Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524085 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 10:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
ekpotek:

No it will not affect the decision. The rule is that you passport must have at least 6 month validity and a least a blank page (both front and back) on the passport for the visa stamp.
justwise:

No it will not, the visa on it is still valid even the passport expires

Thanks ekpotek and justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:34am On Apr 27, 2017
highway04:
Thank you but how would I have addressed the issue of my previous refusals? Please throw more light. First refusal was financial instability and the educational centre I wanted to go for training, second and third was financial incapacitation

You could have included a cover letter to the ECO to highlight that your circumstances has changed significantly from your last applications. Then you point out these changes to the ECO. [b]As an example you will write 'the ECO refused my last application based on financial incapacitation. This has been corrected in this application as I am now a G.O and president of my Church earning N500K monthly (see payslip)' beside I also earn another N200K from Bleep company (see payslip). All these income are duly reflected in my bank statement (see bank statement) [/b]Anyway since you have submitted, let's pray and hope for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dr9ce(m): 7:22am On Apr 27, 2017
I intend to travel soon but I have some challenges. My net pay after tax is 200k which is what I filled on the visa application, but I also contribute to my cooperative at work which reflects on my pay slips. So my net pay on the pay slip and bank statementsis around 156 to 160k depending on other deductionsites which varies from month to month. Please how do I explain this? Then there is huge deposit from my cooperative in April, which I plan to finance this trip, I ll be getting a letter of introduction from the cooperative, will this suffice? Then how exactly should I answer the question below ;
1) What is the cost to you personally for your trip?
2) Total amount of money you have for this trip?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:50am On Apr 27, 2017
Dr9ce:
I intend to travel soon but I have some challenges. My net pay after tax is 200k which is what I filled on the visa application, but I also contribute to my cooperative at work which reflects on my pay slips. So my net pay on the pay slip and bank statementsis around 156 to 160k depending on other deductionsites which varies from month to month. Please how do I explain this? Then there is huge deposit from my cooperative in April, which I plan to finance this trip, I ll be getting a letter of introduction from the cooperative, will this suffice? Then how exactly should I answer the question below ;
1) What is the cost to you personally for your trip?
2) Total amount of money you have for this trip?
Thanks.
Your net pay after tax is Gross pay minus tax. So your actual net pay is N200K. Yes a letter from your cooperative will help explain the other deduction and hugh deposit.

The cost to you is cost of the trip (flight ticket, accommodation etc)

Total amount you have for the trip is the amount you which to commit for the trip which could be higher than the actual cost.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dr9ce(m): 8:29am On Apr 27, 2017
ekpotek:

Your net pay after tax is Gross pay minus tax. So your actual net pay is N200K. Yes a letter from your cooperative will help explain the other deduction and hugh deposit.

The cost to you is cost of the trip (flight ticket, accommodation etc)

Total amount you have for the trip is the amount you which to commit for the trip which could be higher than the actual cost.
Thanks, so do i state all I have in my account to answer the second question?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ayena1: 9:30am On Apr 27, 2017
I have a bro in the U.K. Who's a citizen and already has 3kids there all citizens, he recently invited dad and he got his visa, I was thinking he could apply on the note that he's too old and can't fly alone coz he's over 60yrs, I have a good statement and balance of 2.4 million, I'm into business/real estate and just started processing my CAC, we get payment base on percentage and not salary, I need advice because an agent promised to get an employment note, I need advice and I will be there for just 2 weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:44am On Apr 27, 2017
Dr9ce:

Thanks, so do i state all I have in my account to answer the second question?

Be careful. If you state the total amount in your account, as available for the trip. The question is how will you explain to ECO on how you will take care of yourself and your family when you intend to spend all your available income on a trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by highway04: 10:04am On Apr 27, 2017
ekpotek:

You could have included a cover letter to the ECO to highlight that your circumstances has changed significantly from your last applications. Then you point out these changes to the ECO. [b]As an example you will write 'the ECO refused my last application based on financial incapacitation. This has been corrected in this application as I am now a G.O and president of my Church earning N500K monthly (see payslip)' beside I also earn another N200K from Bleep company (see payslip). All these income are duly reflected in my bank statement (see bank statement) [/b]Anyway since you have submitted, let's pray and hope for the best.
I only submitted a sheet of how money enters my account both tithes and the 500k reflected in my account for six months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by highway04: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2017
ekpotek:

I submitted copies of business transaction of my company. My allowances are paid directly into my account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Doctoropera(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2017
Please I want to travel to united kingdom to work. Please I need advice. Just working on my passport. I have two brothers there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by b1211(m): 12:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hi @Vicjustice, @Ekpotek, and every member on here, keep up the good work guys. I need your opinion in regards a situation.

