Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524216 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:29pm On Aug 22, 2017
TatPat:

so sorry for this unwanted outcome, what @ekpotek said is true, apply for your son's British passport here in Nigeria, if not, they wouldn't grant him a visa since they know he is entitled to a British passport.

Maybe the poser is naive about UK immigration laws. His son is technically a British Citizen even though he was born in Nigeria after the father must have acquired his own citizenship. He can be registered as a British Citizen if born before his father become a UK citizen since he still under 18 years. However, his son is not entitle to a British passport if his father aquired his own citizenship by registration. I advise the poster to go read about British Citizenship by birth!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dayosaba: 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2017
ekpotek:

Maybe the poser is naive about UK immigration laws. His son is technically a British Citizen even though he was born in Nigeria after the father must have acquired his own citizenship. He can be registered as a British Citizen if born before his father become a UK citizen since he still under 18 years. However, his son is not entitle to a British passport if his father aquired his own citizenship by registration. I advise the poster to go read about British Citizenship by birth!

The exact reason why i didn't apply for him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dayosaba: 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2017
Brightingsus:

Hello sir, was your UK host (your sister) called by the ECO? The UK sponsors are usually called...

She actually didn't receive any call
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shugachris: 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
AmbivertMe:
I applied for 6months UK visit visa (standard service) since May 17th and i am yet to get a response since then.
I called the UKVI about 3weeks ago,they said application not yet decided. Pls those who have called to escalate,what/how do u tell them to escalate it once an agent picks the call?(did the escalation get them to decide application on time,within how many days) Travel date has passed and i am first timer. This is becoming depressing,pls help!!!

my own is since April 4th. ���
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 3:07am On Aug 23, 2017
shugachris:

Unbelievable, its getting to 5 months now. Are u sure something is not wrong somewhere?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 7:17am On Aug 23, 2017
shugachris:

You kidding me? What have you done about it? The UKVI published response time on visit visa applications is a maximum of 60 working days. If you submitted on 4th April then UKVI must have made a decision on your application by 29th June. Yours is way beyond that.

I'm not sure what actions you have taken, but you need to push this , contact the help line and insist this gets escalated and ask that UKVI contacts you with an update on your application. If you are visiting a family member in the UK, ask them to contact the home office.

UKVI service standard is ridiculous especially towards certain 3rd world countries. I thought changes are made to a process for improved service and not for degraded level of service.

Be mindful. I just hope they haven't misplaced your application .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 23, 2017
Hello brightingsus, just finished compiling the list and sent to Nigeria, had to wait over 2 weeks before I got bank statement from uk bank. I will fill the form this weekend. Will keep you posted. Tnx a lot for the list. It was detailed.
Brightingsus:

You can send originals, no harm in that. But the thing there is TLS does not send the actual hard copy documents to UKVI, but all documents would be scanned by them and sent to UKVI as soft copies, so the applicant gets the hard copy documents back.

Remember, all documents that are not in A4 MUST be photocopied (preferably in colour if u can). The copies are the ones TLS would scan. So if you have smaller or larger documents than a standard A4, you must make a photocopy of each, e.g. Marriage certificate that can be longer or birth certificate that can be shorter. If you have pictures you must copy them as well into A4.

Owing to the fact that the documents would be scanned, if you can; send originals as the originals would have the clearest quality when scanned. Otherwise a clear coloured photocopy is still ok.

Personally I sent originals apart from documents i included later after sending the originals to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:26am On Aug 23, 2017
KemBee86:
Hello brightingsus, just finished compiling the list and sent to Nigeria, had to wait over 2 weeks before I got bank statement from uk bank. I will fill the form this weekend. Will keep you posted. Tnx a lot for the list. It was detailed.

Alright, good job!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by amehrada: 10:46am On Aug 23, 2017
AmbivertMe:
I applied for 6months UK visit visa (standard service) since May 17th and i am yet to get a response since then.
I called the UKVI about 3weeks ago,they said application not yet decided. Pls those who have called to escalate,what/how do u tell them to escalate it once an agent picks the call?(did the escalation get them to decide application on time,within how many days) Travel date has passed and i am first timer. This is becoming depressing,pls help!!!
I'm in the same situation as you. Applied for family visit visa 6months on June 3, did biometrics on June 12. Though decision has been made since June 28 but I'm yet to get my passport back. I've called the home office 3x for escalation to no avail, I've been to the VAC, i was told not ready then I went to the embassy at walter carrington, the lady who attended to me said she can confirm a decision has been made but the passport is not ready for dispatch. Since then I've called home office twice for escalation. I applied with my stepmom, both decisions were made the same day. She got her passport back July 7(she's back from the trip sef). Mind you I'm a first timer and she's not. I nor even know wetin to do again other than to just dey wait. These people fit don lost some passports
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
dayosaba:

The exact reason why i didn't apply for him.

