Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524441 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
Thank you.
Brightingsus:

Try this one, though seems there might not be much activity there...

https://www.nairaland.com/3159272/italy-visit-visa-delay/3#59885779
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
ekpotek:

Yes I agree. However, the OP question is to spend 2 days in the UK visiting family while transiting to the US? That is what I have addressed that OP will need a visa.

Ok i get your point now, that will not work, transit visa is definitely needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!
I HAVE FINALLY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION. INITIALLY IT LOOKS difficult BUT I THINK ITS THE SIMPLEST SO FAR!
I WISH TO COME BACK SAME HERE TO CHEER THE GOOD NEWS

ONE MORE THING MY PEOPLE, AFTER I HAVE SUBMITTED MY UK APPLICATION AND HAVE BOOKED APPOINTMENT AND REGISTERED WITH TLS. DO I HAVE ANY OTHER THING THAT IS EXPECTED OF TO DO??
IT VERY IMPORTANT SO THAT I WILL NOT DELAY MY INTERVIEW.
BIKO I NEED UNA QUICK RESPONSE OOOOOOO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hohia: 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2017
What a trash. I invited someone to come visit me here in the UK. Appointment was on the 14th of July. I have been called on the[b] 26th of July[/b] and spoke with whoever about the invitation and all the Sh*t. I have done email enquiry on the 23rd of August and got a reply two days after asking if I want it escalated and all the bullsh*t. Then they went dead.

What an insult after taking one's money and treating them like a piece of rubbish. I have had to keep everything on hold (annual leave, travel plans etc) waiting for the outcome of this application. Its horrible. Absolutely horrible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
Abeg elders and gurus please what's ur opinion. ..before I go submit rubbish

oloolo:
Please how does this budget looK on my 2 year visa application
Airplane ..700 Gbp
Accommodation. ..500 Gbp (10 night)
Living expenses. ...350 GBP
Amount available for trip....1600 Gbp
Current salary 440k naira (about 950 gbp per month)
Am going to Edinburgh Scotland for vacation

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Joyce27: 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2017
My husband applied since 20th of June to come and visit for 2 weeks, I called home office three times and escalate his application twice. the second escalation was made 3 weeks ago we are still waiting for update.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lamide123: 1:44pm On Sep 05, 2017
Rachie83:
Please ladies and gentlemen kindly help me out on this, I and my husband will be going on vacation by november to the US but we want o use the opportunity to visit his sister in the UK briefly for may be 2days, can we get transit visa if we fly via airline that will pass through UK and how should we go about it? Thanks
An airport transit visas are for people who are transiting from one airport to his/her final destination. With transit visa you
cannot leave the transit area of the airport. If you are going to spend few hours outside the airport then you need regular/
standard visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sandraa(f): 1:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

ONE MORE THING MY PEOPLE, AFTER I HAVE SUBMITTED MY UK APPLICATION AND HAVE BOOKED APPOINTMENT AND REGISTERED WITH TLS. DO I HAVE ANY OTHER THING THAT IS EXPECTED OF TO DO??
IT VERY IMPORTANT SO THAT I WILL NOT DELAY MY INTERVIEW.
BIKO I NEED UNA QUICK RESPONSE OOOOOOO

Yeah make copy of all your non A4 document to submit e.g receipts , photos etc.
remove staple pins from all your documents.
you do not need to photocopy originals as all documents will be scanned and returned to you.
at the gate show them your appointment letter to be able to go in.
be at the gate 20 mnts before appointment time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hohia: 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hohia: 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Joyce27:
My husband applied since 20th of June to come and visit for 2 weeks, I called home office three times and escalate his application twice. the second escalation was made 3 weeks ago we are still waiting for update.

