Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523633 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buzuazi(m): 11:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
Pls,i will like to visit my brother in the UK with my family.He is a citizen and I own my own business and my wife also works with the federal govt.My cac and tax clearance are also intact.Pls can I have the list of requirements pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 11:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
buzuazi:
Pls,i will like to visit my brother in the UK with my family.He is a citizen and I own my own business and my wife also works with the federal govt.My cac and tax clearance are also intact.Pls can I have the list of requirements pls.

Your brother need to provide;
Invitation letter be addressed to you,
Introduction to be addressed to the UK embassy stating your relationship to him, purpose and duration of your visit, if he is accommodating and feeding you he should state it also.
Tenancy agreement,
Utility Bills,
Nigerian and British passport passort data pages,
Proof of financial status.

And you need to provide;
Your CAC and tax clearanc certificate,
You company bank statement for d last 6 months and Reference letter from the bank stating u re d sole signatory to the account,
Your personal bank statement for d last 6 months,
Evudence of financial business transactions such as invoices, contracts documents etc.
Landed properterties,
If u have a car include d vehichle documents.
Flight itinerary,
If u re married include ur mariage certicates, family photos, children birth certificates,
Your wife,s proof of employment and financial status, etc.
These are d ones i can remeber for now.

TAKE NOTE:
What you declare as the amount u earn monthly must tally with the amount you declare on your tax certificate.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilove02: 1:19am On Mar 17, 2018
[quote author=justwise post=65767136]

I asked that question so as not to give you misleading answer.

The 28days rule means that you can submit your application 28days before the completion of your 5yrs.

If you decided to apply at the completion of your 5yrs no problem, you don't have to use the 28days rule thing.

Thank you Justwise and Ekpotek for explaining to me in a way I can understand.
I truly appreciate you guys and it is well understood now.
Thank you guys once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilove02: 1:21am On Mar 17, 2018
Thank you Justwise and Ekpotek for explaining to me in a way I can understand.
I truly appreciate you guys and it is well understood now.
Thank you guys once again.

Chilove.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melonne: 4:11am On Mar 17, 2018
asked a friend with a foreign card to make the payment and reimbursed

wola44:
Please what is the means of payment of your visa fee ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Adumii: 8:15am On Mar 17, 2018
ekpotek:

The applicant should submit both business and personal bank statements in addition to what you have listed. The application should focus more on the reason for her visit to be successful. So you will need to show the ECO why you need her to be in the UK at that time. I will suggest you include doctors report, pre natal visits, etc.

Many thanks ekptec for your response. Documentation from me to evidence purpose of visit is in hand.

My issue is around my sisters proof of finances. Like previously stated she doesn’t have a decent balance on her personal “savings” account . Money she pays in there gets spent immediately and she really can’t build it up as I need the application sent in by May.
This is why I ask if I should just leave out the savings account from the application doc list and submit only the business account since I am the one sponsoring ?

Also, I understand schools pay flat tax fee. Which makes it difficult to calculate monthly income. Any suggestion on how I can go about this? Also bearing in mind that school fees aren’t paid monthly.

Thirdly the section of the form that asks how much the trip will cost her personally, will it hurt to put £0 there since I am fullly covering all bills and will be stating it on my letter?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house,
Is it idea to book a hostel dormenty for tourist visa purpose? Considering receiving monthly salary slightly above 400k. Cos the single room accommodations am seeing is like 200k for 10 nite which is quite too high for my budget.
Pls I will appreciate a quick response.
Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gaskinachi(m): 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hello guys,
I previously had a 6mth visit visa and 2 years respectively. I a now planning to renew and want to go for the 10 year visa option as it seems cheaper compared to 5 years and reduces my need to go to d embassy every now and then .so my question is , is it advisable go apply for 10 years if my last visa was 2 years .thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 2:27am On Mar 18, 2018
Larrydex:
Hi, nairalanders please I need your advise on these urgently
1 My monthly salary is around 430k with 300k from house rent,is 245k okay for the monthly expenditure and 55k for the family expenses.

