Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,025 members, 7,803,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1521858 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gege89: 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2017
gege89:
Dr Gurus Justwise , front page lawyer and all,

Kudos for the good work youve been doing.

Please i need your guidance on the necessary steps to take regarding my passport being impounded.

An agent i got 2 years ago, had my passport stamped with a malaysian visa which was fake.
Based on this my passport has been impounded.
Please how is the best way to go about clearing things with the UK immigration to enable me reapply and not be banned for 10 years and retrieving my passport.

Your advice and guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you.

To add to that i have a valid US Visa which would not be expiring till next year. So i really dont want to loose that too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Elly91(f): 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2017
dopechoks:
Thanks, but the guy works there already...and what does it mean to have a tie to Nigeria?

Your cousin can invite you over once he can satisfactorily provide the documents required such as his employment letter and payslips, bank statements, passport and residence permit, utility bills or house contract (proof of accommodation). to prove ties to Nigeria, you need to provide a school term date or status letter (letter headed and signed), your parents bank statement with at least £2000 at the minimum after deducting your travel expenses. You can only apply for 6 months for now as a first time applicant. Apply using family visa route. Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Elly91(f): 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2017
thisisposh22:
Could i get help from someone, please?

Priority usually take at least 5 days depending on where you applied from. AT peak periods, it takes longer. SO watch out for your email after 5 days or do check the TLS site as they have become sloppy with sending mails this period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Elly91(f): 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
imconfused:

!

Did they apply through priority route or standard?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Elly91(f): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:

Pls boss one more question. My international passport will expiry in April and I have a USA pending application against February, can I use this same passport to apply for UK tourist visa as I intend to visit UK for Xmas. I have just 5months left on it, can uk issue me a tourist visa on it, planning to stay for just 10days

UK never issues visa for a passport that expires under 6 months, you would need to renew your passport to apply and avoid being rejected or just take your chances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
Congratulations imconfused, that was very quick. My brother submitted the same day, he's in his final year too, my husband and I are sponsoring his trip and we submitted similar documents. The only difference is he applied alone, as he'll be travelling alone, although my mum had been to visit us before.

We got a call and we're still awaiting the decision. The tls website hasn't been updated, latest update is still showing received by UKVI, so doubt its been couriered.

Thank you for sharing the application update. 

imconfused:
Just to say thanks to those who responded to my questions.
My mother and sister got their visas yesterday.
Biometrics 1st November,visa received by courier 15/11/17.
My husband and I were sponsors for my sister and I wrote a cover letter to that effect.I didn't get called by home office.I suspect maybe because she submitted with my mother who is self sponsoring and has an extensive travel history..I don't know for sure.

My sister is a final year student,we added copies of the following documents:

A letter from her school stating she studies there
A cover letter signed by husband and I stating our jobs and we will sponsor and accommodate while with us
My 6 months pay slips
Council tax
Proof of accommodation
6 months salary account statement
Husbands 6 months account statement
Our joint savings 6 months statement and my own 6 months savings account statement
My employment letter
Our British and Nigerian passport copies
My birth certificate

Also wrote a cover letter for my mother.

I'm sure it was a bit too much but it seems to have worked as they didn't bother to call me.

Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gege89: 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
gege89:

To add to that i have a valid US Visa which would not be expiring till next year. So i really dont want to loose that too.

Guys waiting on your experienced advice

@justwise please assist

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2017
gege89:
Dr Gurus Justwise , front page lawyer and all,

Kudos for the good work youve been doing.

Please i need your guidance on the necessary steps to take regarding my passport being impounded.

An agent i got 2 years ago, had my passport stamped with a malaysian visa which was fake.
Based on this my passport has been impounded.
Please how is the best way to go about clearing things with the UK immigration to enable me reapply and not be banned for 10 years and retrieving my passport.

Your advice and guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you.
You need to contact Nigeria immigration for your passport as they usually hand it over to immigration authority.

Getting the UK visa will be a tough one as you have damaged your immigration profile
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:

Probably? Is my passport not really good to go as I already wanna start my application right away. And can you please help by giving me the link on how to apply, I intend not to use any fucking agent as I have my documents intact. Thanks boss

You need to have at least 6months left in your passport to be able to use it for visa application, so count from this month to April and tell me how many months.

This is the link https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nigeria-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
Stella02:
Good morning,

I need your advises. My cousin has invited me to the UK. He is a British citizen and i would be staying in their house for christmas and new year. His parents are the ones taking care of the flight ticket and other expenses.On the website, am i to pick tourist visa or family visa? i am going alone. I have never been to UK but i have gone to dubai,SA and Ghana severally. traveled 6 times this year going on the 7 th trip next week

Thank you.

How much do you earn monthly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
justwise:

You need to have at least 6months left in your passport to be able to use it for visa application, so count from this month to April and tell me how many months.

This is the link https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nigeria-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-nigeria

Thanks. I have no choice than to hold till next year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
Thank you all for your input and support, my sister's tier 2 dependent visa was issued yesterday after about 6weeks of awaiting decision on Administrative Review. Wishing everyone all the very best! God bless you all!

cc justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Francois10(m): 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
Thanks guys for all the help you render on this platform. It has done a lot of good and will continue to , I myself am a beneficiary of that good getting my visa after 2 rejections. I have opened a thread for tier 2 visa enquiries as I noticed that the no of people looking for information on that is increasing.
It will be nice if you guys can help out there too when you can. Ciao
https://www.nairaland.com/4180705/tier-2-uk-visa-enquiries
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
Darla:
Thank you all for your input and support, my sister's tier 2 dependent visa was issued yesterday after about 6weeks of awaiting decision on Administrative Review. Wishing everyone all the very best! God bless you all!

cc justwise

Congratulations!

