Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1521604 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2018
Swallow2k312355:
Hello justwise ? Expotek and other gurus in the house I applied for a standard visitor visa (short stay) for my family I got 2 years visa my wife 6 months and the eco denied my daughter saying why affidavit why not Birth certificate now I want to reapply again next week so we can travel together. I need to know if I can submit my last bank statement of account dated May 22nd but We did our biometric on June 21st we got our passport back on July 11th . Do I have to print another bank statement or still submit the one I used ?? Pls help me out

Print a current bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Travelmonk: 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
Hello All,

Great forum as always.
Just want to ask about your opinion on my chances.
I just applied for my family:

Me: Been to U.S 3times (Bus.,/leisure),
Been to UK 3times (Business) still
with valid standard visa

Wifey: Been to US 3 times (2 holiday trips, 1 birthing)

Child 1: No history, under 12

Child 2: U.S Citizen)
Child 3: U.S Citizen). TRIPLETS
Child 4: U.S Citizen)

I applied explaining I already have a visa but it's a family holiday, I will be supporting with £1k as wifey is sole applicant with a total budget of £4.5k. Hotels booked, some family fun tickets purchased, others will be on entrance(communication with event centres sbmitted also), wifey statement 5mm. Your kind response is appreciated

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2018
Travelmonk:
Hello All,

Great forum as always.
Just want to ask about your opinion on my chances.
I just applied for my family:

Me: Been to U.S 3times (Bus.,/leisure),
Been to UK 3times (Business) still
with valid standard visa

Wifey: Been to US 3 times (2 holiday trips, 1 birthing)

Child 1: No history, under 12

Child 2: U.S Citizen)
Child 3: U.S Citizen). TRIPLETS
Child 4: U.S Citizen)

I applied explaining I already have a visa but it's a family holiday, I will be supporting with £1k as wifey is sole applicant with a total budget of £4.5k. Hotels booked, some family fun tickets purchased, others will be on entrance(communication with event centres sbmitted also), wifey statement 5mm. Your kind response is appreciated

Thanks

Is there a reason at all you think this won't fly? On the surface, it looks a done deal though as much as the basics were appropriately covered, like; form filling, no previous issues with them (and even with the US), eldest child/children being on holiday at the time, sound account running despite the N5m balance in wifey's account, etc....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
KDK:

Please relax, each case is reviewed on its individual merits. I know of someone that got a 10 year visa with a similar account balance. I wish u the best.

Thanks bro...God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2018
buddiemm:

KDK, thanks. We have a newspaper publication we did in 2016 but I have never submitted it in my previous application that is why I am thinking if I should go and do another newspaper publication so the ECO won't say I hided anything in my previous application. My wife has never applied for a U.K. visa before but I do write her name in my previous application under SPOUSE INFORMATION with her maiden name as her surname.
Sir, I can see you are very worried about this. There is nothing to worry about here. The name you have in your previous application is valid. Use the old publication. I want to believe your publication states that all former documents remain valid. If you want, you can give an explanation in your cover letter. You don't need a new publication. The old one even gives you more authenticity/credibility. Just state that you erroneously addressed your wife by her maiden name. All the best sir.

NB. Follow Justwise's advised steps. There is no need to fret.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2018
iapt:

Thanks bro...God bless you
Amen!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2018
Good evening guys, Please how long does it take to get passport back in case of a withdrawal (passport is with UKVI but no decision made yet). Thank you. Cc justwise. Everyone. Please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 9:45am On Jul 16, 2018
Hello guys
Please is there anyone in the house that had their biometrics between 22nd and 25th June and received their passport back?
It’s 15 working days and a decision hasn’t still been made on my dad and brothers application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nonny1234: 11:53am On Jul 16, 2018
Hello guys...
After d long wait I got my passport 2day. Visa was granted. For both my daughter and I. (Single mum)
I came to this page after submitting so when I read thru I started having anxiety cos I made lots of mistakes. Starting from submitting a minus salary account and chunking money in my other account a week b4 submitting (with a sponsor thou)..and I didn't explain nada in any cover letter.
I thank God o! Indeed everyone's application is different regardless of funds and all. They have how they analyse these things. I have travelled once b4 thou!
I am grateful.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2018
Nonny1234:
Hello guys...
After d long wait I got my passport 2day. Visa was granted. For both my daughter and I. (Single mum)
I came to this page after submitting so when I read thru I started having anxiety cos I made lots of mistakes. Starting from submitting a minus salary account and chunking money in my other account a week b4 submitting (with a sponsor thou)..and I didn't explain nada in any cover letter.
I thank God o! Indeed everyone's application is different regardless of funds and all. They have how they analyse these things. I have travelled once b4 thou!
I am grateful.

Nice. When did you submit your biometrics? When did you get your status update email ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nonny1234: 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
[quote author=abnot post=69429280]

Nice. When did you submit your biometrics? When did you get your status update email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Enybaby2018: 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2018
Thanks guys. we ( me and daughter) got a 6months visa. picked it up lastweek.
Thank you thank you.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2018
Nonny1234:
Hello guys...
I am grateful.

Congratulations!! Enjoy your trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Travelmonk: 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Is there a reason at all you think this won't fly? On the surface, it looks a done deal though as much as the basics were appropriately covered, like; form filling, no previous issues with them (and even with the US), eldest child/children being on holiday at the time, sound account running despite the N5m balance in wifey's account, etc....

Thanks OmoB...

Sure would let the house know the outcome. Best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2018
Gurus kindly intervene, long post alert! !!!!!!

I recently got ptdf scholarship for my PhD in the UK and I have secured admission to resume school 10/10/2018.
As a PhD student I believe can travel with ones family. (My husband and a son in my case) and I wold love to go with them.

So my visa type should be Tier 4 (General student )

WE'VE NOT TRAVELED OUT OF NAIJA BEFORE

My questions

1. How much do we need in our account for the
28days b4 visa application
2. How many years visa will be given to my dependants
3. How soon can my family ( dependants) join me, " can we even resume together in October" ?
4. What are the documents to be submitted for the visa application
4. On getting to UK will my husband be allowed to work
5. Are there day care for 1yr old babies
6. In how many weeks can we get a decision on our visa application.

Please Educate me.

Thanks alot!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by walmart: 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
Good day experts. I did my biometrics on the 6th of June, till date no passport in sight. Each type I track, no decision has been made. The training I was going for was to start today. That aside, I have another trip which I have already paid for which I do not want to miss. Please does anyone know if there is any need to call UK immigration to enquire, and if I cancel my application how long will it take to get my passport back?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Me4wealth2018: 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2018
Me4wealth2018:

Hi Justwise,

Thank you very much
Please can I reach you either via mail or telephone?
I need an urgent clarification from u

Thanks for your assistance

Thanks for the info
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2018
Nonny1234:
Hello guys...
I am grateful.

Congratulatiioonnssss! smiley smiley

Pls, how much was your account balance and what is your travel history ( where have you been)

Have a safe trip with your daughter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by LissiHome: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
This is very useful information for me. Thank you very much for the link!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 7:35pm On Jul 16, 2018
Did anybody submit their application today at TLS Ikeja...chaaaii it was too stressful, the crowd was massive plus rain...i just pray Allah *SWT* crown our individual effort...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2018
ekpotek:

Unemployment is only acceptable if your mother is looking for work. Home making/housewife is preferably if she is an elderly person. What was her status in her previous application in 2011? Just explain in your cover letter why your mother is unemployed.

You budget line should only be for her flight ticket and perhaps £100 for incidentals. Accommodation and feeding is free. She coming there to see her grandson, so all those expense like shopping, etc should be eliminated. Move money to you current account and re submit both current and saving accounts and explain to ECO to show you have access you saving account, you have moved £2000 to your current account. Then you can also credit your mum account with flight ticket money and £100 pocket money. Again move the fund from your savings and explain to the ECO that you doing this so that you have access to this account and she can buy her ticket from Nigeria. The ECO want so see that you have access to your saving account, so show it.