Its too poor. Has the ECO called you at all about the application? I applied for someone since 14th July and got a call on the 26th of August. That was it till now. Its shear wickedness.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AmbivertMe: 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
No response since after escalation,what is going on with these sheffield people. Wasting money calling with no solution. This is tiring. I can't afford to withdraw application 'cos of d unknown as a first timer�� Applied since May o.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
sandraa:

Yeah make copy of all your non A4 document to submit e.g receipts , photos etc.
remove staple pins from all your documents.
you do not need to photocopy originals as all documents will be scanned and returned to you.
at the gate show them your appointment letter to be able to go in.
be at the gate 20 mnts before appointment time.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
AFTER REGISTERING WITH TLS DO YOU BOOK ANY OTHER APPOINTMENT WITH THEM OR THE ONE ON YOUR APPLICATION COVERS IT
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2017
Good afternoon everyone.
Thank you for all the good work.
This may be off-topic but I was told I need to do legalization of my PCC at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Can it be done in Lagos? Or do I have to go to Abuja? Has anyone done this recently? Cost? A contact? I intend to do so ASAP.
Thank you

cc: justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Joyce27: 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
[quote author=hohia post=60156998]

Its too poor. Has the ECO called you at all about the application? I applied for someone since 14th July and got a call on the 26th of August. That was it till now. Its shear wickedness. [/quot

They called me around first week of July to confirm about his visiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sandraa(f): 3:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
AFTER REGISTERING WITH TLS DO YOU BOOK ANY OTHER APPOINTMENT WITH THEM OR THE ONE ON YOUR APPLICATION COVERS IT

the application appointment covers it.
after submission you should register on their website so you can track your application.
good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kayzuz: 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
good to see someone that feels the same way I feel. I will say it again, this ukvi service is really horrible; no matter what, people should not be treated this way alll for a visit visa

hohia:
What a trash. I invited someone to come visit me here in the UK. Appointment was on the 14th of July. I have been called on the[b] 26th of July[/b] and spoke with whoever about the invitation and all the Sh*t. I have done email enquiry on the 23rd of August and got a reply two days after asking if I want it escalated and all the bullsh*t. Then they went dead.

What an insult after taking one's money and treating them like a piece of rubbish. I have had to keep everything on hold (annual leave, travel plans etc) waiting for the outcome of this application. Its horrible. Absolutely horrible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by skybird1: 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hi guys...
Applied since June 20th..Nothing.
Business 6 months
Was supposed to travel on the 20th of Aug.
Eventually when they make the decision, when would the 6 months start counting.
Also, can I travel to Wales from England to see a family member for a few days with that Visa??

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xhib: 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2017
I have been in observer mode for only two months and I must say this is the most frustrating process I have ever encountered.

The sense of helplessness and nothing can be done.

I invited my parents for my wedding in mid August and the sent in their applications on the 26th of July. (We thought the process will take a couple of weeks as quoted on their website).

As it got closer to the wedding date,after 15 working days, I called and I was told their application has been escalated. I called again after 15 working days after the escalation and still nothing had happened. Instead the person, I was speaking to was trying to play around with dates and numbers.There were a few more escalation to the blackhole that is the home office and still nothing. To cut the story short my parents never made it to my wedding. I never got any calls or emails, I always checked my voicemails(I was told they leave a voicemail if they can't get hold of you)

A few other family members applied after my parents and all got their visa [Europe and Ghana]. For my Father in law, he applied late so I had to use the 5day decision(basically more money) and he got his visa and made it for the wedding.

I still decided to follow this up and called the UKVI again...still nothing and then I came to the realisation, that the support team are just an empty shell entity to distract from the actual team the processes the visa. he

I am aware that each application is unique but my wife and I used pretty much the same paper work for all our invitees.

1)They can't seem to chase up old escalations, but only create new ones.
2)They don't seem to have any info on anything other than the info on tls webpage.
3)The expense in contacting them via email or phone especially when one doesn't get anything useful from them.

I called them yet again early this week. The person I spoke to said he has been receiving a lot of calls from Ghana and Nigeria with everyone in a similar situation . He talked about escalation yet again

I am now on I think about 50 working days, basically another couple of weeks and we should be hitting 60working days since my parents made their application

So it begs the question , what exactly is going on in the home office ? and why are there so many delays
This seems to be unique to Nigeria, I haven't ever seem a visa process that takes this much time. At most it is 2 weeks for most places.

Are they overwhelmed or short staffed ? which I seriously doubt the summer hols are over and every one is back to work

Basically it seems they seen to want people to spend more money using the faster process which isn't right.

