Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1521562 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:02am On Nov 27, 2015
novicee:
Hey Guys grin cheesy,
please Justwise, Newbie715, ToyinNick, Portsmouth86 i'm actually calling this names because i have seen you guys have either encountered or shared in the part 2 thread.

I am in nigeria and my wife is a brithish citizen, i am wanting to apply for a settlement visa on the 30th of Nov, and i have a few questions (as most people here have been doing).
Please,

1. Are the documents submitted at TSL just Passport, TB test result and do the Bio-metric or do i have to submit all my supporting documents along side like my conversations (skype,whattsapp, phone logs, emails, photos), gifts(cash/otherwise), proof of accommodation in the UK, Appendix 2 form(scanned), payslips from my office(naija), bank statements (naija), marriage certificate (please feel free to enlighten me on what documents to send either ways) most of this is supplied by your Wife smiley

You need to submit to the VAC (Not TLS that is just an online application tracking site once you submit smiley)
* Pre filled Application form (Printed after you apply on Visa4uk website) i done this from the UK and paid for it on my credit card smiley
* Appendix 2 form that relates to your application ( this is hand written, which you may need your sponsor to fill out smiley
* TB test certificate (http://nigeria.iom.int/contact-us)
* IELTS Life skills test A1 (http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/locations/nigeria)
* Passport
* Birth cerificate
* Passport photo
* Letter from your employer to show you have a job and are responsible ( optional to supply your own bank statements and payslips for 6 months)

2. Are the documents they the same with the once's my Wife would send to Sheffield??
your wife should send her own supporting documents

i am my husbands sponsor and supplied the following for mine:
Section 1: Application documents- (NOTE HUBBY IS SENDING HIS ORIGINALS FROM VI)
• Introduction letter combined both Hubby and I
• Copy of Husbands passport data page
• Copy of my Husband’s visa application printed from Visa4UK site.
• Copy of a Filled out form of Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)
• Copy of all emails sent to my husband’s email address 6 in total confirming application/payment/NHS HIS payments and all confirmations.
• Online transaction confirming both payments $1501 for the visa fee and $942 for IMM health Surcharge paid by my Very credit MasterCard.
• Copy of TB certificate
• Copy of IELTS
Section 2: Maintenance (Financial):
table of contents page
• Employment letter, confirming gross salary, shift allowance, permanent, length of service and job title. DATED WITHIN 28 DAYS OF APPLICATION
• Job offer and contract of employment
• Payslips 6 months
• P60s 2014 & 2015 (NOT MANDATORY)
• Bank statements 6 months ( RECENT TRANSACTIONS DATED WITHIN 28 DAYS OF APPLICATION AND COVER LETTER SUPPLIED FROM NATWEST)

Section 3: Accommodation:
• Letter from landlady- confirming spouse can reside at the property which she owns, and stated the rent will remain the same.
• Tenancy agreement
• Council tax bills
• Electricity bills 3 months
• BT bills 6 months
• TV licence up to date licence printout from online
• Water bills x2 (fresh & waste)
• Photos and birds eye view floor planner

Section 4: Relationship Evidence:
• Marriage certificate (original and copy)
• Divorce Decree of Absolute.
• Original copy of my own birth certificate( could not find my one from birth so obtained an official copy from Portsmouth registry office)
• SU07/12 Sponsorship undertaking form (was unsure if to fill this out )
• 3x Flight confirmations, e tickets, boarding passes
• Azimo receipts of money sent only small like (£25 here or there)
• 3x scanned Nigeria visa pages of my passport, and my data pages.
• Hotel confirmation and receipts for shoprite, pharmacy and cinema.
• Mobile phone top ups sent to hubbys mobile since June 2014, once a month.
• Rebtel Call logs from 10th July 2014-12th November 2015
• WhatsApp chat history from July 2015- Nov 2015 ( new phone in July so backed up by Facebook chats)
• Facebook inbox messages from June 2014-August 2015
• photos form each time I have traveled to Nigeria (3 times) including some wedding photos

3. Do i have to scan/send my TB results before she sends her documents to Sheffield??
this is not mandatory however i went to Nigeria just before we made the application and added copies of everything hubby had to supply.

NOTE for any documents you want to have returned I.E marriage certificate add copies for all you want returning.
and hubby got this enail after applying...

The documents should be arranged in this order:relationship documents; maintenance documents(Financial); accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

Hope this helps smiley

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:15am On Nov 27, 2015
Oluebbie:

Thanks so much. This definitely helped. One quick question, we want her to stay for the period of her visa(6 months). should we write that she is staying for 6 months in invitation letter or a shorter period? Since we said she is just coming to see and welcome her new grandchild.

