Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1520228 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
PrechyJoe:

Awwwwn
You had so much faith in your application and the positive attitude you displayed! I tap into your positivity.

May God guide us all.

Congratulations!

My sis thanks oh. God will answer our prayers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ezechinwa:

I have never left the shores of Nigeria ...lol

Hahaha... U are not serious, how then did u do it.. even with my travel history after all I read here am a bit nervous about the UK visa though am positive. So did u have some other back up documents from family or just urs?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2018
churockng:

Hahaha... U are not serious, how then did u do it.. even with my travel history after all I read here am a bit nervous about the UK visa though am positive. So did u have some other back up documents from family or just urs?

I added that just my brother providing accommodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ezechinwa:

Ok dats good... once again congratulations. Enjoy ur trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 6:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ezechinwa:

congrats Bro... mine was refused.. the ECO said I lodge money from an unknown account...

the money has been entering my account from my wife's account now for over 2years now but I am surprised the eco refers to the money sent from her account to mine as inconsistent

also when asked while filling the form how much do you get in a year I calculated my salary and money from family members together, but the eco only saw the money as my other income and not total income.

I was refused on
paragraph 42 code...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
alert20:

congrats Bro... mine was refused.. the ECO said I lodge money from an unknown account...

the money has been entering my account from my wife's account now for over 2years now but I am surprised the eco refers to the money sent from her account to mine as inconsistent

also when asked while filling the form how much do you get in a year I calculated my salary and money from family members together, but the eco only saw the money as my other income and not total income.

I was refused on
paragraph 42 code...

Hi bro,
You can always apply again,
Here was what I did
I received a salary of about 80k Per month from my previous place of work, I ensured I used a blue pen to make where ever I received a salary and also mentioned that in my 'additional Cover letter"
I now received a bigger salary in my new place of work, I also did the same,

Always write an additional cover letter mostly explaining your financial status,

Since I had a closing balance of 80k, I told them that this is my salary account and not my personal acct, and feel that is unnecessary to include it to my application, but also stated that I am willing to provide this information if required.

My account just shows I receive a steady salary, however, I spend it is my business.

I hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mulannoire(f): 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
Hello house, i would be grateful if anyone can give advise.

One of my close friends in the UK will be having a first birthday party for her daughter in Sept and is ready to send me an invitation letter.

I am a freelance business developer/planner and also do odd jobs here and there. I also have an unofficial effort that organises football tournaments for aspiring footballers and will be having a second edition in August. There is social media, flyers.
The issue here is that:

- Although i have a business account, 95% of my business transactions have been done through my savings account with inflows ranging from 800k to 1m monthly with no real balance. My second savings account has a bal of about 1.4m currently.

-I have travelled to the UK several times in the past and also had my masters there in 2016.

- I have an expired Schengen visa from 2015

-I have a valid US visa and have been to the States twice this year.

-I was denied a Schengen visa to France in March

Kindly advice on the best way to go about this, thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ezechinwa:

Hi bro,
Here was what I did
I received a salary of about 80k Per month from my previous place of work, I ensured I used a blue pen to make where ever I received a salary and also mentioned that in my 'additional Cover letter"

Always write an additional cover letter mostly explaining your financial status,

Since I had a closing balance of 80k, I told them that this is my salary account and not my personal acct, and feel that is unnecessary to include it to my application, but also stated that I am willing to provide this information if required.

My account just shows I receive a steady salary, however, I spend it is my business.

I hope this helps.

I wrote a cover letter stating how capable I am to finance my travel plan...
I guess what work against me is my inability to demonstrate the inflow on my account...
I felt since money has been coming through the same account I don't need to explain the source. I guess that's where I got it all wrong so I deposited a huge sum from the account to my savings account in a week..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cao(f): 8:56pm On Jun 14, 2018
Asking for a friend, since I've got no clue.

She selected a 2 year Visa for UK using super priority, she paid $567, she wants to know if that's the full fee (visa + super priority) or only just the the visa fee? Does she have to pay an additional fees using TLS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2018
alert20:

I was refused on
paragraph 42 code...

Am really so sorry about the refusal bro.. just stay strong I know it can be depressing but u can always reapply... just make sure to put some things clearly the next time.. I really wish u the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 9:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
churockng:

Am really so sorry about the refusal bro.. just stay strong I know it can be depressing but u can always reapply... just make sure to put some things clearly the next time.. I really wish u the best

thanks buddy.. I am reapplying asap. just met a woman at tls ikeja today, she is an immigration lawyer and she told me she will write the British high commission on my behalf to review my case..
she charge me for her service which I pay but just wondering if something like this truly exist or not...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2018
alert20:

thanks buddy.. I am reapplying asap. just met a woman at tls ikeja today, she is an immigration lawyer and she told me she will write the British high commission on my behalf to review my case..
she charge me for her service which I pay but just wondering if something like this truly exist or not...

Were u allowed to appeal /administrative review? Cos I realized a lot of people at the gate there tend to want to help help reapply.. so am not sure if they are immigration lawyer.. but there is no harm in trying. But u shud have asked the gurus here first before paying..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:11pm On Jun 14, 2018
Refusal of visa application has a way of just reducing the smartness of hitherto smart persons, quite painful. Sighs! I'm just a sucker for clearing of head, allowing time, reorganization and re-strategizing, then relaunching...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
Good evening gurus,
I wanted to apply 4 uk standard visa, after filling d form, will i fill a separate form for my wife thereby paying 2 times separately,?

