Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,323 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:30 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1511168 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Abiso: 8:44am On Nov 23, 2015
maestro03:

Why would you buy your ticket before getting your visa?

I have not booked for a ticket. It was the date I filled in the form for date of arriving in UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Twostep: 9:53am On Nov 23, 2015
Pls help! Does it mean sum1 dat hst rounded up nysc last month and doesnt have a job yet cant get to visit d uk for xmas/new yr break? embarassed embarassed embarassed ayam tired fa! Sum1 pls say sumthing!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 10:01am On Nov 23, 2015
Twostep:
Pls help! Does it mean sum1 dat hst rounded up nysc last month and doesnt have a job yet cant get to visit d uk for xmas/new yr break? embarassed embarassed embarassed ayam tired fa! Sum1 pls say sumthing!!

You need to prove strong ties to return home after your visit.
So having no job can make you look a big risk of overstaying.
But it all depends on your finances and personal details.
The only way to find out for sure is to apply and see the answer.

Please note that NYSC means nothing outside of Nigeria, visa officer is not interested in it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amarise: 10:29am On Nov 23, 2015
good morning to u all, please can a single submit an application with a weak opening balance of #500k due to some personal projects and a closing balance of 1.8m. won't this mean bad savings for someone who has been working for past 4 years? no lodgement. tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Twostep: 10:36am On Nov 23, 2015
worry359:

You need to prove strong ties to return home after your visit.
So having no job can make you look a big risk of overstaying.
But it all depends on your finances and personal details.
The only way to find out for sure is to apply and see the answer.

Please note that NYSC means nothing outside of Nigeria, visa officer is not interested in it.
Thanks fr d response bro! Am jst pained if i knew i wlda applied durn one of d summer breaks bk in uni! All my frnds stroll in n out d uk now embarassed ! Am jst scared of apply and gettn rrjection stamp on my pali.. But i rili need dis xmas break! My head is hot! Lol

My sponsor(my uncle) has a valid uk visa.. 4 of my cousins (his sons) had deir masters n phd in d uk.. I wont be goin fr masters till sept.. But i need this break!! How do i prove ties as i cnt think of any fa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Kevinoh:
Good morning my people,

I got a mail since thursday morning last week that a decision has been made and uptil this moment I have not heard from them.

Please is this normal?
How far? Have you pick up your passport yet? My wife is having same issue since November 11th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ewilliam2015: 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
Pls I want to visit the uk for the Xmas and new year holiday....what visa category do I apply for ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tinglesbabe: 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
thank you so much
salsera:

Unless you got something to hide just tell the truth.
Do you have NI - ans is yes
Do you have relatives - ans is yes
Will you visit or stay with them - ans is yes
Did you get medical treatment - ans is yes . You already said you paid for medication so you used NHS. By the way medication although paid for is still subsidised because of NHS. If you can remember all the times you went to the hospital then say just that. You don't remember and it's between this year and that year. Just give details of the NHS surgery you visited e.g the address.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tinglesbabe: 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
thank you so much @ Justwise and the gurus please I have some other questions I want you to help me with.

1. have you ever travelled to the UK in the last 10years, enter details of up to 5 most recent visit, and they asked for date of arrival and departure. I travelled to UK for the first time as a student in 2010 and lived there till 2013 and during this period, I travelled in and out of UK for holidays. how do I start stating this dates of arrival and departure with reasons. i was resident in the uk and wasn't a visitor, its confusing.