I asked my Hubby's uncle he said she can stay 5 months 3 weeks, and they didn't specify how long that his sister would stay, she has come many times and is now on her 2 yr visit visa now and has always come for 5 months +

he said the key is to not overstay smiley

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:21am On Nov 27, 2015
mfonox:
Thanks a lot funlover1. I wish I found this forum too. The truth is I don't know if I can get a lawyer to draft an agreement for the people involved as I only really know about one or 2 of them. The coordinator is my landlord. Do u think d option of issuing receipts is OK? I'll be sure to do a detailed cover letter this time. Thank u

Lawyers are nothing but ripoff merchants, everything is available online, I would never use a Lawyer, alot of them are not updated on the new changes and give incorrect advice, as they have to few people i know who was exempt but wasnt advised about it.

Ask here all you like trust me you will be glad you did smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:32am On Nov 27, 2015
Ewilliam2015:
Hello everyone I want to apply for uk visa for Xmas vacation pls how can I make hotel reservation and how can I write intinary?

Use booking.com and book a free cancellation hotel pick one you would likely like to stay, and within your budget as per your your bank balance etc

this can then be cancelled should you be denied.

for flight search a flight and then screen shot it so to give you a price guide when to put on your application.

And remember no unusual credits to your bank account known as money lodgement unless you can prove its origin smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lloyd1000: 4:18am On Nov 27, 2015
salsera:
@justwise
I could have sworn I saw pre1983 in his post.

@salsa. I actually said post 1983. My Nigerian passport has always said born in the UK and I've used those details to travel to a few other country's. Even though I have both my birth cerificates, I've never been crazy about relocating from Nigeria. Am a proud Nigerian and am quite comfortable here. It would be pathetic if being born in thr UK would reduce my chances for a visa. I just never saw any reason why I should lie about my place of birth and am only applying for a UK visa now because its work related.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aibisoye: 5:57am On Nov 27, 2015
Keep your fingers crossed. Puting place of birth as UK rings lots of alarm. They will be thinking if you have family there that you didn't declare etc. Let's hope for the best anyways.

Like I said earlier, Till date I never claimed born in UK in any of my applications. I always put my naija birth certificate. I've lived here all my life and I don't intend migrating to the UK, to do what nkwa?

lloyd1000:

@salsa. I actually said post 1983. My Nigerian passport has always said born in the UK and I've used those details to travel to a few other country's. Even though I have both my birth cerificates, I've never been crazy about relocating from Nigeria. Am a proud Nigerian and am quite comfortable here. It would be pathetic if being born in thr UK would reduce my chances for a visa. I just never saw any reason why I should lie about my place of birth and am only applying for a UK visa now because its work related.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by liliana(f): 9:17am On Nov 27, 2015
mfonox:
Good day Justwise and other good people in the house. Thank you all for your help and support for others. I will appreciate your advice on my visa application.

I applied for visa on the 28th of Oct and i was refused a 6 months visa application on the 15th of Nov. Reason for refusal was that I stated in my application my net salary of 200k+ which I supported with pay slips, bank statement etc. However they notice that on the 5th of October there was a cash deposit of 1.5m which I didn't explain the source therefore they are not convinced that that money is available for my use.

The 1.5m was contribution I was doing with a total of 10 other pple at 150k per month and it was my turn to collect end of September.

I want to know how best to explain the contribution. In my statement. They will notice a monthly direct debit of 150k to a particular person. That person is in charge of collating all d money and paying to d person whose turn it is to collect. And it was that same person that returned the 1.5m to me less 5k for admin services so he paid 1495000 on d 5th of Oct. I plan to print my statement from January to highlight the contributions.

As at date of application the balance in my account was about 1.2m

Since after application, I have spent some of the money. 357 on rent. I loaned first 150k to my cousin then another 80k which will be highlighted in d statement and she will pay back this month end.

Closing balance as at today is about 500k. I want to reapply after this month end. After my salary, refund of 230k from my cousin and a little bonus I am expecting I should have a little over 1m.

Im sorry this is a bit lengthy. I just want to know how best to explain d 1495000. Apart from highlighting in my statement the transfers. The guy in charge of collation has a personal biz. Is it OK if he issues me receipts monthly for collection of 150k to attach to my application?

I hope the 230k from my cousin will not be considered lodgement if I highlight the transfers of 150k and later 80k

My sister in law has also sent me 400k one time in april. And another 800k in July to help pay for some goods for her. Altho it wasn't raised as an issue b4 should I still explain it?

