Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,089 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:41 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1511125 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:06am On Jun 22, 2017
[quote author=gbollytee post=57745046][/quote]

Only UKIV can answer you. Contact them ASAP or wait to hear from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 11:30am On Jun 22, 2017
Hello All,

Ekpotek or Justwise or anyone who has been in this scenario.

So after all said and done I have just paid the application fee on visa4uk site only to see on the printed appointment slip that I have put my Mum's expired passport as opposed to the current one. I am annoyed at myself now but I cannot even open the application to see if that is what I filled inside as they are experiencing heavy traffic.
Do I just cancel this application and ask for a refund or does she just print the application and go with it and try to explain herself. arghhhhhh.

Can anyone advise. Thank You

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
showstopa:
Hello All,

So after all said and done I have just paid the application fee on visa4uk site only to see on the printed appointment slip that I have put my Mum's expired passport as opposed to the current one. I am annoyed at myself now but I cannot even open the application to see if that is what I filled inside as they are experiencing heavy traffic.
Do I just cancel this application and ask for a refund or does she just print the application and go with it and try to explain herself. arghhhhhh.

What is more important is the passport number on the application form. If that is correct you do not have a problem. Go with both current and expire passports for the appointment and explain the mistake. You can also cancel the appointment and create a fresh one. Other gurus can add their opinions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2017
showstopa:
Hello All,

What a day! so i have managed to open the submitted form and I did indeed put the right passport number in the application, however the appointment letter for some weird reason printed out the expired passport. I hope this is not a problem when she arrives at TLS

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
ekpotek:

What is more important is the passport number on the application form. If that is correct you do not have a problem. Go with both current and expire passports for the appointment and explain the mistake. You can also cancel the appointment and create a fresh one. Other gurus can add their opinions.

What a day! so i have managed to open the submitted form and I did indeed put the right passport number in the application, however the appointment letter for some weird reason printed out the expired passport. I hope this is not a problem when she arrives at TLS
Thank You
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hello all,

I have been on a debate with a fellow on the maximum allowed number of days a 6 months visit visa holder can stay in the Uk. He says with a 6 months visit visa one can only stay in the UK for up to 90 days (3 months) on a single trip. I know that with a 2 year visa one can stay for up to 6 months on a single trip to avoid being seen as making the UK one's home. However for 6 months visa, I cannot find anywhere to confirm the claim that one can stay a maximum of 3 months on a 6 months visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 2:10pm On Jun 22, 2017
amaeve:
Please help me dear ones. My boyfriend in U.k is inviting me for a fifteen days visit from 29 of September. I just got my business registered on the 1 of June. Please it's my first time, to avoid visa rejection, what are the important documents I need to submit to the embassy. Thanks

What are your ties back home. Those things&persons with valid documentations that will bring you back home rather than staying put in the UK with your boyfriend

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ollycka:
Good day Justwise and to all the gurus in the house, please I have an urgent question to ask; Abeg make una help me o!
1) Can I put my parents, nieces and nephews birth certificate as my family ties to Nigeria? I don't have kids of my own yet and my husband is travelling with me.

2) Do I put my net or gross income as take home pay?

3) Should the budget for my trip be an estimate or actual money to be spent?

4) How much do you advise I put as the budget for a 3week holiday including flight ticket( I really don't want to over spend), free accommodation.

5) Since my husband gives me allowance every month, should I call it another income?

6) Can I submit my bank statement without pay slips or should I include my personal income tax card.

7) Do I use a pen to highlight all the salary inflow into my account and the allowance from my husband?

NOTE; no money lodgement, the money in my account is from my salary and the allowance my husband sends to me at the end of each month,

Please advise me on these questions and any other advice you have for me will be highly appreciated.

1) Yes to your parents. They serve as your social ties. Your husband most especially will do much more than social ties (if you are applying together).

2) Either will be fine, once conformable (bank statement, payslip et al)

3) Budget is an estimate

4) This depend largely on your bank balance cum ratio of your budget to your monthly income. (say you earn 300k monthly, you can easily budget 700-800k with a 1.5m acct balance)

5) Yes. Sure it's way lesser than your monthly salary?