2. if I don't remember the dates I applied for a visa or even receive medical treatments, what date do I put as the red asterisk means I must fill this part

3. my husband gives me cash monthly for house keep, in the income and expenditure section there is a question on additional income, since I get cash from my hubby monthly I feel I should state it but there's no evidence as he gives me cash. what do you advise I say
justwise:

1. Yes and why? To be able to work part time.

2. Yes I do but I will not be staying with him as I have booked hotel accommodation but will visit him.

3. If you have say yes and explain what sort of treatment and how much you paid.

All the above questions are testing your honesty and integrity, giving misleading info is just waste of time because they will still find out if they want.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tinglesbabe: 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
many thanks this is helpful
blank:

I had almost the same issues with you. This was how i did it:

1. I gave them the NI number and told them the reason was to get foreign work experience to boost my work prospects at home.
2. I told them i had relatives in the UK and gave their information and answered "YES" for visit or stay. IN the additional information, i explained that i will just visit but not stay. Will stay in the hotel.
3. Have you received treatment - YES. Did you pay - NO. Date: Gave the one that i had information on. Went on to to explain in the additional information that i had several visits to the hospital as i was living there long term and was permitted to use NHS free.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ewilliam2015: 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2015
Pls I want to visit the uk for the Xmas and new year holiday....what visa category do I apply for ? Pls I need ur response mr justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
Ewilliam2015:
Pls I want to visit the uk for the Xmas and new year holiday....what visa category do I apply for ? Pls I need ur response mr justwise

Your question ehn!

Standard visitor visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

How far? Have you pick up your passport yet? My wife is having same issue since November 11th

Please what is going on?
i applied since 26th october and received a decision made on the 13th.
Im very worried, can we just stomp the tls office?
i suspect a system failure
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2015
sapphy:

Please what is going on?

Contact TLScontact through their website and you'll be informed if your passport has been return by UKBA. If you don't get a feedback, then you can walk into their office.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 1:34am On Nov 24, 2015
sapphy:

Please what is going on?
I don't really know what is going on. My wife got email message that decision have been made on November 11th, up till now know information from UKTLSCONTACT
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by babyisUS: 7:03am On Nov 24, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

I don't really know what is going on. My wife got email message that decision have been made on November 11th, up till now know information from UKTLSCONTACT

Why not go to TLS with the email sent about decision made, and find out from them if your passport has been returned . If you go through this thread, you'd find out that a lot of people were in the same position as you guys but when they went to TLS,their passports were there waiting for collection.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Gaji09: 7:18am On Nov 24, 2015
Hello i greet the house,

I Have applied for UK tourist visa in Abuja in 2014 and i was refused, the reason why i was reused was that.....

1. you state you are self employed as evidence of this you have provided your certificate of registration of your business. you however provided no evidence that this business is currently trading. i am therefore not.

2. you have also provided your personal bank statement as evidence of your funds. i note that all of the payments to your account are in cash including those noted as salary. as you have not provided evidence of the source of funds paid in your account, i am not satisfied the funds in your account are wholly owned by you and area true reflection of your financial circumstance in Nigeria.

I have therefore refused your application because i am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the united kingdom i migrations rules.

These are the document submitted then
1. Statement of account
2. Marriage pictures
3. Corporate affair certificate
4. Company Invoice
5. Hotel reservation
6. Marriage certificate
7. Tax Card

I have start making transfer in my account now not only cash deposit But Which one is now evidence of trading because i want to reapply again in Lagos and i want the house to advise me what to do because i want my visa granted this time. I have read how you guess have help many people here that is why i am also running to you guess to advise me what to do concerning the reason the mentioned about my refusal. I believe in your guys. Look forward to hear from you guys soon. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funlover1(m): 8:15am On Nov 24, 2015
Gaji09:
Hello i greet the house,
I Have applied for UK tourist visa in Abuja in 2014 and i was refused, the reason why i was reused was that.....
1. you state you are self employed as evidence of this you have provided your certificate of registration of your business. you however provided no evidence that this business is currently trading. i am therefore not.
2. you have also provided your personal bank statement as evidence of your funds. i note that all of the payments to your account are in cash including those noted as salary. as you have not provided evidence of the source of funds paid in your account, i am not satisfied the funds in your account are wholly owned by you and area true reflection of your financial circumstance in Nigeria.
I have therefore refused your application because i am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the united kingdom i migrations rules.
1. Statement of account
2. Marriage pictures
4. Company Invoice
5. Hotel reservation
6. Marriage certificate
7. Tax Card
I have start making transfer in my account now not only cash deposit But Which one is now evidence of trading because i want to reapply again in Lagos and i want the house to advise me what to do because i want my visa granted this time. I have read how you guess have help many people here that is why i am also running to you guess to advise me what to do concerning the reason the mentioned about my refusal. I believe in your guys. Look forward to hear from you guys soon. Thank you

The evidence that your company is running is the company's statement of account.I guess you only included your own statement of account.

