Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,997 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523640 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2017
Veacon:
Hello Justwise and other knowledgeable nairalanders on Visa matters.
Please I need your advice on the following questions bothering on Visitor visa application. I'm not completely a novice on visa matters though, as my masters degree was in UK.

A friend of mine is inviting me on a two weeks visit to the UK, all expense paid. My friend works in the UK and earns well so is capable of sponsoring my trip. However, I have the following questions:

1. Will it be ok with the ECO for my friend to sponsor the entire trip without my contribution?
2. Is there a minimum amount needed to enable my friend successfully sponsor the trip?
3. Is an invitation letter and sponsorship form required to aid my application?
4. Lastly, the issue of showing strong ties that guarantees my return, I'm yet to get a job, neither do I have any landed property to show strong ties, how do I go about this?

Any other advice necessary to make my application a smooth one will be well appreciated.
Thanks

That is the real issue with your application, without a strong tie to Nigeria your chances of getting a visa is very slim.

Your friend's sponsorship alone is not enough in this case as you can't prove that you will be coming back to Nigeria if given a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:22pm On Nov 14, 2017
mojisolani:
Evening everybody in the house,pls I need urgent answer to my question here because am submitting my application tomorrow morning, just want to ask if only what i need to include as a student is my school ID card and letter from school stating years I entered and years I still have to finish my course? Am a nursing student

You need to add your recent school result to that list and your admission letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojisolani: 9:24pm On Nov 14, 2017
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2017
arin123:
will need to process my uk visa .
1. i have a travel history to India
2.i earn 120k monthly
3.my daughter passport is virgin
4.am not married but can get a consent or am i to process as married kindly advice
5. my uncle is sending me an invite and in care of accommodation feeding and even ticket.
6.then am also considering USA visa so am thinking do i do the USA visa first before uk
just advice as regards my options
cause i was told its better to take Yankee visa before UK but best i get Ur advice directly
i can get letters from my company as well

What other documents will your uncle be sending you?

You can apply for US visa first since its quicker and you don't have to submit your passport unless the interview is successful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2017
justwise:

You can pay with your dollar account or other Nigerian master cards, this question has been answered far too many times here
sorry sir.. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thisisposh22: 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hi All,

I submitted my application last week Friday 10/11/17 and received a confirmation from TLS that its has arrived and currently with UKVI on Monday 13/11/17.

Does anyone know if i will receive an acknowledgement email and if so when (presumably) as i paid for priority service?

Thanks
KAY
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Veacon: 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2017
justwise:

That is the real issue with your application, without a strong tie to Nigeria your chances of getting a visa is very slim.

Your friend's sponsorship alone is not enough in this case as you can't prove that you will be coming back to Nigeria if given a visa.

Thanks for your response Justwise, I appreciate. However is there nothing else I can use to show ties to Nigeria besides the aforementioned ones?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2017
Veacon:

Thanks for your response Justwise, I appreciate. However is there nothing else I can use to show ties to Nigeria besides the aforementioned ones?

I can’t think of anything else at the moment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2017
smithsydny:
sorry sir.. Thank you

Absolutely no need for an apology
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 16, 2017
Hello house, please is police clearance and travel insurance certificate needed for UK tourist visa? And Moreso can hotel reservation stand as proof of accomodation?
Plz I await your reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dopechoks(m): 12:08am On Nov 16, 2017
Good day guys..
A cousin of mine wants me to come join him in the UK, he has been there since '07, he told me he doesn't know anything about the travelling process cos his mom helped him when he went..and .I am 19...so he told me to make enquiry
Now I don't know anything about the process either...can someone please tell me the steps needed...
The type of visa I'll apply for, the minimum amount I should have in my acct as my parents are also involved.... Pls respond
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hpmrentals: 1:24am On Nov 16, 2017
Pls i was in UK last may and came back on June. Stayed for one week as fillef in my apllication. Just apllied for two years and got it but i filled to stay for 10 days in my visa form. Now am considerinv staying longer like five to six months as i habe 180days to stay as per each visit as stated in my visa as durstion of stay. Pls would it affect my subsequent apllications? Pls guide me through. Thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 16, 2017
@hmrental it will surely do but won't affect your going and exit from the UK before it expires because they belief you have taken a job in the UK to sustain your self and also belief u lied to them