6) No crime in submitting all. Bank statement is a must sha

7) All ECOs are trained to identify that. You don't cessarily have to help with their jobs. Do yours perfectly wink

I hope you find the above stated little helpful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 2:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
tweety7:
Pls I don't know wot to do.my sister is graduating on the 12th of July,2017 n she would love for me to attend.she fas already sent me an invite from her skill.pls,I want to know all wot I need to take to d embassy as I have limited time n I just started working last month.pls I need solutions ASAP.tnx

It's pretty tough as a moniker earlier said. Firstly, you left it too late judging by the barrage of applications this period and also, the fact that you need a strong application to land a visa judging by both you & sister profiles. She sent only Iv? You just started working or a new job with a blue chip coy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
Brightingsus:
Hello all,

I have been on a debate with a fellow on the maximum allowed number of days a 6 months visit visa holder can stay in the Uk. He says with a 6 months visit visa one can only stay in the UK for up to 90 days (3 months) on a single trip. I know that with a 2 year visa one can stay for up to 6 months on a single trip to avoid being seen as making the UK one's home. However for 6 months visa, I cannot find anywhere to confirm the claim that one can stay a maximum of 3 months on a 6 months visit visa.

Lol @ debate
Visit visas (either 6months, 2 or 5 or 10years) allow stays of no longer than 6 months (or 180 days) per visit.

So if you have a valid 6months visit/tourist visa (single entry), you can stay up to the end (which will automatically be less than 6months coz its not possible you enter UK same day your visa was approved) of the visa validity at a go.

If you have more than 6months visit visa, you can stay up to 180days at a stretch from the day you are stamped in. If USA, you will be stamped in with days you can stay at a go, most times, 180days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2017
nairacountry:

Lol @ debate
Visit visas (either 6months, 2 or 5 or 10years) allow stays of no longer than 6 months (or 180 days) per visit.

So if you have a valid 6months visit/tourist visa (single entry), you can stay up to the end (which will automatically be less than 6months coz its not possible you enter UK same day your visa was approved) of the visa validity at a go.

If you have more than 6months visit visa, you can stay up to 180days at a stretch from the day you are stamped in. If USA, you will be stamped in with days you can stay at a go, most times, 180days.

Many 10x

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
nairacountry:

1) Yes to your parents. They serve as your social ties. Your husband most especially will do much more than social ties (if you are applying together).

2) Either will be fine, once conformable (bank statement, payslip et al)

3) Budget is an estimate

4) This depend largely on your bank balance cum ratio of your budget to your monthly income. (say you earn 300k monthly, you can easily budget 700-800k with a 1.5m acct balance)

5) Yes. Sure it's way lesser than your monthly salary?

6) No crime in submitting all. Bank statement is a must sha

7) All ECOs are trained to identify that. You don't cessarily have to help with their jobs. Do yours perfectly wink

I hope you find the above stated little helpful

Thanks a lot! I do appreciate your response a lot and yes the allowance is less than my salary, about 20% of my salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
Brightingsus:
Hello all,

The UK visit visa is for 6 months with multiple entries that allows one to stay for the entire 6 months assuming you entered the UK on the day the visa was issued grin. Same thing for either its a 2 years, 5 years or 10 years visit visa. You are only permitted by law to stay for up to 180 days per visit. However, depending on your intention and purpose of visit to the UK, exhausting the number of days allowable (ie 180 per visit), can actually lead to refusal of subsequent visit visa in the future. The question is why do you want remain in the UK for up to 180 days, when your visit is not medically related, where you can neither work or earn an income? Certainly, the ECO will question you motive when you want to renew such a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
nairacountry:

Lol @ debate

As true and possible as this is in law. It is not advisable unless you're on medical tourism. The UKIV will require a lot of explanations to justify your reasons for staying that long in the UK. Howbeit, this is not applicable to USA, as your length of stay is determined at Point of entry, which can be less than 180 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ollycka:
Good day Justwise and to all the gurus in the house, please I have an urgent question to ask;
1) Can I put my parents, nieces and nephews birth certificate as my family ties to Nigeria? I don't have kids of my own yet and my husband is travelling with me.

2) Do I put my net or gross income as take home pay?

3) Should the budget for my trip be an estimate or actual money to be spent?

4) How much do you advise I put as the budget for a 3week holiday including flight ticket( I really don't want to over spend), free accommodation.

5) Since my husband gives me allowance every month, should I call it another income?

6) Can I submit my bank statement without pay slips or should I include my personal income tax card.

7) Do I use a pen to highlight all the salary inflow into my account and the allowance from my husband?

NOTE; no money lodgement, the money in my account is from my salary and the allowance my husband sends to me at the end of each month,

Please advise me on these questions and any other advice you have for me will be highly appreciated.

1. Your parents, nephews, nieces, uncles are poor family ties which will not move the ECO. Only your husband and kids are acceptable and strong family ties. If there is a strong and compelling reasons for both of you to travel, you will get the visa despite the fact there are no kids yet.

