Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,632 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1521498 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 5:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
abnot:

I heard it takes three weeks for applications Sen to Sheffield to be treated . You know anyone who got a decision made in two weeks ?

In two weeks you should get a mail that a decision has been made on your application and by the third week you should have your passport back..... all things being equal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bummi101: 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
If you apply tru abuja how long does it take ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
ifyalways:

Yes, write a letter to the ECO and also include a verifiable prove as to source of the said funds eg receipts, invoices etc.
Thank you.
Are bank statements showing details of transfer enough proof?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mcluy(m): 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hi. I recently applied twice for a UK visa in order to write an exam but unfortunately my applications were rejected due to the fact that (1) They don't believe I want to write the exam despite submitting a confirmation letter and the result of my previous exam. (2) they had issues with my salary being paid into an account in my own name despite submitting my bank statement and payslips. Both applications were rejected within the space of a month.
So please guys, what should I do? When next can I reapply? And what can I do to rectify these issues?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
mcluy:
Hi. I recently applied twice for a UK visa in order to write an exam but unfortunately my applications were rejected due to the fact that (1) They don't believe I want to write the exam despite submitting a confirmation letter and the result of my previous exam. (2) they had issues with my salary being paid into an account in my own name despite submitting my bank statement and payslips. Both applications were rejected within the space of a month.
So please guys, what should I do? When next can I reapply? And what can I do to rectify these issues?

Two applications within a month! big red flag as you look desperate.
I do not suppose that you updated any of your documents either.

You need to examine why you were rejected very carefully and put right those things.
Also best to allow at least six months or a year to go by before applying again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by okoji: 10:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
abnot:

OOhh k . Havent gotten a mail but submitted at Teleperformance VI on Feb 1 sha. Where did you submit yours and on what date did you receive the application received email?

Submitted 2nd and received application received on 3rd.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 11:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
mcluy:

Kindly post the refusal wordings to enable nairalanders advice you better
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 11:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
okoji:

Submitted 2nd and received application received on 3rd.

Okay. Was the "received" message from Sheffield or BDHC Lagos or BHC Abuja ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pimpos: 8:45am On Feb 10, 2016
Abnot,why don't you try and be patient till your application sails through. You keep asking the same questions over and over again forgetting that nobody works with the BHC here. For someone that has been to the UK 10 times in that last 6 years,i must say you sound very green and too anxious. I hope you get a favourable response regarding your application sha(otherwise,i don't think we'll be safe on Nairaland). Cheers,man!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 10, 2016
Good morning gurus in the house I have found these forum educative.Quick one
my sister is sending me an invitation letter to UK but will Carter for my accommodation and feeding. and just paying for flight and transportation I earn 90k as salary I want to ask what is chances in getting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 9:13am On Feb 10, 2016
pimpos:
Abnot,why don't you try and be patient till your application sails through. You keep asking the same questions over and over again forgetting that nobody works with the BHC here. For someone that has been to the UK 10 times in that last 6 years,i must say you sound very green and too anxious. I hope you get a favourable response regarding your application sha(otherwise,i don't think we'll be safe on Nairaland). Cheers,man!

Well am not anxious . Am only on a tight schedule as I have another appointment (Germany) which I'll need my passport for on tuesday that's why I asked which I don't think is a crime.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by vcole: 9:35am On Feb 10, 2016
not a crime at all. you really just wanna know the time lines. when did you submit and what mails have you received thus far? you may wanna postpone the appointment with the German embassy if possible.
abnot:

Well am not anxious . Am only on a tight schedule as I have another appointment (Germany) which I'll need my passport for on tuesday that's why I asked which I don't think is a crime.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:40am On Feb 10, 2016
browncube:
Good morning gurus in the house I have found these forum educative.Quick one
my sister is sending me an invitation letter to UK but will Carter for my accommodation and feeding. and just paying for flight and transportation I earn 90k as salary I want to ask what is chances in getting visa

Your monthly salary is 90k
How long have you been working?
How much do you have in your account?
How much will this trip cost you? Your budget must be very prudent and realistic.
How long are you staying?
Are you married?
Do you have children?