My family and I are planning on visiting the U.K for 2-3weeks holiday. My wife and I have been married for over a year and we have a 9months old baby. We intend getting a 6months U.K visa for myself and our baby as it will be our first time, my wife still has a valid U.K visa. We plan on visiting in 2months but intend to have the visa processed immediately but we have a situation.
I am currently out of job almost a year now but my personal savings account with every now and then debit and credit transactions has about 350k naira balance in it. We intend indicating my wife as a sponsor (her savings account balance is 1.4m or thereabout), her salary account balance is less than 300k naira (she has been at her job for over a year). But she has a UK bank account in her name that she uses in collecting rent every month from her late dad's property that she manages and pays service charge on the flat.. with a balance of about 8000 pounds or thereabout in it. We will be staying at the property while visiting, hence there wont be additional accomodation cost/expenses.

*What would your expert advise/opinion be in regards how to go about the application?
*Should we go ahead and present her to be the sponsor on the form?
*Do we include her savings account with 1.4m in it? Or Her U.K bank account statement with 8000pounds in it? or Both? And also include my own savings account with 350k naira balance in it?
*Do both my application and our baby's application stand a chance of being approved?

Any additional information and advise would be appreciated. Thanks

NB: She has visited the U.K over 10 times in the last 25years+, had her Masters and BSc there. I have never applied to the U.K, my current passport is new, but i have been to South Africa 3times and Swaziland once in the last 5years on my previous (Lost/Stolen) passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Greeting Gurus in the house. I tracked on TLS vi and the update is your passport is ready for collection but I am yet to get a pick up mail from TLS. Do I go there uninvited or wait for the pick up mail. Stay blessed
mialate:
I got a decision email. Hope for the best. It will end in praise. Like the gurus here always say: You know your faith when you picked your package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gg4real: 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
@ Ekpotek and Justice Please. My application was submitted on 8th of March, 2017 and up till now I have not receive any update. I sent SHEFFO a message to kindly help me track this application and they replied on 14th April that their is delay on the decision as its currently undergoing enquiries. Since then I have not receive any update and its going to two months. Please what could be causing the delay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dr9ce(m): 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
ekpotek:

Be careful. If you state the total amount in your account, as available for the trip. The question is how will you explain to ECO on how you will take care of yourself and your family when you intend to spend all your available income on a trip?

Thanks @ekpotek , I have about 2400GBP in my account(naira equivalent), if I my estimated travel expenses is around 1100 GBP, like how much can i say is available to me for this trip that will likely get me a visa. Thanks for your usual patience and enlightening response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beautifulOnyi: 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
ekpotek:

You do not need to submit the account detail of your husband since he is contributing to the trip. However, you will need to include your marriage certificate if this is your first application.

Flight ticket to the UK is almost N300K on the cheapest airline. You will need up to £1200 for this trip. With N1.2M you have enough fund to support yourself. Please be mindful that you will need to explain to the ECO any large deposit in your account.

Thanks a lot. I found a hotel one of my friends used for £12 a night. I'll be staying for 3 nights. The 4th day I'll be travelling back.
I've been to the UK before (2012) on a tier 4 student visa which is very staightforward. This is my 1st time of applying as for standard visitor.
Thanks once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 5:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
@Justwise. Yes. He just got a job about 3 months ago. Can he send that please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dr9ce:

Thanks @ekpotek , I have about 2400GBP in my account(naira equivalent), if I my estimated travel expenses is around 1100 GBP, like how much can i say is available to me for this trip that will likely get me a visa. Thanks for your usual patience and enlightening response.

Add £200 to make it up to £1300. This is to handle any contingencies that may arise during your trip so you will have a balance of £1100 in your account which is reasonable before your next pay comes in.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
jossyking10:

Yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
beautifulOnyi:

Thanks a lot. I found a hotel one of my friends used for £12 a night. I'll be staying for 3 nights. The 4th day I'll be travelling back.
I've been to the UK before (2012) on a tier 4 student visa which is very staightforward. This is my 1st time of applying as for standard visitor.
Thanks once again.

Okay then. You just need to include this hotel documentation in your application. Your previous immigration history will also count. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
gg4real:
@ Ekpotek and Justice Please. My application was submitted on 8th of March, 2017 and up till now I have not receive any update. I sent SHEFFO a message to kindly help me track this application and they replied on 14th April that their is delay on the decision as its currently undergoing enquiries. Since then I have not receive any update and its going to two months. Please what could be causing the delay?