I operate a single account for both salary and every other transaction so there are soo many transactions on the account. Do I need to explain every single money that entered my account since January. Or just maybe the ones say over a certain amount.

I plan to submit again first week in December. Thank u for your kind assistance.

Once again I apologise for d length of my enquiry.
Hi there,
I would suggest you explain the lodgement of N1.5 as the ECO couldn't understand how you got such money with an income of 150k. My brother had similar situation and all he did was explain the contribution in the additional information section of the form. He got his visa within a week. All the best!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by novicee(m): 10:48am On Nov 27, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Thanks Portsmouth86, Oreskid said 'other two forms asides d online form'. just for further clarity, are these the other two forms? or do i just need the VAF4 Appendix 2 alongside the online pre-filled form i have attached a screen shot.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Oreskid: 11:00am On Nov 27, 2015
@ Novicee, those are the two forms u need with ur online form. That's all u need. Hope it's help

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by novicee(m): 11:14am On Nov 27, 2015
Oreskid:
@ Novicee, those are the two forms u need with ur online form. That's all u need. Hope it's help

Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 11:55am On Nov 27, 2015
Kevinoh:

No, not yet. I contacted them via their TLS contact link and they sent me a mail that their local team is doing some further investigation. Meanwhile the graduation ceremony I was to attend is for today.

I don't understand how they are still investigating whatever after I got a mail on the 11th from shefield saying a decision has been made.

Please guys, is this normal?
How far? Have u heard from TLScontact
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2015
[quote author=lloyd1000 post=40443944]

@salsa. I actually said post 1983. My Nigerian passport has always said born in the UK and I've used those details to travel to a few other country's. Even though I have both my birth cerificates, I've never been crazy about relocating from Nigeria. Am a proud Nigerian and am quite comfortable here. It would be pathetic if being born in thr UK would reduce my chances for a visa. I just never saw any reason why I should lie about my place of birth and am only applying for a UK visa now because its work related.[/quote

Just stick to the truth you know that's all
your birth certificate is not a red flag and although it earns you no privileges its not a reason for denial.

Your application is work related so that in itself is a tie to Nigeria.
All the best]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mmo1: 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2015
Good afternoon gurus, I got the mail below from TLScontact last week Friday 20/11/2015 but I have not received any mail for collection,
I don't know what is going on

TLScontact <noreply@tlscontact.com> 20 Nov (7 days ago)

Reference: GWF*********

Dear ******* ***** ,

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veecee29: 5:16pm On Nov 27, 2015
Hi guys,
UKVI received my application on the 25th of November and up until now,my TLS account have not been updated.Is this normal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vuitton007: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2015
veecee29:
Hi guys,
UKVI received my application on the 25th of November and up until now,my TLS account have not been updated.Is this normal?

Same issue too, got a mail from them on the 25th at 11:10am that Sheffield is in receipt and nothing has been updated,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2015
aibisoye:
Keep your fingers crossed. Puting place of birth as UK rings lots of alarm. They will be thinking if you have family there that you didn't declare etc. Let's hope for the best anyways.

Like I said earlier, Till date I never claimed born in UK in any of my applications. I always put my naija birth certificate. I've lived here all my life and I don't intend migrating to the UK, to do what nkwa?

How does that work? Using Nigerian birth certificate while you were born in the UK?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:39pm On Nov 27, 2015
novicee:

Thanks Portsmouth86, Oreskid said 'other two forms asides d online form'. just for further clarity, are these the other two forms? or do i just need the VAF4 Appendix 2 alongside the online pre-filled form i have attached a screen shot.

Personal Details Form (VAF4A December 2013) Family Settlement Application Form This is the one you fill out when applying online via visa4uk, once submitted you then print the application form and sign it in two places. (you do NOT need the one you see in your screenshot)

Appendix 2 (VAF 4A December 2013) Financial Requirement Form This one you DO need to print and manually fill out, most of which is information you need from your Wife and send it along with the application form you printed from the visa4uk portal after you have submitted it online.

Regards

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2015
Oreskid:

Personal Details Form (VAF4A December 2013) Family Settlement Application Form

Is not needed in addition to the one you filled out online and printed after submission, this is just that on paper form.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by maddock(m): 11:52am On Nov 28, 2015
Good people of the house,

Renewal of uk visa for 2years, is it the process like the same as applying online for the 6months or there is a special drop box renewal method?

Would appreciate response.

Thanks.

