Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:31 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1511041 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by westindiandoc: 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
kay1one2:

March 30. Aint read much. Hopeful.

U would be fine bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kay1one2(m): 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
justwise:

Congratulations

Thanks boss. Na oga u be.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kay1one2(m): 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ok house. My guy who applied with me had a money lodgement of 400k and got bounced even after i strongly advised against it.
Should he forget sponsoring himself and get a sponsor. Told him to come and register here and get turorials.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by westindiandoc: 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
kay1one2:
Ok house. My guy who applied with me had a money lodgement of 400k and got bounced even after i strongly advised against it.
Should he forget sponsoring himself and get a sponsor. Told him to come and register here and get turorials.

The guys here are doing a great job. Information is power and when it comes at dis price---FREE it makes it even wonderful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by westindiandoc: 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
justwise:

No evidence at all that you took the exam during that period?

I am still trying to find something. Looking through my emails and old documents.

Modified: After typing the earlier statement, I got an inspiration to check my other email. Evidences have been found. Now I can use it. BUT I worry that I would come across as being dishonest in the first place?? Don't u guys think so? Does the ECO forgive smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Rihannaola(f): 6:05am On Feb 05, 2016
kay1one2:
Thanks all. Visa came out today successful. Westindiandoc plab 2.
Congrats! When did they email you the decision's been made, and when did you get confirmation that it was ready for collection (how many days), if I may ask? - trying to ascertain the delivery time for VI applications processed in Sheffield.
Also, does your visa's validity start on the day it was issued, or your travel date?
Thanks for sharing!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Rihannaola(f): 6:19am On Feb 05, 2016
westindiandoc:

I am still trying to find something. Looking through my emails and old documents.

Modified: After typing the earlier statement, I got an inspiration to check my other email. Evidences have been found. Now I can use it. BUT I worry that I would come across as being dishonest in the first place?? Don't u guys think so? Does the ECO forgive smiley
Spending 5 months in the UK is still within the visa's frame of use, as you're allowed up to 6 months on each visit on a non-settlement visa.
If you stayed longer so you could write an exam, the visa also covers short-term study up to 1 month duration.
I think the question would then be; did you have to go on a study longer than that, or you only went in for the exam (and how long did the exams take). These will help you define clearly the necessity of presenting it to them, and to what extent it suffices.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kay1one2(m): 7:21am On Feb 05, 2016
Rihannaola:

Congrats! When did they email you the decision's been made, and when did you get confirmation that it was ready for collection (how many days), if I may ask? - trying to ascertain the delivery time for VI applications processed in Sheffield.
Also, does your visa's validity start on the day it was issued, or your travel date?
Thanks for sharing!

Mailed that decision has been made on Saturday morning, then tls mailed it was ready for collection on thursday morning.
Validity begins on the day it was issued; friday 29 jan.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:33am On Feb 05, 2016
Rihannaola:

Spending 5 months in the UK is still within the visa's frame of use, as you're allowed up to 6 months on each visit on a non-settlement visa.
If you stayed longer so you could write an exam, the visa also covers short-term study up to 1 month duration
I think the question would then be; did you have to go on a study longer than that, or you only went in for the exam (and how long did the exams take). These will help you define clearly the necessity of presenting it to them, and to what extent it suffices.

That is not entirely true, given 6 months visa does not mean that you can stay 6 months in the UK without getting in trouble.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:41am On Feb 05, 2016
westindiandoc:

It's 50/50 and depend on how you present yourself case. It's depends on a lot of stuff...e.g when you applied for the visa were you working? How long did you state in application that you will spending in the Uk and how much were you budget? Do you have anybody in the uk and did you mention that in your application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 9:10am On Feb 05, 2016
justwise:

It's 50/50 and depend on how you present yourself case. It's depends on a lot of stuff...e.g when you applied for the visa were you working? How long did you state in application that you will spending in the Uk and how much were you budget? Do you have anybody in the uk and did you mention that in your application?

Why do they usually ask if you've got friends/family in the UK? And if you do they ask for their names, address, type of visa they are on, citizenship.... If you have friends/family in UK but decide to apply as a tourist with some form of hotel reservation does it raise some form of eyebrows?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by westindiandoc: 9:35am On Feb 05, 2016
justwise:

I was a student when I applied for d visa, but I had just graduated. I stated I would spend 3weeks with a family friend. So when I travelled in Feb 2012 I wrote d first part of d exam, and d original plan was to return to Nigeria and then go back. But becos I had free accommodation and with d advice of family, I stayed back to study over dere for d next exam which was 4months later. I didn't feel like I was breaking any law, becos I wasn't working and didn't seek medical care. I have friends that have stayed up to 5months in the past and still got a visa renewal even 5years visas.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:56am On Feb 05, 2016
westindiandoc:

I was a student when I applied for d visa, but I had just graduated. I stated I would spend 3weeks with a family friend. So when I travelled in Feb 2012 I wrote d first part of d exam, and d original plan was to return to Nigeria and then go back. But becos I had free accommodation and with d advice of family, I stayed back to study over dere for d next exam which was 4months later. I didn't feel like I was breaking any law, becos I wasn't working and didn't seek medical care. I have friends that have stayed up to 5months in the past and still got a visa renewal even 5years visas.

