Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524040 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:33am On Feb 24, 2018
MamaGiovanni:
Good evening @justwise @ekpotek and everyone

As proof of employment, must I submit my employment offer letter given at start of job ?

Or

Will letter of introduction from my employer detailing my position, income, duration of job and leave suffice? Together with payslips and bank statement

Also, I traveled to the UK in 2011 on a student's visa, at the POE, I wrote my uncles address as the place I was staying. We were not asked where we'll stay on the tier 4 visa form, we just needed to show we have enough money for Maintenance.
Do I need to put my uncle as part of relatives in the UK? though on the GOVUK site, the only options are for immediate family such as parents and siblings.

I'm booking a hotel for the trip.

Thank you very much.

Proof of employment is a letter of introduction from your company and 6 months payslips. Yes include your uncle name as someone you know in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:41am On Feb 24, 2018
idolda:
Good morning @justwise and other guru in the house. Please I have a situation and I need your advice

My best friend will be graduating in July (PhD program) from Nottingham University and wants to invite me for the graduation ceremony. Here is my situation :

1. I work with state Govt and earn a little bit above 100k but as at the time of typing this (less than 6 months to the time) I have zero naira in account balance
2. I have an unregistered business in Nigeria with my graduating friend but I run the business and the money is paid into his Nigeria account. He transfers my own share into my account at the end of each month which is usually between 100-350k
3. I will be hosting students in Nigeria for an online course by a top USA university from April to June (people already signed up) and over 1million is expected to be deposited into my account by students (100 students) within 10 days out of which 400k will be mine after paying the school the course fees.
4.I was denied USA visitor's visa in August last year and I spent 3 weeks in East African countries of Kenya Uganda and Rwanda in November last year.
5. I'm married with kids but will be traveling alone and intend to spend 5 days. I will be responsible for the flight and other expenses but will be staying with him and his family during my visit.
6. I plan to have between 1-1.2million in my account when applying for visa

Questions
1. Will there not be a problem with visa considering that my opening balance is poor?
2. Is the monthly transfer from same friend into my account not pose a problem for me? (He has suggested to start sending the money to my wife account and from my wife to me)
3 Will deposit of over 1 million by 100 people within 1 week not pose a problem during the visa application?
4 will denial by USA have effect on the outcome of my visa?

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Only the ECO can authoritatively answer you questions. However, the ECO will be worried why you are preparing to spend money to attend a friend graduation when you are neither related expect as a business partner. If I where you, I would rather apply on my own merit as a tourist and see how it goes without bringing in your graduating friend.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kooloosaw: 11:58am On Feb 24, 2018
Hello Justwise and everybody.
I recently applied for a Tier 2 visa and 2 things have been bothering me;
1. I forgot to include my photocopies old Passport with valid UK visa and visa pages and stamp pages. Though I put all the details correctly on the online form. I don’t know if not submitting the photocopies would affect the decision.
2. I left England on the 17th of February and got to Nigeria 18th February. Submitted my online visa application on 17th February and paid the same day. Would it be termed as being dishonest as I landed in Nigeria the following day? (Seeing as we have to input all our trips on the online application form).
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by idolda: 1:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
ekpotek:

Only the ECO can authoritatively answer you questions. However, the ECO will be worried why you are preparing to spend money to attend a friend graduation when you are neither related expect as a business partner. If I where you, I would rather apply on my own merit as a tourist and see how it goes without bringing in your graduating friend.

Thanks so much for this response. The truth is that I actually wanted to use the opportunity to write a USA professional exam and UK is one of the nearest centers I can write the exam. Will check up the tourist options.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
idolda:

Thanks so much for this response. The truth is that I actually wanted to use the opportunity to write a USA professional exam and UK is one of the nearest centers I can write the exam. Will check up the tourist options.

If that is the main reason. Then apply as such, with the necessary documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 3:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
ekpotek:

Proof of employment is a letter of introduction from your company and 6 months payslips. Yes include your uncle name as someone you know in the UK.

Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
kooloosaw:
1. I forgot to include my photocopies old Passport with valid UK visa and visa pages and stamp pages. Though I put all the details correctly on the online form. I don’t know if not submitting the photocopies would affect the decision.
2. I left England on the 17th of February and got to Nigeria 18th February. Submitted my online visa application on 17th February and paid the same day. Would it be termed as being dishonest as I landed in Nigeria the following day? (Seeing as we have to input all our trips on the online application form).
Thank you.

1. Very unlikely, if your old passport has a valid UK visa. Then they already have copies of all the pages from your previous application.

2. No. You exit from the UK is registered as soon as you pass the Security point at the airport. So nothing to worry. You online application is deemed completed on the day you do biometric and submit documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hajimuktar: 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2018
[/color][color=#990000]@ekpotek,please kindly advice me on what to do I was refused based on 2 major reasons it seems ..This was d refusal note

You have stated that you plan to visit the UK for 7 days and that it will cost you £1800.As evidence of your finances you provided your UBA statement which shows your closing balance of 1,570,085.35NGN (3,099.88 at an c exchange rate of 1£ to 506naira..The Cost of ur day trip is approximately 58per cent the funds in ur account

2.I also note that you are single with no dependent children . From your application form and documents submitted, I am not satisfied that you have ties to indicate that you would leave upon the U.K upon completion of your visit.I am not convinced ur circumstances are as stated and that you ate genuinely seeking entry as a visitor, Your application is therefore refused under V4.2 (a) & (C).

In view of the above ,I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable cost in relation to your.

Justwise advised me on steps to take on d issue of the cost of the trip being too high of which I will reduce dat when reapplying

But d Oder hw can I convince d ECO dat I will definatly leave after my visit I have no intention staying back despite being single and having no dependants?? How do u think I should go about dat?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2018
hajimuktar:

Thanks alot boss..will do just dat, buh how can I convince d ECO dat I will return home despite being Single with no dependants??

Your job and your salary will do that for you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
Laminat:

cant remember vividly but around 1200pounds for 7working days.
thank you

How much is your monthly salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
MamaGiovanni:
Good evening @justwise @ekpotek and everyone

As proof of employment, must I submit my employment offer letter given at start of job ?

Or

Will letter of introduction from my employer detailing my position, income, duration of job and leave suffice? Together with payslips and bank statement

Also, I traveled to the UK in 2011 on a student's visa, at the POE, I wrote my uncles address as the place I was staying. We were not asked where we'll stay on the tier 4 visa form, we just needed to show we have enough money for Maintenance.
Do I need to put my uncle as part of relatives in the UK? though on the GOVUK site, the only options are for immediate family such as parents and siblings.

I'm booking a hotel for the trip.

Thank you very much.

You can use any of them or both.

If asked in the form put your uncle's name and address but state there that you will not be staying with him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
idolda:
Good morning @justwise and other guru in the house. Please I have a situation and I need your advice

My best friend will be graduating in July (PhD program) from Nottingham University and wants to invite me for the graduation ceremony. Here is my situation :

1. I work with state Govt and earn a little bit above 100k but as at the time of typing this (less than 6 months to the time) I have zero naira in account balance
2. I have an unregistered business in Nigeria with my graduating friend but I run the business and the money is paid into his Nigeria account. He transfers my own share into my account at the end of each month which is usually between 100-350k
3. I will be hosting students in Nigeria for an online course by a top USA university from April to June (people already signed up) and over 1million is expected to be deposited into my account by students (100 students) within 10 days out of which 400k will be mine after paying the school the course fees.
4.I was denied USA visitor's visa in August last year and I spent 3 weeks in East African countries of Kenya Uganda and Rwanda in November last year.
5. I'm married with kids but will be traveling alone and intend to spend 5 days. I will be responsible for the flight and other expenses but will be staying with him and his family during my visit.
6. I plan to have between 1-1.2million in my account when applying for visa

Questions
1. Will there not be a problem with visa considering that my opening balance is poor?
2. Is the monthly transfer from same friend into my account not pose a problem for me? (He has suggested to start sending the money to my wife account and from my wife to me)
3 Will deposit of over 1 million by 100 people within 1 week not pose a problem during the visa application?
4 will denial by USA have effect on the outcome of my visa?