2 Income section in the VAF are the money going to be written in NAIRA or POUNDS.

3 With closing balance of 4.2m is 1.6m okay my tourism trip. with budget of 300k for flight,500k for Accommodation and 510k for living expenses

Married with 2kids
Intended to stay for 10days

NB-please your advice is needed ASAP

Your salary & savings are enough to be given a Tourist visa. Is left for UK govt to verify your documents & motive of you applying for a Tourist visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olaniyi726: 6:19am On Mar 18, 2018
If someone apply for undergraduate course through ucas, how long does it take to get admission offer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 7:03am On Mar 18, 2018
Is it idea to book a hostel dormenty for tourist visa purpose? Considering receiving monthly salary slightly above 400k. Cos the single room accommodations am seeing is like 200k for 10 nite which is quite too high for my budget.
Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 7:23am On Mar 18, 2018
reduce the cost of your accommodation as in use the filter on the site to check for a low budget ones. I think the one you saw is a 8-10 star budget so look for a 3-5 star hotel it will be cheaper.

yes you can use a (dummy) hotel reservation and dummy flight reservation for your tourist visa application.

try hrs.com, booking.com travellodgeinn for the hotel booking and don't forget to search for a low budget hotel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 7:25am On Mar 18, 2018
Melonne:
asked a friend with a foreign card to make the payment and reimbursed

you can as well open a domicillary account here in Nigeria and you will be given the card so you can pay from your dorm account here in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ileboy: 10:49am On Mar 18, 2018
Hello house...I applied for a 6 months uk visa since February 14th n till date am still waiting for the decision made mail form TLS...I called the decision making in Sheffield n I was told my decision had bin made.....please can any give me an advise on wat to do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gaskinachi(m): 11:06am On Mar 18, 2018
gaskinachi:
Hello guys,
I previously had a 6mth visit visa and 2 years respectively. I a now planning to renew and want to go for the 10 year visa option as it seems cheaper compared to 5 years and reduces my need to go to d embassy every now and then .so my question is , is it advisable go apply for 10 years if my last visa was 2 years .thanks

still hoping for a reply to this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pharmacology: 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, in filling the VAF, can I attach a cover letter after filling in the additional information page to its maximum, or should I just state in the additional info page to refer to cover letter?

Please help out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:41pm On Mar 18, 2018
Pharmacology:
Hello Nairalanders, in filling the VAF, can I attach a cover letter after filling in the additional information page to its maximum, or should I just state in the additional info page to refer to cover letter?

Please help out

Yes.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:46pm On Mar 18, 2018
gaskinachi:

still hoping for a reply to this

Sure if you can afford the application fee. There is no rule that say you must apply for 5 years after 2 years visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2018
Ileboy:
Hello house...I applied for a 6 months uk visa since February 14th n till date am still waiting for the decision made mail form TLS...I called the decision making in Sheffield n I was told my decision had bin made.....please can any give me an advise on wat to do?

If Sheffield has made a decision, then I suggest you visit TLS office, your passport could be there for pick up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2018
kprake9:
Thanks!

Most tourists prefer budget accommodation such as hostel or Airbnb. So there is no problem if you book one. However, look for those that offer free cancelation or payment on arrival. Never pay for a booking until you’re have gotten a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:30pm On Mar 18, 2018
Adumii:

Many thanks ekptec for your response. Documentation from me to evidence purpose of visit is in hand.

My issue is around my sisters proof of finances. Like previously stated she doesn’t have a decent balance on her personal “savings” account . Money she pays in there gets spent immediately and she really can’t build it up as I need the application sent in by May.
This is why I ask if I should just leave out the savings account from the application doc list and submit only the business account since I am the one sponsoring ?

Also, I understand schools pay flat tax fee. Which makes it difficult to calculate monthly income. Any suggestion on how I can go about this? Also bearing in mind that school fees aren’t paid monthly.

Thirdly the section of the form that asks how much the trip will cost her personally, will it hurt to put £0 there since I am fullly covering all bills and will be stating it on my letter?