2. You take home pay is net income after tax.

3. Yes, it must be actual money to be spent, but give room for uncertainty that might arise

4. No idea, do the math yourself and ask question here if you need some clarification. You will need to budget for airticket, feeding, local taxiand buses, shopping, gate tickets to attend event. etc.

5. No your husband allowance is not an income, your income is from employment only.

6. You will need to submit your pay slip, as this is the only way for ECO to verify your income. Submitting bank statement alone will not be good. Submitting your personal income tax card is optional. If your employee does not issue payslip, get a letter from them to cover this for the last 6 months.

7. Sure you can do that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Astonestone: 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2017
Brightingsus:
Hello all,

Please don't stay more than one month or the length of your official leave from work you submitted. If not your next application you have to explain why you stayed for long and how you supported yourself in the UK. Just stay a reasonable amount. People with 2-5 years have stayed four - five months and have had their visas cancelled at POE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hi @ekpotek, My passport is ready for collection and I paid for courier service. but using the waybill number provided, I noticed DHL did not pick up the package for about 3 days now so out of curiosity I called DHL and i was told it takes 15 working days after TLS contact me for collection before they can pick up the package (I find it difficult to believe tho). I called them again after 2 hours and another DHL agent said the same thing. Now I want to know if it's still possible to pickup my passport personally since DHL tracker shows it's still at TLS. kindly advise, I need the passport next week. 15 days is a long time. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gbollytee(m): 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
[quote author=gbollytee post=57745046][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gbollytee(m): 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
[quote author=gbollytee post=57734608]Good day everyone. Please i applied for UK visa priority service and it's 8 working days since i applied. The normal window for priority is usually 5 working days and I'm yet to hear anything. The last update was that my app has been received by the Sheffield office and that was the following day after biometrics. Please what do you advise as I'm due to travel on Friday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
rinw:
Hi @ekpotek, My passport is ready for collection and I paid for courier service. but using the waybill number provided, I noticed DHL did not pick up the package for about 3 days now so out of curiosity I called DHL and i was told it takes 15 working days after TLS contact me for collection before they can pick up the package (I find it difficult to believe tho). I called them again after 2 hours and another DHL agent said the same thing. Now I want to know if it's still possible to pickup my passport personally since DHL tracker shows it's still at TLS. kindly advise, I need the passport next week. 15 days is a long time. Thanks

Hi if you retrieve your passport from TLS, pls go ahead. 15 days is unreasonably long and I want to believe the DHL guys do not have the correct information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
ekpotek:

The UK visit visa is for 6 months with multiple entries that allows one to stay for the entire 6 months assuming you entered the UK on the day the visa was issued grin. Same thing for either its a 2 years, 5 years or 10 years visit visa. You are only permitted by law to stay for up to 180 days per visit. However, depending on your intention and purpose of visit to the UK, exhausting the number of days allowable (ie 180 per visit), can actually lead to refusal of subsequent visit visa in the future. The question is why do you want remain in the UK for up to 180 days, when your visit is not medically related, where you can neither work or earn an income? Certainly, the ECO will question you motive when you want to renew such a visa.

Thanks Ekpotek...

You remember I buzzed you earlier for tips on how to successfully invite my mother inlaw over as my wife is pregnant. To be honest the more of my mother inlaw being with us the better. I would want her to stay with my wife and new baby and save us the money for nannies that can cost a fortune in London. So when I apply and we get the visa for 6 months for her, I would want my mother inlaw to stay for like 5 months or 4 at the earliest.

Since I would be indicating that my mother inlaw would be coming to stay with my wife to give birth I hope the ECO should understand that we may need my mother inlaw for a bit more.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
Astonestone:

Please don't stay more than one month or the length of your official leave from work you submitted. If not your next application you have to explain why you stayed for long and how you supported yourself in the UK. Just stay a reasonable amount. People with 2-5 years have stayed four - five months and have had their visas cancelled at POE.

Many thanks.

I live in London with my wife who is pregnant. We are permanently based in London. I want to invite my mother inlaw for Omugwo. So my questions are on her behalf.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Astonestone: 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
Brightingsus:

Many thanks.

I live in London with my wife who is pregnant. We are permanently based in London. I want to invite my mother inlaw for Omugwo. So my questions are on her behalf.

