Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1523119 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2018
alert20:

OK thanks Bro... I only pay part payment, it means I will ask her to stop and refund my money.

once again thanks for enlighten me..

Get your money back if possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2018
richcasey:
hi guys, when submitting a sponsor's passport data for a UK visit visa, is it appropriate to just submit the bio page and visa pages that contain the visa stickers only or is it necessary to add all the immigration stamps showing departure and arrival bearing in mind that the stamp pages alone are about 20 pages of A4 sheets.

cheers

Just the sponsor passport data page as evidence of nationality and current visa stamp as evidence of current immigration status in the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by richcasey: 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2018
ekpotek:

Just the sponsor passport data page as evidence of nationality and current visa stamp as evidence of current immigration status in the UK.

Thanks, very helpful response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cao(f): 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
ekpotek:

2 years visit visa - £350
Super priority service (decision within 24 hours) is additional £750
You can worked that out. Definitely it will not be $567! I guess your friend had only paid 2 years visa plus additional fees where applicable.
Thanks, she was able to change it to priority and paid the extra fee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameW: 6:23pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hello everyone, pls does my son with an American passport need to apply for a visit visa to the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2018
MadameW:
Hello everyone, pls does my son with an American passport need to apply for a visit visa to the UK?

No. A US Citizen is visa free to UK. He will just be stamp in for 6 months at POE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2018
ekpotek:

Sorry for the refusal. Can you post the refusal letter here so that experts in this forum can advise accordingly incase you want to reapply.

sure I will thanks boss!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cuteyangel(f): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
Good day. Please assist advise further.
My mum is retired teacher and wants to sponsor herself to go do omugwo for my sister. My sister is unable to sponsor her as her proof of funds is low and she is only doing a part time job. My mum has enough money as proof of funds. How best can we go about the application to avoid it being denied
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 9:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
ekpotek:

1. Yes
2. You can group the application for appointment on TLS website after registrating for submission.

Thank you very much,

Please 1 last question.

Is the cover letters supposed to be typewritten or handwritten, and can d cover letter be more than one letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameW: 10:28pm On Jun 15, 2018
ekpotek:

Thank you

No. A US Citizen is visa free to UK. He will just be stamp in for 6 months at POE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2018
cuteyangel:
Good day. Please assist advise further.
My mum is retired teacher and wants to sponsor herself to go do omugwo for my sister. My sister is unable to sponsor her as her proof of funds is low and she is only doing a part time job. My mum has enough money as proof of funds. How best can we go about the application to avoid it being denied

My question, since your sister can not sponsor what of her husband?
What is the status of y sister and her husband in the UK?
You guys av to be very sure of the status they av in the uk.
If any of them av a permanent resident, then a letter of invitation will be send inviting your mum for omugwo. But the person inviting her must provide the details of job, stays in uk, proof of address for y mum to include in her application.

On the other hand, if all these are not available I will advise your mum to just apply as a tourist. (Visiting visa)
All she need is to present some supporting documents to help increase her chances of getting visa such as the certificate of her retirement as a teacher, her pension, national ID if she has, letter of employment before she retired, the last 6months payslips bf retirement, retirement benefit and comprehensive account showing the budget she has estimated for her trip and some left for her to use when she comes bk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Menakay(m): 11:34pm On Jun 15, 2018
Please,I booked an appointment for someone to submit his application since last week and the date is Monday 18th of June and that day has been declared public holiday but no mail from TLS to know if that appointment need to be re scheduled. Is there anyone here who knows if TLS will be open Monday June 18th?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 11:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
opomulero:

Thank you very much,

Please 1 last question.

Is the cover letters supposed to be typewritten or handwritten, and can d cover letter be more than one letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cuteyangel(f): 12:49am On Jun 16, 2018
monchat:

My question, since your sister can not sponsor what of her husband?
What is the status of y sister and her husband in the UK?
You guys av to be very sure of the status they av in the uk.
If any of them av a permanent resident, then a letter of invitation will be send inviting your mum for omugwo. But the person inviting her must provide the details of job, stays in uk, proof of address for y mum to include in her application.

On the other hand, if all these are not available I will advise your mum to just apply as a tourist. (Visiting visa)
All she need is to present some supporting documents to help increase her chances of getting visa such as the certificate of her retirement as a teacher, her pension, national ID if she has, letter of employment before she retired, the last 6months payslips bf retirement, retirement benefit and comprehensive account showing the budget she has estimated for her trip and some left for her to use when she comes bk.

Am sure he is a permanent citizen cos my sis got her pr and joined him in uk last year so his documentation should be ok. My sis mentioned he may be illegible to sponsor as he no more works full time since he started schooling. Is my mum better off applying for a visiting visa. If So, during the application what will we write as her reason for wanting to travel?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 4:36am On Jun 16, 2018
cuteyangel:

Am sure he is a permanent citizen cos my sis got her pr and joined him in uk last year so his documentation should be ok. My sis mentioned he may be illegible to sponsor as he no more works full time since he started schooling. Is my mum better off applying for a visiting visa. If So, during the application what will we write as her reason for wanting to travel?