Oh well..if you knew all that and believed it why then are you worried about staying 5months and asking question about explaining it?

I was under the impression that you really want to understand why certain people can stay longer than stated in their application and still get their visas renewed while others will be rejected for the same offense.

Anyway..good luck with your application.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:01am On Feb 05, 2016
abnot:

Why do they usually ask if you've got friends/family in the UK? And if you do they ask for their names, address, type of visa they are on, citizenship.... If you have friends/family in UK but decide to apply as a tourist with some form of hotel reservation does it raise some form of eyebrows?

They ask that for so many reasons, if you have family/friend living illegally in the UK and plan to visit them you are more likely to over stay your visa. If anything happens to you while in the UK then they have somebody to contact, if you committed a crime while in the UK then they know where to start their investigation by contacting those people listed in your application form...etc

Using hotel reservation does not raise any eyebrows
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Rihannaola(f): 11:22am On Feb 05, 2016
westindiandoc:

The UK gives you no issues if you stayed within the brackets of your visa, whether you stated you want to visit for a day or 5 months. And I personally have had no such issues ever with their immigration, ...because it's within the confines of the visa issued.
Nonetheless, it doesn't mean they won't raise eyebrows when you say you're working / just graduated (so should be looking for a job), and you haven't any bank statements/ salary statements presented, inexplicable bank lodgements, stay for months longer than stated (leaving it unexplained in your next application)... - so they're thinking what job allows you to take months off?...In fact, they'll factor in the possibility that you're working illegally straight away.
Surely, you know better on which grounds you were previously denied as would be clearly stated on your refusal letter, and those grounds are simply really what you need to carefully address before reapplying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 11:37am On Feb 05, 2016
justwise:

They ask that for so many reasons, if you have family/friend living illegally in the UK and plan to visit them you are more likely to over stay your visa. If anything happens to you while in the UK then they have somebody to contact, if you committed a crime while in the UK then they know where to start their investigation by contacting those people listed in your application form...etc

Using hotel reservation does not raise any eyebrows

Oh okay . Many thanks Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by westindiandoc: 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Oh well..if you knew all and believed it why then are you worried about staying 5months and asking question about explaining it?

I was under the impression that you really want to understand why certain people can stay longer than stated in their application and still get their visas renewed while others will be rejected for the same offense.

Anyway..good luck with your application.

Justwise, I am just trying to get it right this time around. I feel like staying for 5months wouldn't have been an issue if not for my money lodgement issue and not submitting a 'proper' employment letter. So I worry that explaining d reasons for my rejection d last time will make dis application cumbersome. But if u all say it is ideal thing, I will do just that and hope for d best. UK visas had always been easy for me.. Until dis rejection I guess that why I am so worried.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by megastu(m): 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hi All,

A friend of mine had his wife's visa refused for not disclosing that she was previously denied in the past. She was further banned from applying till much later years. However she is married to a British Citizen. What are her options?

Thanks for responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
megastu:
Hi All,

A friend of mine had his wife's visa refused for not disclosing that she was previously denied in the past. She was further banned from applying till much later years. However she is married to a British Citizen. What are her options?

Thanks for responses.

Normally spouse visa application overrides such visa ban but that does not mean that you will get it at first application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by westindiandoc: 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
Rihannaola:

The UK gives you no issues if you stayed within the brackets of your visa, whether you stated you want to visit for a day or 5 months. And I personally have had no such issues ever with their immigration, ...because it's within the confines of the visa issued.
Nonetheless, it doesn't mean they won't raise eyebrows when you say you're working / just graduated (so should be looking for a job), and you haven't any bank statements/ salary statements presented, inexplicable bank lodgements, stay for months longer than stated (leaving it unexplained in your next application)... - so they're thinking what job allows you to take months off?...In fact, they'll factor in the possibility that you're working illegally straight away.
Surely, you know better on which grounds you were previously denied as would be clearly stated on your refusal letter, and those grounds are simply really what you need to carefully address before reapplying.

I feel like I have corrected most of my mistakes from d past application especially the money lodgement and employment parts. I just need to find a way to explain my 5 months stay in d uk without sounding dishonest.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bummi101: 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hello ,

I have summited my uk visa application online for tourist visa (6 months visa) put I will be staying for just 5days . I have paid online and finished the Tls form online .

After all I just realized that my passpor will soon expire is not up to 6months ,it's about 5months and so days.

I now reached online an saw the minimum requirement was to have a passport with at least 6month validity .