And will i apply for appointment for the 2 of us separately ?

And how will i put the two applications together to make it a family application.

Thanks for your answers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
I think you already entered a one chance, administrative review is no longer allowed on tourist visas.

alert20:

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 3:02am On Jun 15, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:
Good Morning my people, Longest time... Justwise, ekpo, and others weldone. A quick one please, My brother applied for uk visa in April 2017 but was denied, Then was working with a company here in Lagos, He resigned from the company in July 2017 and started his own Car business in August 2017... company duly registed, companys account , receipt of purchases from US car sellers, bill of landing issued on his name and companys name, No tax payment yet cos the coy is less than one year, Article of memorandom and Companys receipts. However , He is planning to apply for a tourist Uk visa in August but the problem he has presently is that he doesnt know how much to declare as MONTHLY INCOME becos basically he lives on PROCEEDS from each vehicle sold... He sometimes transfers some money from the coy account to savings account as Proceeds from car sales. Can he also use his companys account for the visa application? .. Your candid advise would be appreciated . thanks

awaiting response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 6:45am On Jun 15, 2018
Endlessgrace:
I think you already entered a one chance, administrative review is no longer allowed on tourist visas.

OK thanks Bro... I only pay part payment, it means I will ask her to stop and refund my money.

once again thanks for enlighten me..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 7:14am On Jun 15, 2018
Does anyone have an idea if DHL works on Public holidays..

My mums Passport was sent yesterday, don't know if they would deliver it today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 15, 2018
Pls how do I go about renewing my UK visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 8:41am On Jun 15, 2018
Pipedreams:
Pls how do I go about renewing my UK visa
Apply like every other person.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 9:17am On Jun 15, 2018
PrechyJoe:
Does anyone have an idea if DHL works on Public holidays..

My mums Passport was sent yesterday, don't know if they would deliver it today.

hi, is mumcy passport ready for collection??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 11:57am On Jun 15, 2018
Did your host provide bank statement and a letter of sponsorship or re u sponsoring the trip yourself?.

Congrats and safe travels.

Ezechinwa:

Hi bro,
Here was what I did

I hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by richcasey: 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2018
hi guys, when submitting a sponsor's passport data for a UK visit visa, is it appropriate to just submit the bio page and visa pages that contain the visa stickers only or is it necessary to add all the immigration stamps showing departure and arrival bearing in mind that the stamp pages alone are about 20 pages of A4 sheets.

cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2018
Kindly reply gurus in the house

opomulero:
Good evening gurus,
I wanted to apply 4 uk standard visa, after filling d form, will i fill a separate form for my wife thereby paying 2 times separately,?

And how will i put the two applications together to make it a family application.

Thanks for your answers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2018
alert20:

I was refused on
paragraph 42 code...

Sorry for the refusal. Can you post the refusal letter here so that experts in this forum can advise accordingly incase you want to reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:10pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ezechinwa:

Hi bro,
Here was what I did

I hope this helps.

Congratulations. Enjoy your trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2018
mulannoire:
Hello house, i would be grateful if anyone can give advise.

One of my close friends in the UK will be having a first birthday party for her daughter in Sept and is ready to send me an invitation letter.

I am a freelance business developer/planner and also do odd jobs here and there. I also have an unofficial effort that organises football tournaments for aspiring footballers and will be having a second edition in August. There is social media, flyers.
The issue here is that:

- Although i have a business account, 95% of my business transactions have been done through my savings account with inflows ranging from 800k to 1m monthly with no real balance. My second savings account has a bal of about 1.4m currently.

-I have travelled to the UK several times in the past and also had my masters there in 2016.

- I have an expired Schengen visa from 2015

-I have a valid US visa and have been to the States twice this year.

-I was denied a Schengen visa to France in March

Kindly advice on the best way to go about this, thank you.

Hi if you’re really what you just said. You do not need an invite to visit the UK. Your UK education and travel history to the UK in the past should count here. Just apply to take a vacation/visit during the time of the birthday and you will be fine. Honestly I don’t think the ECO will give you a visa to spend close to N500K to go and attend a birthday party of someone not related to you in the UK.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2018
cao:
Asking for a friend, since I've got no clue.

She selected a 2 year Visa for UK using super priority, she paid $567, she wants to know if that's the full fee (visa + super priority) or only just the the visa fee? Does she have to pay an additional fees using TLS?

2 years visit visa - £350
Super priority service (decision within 24 hours) is additional £750
You can worked that out. Definitely it will not be $567! I guess your friend had only paid 2 years visa plus additional fees where applicable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:28pm On Jun 15, 2018
alert20:

You have just giving some fast guys easy money. There is nothing they can do. There is no review process for visitor visa anymore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2018
churockng:

Were u allowed to appeal /administrative review? Cos I realized a lot of people at the gate there tend to want to help help reapply.. so am not sure if they are immigration lawyer.. but there is no harm in trying. But u shud have asked the gurus here first before paying..

Every refusal letter come with what the applicant can or can’t do. Your rights are bla bla.... Applicant can find this on the last page of the refusal letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
opomulero:
Good evening gurus,

Thanks for your answers

1. Yes
2. You can group the application for appointment on TLS website after registrating for submission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:

awaiting response

Nobody can help him on that. If he runs a company then he should at least know how to estimate what he make is a year divided by 12 to get monthly income. Or get an accountant to do it for him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.