Since, they can not invite y mum, ps I will advice her to just apply as a tourist with the intention to visit the UK for summer holiday.

There is no place in the application she is asked to write reason of visiting. What is asked is purpose of visiting, she picks the purpose from the options in dialog box. My advice again is that she should book hotel reservation as where she will stay, bc if she mentions she will stay in y sister's house, your sister has to provide all her details, which I guess, she might not have all, bc the ECO will like to see that y sister is capable of accomodating her during her stay in the uk and also if she state y sister address as where she will staying, y sister phone number will be included in the address of the place she will stay and the ECO might wish to call her to verify if she is expecting some one, who is the person to her etc, and the ECO will also wonder why letter of invitation is not included in d application, so to avoid all these complications, she should just book hotel or hostel in booking.com, as soon as she gets the visa, she cancel it. When she is ready to travel, she can book again bc, of when she gets to POE, she might be asked where she will staying, when she finally gets to y sisters house, she cancel d reservation.

Also when filling the application, she will come across the place that is asked if she knows anybody in the UK, will she be visiting? The person status in the UK, so it is left for y mum and sister to decide what she will answer there . But, I do advice pple if u are not very sure of the person status in the UK and if the person is not ready to provide relevant documents about his/her self, ps just click NO and avoid any complications and denial. All the best to y mum
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by holubukola(f): 4:54am On Jun 16, 2018
PLEASE HELP,

I have an unconditional offer of admission from university of Westminster, hubby will be accompanying me to UK and he will be working with open work permit...whilst I study at the end of my course which is one year,I intend to apply for my pH d in Canada, can we do it from UK or we have to return to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by holubukola(f): 5:05am On Jun 16, 2018
PLEASE HELP,

I have an unconditional offer of admission from university of Westminster, hubby will be accompanying me to UK and he will be working with open work permit...whilst I study at the end of my course which is one year,I intend to apply for my pH d in Canada, can we do it from UK or we have to return to Nigeria

cuteyangel:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by holubukola(f): 5:05am On Jun 16, 2018
PLEASE HELP,

author=ekpotek post=68508461]

2 years visit visa - £350
Super priority service (decision within 24 hours) is additional £750
You can worked that out. Definitely it will not be $567! I guess your friend had only paid 2 years visa plus additional fees where applicable. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 7:10am On Jun 16, 2018
holubukola:
PLEASE HELP,

Can you prove you are a resident of the UK at the end of your programme in the UK? You will need that to complete the information on where you are applying from. At the end of your program, you are meant to go back home with the UK visa system. So it may be difficult applying from there. Lets here from the other gurus.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:20am On Jun 16, 2018
holubukola:
PLEASE HELP,

Sure very possible so far you will still have resident status in the UK during your PhD application and admission processes. However, if your visa expires before then, you are expected to leave the UK or extend your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:28am On Jun 16, 2018
monchat:

Since, they can not invite y mum, ps I will advice her to just apply as a tourist with the intention to visit the UK for summer holiday.

There is no place in the application she is asked to write reason of visiting. What is asked is purpose of visiting, she picks the purpose from the options in dialog box. My advice again is that she should book hotel reservation as where she will stay, bc if she mentions she will stay in y sister's house, your sister has to provide all her details, which I guess, she might not have all, bc the ECO will like to see that y sister is capable of accomodating her during her stay in the uk and also if she state y sister address as where she will staying, y sister phone number will be included in the address of the place she will stay and the ECO might wish to call her to verify if she is expecting some one, who is the person to her etc, and the ECO will also wonder why letter of invitation is not included in d application, so to avoid all these complications, she should just book hotel or hostel in booking.com, as soon as she gets the visa, she cancel it. When she is ready to travel, she can book again bc, of when she gets to POE, she might be asked where she will staying, when she finally gets to y sisters house, she cancel d reservation.

Also when filling the application, she will come across the place that is asked if she knows anybody in the UK, will she be visiting? The person status in the UK, so it is left for y mum and sister to decide what she will answer there . But, I do advice pple if u are not very sure of the person status in the UK and if the person is not ready to provide relevant documents about his/her self, ps just click NO and avoid any complications and denial. All the best to y mum

This advice is misinformation and should not be encouraged on this forum. The fact that you declare that you know someone in the UK, does not necessarily mean that you must provide relevant documents about that person. You are only required to provide relevant document about that person if you intend to visit or stay with the person.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:41am On Jun 16, 2018
cuteyangel:

Your mum have every right to visit her daughter for omugu or whatever. Read back through this thread and you will find several successful applicants in the same shoes as your mother. Package your application very well with all necessary documents and your mother will get the visa irrespective of your sister’s husband working part time and studying. Going for a visiting visa without a definite purpose is not advisable as your mother is neither a tourist or frequent traveler. Beside UKVI already have some data on your mother as your sister must have included her name and date of birth when she was filling her spousal visa application to join her husband in the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:44am On Jun 16, 2018
[quote author=opomulero post=68522813][/quote]

