Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523329 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kingspartner: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
toscott:
Hello house.
Please in applying for a tier 2 dependant visa for my family, how long must I have lived in a family accommodation before applying for them? I currently stay in a shared accommodation in the UK and I wish to apply for them early February next year. When would it be advisable to me to move into a family accommodation? Is there even a requirement for how long I must have stayed at a family accommodation(for instance a 2bedroom apartment for a family of 4)before applying to bring them?
Thank you all for the anticipated prompt responses.
I hope the gurus in the house will respond to this as am interested.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
babygirl91:
Good morning naira famly please help me review and advice me i just got a refual yesterday with just two reasons being that the uk person inviting me did not attach the evidence of sorce of money transferred to my accout which he now promised to attach and that the 300 pounds i planned for the trip was too small for me and my daughter which i think is true but i was naive feelinng the forn. please guide me on what to do because i want to reapply asap an bring the money to 1200 pounds hope i am safe or what shoul i doo
cc Justwise
cc Ekpotek
cc Brightingus
cc nairalanders

It's same thing we keep hammering about origin of funds. It's not all about loading one's account with funds. It's more important to explain the origin with evidence. I know sponsors in the UK would rather prefer to use international money transfer agents which give a better rate than banks and standard bureau de change. Same applies to me. But when a sponsor makes money transfer they must keep the receipts. The receipts would naturally bear the name and registered address of the agent, the name and address of the sender, the name and bank account of the beneficiary, the amount transferred in pounds and the value in naira and also the exchange rate as well as the date of the transaction. The agent is not an individual but an international money transfer company/outlet. I save all my receipts should I need them later. Even when I invited my mother inlaw who was not working and never worked, I included all receipts for monies sent to her from me. My bank statements showed withdrawal of the said sum. The receipts showed same figures being transferred to Nigeria. The same figures also reflected in her bank statements as deposits. So the money could be traced every step of the way. I explained all deposits in her account.

Find out if your sponsor has proof that they sent the money to you. Take the advise @Ekpotek gave on the budget for your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PropertyAsset: 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2017
Not all agents are professionals. Just be sure the one working on your application is a true profesional that knows his onions and do due deligence.
Best of luck sir.
babygirl91:
In addition to this, please note it was an agent dat filled the form for me, lessons learnt, those agents are some thing else, we have to be careful when using dem. still waiting for your advice on this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 18, 2017
For someone who has a registered business of less than 6 months apply for UK visa. What are the chances of getting the visa..

Someone is sending invite.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by babygirl91: 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
Thank you. NOTED
Brightingsus:

It's same thing we keep hammering about origin of funds. It's not all about loading one's account with funds. It's more important to explain the origin with evidence. I know sponsors in the UK would rather prefer to use international money transfer agents which give a better rate than banks and standard bureau de change. Same applies to me. But when a sponsor makes money transfer they must keep the receipts. The receipts would naturally bear the name and registered address of the agent, the name and address of the sender, the name and bank account of the beneficiary, the amount transferred in pounds and the value in naira and also the exchange rate as well as the date of the transaction. The agent is not an individual but an international money transfer company/outlet. I save all my receipts should I need them later. Even when I invited my mother inlaw who was not working and never worked, I included all receipts for monies sent to her from me. My bank statements showed withdrawal of the said sum. The receipts showed same figures being transferred to Nigeria. The same figures also reflected in her bank statements as deposits. So the money could be traced every step of the way. I explained all deposits in her account.

Find out if your sponsor has proof that they sent the money to you. Take the advise @Ekpotek gave on the budget for your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
buddiemm:
Good afternoon Justwise & Co. I applied for Administrative Review in September and I received a message from the Administrative Reviewer that they are currently conducting further checks on my application. Please what does this mean? I applied for Tier 5 charity worker visa which was refused because the ECO said my sponsor does not provide the mission statement of the charity and also that my sponsor did not confirm I am not filling a permanent position but I submitted employment letter that confirms a temporary appointment. Thanks
Please house respond.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shawnbose: 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
Just to share my timeline

I applied for My Tier 2 dependant visa on the 26th of September almost immediately after previous refusal due to (wrong type of visa).