Thank you

She can always use additional paper or cover letter to explain any issues with the application form. This will include how she runs her business and salary account and her inability to compute monthly earning etc. As per how much the trip will cost her? I suggest that you include some amount, such as money for shopping, movies, etc. I am sure you’ll not be footing that aspect.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pharmacology: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
Please help me, how many days are there if I arrive on 23rd in the morning and will be leaving on 24th in the evening, is the duration of stay 2 days or 1 day?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ileboy: 9:32am On Mar 19, 2018
@ ekpotek...tnks....would visit der office...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 10:44am On Mar 19, 2018
kprake9:
Thanks!

If is too high for your budget then is advisable you remain in Nig and have the cash in your savings.
The cheapest accomodation of 2weeks you can get that will be acceptable for granting you Visa is #200000.
Is only who are here in UK that can find a way of getting single room of £300 a month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 10:45am On Mar 19, 2018
Pharmacology:
Please help me, how many days are there if I arrive on 23rd in the morning and will be leaving on 24th in the evening, is the duration of stay 2 days or 1 day?

24-23= 1day oga

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2018
justwise:

Not necessarily a cover letter but a budget-like outline of the cost of the trip

You have to state your average monthly income and support it with paper documents then use the blank space in the form to explain the nature of your income.

@Justwise,

Below are the documents I am submitting for me, my wife and a son. Kindly assist if they are in order.
* Letter of invitation from UK
* Data page of British citizen of sponsors
* Council Tax Adjustment notice
* Sponsor's tenancy agreement
* Sponsor's statement of accounts
* My salary account statement of account
* My registered company's statement of account
* Cover letter
* Introduction letter from my employer
* My 6 month pay slips
* Leave letter
* Flight Itinerary
* Marriage certificate
* Certificate of Incorporation
* Tax certificates
* Tenancy agreement if my house and my tenant
* Kids birth certificates
* Insurance certificate on my house
* Family pictures
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by customised87: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2018
Ileboy:

Hello, I am in same boat with you. How did you contact them at Sheffield please? My uncle and his wife submitted theirs on the 13th Feb and they have not been contacted since then.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pharuk: 10:12am On Mar 20, 2018
justwise:

Can you list those documents you submitted for the application? Not document from your brother but those coming from you.

Please see below:
Passport
Bank statement for 6 month from salary acct n savings acct
Employment letter
Confirmation letter
Promotion letter
Introductory letter from d office signed by d DG
6 months payslip
Marriage certificate
Court affidavits
Newspaper publication
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 11:13am On Mar 20, 2018
Amolad111:

@Justwise and my people, please assist on the documents below if they are in order.

Below are the documents I am submitting for me, my wife and a son. Kindly assist if they are in order.
* Letter of invitation from UK
* Data page of British citizen of sponsors
* Council Tax Adjustment notice
* Sponsor's tenancy agreement
* Sponsor's statement of accounts
* My salary account statement of account
* My registered company's statement of account
* Cover letter
* Introduction letter from my employer
* My 6 month pay slips
* Leave letter
* Flight Itinerary
* Marriage certificate
* Certificate of Incorporation
* Tax certificates
* Tenancy agreement if my house and my tenant
* Kids birth certificates
* Insurance certificate on my house
* Transaction receipts
* Family pictures
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wayno: 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
RE VISA REFUSAL.

Good day evening body in the House, can anybody advise and translate my refusal letter for me please. I want to confirm whether I was Banned. Please find the attached for your advise please.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
wayno:
RE VISA REFUSAL.

Good day evening body in the House, can anybody advise and translate my refusal letter for me please. I want to confirm whether I was Banned. Please find the attached for your advise please.

hello,
this is what paragraph 320(b) says:
1.8 RFL5.8 320(7B) and the use of false representations, information and documents
If an applicant has previously been refused entry clearance because a false document was used or a false representation was made, the applicant may claim that they were unaware that the document or representation was false.

Unless the applicant can prove this, they must be automatically refused under paragraph 320(7B) for 10 years from the date deception was used (unless paragraph A320 applies). Where the documents relate directly to the applicant (for example, employment references, qualifications or financial details), such a claim would be likely to fail unless the applicant has clear evidence that an error has been made (for example, written confirmation from a financial institution that they had previously supplied us with incorrect information).

I hope this helps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.