Type written is better. You can include as many as you like so far it provide detail explanation to your application form and documents submitted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:09am On Jun 16, 2018
monchat:

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

I'm seeing this a lot from you and i'm not comfortable with it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cuteyangel(f): 10:06am On Jun 16, 2018
monchat:

Thanks for the assist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cuteyangel(f): 10:08am On Jun 16, 2018
ekpotek:

Your mum have every right to visit her daughter for omugu or whatever. Read back through this thread and you will find several successful applicants in the same shoes as your mother. Package your application very well with all necessary documents and your mother will get the visa irrespective of your sister’s husband working part time and studying. Going for a visiting visa without a definite purpose is not advisable as your mother is neither a tourist or frequent traveler. Beside UKVI already have some data on your mother as your sister must have included her name and date of birth when she was filling her spousal visa application to join her husband in the UK.

Thanks. Will go through the thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by monchat(m): 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
©
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2018
monchat:

Haba, this your advice just knocked me to sleep. You have just confused this poster and screwed his/her thinking big time.

Ok TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER:
Let me make it simple... IGNORE ALL YOU JUST READ ABOVE. . No offence meant Monchat.

Based on your explanation, the husband holds a settled status. So irrespective of them working part-time/schooling etc. it doesn’t count as negative.

Let them send and invitation letter to the mum clearly stating reason for visit, if they cannot sponsor due to lack of funds, they should clearly state they will be accommodating her for the duration of stay.

The mother who is visiting can paytowards the visit to cover flight with some extra pocket money for the period of stay so she needs to produce her finance papers and evidence of retirement etc.

The application form is pretty clear when completing the part of Who is paying for visit and how much money the visit will cost the applicant.

A cover letter or the additional information section of the form can also be used to make the situation even clearer.

I can guarantee you a refusal if that retiree ventures the tourist standalone application route .

There are quite a few of this sort of application on here. You can see docs they supplied for guidance. If not post your list of docs here , the extremely helpful people on this forum will guide you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
monchat:

Ps I am not giving false information. Relevant documents does not mean that the person is submitting it with d application, which I am aware of, since the person is not staying or visiting. What I mean is relevant documents for verification. Before u put any one in y application, u av to be very sure that the person has a genuine stay by requesting for relevant documents to enable u verify by yourself. I do use my family friend for my application, she sent me relevant documents, to enable me verify, I was satisfied about it and I used her and I never submitted the documents with my application.

One does not just put any relative/friend in the application bc of the person lives in the uk without u verifying the person status . Seeing is believing than someone tells u, i av a stay in the UK and u believe without seeing for y self, whereas the person does not av a stay. In her own case, I am not sure and comfortable about her sister and hubby status in the UK, so that is why I advised that, it is left for the sister and mum to decide, if the sister is very sure she has a genuine stay in the uk ,then she go ahead and fill it, if she is not sure of her daughter's stay let her d'nt even border to mention it. Most people in Nigeria av relatives living in uk but, most of them d'nt av stay. Can u put someone that u are not sure of his/her stay in y application?

I know u av corrected me before which was noted and I av been careful about it. Thanks for that . I am not okay with people puting someone they are not sure of his/her status and someone that can not give u relevant documents / informations about themselves to enable u verify.

Once again your reasoning and defense does not hold water! First it is wishful thinking and I doubt that someone staying illegally in the UK will want invite you!. The OP has stated clearly that her sister and her husband are legally residing in the UK, but do not have sufficient finances to fully sponsor their mother. Why then do you advise that OP should lied about having relatives in the UK. Assuming the OP mother got the visa through misinformation, what gain will that be, when she can be sent back at POE if she is unable to provide acceptable explaination of her intention in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Omodadi2: 4:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Good day people, please how much do you think is sufficient as funds to apply for UK visa for a family of 2?

And pls where can I see a full application procedure as I don't want to use agent. Thanks in advance for your response.

Also, I understand that one need to explain any lump sum in the account to be used, how much could be assumed as lump sum because I know it's relative.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wxyz1: 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Hello gurus in the house I need a sound advice. I want to relocate my family to UK or Canada. Two kids plus their mum. The kids ages are 5 and 7. I have a very sound company with sound account (not boasting o). I intent to grant the kids scholarship through the Company while the mum serve as a guardian since they are very young. My questions now are:
1. Would this plan above fly;
2. Is there school for kids in UK or Canada that is not too expensive;
3. What kind of Visa would be suitable for this plan;
4. Should we go for a visit first to get their school, then return back to apply for study permit
5. What more............
Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Me4wealth2018: 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
Hi guys

Please how long does it take to get appointment?Planning to submit application on Monday, is it possible to get appointment that same week?

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.