Good luck every one with your applications.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
skybird1:
Hi guys...
Business 6 months
Also, can I travel to Wales from England to see a family member for a few days with that Visa??

Cheers

Your visa date start counting on the date a decision is made. Yes you can use the visa to visit Wales since Wales is part of United Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aremso(m): 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2017
Dear Good People in the house,

My wife, kid and myself are planing to have our vacation in the uk but i have the following question to ask

1 How much should i have in my savings account cos i dont belive in putting money in the bank and just leave it?
2 I have share investements that worth about 6.2m, can i include it in the application?
3 I have RSA retirement saving account with IBTc that worth about 3m, can i include it in the application?
4 am financing a biz deal which the lawyer has drafted the agreement stamped and sealed about 7m can i include it in the application?

i asked the these questions cos i dont have much in my account am only expecting to take my contribution by dec and is 1m and also expecting a return of 1m from another biz finance deals in dec so i dont have much in my account.

5 do i tell pple to send money into my account then i will return it back
Also, my company is going to give me letter of introduction that will cover the 3 of us.

Sirs/ mas kindly help us with your wealth of experience

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:48pm On Sep 05, 2017
aremso:
Dear Good People in the house,

My wife, kid and myself are planing to have our vacation in the uk but i have the following question to ask

1 How much should i have in my savings account cos i dont belive in putting money in the bank and just leave it?
2 I have share investements that worth about 6.2m, can i include it in the application?
3 I have RSA retirement saving account with IBTc that worth about 3m, can i include it in the application?
4 am financing a biz deal which the lawyer has drafted the agreement stamped and sealed about 7m can i include it in the application?

i asked the these questions cos i dont have much in my account am only expecting to take my contribution by dec and is 1m and also expecting a return of 1m from another biz finance deals in dec so i dont have much in my account.

5 do i tell pple to send money into my account then i will return it back
Also, my company is going to give me letter of introduction that will cover the 3 of us.

Sirs/ mas kindly help us with your wealth of experience

1. The amount and bank statement you intend to use should have sufficient fund to cover the trip for 3 persons (hotel, flight tickets, local taxi/bus, feedings etc). Note there must be consistent in the statement over a period of 6 months. So I will suggest that you allow your bank balance to grow up to a reasonable amount. Keep all evidence of any potential large amount as you may need to provide an explanation about the fund
2. Yes, provided you can get your stock broker to give you a cover letter
3. Not necessary
4. No
5. No as that will be seen as money lodgement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
Darla:
Good afternoon everyone.
Thank you for all the good work.
This may be off-topic but I was told I need to do legalization of my PCC at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Can it be done in Lagos? Or do I have to go to Abuja? Has anyone done this recently? Cost? A contact? I intend to do so ASAP.
Thank you

cc: justwise

What is PCC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
justwise:

What is PCC?

Police Clearance Certificate...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sandraa(f): 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
xhib:
I have been in observer mode for only two months and I must say this is the most frustrating process I have ever encountered.

The sense of helplessness and nothing can be done.

I invited my parents for my wedding in mid August and the sent in their applications on the 26th of July. (We thought the process will take a couple of weeks as quoted on their website).

As it got closer to the wedding date,after 15 working days, I called and I was told their application has been escalated. I called again after 15 working days after the escalation and still nothing had happened. Instead the person, I was speaking to was trying to play around with dates and numbers.There were a few more escalation to the blackhole that is the home office and still nothing. To cut the story short my parents never made it to my wedding. I never got any calls or emails, I always checked my voicemails(I was told they leave a voicemail if they can't get hold of you)

A few other family members applied after my parents and all got their visa [Europe and Ghana]. For my Father in law, he applied late so I had to use the 5day decision(basically more money) and he got his visa and made it for the wedding.

I still decided to follow this up and called the UKVI again...still nothing and then I came to the realisation, that the support team are just an empty shell entity to distract from the actual team the processes the visa. he

I am aware that each application is unique but my wife and I used pretty much the same paper work for all our invitees.

1)They can't seem to chase up old escalations, but only create new ones.
2)They don't seem to have any info on anything other than the info on tls webpage.
3)The expense in contacting them via email or phone especially when one doesn't get anything useful from them.