I have just done a new passport and collected it today .i intend to summit both old passport and the new one . Hope I will not have issues? Since I didn't state it in my application . I still have like two countries visa on my old passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bummi101: 5:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
I will only be staying for 5days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
Bummi101:
Hello ,

I have summited my uk visa application online for tourist visa (6 months visa) put I will be staying for just 5days . I have paid online and finished the Tls form online .

After all I just realized that my passpor will soon expire is not up to 6months ,it's about 5months and so days.

I now reached online an saw the minimum requirement was to have a passport with at least 6month validity .

I have just done a new passport and collected it today .i intend to summit both old passport and the new one . Hope I will not have issues? Since I didn't state it in my application . I still have like two countries visa on my old passport.

Why don't you just make a new application and apply for a refund for the first application you've submitted online ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bummi101: 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
How do I make a new application ? And how do I get a refund ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Simplesoul05(m): 6:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
Please elaborate me on the meaning of "Type of work undertaken"

Also the issuing authority space is not enough to fill in nigerian immigration service. what should I put there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Simplesoul05(m): 6:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
What is d conversion rate thats been use for the application I mean GBP to Naira
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 6:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
Simplesoul05:

Also the issuing authority space is not enough to fill in nigerian immigration service. what should I put there?

I put Fed Govt of Nigeria in mine .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
Simplesoul05:
What is d conversion rate thats been use for the application I mean GBP to Naira

The conversion rate found on http://www.oanda.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nwank85(f): 12:07am On Feb 06, 2016
Thanks for your unending contribution. I must commend you all, you are doing a great job here. Please I need answers to these questions

My husband is on scholarship with all expense and upkeep paid. he stays in a duplex that is occupied by 4 persons(mostly students like him) in the house including the landlady. He is inviting me but then the last occupant of the room he took, registered the phone line in his name, and the other utility bills are registered in the name of the land lady

1. How can we proof that he is one of the occupants of the house?

Then, I just finished my masters (will convocate in April) and just resumed work in January(in a school) with not too much account balance though my husband intend to sponsor me with 400k from his salary account here in Nigeria for a-2wk school vacation. My husband is a lecturer in one of the Federal University in Nigeria and has signed bond with the university and the scholarship board to return immediately after his studies in September.

2. Is this financial obligation and my tie (job and convocation) to my country solid enough to convince the consular officer?

Then where I work, my employer does'nt give confirmation letters to staff, when u are in then u are in.

3. Is it still neccesary to support my documents with the letter?

4. Do I need to submit my results and confirmation for my just concluded masters study just to justify my recent employment status?

Please, I need you all to analyse my questions. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 8:44am On Feb 06, 2016
nwank85:
Thanks for your unending contribution. I must commend you all, you are doing a great job here. Please I need answers to these questions

My husband is on scholarship with all expense and upkeep paid. he stays in a duplex that is occupied by 4 persons(mostly students like him) in the house including the landlady. He is inviting me but then the last occupant of the room he took, registered the phone line in his name, and the other utility bills are registered in the name of the land lady

1. How can we proof that he is one of the occupants of the house?

Then, I just finished my masters (will convocate in April) and just resumed work in January(in a school) with not too much account balance though my husband intend to sponsor me with 400k from his salary account here in Nigeria for a-2wk school vacation. My husband is a lecturer in one of the Federal University in Nigeria and has signed bond with the university and the scholarship board to return immediately after his studies in September.

2. Is this financial obligation and my tie (job and convocation) to my country solid enough to convince the consular officer?

Then where I work, my employer does'nt give confirmation letters to staff, when u are in then u are in.

3. Is it still neccesary to support my documents with the letter?

4. Do I need to submit my results and confirmation for my just concluded masters study just to justify my recent employment status?

Please, I need you all to analyse my questions. Thanks in anticipation.

A landlord tenancy agreement should be sufficient for proof of accommodation.

Though your employment ties is not substantial enough to convince any ECO, but since your husband is sponsoring the trip with N400k, you'll have to make your budget very prudent and give it a try.

If you're a visa officer and I tell you I work with SHELL Petroleum without any proof such as employment letter, what will be your decision?

You just started working with this company which is a red flag and you have no document to show your job is subsisting and will definitely bring you back to Nigeria after your visit i:e employment letter, salary account, payslip (showing monthly tax deduction), leave letter.

Your Msc has nothing to do with your application, a few visa officers lay emphasis on these three important tools. "Family ties, employment ties, financial ties and strengths.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 06, 2016
Simplesoul05:

Issuing authority isn't Nigerian Immigration Services.
Issuing authority is written on your passport.
e.g Ikoyi Lagos.
Check your passport. You'd see it.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kay1one2(m): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2016
trying to pay for a ticket; air france. saw something like maximum stay; 3 months. what does that mean? if for example i initially book for a return ticket of 1 month duration and need to stay back for say longer than 3month will the ticket still be valid. although in ''terms and conditions'ticket validity is 1 year. minimum stay; nil minimum stay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.