Are you confirming that your UK citizenship was by Registration and not Naturalization or Birth?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AmbivertMe: 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
Wow,your decision has even bn made and they are refusing to send your passport!!! This is inefficiency on their part!! I called them to escalate and i was told i will be gotten back to within 10working days. The lady that picked was like,"since may,this has taken too long,will escalate your application" I am hoping to get a response soon but will still like to know if there is anyone that escalated application and got a decision some (3-5)days after calling
amehrada:
I'm in the same situation as you. Applied for family visit visa 6months on June 3, did biometrics on June 12. Though decision has been made since June 28 but I'm yet to get my passport back. I've called the home office 3x for escalation to no avail, I've been to the VAC, i was told not ready then I went to the embassy at walter carrington, the lady who attended to me said she can confirm a decision has been made but the passport is not ready for dispatch. Since then I've called home office twice for escalation. I applied with my stepmom, both decisions were made the same day. She got her passport back July 7(she's back from the trip sef). Mind you I'm a first timer and she's not. I nor even know wetin to do again other than to just dey wait. These people fit don lost some passports
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AmbivertMe: 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hmmm..i have called for escalation,this is the first time i tried though,waiting for a positive response, u should try and call the UKVI for escalation.
shugachris:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2017
This is serious.
AmbivertMe:
Hmmm..i have called for escalation,this is the first time i tried though,waiting for a positive response, u should try and call the UKVI for escalation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2017
Dear Nairalanders,

I'm really at my wit's end with these UKVI people. I applied since June 23rd, and after several calls and escalations, still no decision as at Friday afternoon. So I jejely asked to withdraw (Cancel) my application and have my passport returned to me ASAP as I have an impending trip by mid next week. The lady categorically confirmed that my passport should be back by end of this week (It should be simple now, just close my file and return my passport). So as e don reach dis afternoon and I haven't got an email to confirm that my application has been cancelled or my passport on it's way back, I decided to call them just to double check things. And to my utter amazement, this new person now says that I have to wait for 10 working days. Okay. Then I enquired about the status of my application and they said it is still awaiting decision. I was like, but I CANCELLED my application ALREADY! I just want my passport back.. She then said if I want to complain I need to call another number. I called the number and the person that picked said that they can only talk about UK citizens and dependants and nothing else.

Please has anyone had any such experience as this? Any reason why after 3-4 days of withdrawing/cancelling, my application is still awaiting a decision? And please, what do you advise I do next? I need my passport back ASAP. Not being able to travel to the UK due to this delay has cost me a lot already. I can't afford to miss my next journey.

Kindly advise. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
Eleyi gidigan ooo all in all you still have to wait I won't be surprise if they eventually give you the visa
ddonsly:
Dear Nairalanders,

I'm really at my wit's end with these UKVI people. I applied since June 23rd, and after several calls and escalations, still no decision as at Friday afternoon. So I jejely asked to withdraw (Cancel) my application and have my passport returned to me ASAP as I have an impending trip by mid next week. The lady categorically confirmed that my passport should be back by end of this week (It should be simple now, just close my file and return my passport). So as e don reach dis afternoon and I haven't got an email to confirm that my application has been cancelled or my application on it's way back, I decided to call them just to double check things. And to my utter amazement, this new person now says that I have to wait for 10 working days. Okay. Then I enquired about the status of my application and they said it is still awaiting decision. I was like, but I CANCELLED my application ALREADY! I just want my passport back.. She then said if I want to complain I need to call another number.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wrongnumber: 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2017
shugachris:

This can't be true.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by toscott: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
[quote author=ddonsly post=59753175]Dear Nairalanders,

I'm really at my wit's end with these UKVI people. I applied since June 23rd, and after several calls and escalations, still no decision as at Friday afternoon. So I jejely asked to withdraw (Cancel) my application and have my passport returned to me ASAP as I have an impending trip by mid next week. The lady categorically confirmed that my passport should be back by end of this week (It should be simple now, just close my file and return my passport). So as e don reach dis afternoon and I haven't got an email to confirm that my application has been cancelled or my application on it's way back, I decided to call them just to double check things. And to my utter amazement, this new person now says that I have to wait for 10 working days. Okay. Then I enquired about the status of my application and they said it is still awaiting decision. I was like, but I CANCELLED my application ALREADY! I just want my passport back.. She then said if I want to complain I need to call another number. I called the number and the person that picked said that they can only talk about UK citizens and dependants and nothing else.

Please has anyone had any such experience as this? Any reason why after 3-4 days of withdrawing/cancelling, my application is still awaiting a decision? And please, what do you advise I do next? I need my passport back ASAP. Not being able to travel to the UK due to this delay has cost me a lot already. I can't afford to miss my next journey.