I called them yet again early this week. The person I spoke to said he has been receiving a lot of calls from Ghana and Nigeria with everyone in a similar situation . He talked about escalation yet again

I am now on I think about 50 working days, basically another couple of weeks and we should be hitting 60working days since my parents made their application

So it begs the question , what exactly is going on in the home office ? and why are there so many delays
This seems to be unique to Nigeria, I haven't ever seem a visa process that takes this much time. At most it is 2 weeks for most places.

Are they overwhelmed or short staffed ? which I seriously doubt the summer hols are over and every one is back to work

Basically it seems they seen to want people to spend more money using the faster process which isn't right.

Good luck every one with your applications.

Same shoes with us ..... sisters wedding 26th of August. Applied 21st July. Sister called, emailed for escalation for where same story.
They should sha return person passport .
It's very heartless of them to make people miss important events.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iolo(m): 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hello All,

Please I need help.

I have filled an application on the website: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk

I intend travelling with my wife.

Do we apply seperately? or is there a way to add her to my application?

I selected the option that says if I'm travelling with anyone and provided her passport number. However, the visa amount of $121 I believe is just for a single 6-month visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
Iolo:
Hello All,

Please I need help.

I have filled an application on the website: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk

I intend travelling with my wife.

Do we apply seperately? or is there a way to add her to my application?

I selected the option that says if I'm travelling with anyone and provided her passport number. However, the visa amount of $121 I believe is just for a single 6-month visa.

You apply separately but have group biometrics appointment at TLS...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iolo(m): 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
Brightingsus:

You apply separately but have group biometrics appointment at TLS...

I see. Do we use the same supporting documents then ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hohia: 11:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
kayzuz:
good to see someone that feels the same way I feel. I will say it again, this ukvi service is really horrible; no matter what, people should not be treated this way alll for a visit visa

My dear, I am now planning to visit Naija instead. Would cost me less if the person visits me here. At least I don't' need a visa from UKVI to visit Naija. Shame on them cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hohia: 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2017
sandraa:

Same shoes with us ..... sisters wedding 26th of August. Applied 21st July. Sister called, emailed for escalation for where same story.
They should sha return person passport .
It's very heartless of them to make people miss important events.

I made same mistake contacting and paying for the email services which they responded to only once. I forgot that these their 'cash machine' call centres are crap. Same thing happened when I applied for my daughter's passport born in Nigeria. The call centre was like in Scotland while the processing office was in Newcastle. They only read information entered into the computer by the processing officer. So if nothing is entered into the computer in your case....... end of story.

Stop wasting your money in calls and emails and escalations. Its useless. They were only responding each time I called...'Your daughter's passport application is going through security checks'. It took some constant calls and use of certain desperate words to get my passport back to travel to Naija to see my new born baby. I had to drive down to their office in Newcastle a day before my travel date to collect my passport ( a journey of about 100 miles. Its absolutely ridiculous.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hohia: 11:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
skybird1:
Hi guys...
Business 6 months

Cheers

Wales, Scotland, England and Northern Ireland make up the United Kingdom. It's one country. As for when the visa will start counting, I wouldn't authoritatively say my dear. UKVI is the more you look, the less you see. Some people that applied for settlement here in the UK since July 2016 are still waiting. No emails, no information, nothing. Its so bad to treat humans as piece of object and still cry wolf about human rights!!!!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilez(f): 7:16am On Sep 06, 2017
Finally after 3months decision has been made. And to say the least, i tried using the UKVI site to check the status of application and the page is still saying reference number not recognised. Thanks to everyone for their contributions. For the waiters you will surely get yours.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 8:45am On Sep 06, 2017
Hello house.
I applied for a Tier 2 visa on 14/8/17. The application went through the whole TLS process. I got an email from Sheffield 10 days later that the application had been received.
I decided to make enquiries on the 15th working day(yesterday) and I was told a decision had been made since 01/09/2017 with my application dispatched to the VAC.
I have tracked the application on the TLS' website but the latest update is 'Application received'.
Is there a way to contact TLS about my application?
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.