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

1.Yes there will be because the ECO will focus mainly on your financial capabilities and your source of income.

2. It wil pose a problem if you don't explain the arrangement clearly.

3. You need to clearly explain that payment and the source, add as much paper evidence as you can to support your explanation.

4. Yes if you withhold the info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
kooloosaw:
Thank you.

Not adding the copy is not a big deal as long as you stated the details in the form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Laminat: 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2018
justwise:

How much is your monthly salary?
As @ then roughly #270 but now roughly # 300
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 24, 2018
@justwise
please what is the process like for a British citizen who is your sister/brother to invite you ? He/she would also cover most of the costs?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 6:19am On Feb 25, 2018
@ekpotek and other gurus in da house.

pls I need your advice....

my wife and 4months old daughter will be applying for their visa asap.

so my question is this...

1. how do I introduce my daughter to the ECO?
should I include her name in my wife introduction letter from work to the embassy or I should introduce her with a self introduction letter?

2. when filling the application form should I make a new application for my daughter or the mother's application form will do?

my wife was a teacher b4 we got married and now she is a full housewife so how should I prepare her letter also can I use my own company's letter for her?

thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 10:33am On Feb 25, 2018

I am a new member and have been appreciating all the contributions so far.

My issue is I am planning to apply for UK visa with my wife and a son (note that we have 2 kids staying behind) . I am fully employed and have a registered business also. The balances on both accounts is about 1.2M. But the bulk fund is in the company's account. Should I leave the major funds in the company's account or personal account?

My job has a fixed pay and variable pay - commission, and my wife is also paid the commission. Should I attach my wife's statement of account but with little balance?

We have all documents including feeding and accommodation from my in-law in UK but the fund is my concern.

Please elaborate the procedure to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 11:05am On Feb 25, 2018
Amolad111:

My issue is I am planning to apply for UK visa with my wife and a son (note that we have 2 kids staying behind) . I am fully employed and have a registered business also. The balances on both accounts is about 1.2M. But the bulk fund is in the company's account. Should I leave the major funds in the company's account or personal account?

My job has a fixed pay and variable pay - commission, and my wife is also paid the commission. Should I attach my wife's statement of account but with little balance?

We have all documents including feeding and accommodation from my in-law in UK but the fund is my concern.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
Laminat:

As @ then roughly #270 but now roughly # 300

Your salary level is not bad, always attach a breakdown of your spending and avoid spending more than 2months of your salary, in your case you can plan your trip with 600K.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ezechinwa:
@justwise
please what is the process like for a British citizen who is your sister/brother to invite you ? He/she would also cover most of the costs?

Inviting you is not the issue, the issue here is..do you have a strong tie to Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Feb 25, 2018
alert20:

pls I need your advice....

my wife and 4months old daughter will be applying for their visa asap.

so my question is this...

1. how do I introduce my daughter to the ECO?
should I include her name in my wife introduction letter from work to the embassy or I should introduce her with a self introduction letter?

2. when filling the application form should I make a new application for my daughter or the mother's application form will do?

my wife was a teacher b4 we got married and now she is a full housewife so how should I prepare her letter also can I use my own company's letter for her?

thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

1. No you don't have to introduce her separately, include that in the same letter for your wife and attach her birth certificate.

