Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:40 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1510912 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 6:39am On Jun 17, 2018
Me4wealth2018:
Hi guys

Please how long does it take to get appointment?Planning to submit application on Monday, is it possible to get appointment that same week?

It doesn't take anything. Immediately you finish filling your application form, the appointment day will come next, select any date you like or keep refreshing the page to see if you can get a closer date when anyone drops their appointment date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nitrogen(m): 6:48am On Jun 17, 2018
bigbus:

As long as you don't need to carry both, you should be fine. Other gurus can say whether it can have any implication in the future (eg. submitting both passports for another visa application for other countries; if NIS officer at airport can 'complain' that your visa is dated before the old 'un-cancelled' passport expired; etc.)

You can still cancel. At any NIS Passport office. (Previous times I did, it always took less than 5 minutes: only need to identify where the office is, and the officer simply stamps a couple of pages and its done.)

Not an issue really. I had a two passports when I travelled to the UK in March. There were no questions regarding the old one that expired some days ago. I presented both at POE (in Heathrow).

He may decide to present the new one, and keep the other.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
nitrogen:

Not an issue really. I had a two passports when I travelled to the UK in March. There were no questions regarding the old one that expired some days ago. I presented both at POE (in Heathrow).

He may decide to present the new one, and keep the other.

Are you on a visit visa? Did you present both valid passports at the departure airport in Nigeria? I doubt it, as I have witnessed the razzmatazz of NIS officials a couple of times.
Last trip sef, it was the SSS guys that were starting their own issues with passport of the person in front of me.... something that wasn't their business. Then again, nothing may happen, they may overlook or skip, perhaps if they have already had a "happy" day.
I have held two unexpired, but cancelled without prejudice passports in the days of 32 pages only (because of valid visas in cancelled ones). Shalom.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wxyz1: 9:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
wxyz1:
Hello gurus in the house I need a sound advice. I want to relocate my family to UK or Canada. Two kids plus their mum. The kids ages are 5 and 7. I have a very sound company with sound account (not boasting o). I intent to grant the kids scholarship through the Company while the mum serve as a guardian since they are very young. My questions now are:
1. Would this plan above fly;
2. Is there school for kids in UK or Canada that is not too expensive;
3. What kind of Visa would be suitable for this plan;
4. Should we go for a visit first to get their school, then return back to apply for study permit
5. What more............
Thanks in anticipation
it seems no one get any glue to my question above. @ Just Wise please help out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 9:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
wxyz1:

Since your company is very sound, why not go for UK Business investor visa? It has been mentioned a couple of times on this thread. Go through or search the thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Adeyemiseun24(m): 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hi guys,
Pls, I just completed my UK visa application and submitted,but I later discovered an error in the employment history.
I converted my monthly expenses( look living costs) and amount giving to family members out of my salary to pounds(£) ,but I forgot to put the pounds symbol in front of the amounts. Though, I filled my monthly salary after tax in Naira.

So,how do I go about getting it corrected or should I leave it like ?f it won't cause any issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
Hi everyone.. Please I need an urgent answer to this question.

My sister booked a hotel from Airbnb in respect to her husbands Visa application. His appointment is tomorrow and she was just informed that her reservation has been canceled..

Can she booked another hotel to submit at TLS tomorrow? Would it affect his application because she has already written down the address of the accommodation in his application.

Kindly assist me. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2018
PrechyJoe:

My sister booked a hotel from Airbnb in respect to her husbands Visa application. His appointment is tomorrow and she was just informed that her reservation has been canceled..

Can she booked another hotel to submit at TLS tomorrow? Would it affect his application because she has already written down the address of the accommodation in his application.

I don't know. You can try make a fresh booking at the same Airbnb. If you choose to make a fresh hotel booking, you can include the info about the change in a cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
Adeyemiseun24:
Hi guys,
Pls, I just completed my UK visa application and submitted,but I later discovered an error in the employment history.
I converted my monthly expenses( look living costs) and amount giving to family members out of my salary to pounds(£) ,but I forgot to put the pounds symbol in front of the amounts. Though, I filled my monthly salary after tax in Naira.

So,how do I go about getting it corrected or should I leave it like ?f it won't cause any issue
I am not sure you can make any changes after your biometrics/submission. You probably can recall/cancel your application, but you lose your visa fee. Perhaps you can just leave things as they are and hope for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:42pm On Jun 17, 2018
Adeyemiseun24:
Hi guys,

Explain this error in a cover note to ECO and submit it as part of your document.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2018
PrechyJoe:

Sure book another hotel and include the new reservation as part of your documentation and explain the reason for change of reservation in a cover note.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:53pm On Jun 17, 2018
wxyz1:

What type of scholarship are awarded to children? Is it to study kindergarten or primary education? Man if you have the fund to send your family to Canada try their permanent resident visa programme. Better still look for school in Canada or UK and pay the fee if accepted. Wether they will be issue visa is another thing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mulannoire(f): 6:22am On Jun 18, 2018
ekpotek:

Hi if you’re really what you just said. You do not need an invite to visit the UK. Your UK education and travel history to the UK in the past should count here. Just apply to take a vacation/visit during the time of the birthday and you will be fine. Honestly I don’t think the ECO will give you a visa to spend close to N500K to go and attend a birthday party of someone not related to you in the UK.

Thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mulannoire(f): 6:27am On Jun 18, 2018
ekpotek:

Hi if you’re really what you just said. You do not need an invite to visit the UK. Your UK education and travel history to the UK in the past should count here. Just apply to take a vacation/visit during the time of the birthday and you will be fine. Honestly I don’t think the ECO will give you a visa to spend close to N500K to go and attend a birthday party of someone not related to you in the UK.

Thank you very much. How do i handle the work iand account issue?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 6:52am On Jun 18, 2018
bigbus:

I don't know. You can try make a fresh booking at the same Airbnb. If you choose to make a fresh hotel booking, you can include the info about the change in a cover letter.

Thank you dear
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wxyz1: 6:53am On Jun 18, 2018
ekpotek:

What type of scholarship are awarded to children? Is it to study kindergarten or primary education? Man if you have the fund to send your family to Canada try their permanent resident visa programme. Better still look for school in Canada or UK and pay the fee if accepted. Wether they will be issue visa is another thing.
Thank you, that is my concerns. Well, no harm in trying. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 6:53am On Jun 18, 2018
ekpotek:

Sure book another hotel and include the new reservation as part of your documentation and explain the reason for change of reservation in a cover note.

Thank you very Much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wxyz1: 7:02am On Jun 18, 2018
bigbus:

Since your company is very sound, why not go for UK Business investor visa? It has been mentioned a couple of times on this thread. Go through or search the thread.
thanks, let me check how it works, but if it's require me to be present in the UK, it will be difficult.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2018
mulannoire:

Thank you very much. How do i handle the work iand account issue?

Read back you see many self employed applicant that have successfully gotten a UK visit visa. Anything you are not clear about, come back at ask the question.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2018
wxyz1:
thanks, let me check how it works, but if it's require me to be present in the UK, it will be difficult.

A UK business investor visa will require you having a minimum of £200000 to invest in thecUK and if approved will grant you and your family 3-5 years resident in the UK. You may not be present in the UK all the time, depending on the type of investment or business. But if you want your resident to be counted toward Permanent resident you must not be outside the UK for a period totaling 180 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wxyz1: 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
ekpotek:

A UK business investor visa will require you having a minimum of £200000 to invest in thecUK and if approved will grant you and your family 3-5 years resident in the UK. You may not be present in the UK all the time, depending on the type of investment or business. But if you want your resident to be counted toward Permanent resident you must not be outside the UK for a period totaling 180 days.
thank you for the information.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wxyz1: 5:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
ekpotek:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 9:24am On Jun 19, 2018
ekpotek:

Sorry for the refusal. Can you post the refusal letter here so that experts in this forum can advise accordingly incase you want to reapply.

hi boss, this is the refusal letter...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 9:27am On Jun 19, 2018
@justwise @ekpotek @everygurus

please advice cos i'm re applying asap.. thanks and God bless!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:17am On Jun 19, 2018
alert20:

The refusal letter is clear enough. Given your presence on this thread, this mistake is a carelessness on your part. You need to provide detailed documentation on those funds coming into your account and why are the funds are being paid into your account? Is it for payment of services or what? Clearly 2.4M entering into your account from undisclosed sources is not acceptable. If you can tackle this, then you can reapply. Also the ECO also considered your travel history. This is usually taking into consideration if your reasons for the visa is for tourism.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2018
Gurus come and advice me oh, I just picked up my passport and my visa was refused. The reason just didn't make sense to me.
I applied for a visit visa, I work in a company where I'm also a co owner. So I submitted CAC documents, tax clearance, letterso of introduction on company letter heads, my account statement, company account statement. Among other things. I'll be going for myou masters in the USA in the fall so I also attached my admission packet and appointment withis the US embassy.
Gurus in the house kindly advice if I should reapply.
Cc@ justwise, epkotek kindly weigh in

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
alert20:

Alerti, u nearly got the visa.

Explain the cash lodgment and back it up with document.

Hope u submit ur payslips.

Thats my own opinion though....over to d expertz in da house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by enthusiasm: 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2018
please guys kindly advice.

enthusiasm:
Gurus come and advice me oh, I just picked up my passport and my visa was refused. The reason just didn't make sense to me.
I applied for a visit visa, I work in a company where I'm also a co owner. So I submitted CAC documents, tax clearance, letterso of introduction on company letter heads, my account statement, company account statement. Among other things. I'll be going for myou masters in the USA in the fall so I also attached my admission packet and appointment withis the US embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2018
My interpretations:

1. The ECO did could only see 2 salary payments from the company account into your salary account. Maybe u should explain why 2 salary corresponds while d remaining 4 months salary did not

2. The ECO did not see your travel plan/itinery: how u wan waka for d 11 days.

I think they dont count money in your business account as income for u, oyinbi na oyinbo, dem no dey join business money with pleasure money, they are very strict on that.

So i think all your income dt u wish to use in travelling should be accrued in ur salary account and backed up with documnents or explanations.

I rest my case....over to da expertz in da house

enthusiasm:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
Anyone here who applied on the 25th of May?

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.