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:20am On Nov 16, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:
Hello house, please is police clearance and travel insurance certificate needed for UK tourist visa? And Moreso can hotel reservation stand as proof of accomodation?
Plz I await your reply

No to your first question and yes to the second one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:27am On Nov 16, 2017
dopechoks:
Good day guys..
A cousin of mine wants me to come join him in the UK, he has been there since '07, he told me he doesn't know anything about the travelling process cos his mom helped him when he went..and .I am 19...so he told me to make enquiry
Now I don't know anything about the process either...can someone please tell me the steps needed...
The type of visa I'll apply for, the minimum amount I should have in my acct as my parents are also involved.... Pls respond

Moving to the UK does not work the same way you move from Lagos to Abuja to live with a friend who is still living with mum and daddy.

Your cousin does not qualify to invite you and you don't have a tie to Nigeria because i guess you are not working or running your own business, you probably still a student living with your family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:28am On Nov 16, 2017
hpmrentals:
Pls i was in UK last may and came back on June. Stayed for one week as fillef in my apllication. Just apllied for two years and got it but i filled to stay for 10 days in my visa form. Now am considerinv staying longer like five to six months as i habe 180days to stay as per each visit as stated in my visa as durstion of stay. Pls would it affect my subsequent apllications? Pls guide me through. Thank u

It will and you are about to damage your immigration profile.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dopechoks(m): 8:18am On Nov 16, 2017
justwise:

Moving to the UK does not work the same way you move from Lagos to Abuja to live with a friend who is still living with mum and daddy.

Your cousin does not qualify to invite you and you don't have a tie to Nigeria because i guess you are not working or running your own business, you probably still a student living with your family.
Thanks, but the guy works there already...and what does it mean to have a tie to Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thisisposh22: 8:22am On Nov 16, 2017
Could i get help from someone, please?

thisisposh22:
Hi All,

I submitted my application last week Friday 10/11/17 and received a confirmation from TLS that its has arrived and currently with UKVI on Monday 13/11/17.

Does anyone know if i will receive an acknowledgement email and if so when (presumably) as i paid for priority service?

Thanks
KAY
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 16, 2017
justwise:

Thank you so much@ justwise.
One love
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iphi(m): 9:02am On Nov 16, 2017
justwise:

Does he have the UK birth certificate?
yes he has. confirmed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Stella02(f): 9:16am On Nov 16, 2017
Good morning,

I need your advises. My cousin has invited me to the UK. He is a British citizen and i would be staying in their house for christmas and new year. His parents are the ones taking care of the flight ticket and other expenses.On the website, am i to pick tourist visa or family visa? i am going alone. I have never been to UK but i have gone to dubai,SA and Ghana severally. traveled 6 times this year going on the 7 th trip next week

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by imconfused(f): 10:01am On Nov 16, 2017
Just to say thanks to those who responded to my questions.
My mother and sister got their visas yesterday.
Biometrics 1st November,visa received by courier 15/11/17.
My husband and I were sponsors for my sister and I wrote a cover letter to that effect.I didn't get called by home office.I suspect maybe because she submitted with my mother who is self sponsoring and has an extensive travel history..I don't know for sure.

My sister is a final year student,we added copies of the following documents:

A letter from her school stating she studies there
A cover letter signed by husband and I stating our jobs and we will sponsor and accommodate while with us
My 6 months pay slips
Council tax
Proof of accommodation
6 months salary account statement
Husbands 6 months account statement
Our joint savings 6 months statement and my own 6 months savings account statement
My employment letter
Our British and Nigerian passport copies
My birth certificate

Also wrote a cover letter for my mother.