I am trying to now fill in a new application. In regards to the above, what should I fill in as her employment status considering that she is a housewife/home maker?

Kindly advise on this please.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2018
Nonny1234:
Hello guys...
I am grateful.

Congratulations.

What's your relationship with your sponsor. Did he/she sponsor both of you. Am sorry if am asking too many questions, they will help in my application

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2018
kemitomi:
Gurus kindly intervene, long post alert! !!!!!!

I recently got ptdf scholarship for my PhD in the UK and I have secured admission to resume school 10/10/2018.
As a PhD student I believe can travel with ones family. (My husband and a son in my case) and I wold love to go with them.

So my visa type should be Tier 4 (General student )

WE'VE NOT TRAVELED OUT OF NAIJA BEFORE

My questions

1. How much do we need in our account for the
28days b4 visa application
2. How many years visa will be given to my dependants
3. How soon can my family ( dependants) join me, " can we even resume together in October" ?
4. What are the documents to be submitted for the visa application
4. On getting to UK will my husband be allowed to work
5. Are there day care for 1yr old babies
6. In how many weeks can we get a decision on our visa application.

Please Educate me.

Thanks alot!

This is the wrong thread, ask your question here https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2018
sweetrie:
Good evening guys, Please how long does it take to get passport back in case of a withdrawal (passport is with UKVI but no decision made yet). Thank you. Cc justwise. Everyone. Please.

No idea, somebody here had the same experience but i don't know how long it took before he got his passport back, keep calling and emailing them.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
walmart:
Good day experts. I did my biometrics on the 6th of June, till date no passport in sight. Each type I track, no decision has been made. The training I was going for was to start today. That aside, I have another trip which I have already paid for which I do not want to miss. Please does anyone know if there is any need to call UK immigration to enquire, and if I cancel my application how long will it take to get my passport back?
Thanks.

You have to call or email them first, have you visited to the visa centre to know if by any chance your passport is there?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by walmart: 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2018
justwise:

You have to call or email them first, have you visited to the visa centre to know if by any chance your passport is there?

Thanks, l will visit the visa center and find out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 9:42pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hi guys. So I just called ukvi in regards to my family’s application. They had their biometrics on 25th June and a decision hasn’t been made on their application.
Anyway, i was getting worried as my graduation is on Friday and I need my family here to cheer me on so I called today and I was told a decision was made on one application. They’re three applications and they submitted as a family.
Is it normal that they make a decision on one application and the others still pending?
It’s confusing to me. Please is anyone familiar with this kind of situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 9:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
justwise:

No idea, somebody here had the same experience but i don't know how long it took before he got his passport back, keep calling and emailing them.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Otokini01: 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2018
Hello everyone I am new on this thread. Please I wanted to find out details on how to go about my application. I have filled the form not submitted though , I am a homemaker and my husband is sponsoring my trip with my son I wanted to know if on the column that says how much you spend in a month if I am allowed to write anything considering that I don't have any monthly earnings. Plus my son is a us citizen should I still carry any documents for him since we will be going together. Also I have a valid us visa do you think that can help my chances of them overlooking the fact that I am currently not employed. Thanks all hope to get a response soon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Otokini01: 10:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
Please why does this form appear like this cos the standard visa form i am filling isnt showing all this details quote author=person123 post=69238671]Hello Nairaland am new to this forum and have read some of your comments which are helpful. Please kindly help me in analyzing my UK visa decision which i collected on the 9th of July. Also see attached my refusal letter and visa application i filled. I own and manage a registered firm of estate surveyors and valuers (Registered with CAC as a Business Name as part of the rules governing our body. i look forward hearing from my good people in the house. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.