You could also include copies of recent invoices,LPOs, VAT remittance,tax clearance ,office rent receipt and other documents that will convince the ECO that your company is actually in business.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mrkelvin85: 9:44am On Nov 24, 2015
hi guys plsss help me out on this one...am a trader I buy and sell food stuff I will like to visit u.k for 2 weeks but as u all know a business like mine don't have to be registered... I am sponsoring my self plsss wat can I do about my condition note am a trader at oyingbo market...my main consine is about the documents plsss ur advice will be needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:11am On Nov 24, 2015
Gaji09:
Hello i greet the house,

1. Statement of account
2. Marriage pictures
4. Company Invoice
5. Hotel reservation
6. Marriage certificate
7. Tax Card

One beautiful thing about the UK visa policy is that, for every visa denial, a letter is included detailing reasons for refusal which can easily be addressed, unlike the US where non-immigrant visa applicants are handed the standard generic letter each time they are refused a visa without detail explanation.

In your own case, ECO was not satisfied that your claimed income was generated from your business. That means the funds in your account does not commensurate with your business as stated in your application. In flows in your account must be from a verifiable source.

You can reapply, only if you have addressed the issue raised by the ECO. You must include contract documents, transaction receipts, sale and purchase receipts, and other documents which can proof as your ties to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oluebbie: 11:46am On Nov 24, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Yes you can apply from the UK as though you are you MIL, my husband's uncle lives in the UK and he filled out his aunts applications from the UK and also paid for it online, then the aunt printed from Nigeria and signed it ...done, hes done this for past few years, this is how I am doing my husbands spouse visa smiley

hope this helps

Thanks so much. This definitely helped. One quick question, we want her to stay for the period of her visa(6 months). should we write that she is staying for 6 months in invitation letter or a shorter period? Since we said she is just coming to see and welcome her new grandchild.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 12:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
Oluebbie:

Thanks so much. This definitely helped. One quick question, we want her to stay for the period of her visa(6 months). should we write that she is staying for 6 months in invitation letter or a shorter period? Since we said she is just coming to see and welcome her new grandchild.

If you apply for a 6 month visa, stating that she is intending to stay for six months you will be rejected.
They will not believe that is just a visit to see grandchild.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
mrkelvin85:
hi guys plsss help me out on this one...am a trader I buy and sell food stuff I will like to visit u.k for 2 weeks but as u all know a business like mine don't have to be registered... I am sponsoring my self plsss wat can I do about my condition note am a trader at oyingbo market...my main consine is about the documents plsss ur advice will be needed

As a trader (business owner) you must be tax compliance to apply for a UK visa, hence the need for your business to be registered. The ECO can only evaluate your business through its tax clearance certificate to determine its strength and capacity. You'll be accessed through your business to establish if it's substantial enough to bring you back home after your visit or it's a business you can abandon to live and work illegally in the UK.

That being said you will also need your statement of account with verifiable income, business receipts, sale and purchase receipts, and other documents which can proof as your ties to your home country.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oluebbie: 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
worry359:

If you apply for a 6 month visa, stating that she is intending to stay for six months you will be rejected.
They will not believe that is just a visit to see grandchild.

Thanks for your quick response. Should we just omit duration of her stay in the letter? what do you suggest?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
babyisUS:

Why not go to TLS with the email sent about decision made, and find out from them if your passport has been returned . If you go through this thread, you'd find out that a lot of people were in the same position as you guys but when they went to TLS,their passports were there waiting for collection.
I email TLSCONTACT yesterday. I got 2 email from them.
1st email - We have not received your passport & documents
2nd email - your enquiry have been forwarded to our manager

I don't really know what is going on
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by babyisUS: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

I email TLSCONTACT yesterday. I got 2 email from them.
1st email - We have not received your passport & documents
2nd email - your enquiry have been forwarded to our manager

I don't really know what is going on

Wow! Just keep pestering them. I have read here that once you get an email saying decision has been made, another email is supposed to accompany it saying your passport is ready for collection... I will put u in my prayers...