I'm sure it was a bit too much but it seems to have worked as they didn't bother to call me.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thisisposh22: 11:53am On Nov 16, 2017
imconfused:
My husband and I were sponsors for my sister and I wrote a cover letter to that effect.I didn't get called by home office.I suspect maybe because she submitted with my mother who is self sponsoring and has an extensive travel history..I don't know for sure.

A cover letter signed by husband and I stating our jobs and we will sponsor and accommodate while with us
My 6 months pay slips
Council tax
Proof of accommodation
Our joint savings 6 months statement and my own 6 months savings account statement
My employment letter
My birth certificate

I'm sure it was a bit too much but it seems to have worked as they didn't bother to call me.

Cheers!

Really happy for you and your family. Did you sister or mother receive an acknowledgement email from UKVI after the biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by imconfused(f): 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2017
thisisposh22:

Really happy for you and your family. Did you sister or mother receive an acknowledgement email from UKVI after the biometrics?

Hiya,yes they did some days after the biometrics,something about their application being prepared for the clearance officer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2017
justwise:

Pls boss one more question. My international passport will expiry in April and I have a USA pending application against February, can I use this same passport to apply for UK tourist visa as I intend to visit UK for Xmas. I have just 5months left on it, can uk issue me a tourist visa on it, planning to stay for just 10days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by thisisposh22: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2017
imconfused:

Hiya,yes they did some days after the biometrics,something about their application being prepared for the clearance officer

Ahh good, just submitted mine a week ago and still awaiting for mine but thanks for your reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:

Pls boss one more question. My international passport will expiry in April and I have a USA pending application against February, can I use this same passport to apply for UK tourist visa as I intend to visit UK for Xmas. I have just 5months left on it, can uk issue me a tourist visa on it, planning to stay for just 10days

probably but you need to make the application this month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
imconfused:

My 6 months pay slips
Council tax
Proof of accommodation
My employment letter
My birth certificate

Cheers!

Congrat!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gege89: 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
Dr Gurus Justwise , front page lawyer and all,

Kudos for the good work youve been doing.

Please i need your guidance on the necessary steps to take regarding my passport being impounded.

An agent i got 2 years ago, had my passport stamped with a malaysian visa which was fake.
Based on this my passport has been impounded.
Please how is the best way to go about clearing things with the UK immigration to enable me reapply and not be banned for 10 years and retrieving my passport.

Your advice and guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
justwise:

probably but you need to make the application this month

Probably? Is my passport not really good to go as I already wanna start my application right away. And can you please help by giving me the link on how to apply, I intend not to use any fucking agent as I have my documents intact. Thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
gege89:
Dr Gurus Justwise , front page lawyer and all,

Kudos for the good work youve been doing.

Please i need your guidance on the necessary steps to take regarding my passport being impounded.

An agent i got 2 years ago, had my passport stamped with a malaysian visa which was fake.
Based on this my passport has been impounded.
Please how is the best way to go about clearing things with the UK immigration to enable me reapply and not be banned for 10 years and retrieving my passport.

Your advice and guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Impounded passports are usually sent to Ministry of Internal Affairs in Abuja,so if u want it back you will have to go to Abuja to retrieve which I don't think is still useful to you anyway,because it must have been stamped and for the ban I am sorry you can not upturn it except you have a strong evidence and battle it out in a Nigeria court of law
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Stella02(f): 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2017
Stella02:
Good morning,

I need your advises. My cousin has invited me to the UK. He is a British citizen and i would be staying in their house for christmas and new year. His parents are the ones taking care of the flight ticket and other expenses.On the website, am i to pick tourist visa or family visa? i am going alone. I have never been to UK but i have gone to dubai,SA and Ghana severally. traveled 6 times this year going on the 7 th trip next week

Thank you.

@justwise

please help

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.