain amount of money for application.

I cant pay with my card neither can i pay through the bank because it exceeds 100dollars. Please what do i do?

Help

Look for someone with a dollars denominated card or use the paga.com option
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 3:29pm On Apr 25, 2017
beautifulOnyi:
Hello.
Pls I want to apply for 6 months UK visa for a professional exam. I'm stating that I'll stay for 4 days as it's a one day exam.

I'm married with 2 kids. I currently earn about 140k monthly...being transferred into my account everymonth by my company.
I've been working for the past 5 yrs and the last 2 of which has been in my present company.
I currently have about N1.2m in my account. I've been saving 80 to 100k from my salary monthly for the past 6 months. I also have a car in my name and some shares.
I stated that my husband is the main bread winner of the family and pays most of the bills....so I get to save a substantial amount of my salary over the past 4yrs.
But my husband doesn't have enough money in his account presently. But he has several land documents and a car in his name.
Do I have to submit his account details or can I just use my account since I'll be the main sponsor?

Total expenses for the trip (air plane ticket, hotel accommodation and feeding) is roughly £600 (N300k).

I stated that the exam is very important to me as it will help me advance my career. And I've been saving for it for a while.

You have done well with your package,you do not need your husband account to be added to your applications since you are traveling alone...Once again you have done excellently well

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hi people, please i am trying to renew my 5yrs UK visa.
My challenges right now are as follows:

1. The last time i traveled to the UK was in 2013, i used a family friend's invitation letter for the application.
2. I had issues at Heathrow airport because they said I was checking into a hotel instead of going to my friend's house.
3. Now, i don't want to tie my application to my family friend because we haven't been communicating for a while now.
4. Will they deny me based on the fact that i won't be using my friend? The column where they asked if i have anyone in the UK, if i say yes..they'll request certain information about my friend that i cannot provide and if i say no, I'm sure they have my previous travel history in their system already.

How do i go about this? please help me house.

cc: @ Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
ekpotek:

You do not need an invitation letter for a tourist visa. Hotel accommodation is okay. The most important thing is the ability to fund your trip, so a certified Dubai bank statement is good enough. Also you may also provide copy of resident and work permit as supporting documentation.

Hi ekpotek, please kindly check your email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 25, 2017
Dear All i have just received an email from the UK visas

Does the attachment guarantee a visa ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2017
Justwise what am saying is this. My account balance is N756000 and the to total budget is £750-800 out of which my brother in UK is ready to support me with £250. So the total cost to me personally will be like £550. That is spending over 200k out of the N756000 in my account. Can my brother send 3months bank statement of his from the UK and a letter to that effect. I honestly wish to attend his graduation because we are very close. And he too attended my graduation when I finished from University of Wolverhampton.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hello house,

I want to renew my UK visa (2years) but my passport expires in March 2018, will this affect the decision? Considering my passport will expire in less than a year. Please kindly advise... thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
beautifulOnyi:
Hello.

1. You need to submit your husband's account and payslips(to support his source of income) he doesn't need to have a lot of money on it since the money goes into family expenses and you have mentioned that in your application too. You need to state that the money for the trip will be coming solely from your account.

2. Make a budget of the trip that will answer your second question though i don't think £600 will hack it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
fpeter:
Hi people, please i am trying to renew my 5yrs UK visa.
My challenges right now are as follows:

1. The last time i traveled to the UK was in 2013, i used a family friend's invitation letter for the application.
2. I had issues at Heathrow airport because they said I was checking into a hotel instead of going to my friend's house.
3. Now, i don't want to tie my application to my family friend because we haven't been communicating for a while now.
4. Will they deny me based on the fact that i won't be using my friend? The column where they asked if i have anyone in the UK, if i say yes..they'll request certain information about my friend that i cannot provide and if i say no, I'm sure they have my previous travel history in their system already.

How do i go about this? please help me house.

cc: @ Justwise

You have to answer Yes and state that you will be staying with him this time around and provide hotel accommodation evidence
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
jossyking10:
Justwise what am saying is this. My account balance is N756000 and the to total budget is £750-800 out of which my brother in UK is ready to support me with £250. So the total cost to me personally will be like £550. That is spending over 200k out of the N756000 in my account. Can my brother send 3months bank statement of his from the UK and a letter to that effect. I honestly wish to attend his graduation because we are very close. And he too attended my graduation when I finished from University of Wolverhampton.

How about cost of accommodation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
@ustwise

I don't speak with him anymore. We stopped communicating long ago. I don't even have his number or address. Won't that complicate matters for me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
rinw:
Hello house,

I want to renew my UK visa (2years) but my passport expires in March 2018, will this affect the decision? Considering my passport will expire in less than a year. Please kindly advise... thanks

No it will not, the visa on it is still valid even with the passport expires
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
fpeter:
@ustwise

I don't speak with him anymore. We stopped communicating long ago. I don't even have his number or address. Won't that complicate matters for me?

You don't have a choice than to answer yes, you don't have to add his details because you are not visiting him or staying with him.

Make that clear in your form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
justwise:

You don't have a choice than to answer yes, you don't have to add his details because you are not visiting him or staying with him.