I got two mails today, first saying decision has been made, second mail came 25 minutes later saying my passport and documents are ready for collection. God willing I will go and pick it up tomorrow cos am out of town. So tomorrow morning I will head back to Abuja to go pick them up...hoping for the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by poca4real(m): 6:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
How can I book for hotel without using my Credit card? Am kinda afraid of disclosing my information online.

Kindly help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:34am On Nov 25, 2015
Twostep:

i think that all depends if your sponsoring your own stay or if you have family in UK who is sponsoring you.

My hubbys uncle lives here in the UK and he always sponsors his sister and she dont work, she always gets the visa.

smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:36am On Nov 25, 2015
Ewilliam2015:

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:38am On Nov 25, 2015
[quote author=poca4real post=40365023]How can I book for hotel without using my Credit card? Am kinda afraid of disclosing my information online.

Kindly help![/quote

Use booking.com

i use it all the time, you do need to register your card however you will not be charged dependant on the room/hotel you choose.

select one that is free cancellation/ no payment required

ive never had any issues and credit cards give you protection for unauthorised transactions/fraud
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 6:58am On Nov 25, 2015
babyisUS:

Wow! Just keep pestering them. I have read here that once you get an email saying decision has been made, another email is supposed to accompany it saying your passport is ready for collection... I will put u in my prayers...

I got two mails today, first saying decision has been made, second mail came 25 minutes later saying my passport and documents are ready for collection. God willing I will go and pick it up tomorrow cos am out of town. So tomorrow morning I will head back to Abuja to go pick them up...hoping for the best
Best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mfonox: 7:01am On Nov 25, 2015
Good day Justwise and other good people in the house. Thank you all for your help and support for others. I will appreciate your advice on my visa application.

I applied for visa on the 28th of Oct and i was refused a 6 months visa application on the 15th of Nov. Reason for refusal was that I stated in my application my net salary of 200k+ which I supported with pay slips, bank statement etc. However they notice that on the 5th of October there was a cash deposit of 1.5m which I didn't explain the source therefore they are not convinced that that money is available for my use.

The 1.5m was contribution I was doing with a total of 10 other pple at 150k per month and it was my turn to collect end of September.

I want to know how best to explain the contribution. In my statement. They will notice a monthly direct debit of 150k to a particular person. That person is in charge of collating all d money and paying to d person whose turn it is to collect. And it was that same person that returned the 1.5m to me less 5k for admin services so he paid 1495000 on d 5th of Oct. I plan to print my statement from January to highlight the contributions.

As at date of application the balance in my account was about 1.2m

Since after application, I have spent some of the money. 357 on rent. I loaned first 150k to my cousin then another 80k which will be highlighted in d statement and she will pay back this month end.

Closing balance as at today is about 500k. I want to reapply after this month end. After my salary, refund of 230k from my cousin and a little bonus I am expecting I should have a little over 1m.

Im sorry this is a bit lengthy. I just want to know how best to explain d 1495000. Apart from highlighting in my statement the transfers. The guy in charge of collation has a personal biz. Is it OK if he issues me receipts monthly for collection of 150k to attach to my application?

I hope the 230k from my cousin will not be considered lodgement if I highlight the transfers of 150k and later 80k

My sister in law has also sent me 400k one time in april. And another 800k in July to help pay for some goods for her. Altho it wasn't raised as an issue b4 should I still explain it?

I operate a single account for both salary and every other transaction so there are soo many transactions on the account. Do I need to explain every single money that entered my account since January. Or just maybe the ones say over a certain amount.

I plan to submit again first week in December. Thank u for your kind assistance.

Once again I apologise for d length of my enquiry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.