2. Yes your daughter need to have a separate application.

3. there is no special way of preparing the letter and yes you can use your company's letter head.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Feb 25, 2018
Amolad111:

How much will this trip cost you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 1:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
@justwise
oga boss, thanks so much for the response I really appreciate...
@everybody in da house.
pls we are planning to use the Ikeja VAC for our submission..
pls do we have to pay at the VAC or just the online visa fee will do?
sorry my question is much oooo just wanna get my info complete ni ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Donphyno101: 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
@alert20, only the online fee is all you will pay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Donphyno101:
@alert20, only the online fee is all you will pay

thank you very much my broda.... God bless you....

oh what a relief!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

The trip will cost us about 600,000.00. Accommodation and feeding will be taken care of by my in-law.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 5:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
justwise:

@Justwise, thank you for your response.

The proposed fund for the trip is about 600,000.00. Feeding and accommodation will be taken care of by my in-law.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by moruff77: 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hi justwise..thanks 4 all response..my own issue is I Wana apply 4 uk visa with my cousin's business registration documents. Dough we work 2geda n he offten transfer money from dis account to me..i also hve 1.5m in my own act.so I'm combining 2 accounts.my personal acct n d company acct which I claim I work for..d only issue here is I don't hve payslips...buh he often transfer funds into my acct. D order tin is wat other documents can I use 2 justify we work 2geda.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Donphyno101: 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2018
Good evening @justwise,

My fiance just got this message not even upto 30mins, I hope good thing is about to happen.

Reference number: GWFXXXXXXXXX

Dear Applicant,

Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. You can collect your documents in person or by a representative.

Collection in person

Please provide following:

Your Application Checklist
Your Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
Collecting using a representative (*not applicable for applications lodged in Nigeria, refer to our website)

Representative’s Original Photographic ID
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details)

You can check collection times and the Centre address on the Address and opening hours page. You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 30 days. After this time they will be returned to UK Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If your documents are being sent back to you by courier, it will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will receive an additional email from TLScontact to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending upon which courier is used in your area.

This is a post only email that is not monitored, please do not reply to this address. If you wish to contact us, please check our Contact Us page.

The information contained in this communication is privileged and confidential. The content is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail, and delete this message from your systems.

Best regards,

TLScontact team
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fcisca: 5:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
Congratulations
I believe it would be positive.
What date did you submit your application please?
Donphyno101:
Good evening @justwise,

My fiance just got this message not even upto 30mins, I hope good thing is about to happen.

Reference number: GWFXXXXXXXXX

Dear Applicant,

Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. You can collect your documents in person or by a representative.

Collection in person

Collecting using a representative (*not applicable for applications lodged in Nigeria, refer to our website)

Representative’s Original Photographic ID
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details)

You can check collection times and the Centre address on the Address and opening hours page. You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 30 days. After this time they will be returned to UK Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If your documents are being sent back to you by courier, it will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will receive an additional email from TLScontact to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending upon which courier is used in your area.

This is a post only email that is not monitored, please do not reply to this address. If you wish to contact us, please check our Contact Us page.

The information contained in this communication is privileged and confidential. The content is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail, and delete this message from your systems.

Best regards,

TLScontact team
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phardey: 6:32pm On Feb 26, 2018
Austine2020:
Its so terrible,Because there is still no Visa guarantee for the long wait until u get back your passport. My wife wanted to reapply after they refused her Last time but she needs her passport to travel to the US in October 24 for her Nephew wedding,.But Because of these delays,She is afraid that they will seize her passport for 3 months in the name of Visa issuance till her traveling date & the wedding date elapses,Lol. This UK Visa people are so incompetent in their Visa processing. US & Schengen Visas are more efficient and effective.

Just thought to come back here and update you guys.
She got her visa 30th Oct.
She applied on the 24th April. It took 6 months!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:05pm On Feb 26, 2018
Amolad111:

@Justwise, thank you for your response.

The proposed fund for the trip is about 600,000.00. Feeding and accommodation will be taken care of by my in-law.

I don't think that is realistic, how much will flight cost for 3 people?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.