Seriously!!! Since all d passports are at d embassy, should this be a problem? Maybe you should go to Walter Carrington at the Embassy if possible. This UKVI thing is just very depressing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sandraa(f): 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2017
i think this unnecessary visa delay thing and holding on to passport by the UKVI should be reported to the ministry of foreign affairs so they can address the issue. or at least give explanation.
the one that one pays for phone calls and email and still nothing is done seems to me as a fraud or belittling people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by graceode: 5:31pm On Aug 23, 2017
Good evening house. Please how can I get to TLS office in Ikeja from Ibadan. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
graceode:
Good evening house. Please how can I get to TLS office in Ikeja from Ibadan. Thanks

From Oshodi get on a bus going to ikeja. From ikeja get on another bus going to Maryland and tell the driver you're going to ABULE bustop. You then cross to the other side you'll see Etiebet building.

That is how easy I can think of
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2017
please I am requested to bring this for my passport pick and I want to go tomorrow.

If collecting yourself:
Your Application Checklist
Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID.

my question is. Which one is Original Photographic ID? and which one is Copy of your Photographic ID?

please explain @ brightingsus Tatpat Ekpotek justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
Infiosa:

Very correct, u cannot rule out the fact that the volume of applications from Nigeria is alot higher than Tanzania. However, each application is treated with its own uniqueness and specifics. I applied alongside a friend of mine on 31st July and my application was decided on 14th August while my friend's was decided on 16th August. I got a decision mail from TLS today. In a nutshell, each application is treated with its own uniqueness. Less I forget , my friend is a 1st timer applicant.
Hello people, my friend got a mail for documents collection from TLS today but she has lost check list slip she was given during d biometrics. What can she do to get her document at TLS ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2017
McGibson:
please I am requested to bring this for my passport pick and I want to go tomorrow.

If collecting yourself:
Your Application Checklist
Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID.

my question is. Which one is Original Photographic ID? and which one is Copy of your Photographic ID?

please explain @ brightingsus Tatpat Ekpotek justwise.

Photographic ID is a form of ID that has your face on it, for eg a drivers licence. I can't say your passport as you don't have it. The original photographic ID is the actual ID. Make a photocopy of it and go with the photocopy and the original. Also do not forget the checklist you got from the biometrics appointment.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
Infiosa:

Hello people, my friend got a mail for documents collection from TLS today but she has lost check list slip she was given during d biometrics. What can she do to get her document at TLS ?

Without that checklist they won't attend to you, that's why they stress YOU MUST KEEP IT SAFE.

To get her passport back, she must go to court and swear affidavit. With affidavit, they will release the passport to her.

When I invited my wife, though on a spouse/settlement visa, she was to send me the documents from her side so I could send all to Sheffield, she sent me her checklist from Nigeria in error. But she made a photocopy of the checklist, she went to TLS with the checklist photocopy and they refused and insisted she got affidavit from court. Then she rushed off to obtain it. She was given her passport after she presented a sworn affidavit that the checklist was misplaced.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uptown17: 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2017
dear house,
my friend told me his passport has not been returned since may 3. he once got an email saying his application was not straight forward.
he has called the UK line(s) given to him after complaining at TLS, the receiver promised to escalate.
please can someone advise further on what further steps could be taken

thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2017
uptown17:
dear house,
my friend told me his passport has not been returned since may 3. he once got an email saying his application was not straight forward.
he has called the UK line(s) given to him after complaining at TLS, the receiver promised to escalate.
please can someone advise further on what further steps could be taken

thank you

Has the applicant confirmed that a decision has been made on their application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by drgodson: 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2017
Gurus in the house, I hail thee.

I've reapplied for my EEA FP (non-settlement, standard)...
Timeline so far;

July 18... Biometrics @ TLS ikeja
July 29... Application received @ UK decision centre ( from Sheffield)
August 4... Application processing not straightforward ( from Sheffield)

Since then, i'v been playing the waiting game and praying fervently.
I'v gone through threads where a lot has been discussed about Escalating the process either by calling the H.O in Sheffield directly or via email.
Pls I need opinions and advices on what next to do. It's already 27 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by uptown17: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
we are to use the GWF to search right? if so it says the number isnt recognized

Brightingsus:

Has the applicant confirmed that a decision has been made on their application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lightdream: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
Pls what is expected of app submitted snce 8th of June . all day tracking is still nt recognised.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by graceode: 10:40pm On Aug 23, 2017
Thanks themusketeer. Please can I get That same Ikeja bus from Berger?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by irenmwinfo(m): 10:55pm On Aug 23, 2017
Please house I just want to start first by processing my passport. This is my first time. How much can I secure passport 32pages and 64 pages respectively in Benin city Edo state immigration office ? What documents is required to go along with for processing ?

Another question I need answer to is What documents do I need to prepare for processing of UKVI ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2017
graceode:
Thanks themusketeer. Please can I get That same Ikeja bus from Berger?

I'm not sure. But most likely you should

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.