I'm happy for her
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 16, 2017
Elly91:

UK never issues visa for a passport that expires under 6 months, you would need to renew your passport to apply and avoid being rejected or just take your chances.

Thank you, I really appreciate. One love
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dopechoks(m): 6:53am On Nov 17, 2017
Elly91:

Your cousin can invite you over once he can satisfactorily provide the documents required such as his employment letter and payslips, bank statements, passport and residence permit, utility bills or house contract (proof of accommodation). to prove ties to Nigeria, you need to provide a school term date or status letter (letter headed and signed), your parents bank statement with at least £2000 at the minimum after deducting your travel expenses. You can only apply for 6 months for now as a first time applicant. Apply using family visa route. Goodluck
Okay thanks for the advice... He has all you listed above....what if I have all this, what are the odds of getting a visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Stella02(f): 9:43am On Nov 17, 2017
justwise:

How much do you earn monthly?

N188,000 after tax and pension but i sell hairs at the side and get some money also monthly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oriste(f): 11:05am On Nov 17, 2017
Good morn house i need the gurus to help me out on this in 2013 My passport was seized at nigeria airport and this was the letter i got from them please will like to know my chances cos,i plan applying this month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:43am On Nov 17, 2017
oriste:
Good morn house i need the gurus to help me out on this in 2013 My passport was seized at nigeria airport and this was the letter i got from them please will like to know my chances cos,i plan applying this month

You have been ban for ten years! The ban will expire on July 2023. Why seek to waste you money on UK visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sunvick(m): 11:57am On Nov 17, 2017
You will be refused cos they have your details already, unless you have spare cash to give away to UKVI.

oriste:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ojoduoludare(m): 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2017
Good afternoon house,, my question is, is it possible for a friend how base in uk (that has even invited his mum,broda,and broda son to stay with him forever) to invited another friend to stay with him forever? if yes what document do we need from him in uk and the friend in nigeria thanks for your great respond
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2017
ojoduoludare:
Good afternoon house,, my question is, is it possible for a friend how base in uk (that has even invited his mum,broda,and broda son to stay with him forever) to invited another friend to stay with him forever? if yes what document do we need from him in uk and the friend in nigeria thanks for your great respond
You have to be a family relative for him to invite you to stay in the uk for life
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
oriste:
Apply to other countries. The uk is a no for you till 2023.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 3:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
oriste:

Dear Miss,

May i suggest you remove those your personal details from the documents you posted? Identity security is something you should take seriously online. You can do it by removing the photos, blacking/blotting out your name and address and then make a new post.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by teemoney35(m): 4:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
hi everyone,

what information is expected to be filled into this field ***additional Information ** when filling uk tier 2 dependent/spouse application form ?

thanks for your prompt response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Wooriloo: 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hello house I'm new here .Pls I applied for uk visiting visa for myself and the kids but I've been sent a mail for just one of the kids that a decision has been made and not quite long a mail was sent that his passport is ready for collection but myself and the other two kids haven't gotten any decision yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2017
Wooriloo:
Hello house I'm new here .Pls I applied for uk visiting visa for myself and the kids but I've been sent a mail for just one of the kids that a decision has been made and not quite long a mail was sent that his passport is ready for collection but myself and the other two kids haven't gotten any decision yet
Same happened when my dad and I applied. He got his decision mail two days after I got my passport back. Hopefully before next friday, you and your two kids will get your passports back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by teeewai(m): 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hi Guys,

Can anyone assist to review this refusal letter for my mum, She applied on the 1st of Nov and picked up today

1.) She provided a GT savings acct which has a balance of abt 200k which I sent to her in July. She mistakenly missed a cover letter explaining I transferred this to her.
2.) And also a Zenith Bank where she receives her monthly pension (73k), This was was stated as her monthly income in the application, the only unexplained remit in the account is about N1,435 which she paid in herself before printing her statement (wondered why she did that though).

So my Questions are
- is it advisable to apply asap (this coming week) with a cover letter explaining the above transactions, also with a transaction statement from me showing I transferred 200k in July?

- Does she need a new set of docs, her bank statement and my bank statements as the sponsor?

- Does she need a new invitation letter from me as we stated in her application she'll depart Nigeria Nov 18. I actually invited her over to celebrate her 65th Birthday with my family nextweek.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by imconfused(f): 7:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
Elly91:

Did they apply through priority route or standard?
Standard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by imconfused(f): 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2017
Tfree:
Congratulations imconfused, that was very quick. My brother submitted the same day, he's in his final year too, my husband and I are sponsoring his trip and we submitted similar documents. The only difference is he applied alone, as he'll be travelling alone, although my mum had been to visit us before.

We got a call and we're still awaiting the decision. The tls website hasn't been updated, latest update is still showing received by UKVI, so doubt its been couriered.

Thank you for sharing the application update. 

Thank you.Hopefully it gets sorted ASAP.We were advised for her to apply with my mother to make her application have more substance,since she's in final year etc..
I believe with all the documents you used,it should go well.
Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.