There has been an increase in refusals for Visitors visas esp for elderly parents. Your MIL coming as much it would save money, it may lead to a long long ban from refusals for her. They are more strict now than they've ever been. I would not recommend more than 2 months on a 6 months visa. How that would help, I don't know. I know the cost of childcare can be very expensive esp in London but the choice is yours... Risk MIL coming to save money and future refusals or just wing it for two months till the next application

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 12:19am On Jun 23, 2017
ekpotek:

Just to add that my experience is that the 180 days is cumulative in one calendar year, not per visit. Exceed it, and risk a refusal when you want to renew. The ECO will not only question how you survived in UK on a visit visa (no work, no income), but also how you managed to keep your job/source of income/ties in Naija. Even after making 3/4 weeks visits for many, many years, if you ever exceed the 180 days in one calendar year, there will be issues o. For medicals, there are other visa categories (so was the ECO's position).

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:38am On Jun 23, 2017
bigbus:

Just to add that my experience is that the 180 days is cumulative in one calendar year, not per visit. Exceed it, and risk a refusal when you want to renew. The ECO will not only question how you survived in UK on a visit visa (no work, no income), but also how you managed to keep your job/source of income/ties in Naija. Even after making 3/4 weeks visits for many, many years, if you ever exceed the 180 days in one calendar year, there will be issues o. For medicals, there are other visa categories (so was the ECO's position).

Many thanks,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 2:39am On Jun 23, 2017
rinw:
Pls how did u know that your passport is ready for collection from TLS? Did TLS sent u an Email? Am asking because Ukvi "Decided" on my wife Application on the 13 of june, But uptill now we haven't heard anything either from the embassy or receive any Email from TLS, Before we start talking of DHL, because we paid DHL for delivery also. She is going for conference,All her colleagues even the ones that didn't get their visa have collected their passport through DHL earlier this week accept her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:09am On Jun 23, 2017
Brightingsus:

Thanks Ekpotek...

You remember I buzzed you earlier for tips on how to successfully invite my mother inlaw over as my wife is pregnant. To be honest the more of my mother inlaw being with us the better. I would want her to stay with my wife and new baby and save us the money for nannies that can cost a fortune in London. So when I apply and we get the visa for 6 months for her, I would want my mother inlaw to stay for like 5 months or 4 at the earliest.

Since I would be indicating that my mother inlaw would be coming to stay with my wife to give birth I hope the ECO should understand that we may need my mother inlaw for a bit more.

Yes I remembered. Your mother Inlaw will not have any issues, if the purpose and duration of visit (4 months) is clearly stated in the application and the visa is approved. Certainly there will be issues if a 4 weeks requested visit is unreasonable extended to 4 months. You may need to evaluate the risk of a refusal for such a request in her first application. My recommendation is you request for just 5-6 weeks. If the visa is granted, she can visit twice within the 6 months permitted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:18am On Jun 23, 2017
Brightingsus:

Many thanks,

The ECO might find it difficult to understand this Omugwo stuffs. The only way to really justify your mother inlaw staying up to 4 months at a go, is if she will be visiting also for routine medical checkup in addition to the Omugwo. Then you may be required to submit doctor bookings and a fat bank account to convince the ECO that you can afford the cost.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:27am On Jun 23, 2017
bigbus:

I agree with you. Applicants should take note.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 7:36am On Jun 23, 2017
Austine2020:
Pls how did u know that your passport is ready for collection from TLS? Did TLS sent u an Email? Am asking because Ukvi "Decided" on my wife Application on the 13 of june, But uptill now we haven't heard anything either from the embassy or receive any Email from TLS, Before we start talking of DHL, because we paid DHL for delivery also. She is going for conference,All her colleagues even the ones that didn't get their visa have collected their passport through DHL earlier this week accept her.
i got a mail from TLS that it has been dispatched by courier they also included the tracking number.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by huey99(m): 7:54am On Jun 23, 2017
Good morning all

I intend going for a conference in the uk next month. The programme is maximum four days which is covered (travel expenses and hotel) by the organization inviting me. Am I to choose the permitted paid engagement visa or a short stay visa.

Also do I need to take along landed documents which I have, I have a small saving (not up to 1m) apart from my salary, to help my application.

Thanks

Ps: please help with other information I might need.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:50am On Jun 23, 2017
huey99:
Good morning all

I intend going for a conference in the uk next month. The programme is maximum four days which is covered (travel expenses and hotel) by the organization inviting me. Am I to choose the permitted paid engagement visa or a short stay visa.

Also do I need to take along landed documents which I have, I have a small saving (not up to 1m) apart from my salary, to help my application.

Thanks

Ps: please help with other information I might need.

Your visa type is a 6 month standard visitor visa. The onus is on you to prove to ECO that you will return back to Nigeria after your visit. Being sponsored thus not guaranteed a visa. So read backward to know the documents you will need to submit with your application.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.