Got decision made mail from TLS 17th October
Colllection mail from TLS 17th October

Picked up visa this morning with 30days vignette starting from 12/10/17- 11/11/17

I hope this helps someone as I noticed no thread is availabe for TIER 2 Applicant

Documents attached:
Sponsor
Brp copy
COS
3 months bank statement
6months payslips
Stamp of visits to nigeria only this year
Letter form employer
Prove of accomodation and consent letter from landlord

My document
Birth certificate ( not necessary but I included)
tuberculosis test
Recent passport
Affidavit of change of name
Master certificate from uk( not compulsory but I added)
Marriage certificate
Copies of previous visas/stamp and passport
Letter from family members attesting to our marriage
Phone calls bill from uk
Watsapp chat ( text format)
50 pictures of us together prior to, during and after wedding
Hotel bookings
Travel ticket within uk to show prove of us visiting each other
And a well detailed cover letter ... I didn't address the refusal in the cover letter but mentioned it in my application form .

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ademidun1: 9:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
Shawnbose:

I applied for My Tier 2 dependant visa on the 26th of September almost immediately after previous refusal due to (wrong type of visa).

Picked up visa this morning with 30days vignette starting from 12/10/17- 11/11/17

I hope this helps someone as I noticed no thread is availabe for TIER 2 Applicant

Documents attached:
Sponsor
Brp copy
3 months bank statement
6months payslips
Letter form employer

My document
tuberculosis test
Marriage certificate
Copies of previous visas and stamp
Phone calls bill from uk
Hotel bookings
And a well detailed cover letter ... I didn't address the refusal in the cover letter but mentioned it in my application form .

Congratulations!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shawnbose: 5:51am On Oct 19, 2017
Ademidun1:

Congratulations!!

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by babygirl91: 7:24am On Oct 19, 2017
Sorry to bother you again please. What about where the ECO talked about my monthly spend. Is he trying to say it's too small? I need clarification on that part
Brightingsus:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by toscott: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2017
toscott:
Hello house.
Please in applying for a tier 2 dependant visa for my family, how long must I have lived in a family accommodation before applying for them? I currently stay in a shared accommodation in the UK and I wish to apply for them early February next year. When would it be advisable to me to move into a family accommodation? Is there even a requirement for how long I must have stayed at a family accommodation(for instance a 2bedroom apartment for a family of 4)before applying to bring them?
Abeg make una respond nah! Abeg.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2017
toscott:
Hello house.

There is no time limit for that, you can move in today, get your bills running so as to use them for the visa application, I guess to get all the bills sorted and get the papers will take about a month then you can apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olalekan551: 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
I was refuse UK visa September 2017 due to my statement of account the not reflect my salary entries...am planning to re apply next year...But i have another additional income which I got paid in cash daily ..which I deposit it into my account ..How will I explain to the Eco about the deposited money...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
babygirl91:
Sorry to bother you again please. What about where the ECO talked about my monthly spend. Is he trying to say it's too small? I need clarification on that part

The ECO did not say your monthly spend was too little nor extravagant. The ECO, while refusing an application, would normally reiterate the important factors of an application such that they and the applicant are on the same page. They would hit the main points of an application before going ahead to emphasise their concerns.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
Justwise please respond. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2017
buddiemm:
Good afternoon Justwise & Co. I applied for Administrative Review in September and I received a message from the Administrative Reviewer that they are currently conducting further checks on my application. Please what does this mean? I applied for Tier 5 charity worker visa which was refused because the ECO said my sponsor does not provide the mission statement of the charity and also that my sponsor did not confirm I am not filling a permanent position but I submitted employment letter that confirms a temporary appointment. Thanks

It means exactly that, they are doing investigation surrounding your application refusal, this could include..the charity organization employing you, documents you submitted etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2017
Olalekan551:
I was refuse UK visa September 2017 due to my statement of account the not reflect my salary entries...am planning to re apply next year...But i have another additional income which I got paid in cash daily ..which I deposit it into my account ..How will I explain to the Eco about the deposited money...

Why is your salary not reflecting in your salary account?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olalekan551: 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
my company transfer the funds into my account without writing description of the money...but since I was refuse they started putting the description..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missingribs: 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
Good day all,I hope you're all having a stressfree day?
am a single mother I want to apply for a 4weeks tourist visa in march with my child,I intend getting d following document:
Hotel reservation
Introduction letter from where I work
Confirmation letter
Letter of leave
Pay slip
Bank account 6month balance of 1,200,000
change of ownership of landed property (deed)
But I need advice on 2things.
1.in my place of work due to financial challenges for some time now salary comes late and it cash payment.so my statement will not reflect salary but cash deposit by me.in D's situation wat do I do.
2.my passport is a vigirn passport.
@inphoenix
@justwise
@ekpotex
@brightingus
abeg make Una put eye for this matter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2017
missingribs:
Good day all,I hope you're all having a stressfree day?
am a single mother I want to apply for a 4weeks tourist visa in march with my child,I intend getting d following document:
Hotel reservation
Introduction letter from where I work
Confirmation letter
Letter of leave
Pay slip
Bank account 6month balance of 1,200,000
change of ownership of landed property (deed)
But I need advice on 2things.
1.in my place of work due to financial challenges for some time now salary comes late and it cash payment.so my statement will not reflect salary but cash deposit by me.in D's situation wat do I do.
2.my passport is a vigirn passport.
@inphoenix
@justwise
@ekpotex
@brightingus
abeg make Una put eye for this matter