Cc:Justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
maddock:
Good people of the house,

Renewal of uk visa for 2years, is it the process like the same as applying online for the 6months or there is a special drop box renewal method?

Would appreciate response.

Thanks.

Cc:Justwise.

Same process, no drop box method
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by juniremix: 12:20pm On Nov 28, 2015
My appointment date is on 2nd December for Tier 4 general . I need an urgent response cos I have numerous questions to ask.

(1) how many photocopies do I need to make my documents?

(2) the consent letter from my parents to use their money while in UK. Who did you address the letter to? And in what format should the letter be ( hand written, on a letter headed paper or on a plain sheet?

(3) how was your experience at TLS office during submission of documents, interview and after submission?

(4) for those of you that didn't use priority visa service, how long did yours took before you received it?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amarise: 2:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
@frontpagelawyer
please I want to know if I am filling the right form before submission. I want to visit my uncle and he has sent me his required details.I have made my reservation cos I won't be staying with him during my holiday. I used this link www.visa4uk.fco. uk but when I got to his details I chose other relative ( abi na brother) and is it right if I put expedia's email as the email of the hotel ( peckham logde). tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
amarise:
@frontpagelawyer
please I want to know if I am filling the right form before submission. I want to visit my uncle and he has sent me his required details.I have made my reservation cos I won't be staying with him during my holiday. I used this link www.visa4uk.fco. uk but when I got to his details I chose other relative ( abi na brother) and is it right if I put expedia's email as the email of the hotel ( peckham logde). tnx

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

Uncle is a relative.

If you're unsure of the hotel's email address, call them for the right details. I have done that once.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sisiyen: 9:07am On Nov 29, 2015
I was issued a UK visa to travel for xmas...My brother wants me to travel with her 2yrs old daughter to see our aunt in London. We are yet to fill her application online. Which is the best way to apply for her visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2015
Sisiyen:
I was issued a UK visa to travel for xmas...My brother wants me to travel with her 2yrs old daughter to see our aunt in London. We are yet to fill her application online. Which is the best way to apply for her visa?

You will have to provide VERY STRONG PROOF of why your brother is lending you a two year old child to take to another country.
You will have to reassure the visa officer and also point of entry people that you are not people trafficking with the child.
Also why you are traveling with such a young child and are not the parent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
Sisiyen:
Your brother will need to obtain visa for her first. To travel with the baby get a notarized letter from the baby parent, stating that they aware and approve the trip. Let them attached photocopy of the data page of their passports to the notarized letter as a form of ID. If possible both parent should accompany you to airport.
In 2010 I was traveling with 2 of my kids to US. Immigration at Lagos airport delayed me until they got consent of my wife. She came to the airport, they asked my kids to identify her. They are doing this because of child trafficking.
Your case is different because you are not the kid's father, also the age of the baby in question. Because in Naija we see people selling their biological kids.
As for me I will not do it because it doesn't make sense, even with the parent consent they might still see it as child trafficking, may be the parent want to sell the baby. You need to becarefull.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sunny4Gold: 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2015
Sisiyen:
Just don't do it. It's risky
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tinglesbabe: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
HI all Gurus....Justwise FBL and anyone who can help. please i'm having difficulties filling the income and expenditure section for myself and my daughter .

my daughter is an infant so they don't really charge airfare even if they do its like 61pounds.

estimate for 10days

the cost of airplane, boat or train- 705
the cost of your accommodation- 487
the cost of living expense- 600

note the above expense is for myself and my daughter, my major problem now is how to fill my daughters form. her air fare is part of the amount i stated but when its broken down its like 61 pounds, my daughter will stay in same room with me and the 600 living expense is for the two of us. how do i fill the income and expenditure section for both of us. fast response will be appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sisiyen: 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

Your brother will need to obtain visa for her first. To travel with the baby get a notarized letter from the baby parent, stating that they aware and approve the trip. Let them attached photocopy of the data page of their passports to the notarized letter as a form of ID. If possible both parent should accompany you to airport.
In 2010 I was traveling with 2 of my kids to US. Immigration at Lagos airport delayed me until they got consent of my wife. She came to the airport, they asked my kids to identify her.
They are doing this because of child trafficking.
Your case is different because you are not the kid's father, also the age of the baby in question. Because in Naija we see people selling their biological kids.
As for me I will not do it because it doesn't make sense, even with the parent consent they might still see it as child trafficking, may be the parent want to sell the baby. You need to becarefull.

Thanks. They better apply with der baby. So i told them. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sisiyen: 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

Just don't do it. It's risky

Yes. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.