Make that clear in your form

If I answer yes. How will I provide his address and utility bills and all? They will ask me for those details. They would even want to call him at the airport. I am not sure if have to state that I am going to his house. I could state that I know so and so but we no longer communicate and I don't have his details so I can't visit him. Hence I am lodging in a hotel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
fpeter:

If I answer yes. How will I provide his address and utility bills and all? They will ask me for those details. They would even want to call him at the airport. I am not sure if have to state that I am going to his house. I could state that I know so and so but we no longer communicate and I don't have his details so I can't visit him. Hence I am lodging in a hotel.

Why will you be asked to supply those details when you are not visiting that person? You will only be asked to supply those details if the person will be your host.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
justwise:

Why will you be asked to supply those details when you are not visiting that person? You will only be asked to supply those details if the person will be your host.

Okay. So I can just mention his name, without further details? ....I also heard that UK interviews are now face to face...is this true?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mandydaisy: 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hello everyone,
Please I have a little issue.... I lost my previous passport that had a valid 5yrs visa that would have expired next year. I now have a new passport and want to apply but my question is this:

1. Can I apply for a 2 years visa instead of 6months visa since this isn't my first visa?

2. Can I make payment at the visa center as it used to be done or do I have to make payment with my card?

Thanks for your input.

Cc Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beautifulOnyi: 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2017
Thanks a lot

You have done well with your package,you do not need your husband account to be added to your applications since you are traveling alone...Once again you have done excellently well[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beautifulOnyi: 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
justwise:

1. You need to submit your husband's account and payslips(to support his source of income) he doesn't need to have a lot of money on it since the money goes into family expenses and you have mentioned that in your application too. You need to state that the money for the trip will be coming solely from your account.

2. Make a budget of the trip that will answer your second question though i don't think £600 will hack it

Thanks for the advice. I plan to stay for 4 days as stated above. So hotel, return ticket and feeding has been budgeted for roughly that amount. I'll look into it as you advised. Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 12:10am On Apr 26, 2017
fpeter:
@ustwise

Put his old details and then state that you haven't been in contact with him for whatever number of years and that information was as at the last time you heard if him (in the space for additional information).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by highway04: 5:46am On Apr 26, 2017
Please I need advise. I did biometric on 11th April. Got confirmation email in UK on 14th application been received and on processing. Have not heard from them till now. Date of traveling was on 24th of this April. Had earlier been denied UK visa in 2009, 2010 and 2011. Never applied again till now. Been to Qatar, Georgia, Kenya, Ethiopia, etc. Submitted closing balance of 4.3M. Total money to spend is 800k and total available money for seven days trip is 1m. I stated I receive 700k per month in two organizations, one 500k while other 200k. One of 500k is church and the 500k reflected in my account for six months. Had other monies that enters my account which I highlighted to the ECO in separate sheet. Please what are my chances this time?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 7:08am On Apr 26, 2017
Justwise. Accommodation and feeding will be sorted by my cousin whom am going to stay with. Both of them live in same city. And she will send me tenancy agreement and utility bills. And please can my brother send three months of his bank statement to me or must it be 6 months? Thanks for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shenanigans: 9:58am On Apr 26, 2017
Hello Nairalanders. Need your opinion ! My fiancée and I are planning to go on a vacation to the UK. Do we stand a chance if she is the sponsor of the trip for both of us? Is it weird as we are not yet married. We intend to use her own bank statements as she has more than sufficient funds as against mine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 10:06am On Apr 26, 2017
blank:

Put his old details and then state that you haven't been in contact with him for whatever number of years and that information was as at the last time you heard if him (in the space for additional information).

Thank you. The only information i have is his name but not his phone number or address or email.
would that suffice?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 10:16am On Apr 26, 2017
fpeter:

Thank you. The only information i have is his name but not his phone number or address or email.
would that suffice?

Alternately, you can answer that you have no one and explain in the additional info that you used to have a friend with such and such details and say you are no longer in touch.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 11:38am On Apr 26, 2017
blank:

Alternately, you can answer that you have no one and explain in the additional info that you used to have a friend with such and such details and say you are no longer in touch.

Thanks, i heard the interview is now one on one, is that true?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by highway04: 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
Please I need advise. I did biometric on 11th April. Got confirmation email in UK on 14th application been received and on processing. Have not heard from them till now. Date of traveling was on 24th of this April. Had earlier been denied UK visa in 2009, 2010 and 2011. Never applied again till now. Been to Qatar, Georgia, Kenya, Ethiopia, etc. Submitted closing balance of 4.3M. Total money to spend is 800k and total available money for seven days trip is 1m. I stated I receive 700k per month in two organizations, one 500k while other 200k. One of 500k is church and the 500k reflected in my account for six months. Had other monies that enters my account which I highlighted to the ECO in separate sheet. Please what are my chances this time?
blank:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KEYSERSOZE(m): 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hello Justwise & Co.

I have had 2 different uk visa in the past 10years with travel history. My last visa (6 months) was issued late last year which I used in travelling. It just got expired last month & I intend applying for a 2 years visa now. What are the supporting documents I need to provide? As I will be visiting & staying @ my cousins place, which as always been the case in the past. Whilst she always provides accomodation & feeding. Do I need an invitation letter fom her again for this application? Also her other documents like copy of british passport, bank statement, pay slip, evidence of mortgage etc? Aside my own bank statements, payslip, intro letter & employment details.

Many thanks
Cc. Justwise
Ekpotek

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.