What is your monthly salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missingribs: 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
justwise:

What is your monthly salary?
I intend putting 120k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2017
missingribs:

I intend putting 120k

Is that what you earn monthly or what you want to put
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by toscott: 8:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
justwise:

There is no time limit for that, you can move in today, get your bills running so as to use them for the visa application, I guess to get all the bills sorted and get the papers will take about a month then you can apply.
Thanks a lot justwise. I really appreciate it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
Shawnbose:

Documents attached:
Sponsor
Brp copy
COS
3 months bank statement
6months payslips
Letter form employer

My document
tuberculosis test
Recent passport
Affidavit of change of name
Marriage certificate
Copies of previous visas/stamp and passport
Phone calls bill from uk
Hotel bookings

Congratulations! My sister will share her testimony soon too. Amen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missingribs: 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2017
justwise:

Is that what you earn monthly or what you want to put
wat I want to put
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
missingribs:

wat I want to put
You are about to make a mistake that will lead to visa refusal and possibly more visa refusals in future.

When it comes to visa application its important that you keep your record as truthful as possible

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by missingribs: 6:46am On Oct 20, 2017
justwise:

You are about to make a mistake that will lead to visa refusal and possibly more visa refusals in future.

When it comes to visa application its important that you keep your record as truthful as possible

good morning,hw was Ur night?
ok,wat do u advice I do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by swizy: 7:03am On Oct 20, 2017
Hi everyone, kindly assist give your opinion and help clarify best to go about this.
I am applying for my mum to attend my graduation ceremony in Edinburgh.
She is retired, on pension of about 28k she has the acct statement showing this. Current Bal about 28k she made a recent withdrawal of 50k from it, then another savings acct with allowance of 40k from my sis. Current Bal about 450k.
She stays in my family house. No title document just a will and letter of administration naming her and my bro. Can I add this document?
My bro names above will be the sponsor for the trip with 300k, source of income from rents on the above property. what can I state as reasons why he is sponsoring.
I already have a confirmed 2night hotel booking in Edinburgh. I intend including another hotel booking in Birmingham for 6nights.
My el sis is in UK with hubby who is a British citizen but we will not be using any documents from them hence the hotel booking not far from them. Will this be an issue? I intend to state we will be visiting them but won't be staying with them. Do I need an invitation letter from him still? Maybe stating that my mum will be visiting but will be staying in a hotel.
She will be stay8ng for just 7days cos of hotel costs. Proposed travel date Nov 13.

Documents she will use
Her acct statement 1 showing pension Bal 28k and acct statement 2 showing 40k deposits bimonthly or so Bal about 450k
Her retirement letter
Letter of administration and will
Sponsorship letter from my el bro (do we need his acct statement too?)
Invitation letter to my graduation from me
My sch ID, matriculation letter, admission letter, mail confirmation of my eligibility to grad from the uni, graduation form I used in making my grad fee payment. My acct statement
Letter of intro from my employer
My birth certificate
My sister's marriage certificate
El sis Resident card
El sis Nigerian passport renewed in UK

Anything else
@justwise & CO please weigh in and help adivce
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 8:39am On Oct 20, 2017
Gud day house, is it compulsory that your salary must come in from your company describing it as a salary in your statement of account? cos am about to apply for a visit visa and my salaries dont normally drop into my account with a description. hope this won't affect my application? pls I need d house clarification. thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:13am On Oct 20, 2017
kprake9:
Gud day house, is it compulsory that your salary must come in from your company describing it as a salary in your statement of account? cos am about to apply for a visit visa and my salaries dont normally drop into my account with a description. hope this won't affect my application? pls I need d house clarification. thanks!

Not at all. So far your payslip reflect this amount. If you're still uncomfortable you can point it out in a cover note.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 9:49am On Oct 20, 2017
ekpotek:

Not at all. So far your payslip reflect this amount. If you're still uncomfortable you can point it out in a cover note.

Thanks for the information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.