I think two months is unreasonable long for visit visa. Why don't you go to the application centre and check. You will be surprise that your passport has been ready for collection since. Alternatively you can make inquiries here. https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
mialate:
Greeting Gurus in the house. I tracked on TLS vi and the update is your passport is ready for collection but I am yet to get a pick up mail from TLS. Do I go there uninvited or wait for the pick up mail. Stay blessed

If the TLS information have been updated then go and collect your passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
b1211:
Hi @Vicjustice, @Ekpotek, and every member on here, keep up the good work guys. I need your opinion in regards a situation.

My family and I are planning on visiting the U.K for 2-3weeks holiday. My wife and I have been married for over a year and we have a 9months old baby. We intend getting a 6months U.K visa for myself and our baby as it will be our first time, my wife still has a valid U.K visa. We plan on visiting in 2months but intend to have the visa processed immediately but we have a situation.
I am currently out of job almost a year now but my personal savings account with every now and then debit and credit transactions has about 350k naira balance in it. We intend indicating my wife as a sponsor (her savings account balance is 1.4m or thereabout), her salary account balance is less than 300k naira (she has been at her job for over a year). But she has a UK bank account in her name that she uses in collecting rent every month from her late dad's property that she manages and pays service charge on the flat.. with a balance of about 8000 pounds or thereabout in it. We will be staying at the property while visiting, hence there wont be additional accomodation cost/expenses.

*What would your expert advise/opinion be in regards how to go about the application?
*Should we go ahead and present her to be the sponsor on the form?
*Do we include her savings account with 1.4m in it? Or Her U.K bank account statement with 8000pounds in it? or Both? And also include my own savings account with 350k naira balance in it?
*Do both my application and our baby's application stand a chance of being approved?

Any additional information and advise would be appreciated. Thanks

NB: She has visited the U.K over 10 times in the last 25years+, had her Masters and BSc there. I have never applied to the U.K, my current passport is new, but i have been to South Africa 3times and Swaziland once in the last 5years on my previous (Lost/Stolen) passport.

I foresee your unemployment status will be a problem. However, your wife profile and investment in the U.K. may make the ECO to overlook that. Your baby will not have an issues since the mother already has a valid visa. Submit all financial informations include the UK bank statement as it will satisfy the ECO of more than sufficient funds for the trip. Your wife should also enclosed a cover note to ECO that she will be sponsoring the trip and also include document to proof ownership of the UK property.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dr9ce(m): 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
ekpotek:

Add £200 to make it up to £1300. This is to handle any contingencies that may arise during your trip so you will have a balance of £1100 in your account which is reasonable before your next pay comes in.
Thanks and God bless!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ayena1:
I have a bro in the U.K. Who's a citizen and already has 3kids there all citizens, he recently invited dad and he got his visa, I was thinking he could apply on the note that he's too old and can't fly alone coz he's over 60yrs, I have a good statement and balance of 2.4 million, I'm into business/real estate and just started processing my CAC, we get payment base on percentage and not salary, I need advice because an agent promised to get an employment note, I need advice and I will be there for just 2 weeks.

If you have applied with your dad, you won't have add any problem. Using you dad age and inability to fly alone will not work. The only option will be to get a medical report that actually attest to the fact that your dad is incapable of flying alone without a family member and hope the ECO will understand. The agent trying to get you an employment note want to put you into trouble as submission of fake document will lead to 10 years ban.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
jossyking10:

In that case he got no choice than to submit that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
beautifulOnyi:

Thanks once again.

No proper hotel in the UK for that amount. Maybe that is B&B and not a proper hotel.

Do a google search of that hotel to see if there is any review on it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
Thanks Ekpotek. I will do that. God bless you
ekpotek:

If the TLS information have been updated then go and collect your passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by b1211(m): 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
ekpotek:

I foresee your unemployment status will be a problem. However, your wife profile and investment in the U.K. may make the ECO to overlook that. Your baby will not have an issues since the mother already has a valid visa. Submit all financial informations include the UK bank statement as it will satisfy the ECO of more than sufficient funds for the trip. Your wife should also enclosed a cover note to ECO that she will be sponsoring the trip and also include document to proof ownership of the UK property.

OK Thanks @ekpotek, I appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beautifulOnyi: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
ekpotek:

Okay then. You just need to include this hotel documentation in your application. Your previous immigration history will also count. Good luck.

Thanks for your time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beautifulOnyi: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
justwise:

No proper hotel in the UK for that amount. Maybe that is B&B and not a proper hotel.

Do a google search of that hotel to see if there is any review on it.

Okay. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Doctoropera(m): 7:47am On Apr 28, 2017
Doctoropera:
Please I want to travel to united kingdom to work. Please I need advice. Just working on my passport. I have two brothers there.
please respond to this post good people
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
Doctoropera:
please respond to this post good people

This thread is for UK visit visa only. For work visa pls enquire from the UK government website. www.gov.uk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.