Your answers will help to assess your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pimpos: 9:49am On Feb 10, 2016
Ok,now I understand. I hope it comes out on time for you to meet up your other appointment. All the best,guy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 10:10am On Feb 10, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Your monthly salary is 90k
How long have you been working?
How much do you have in your account?
How much will this trip cost you? Your budget must be very prudent and realistic.
How long are you staying?
Are you married?
Do you have children?
Your answers will help to assess your application

Even more important your strong ties to return home.
Without these you will be refused.
Job, letter from employer allowing leave and saying that you will return to your job after travel.
Family.
Managed landed property.
Anything else that may help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 10:12am On Feb 10, 2016
askari01:

My friend is 37 yrs old, his father died in the 80's, I am talking of his STEP father, The man who re-married his mother in the UK. Would like to know if his STEP father needs to include a letter with the document to be sent my friend which will signify that he is aware that my friend who is a STEP son is coming to visit his mother.
Not required but if he gets that,It won't be rejected either. Her mom's Iv letter and passport data page should suffice so long as the mom is legally married to the step dad and her stay is legal too, IMO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 10:17am On Feb 10, 2016
RetroBoy:

Thank you.
Are bank statements showing details of transfer enough proof?
Details of transfer how?
I think you should mention in your letter who sent/transferred the money and for what purpose. If its from your company,maybe a bonus, they should include it in your introduction letter, if its from other source, you just have to explain what it was used for/received for.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 10:17am On Feb 10, 2016
vcole:
not a crime at all. you really just wanna know the time lines. when did you submit and what mails have you received thus far? you may wanna postpone the appointment with the German embassy if possible.

Submitted on Feb 1 and received an email from Sheffield on feb 3 acknowledging receipt of my application . No further message from Sheffield but will contact the German consulate as you've advised
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pelumikorede(m): 12:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
Please family I have some questions I would love cleared.
First of all, I have had 3 jobs in the last 6 months, having just finished nysc I worked a locum at my father's business before getting a job with a reputable firm. I want to apply for a visa for an exam i have slated for may 10 and would like to spend 2 weeks. My questions is as follows
1) do. I need to put in payslips from my 3 jobs as my account shows income from the three sources, to verify the income in my 6 months bank statement?
2) I was paid in cash from my father's business but could get a pay certificate to that effect, and I also still help with administrative duties
3) I started my current job late December and I'm planning to apply for visa in 1st week of March
All this jobs are legit and with verifiable documents, so id appreciate how to input this in my application.
4) I'm unmarried but I have a landed property and shares, is this sufficient ties to my country?
Thank you very much in anticipation of your reply. @justwise @vicjustice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Simplesoul05(m): 12:24pm On Feb 10, 2016
Sirs and ma'am was tryin to make payment and the server messed up. Restarted the system and here is the message I got. What could be wrong?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vicjustice: 12:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
pelumikorede:
First of all, I have had 3 jobs in the last 6 months, having just finished nysc I worked a locum at my father's business before getting a job with a reputable firm. I want to apply for a visa for an exam i have slated for may 10 and would like to spend 2 weeks. My questions is as follows
1) do. I need to put in payslips from my 3 jobs as my account shows income from the three sources, to verify the income in my 6 months bank statement?
2) I was paid in cash from my father's business but could get a pay certificate to that effect, and I also still help with administrative duties
3) I started my current job late December and I'm planning to apply for visa in 1st week of March
All this jobs are legit and with verifiable documents, so id appreciate how to input this in my application.
4) I'm unmarried but I have a landed property and shares, is this sufficient ties to my country?
1) You would be considered ineligible for a visa as your employment history does not conform to the requirement.
2) Cash payment is unacceptable unless in certain limited circumstances.
3) A job that is less than 1 year old does not meet the requirement as its sustainability is not yet verifiable.
4) Land property that stands in isolation is not a tie.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pelumikorede(m): 12:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
Vicjustice:

1) You would be considered ineligible for a visa as your employment history does not conform to the requirement.
3) A job that is less than 1 year old does not meet the requirement as its sustainability is not yet verifiable.

What of social ties like having my parents sponsor me, and a letter of introduction stating that I'd be returning back to the job as its a firm that even the British high commission patronizes

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 1:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
Vicjustice:

@Vicjustice your answer number 3. What rules are you quoting here ? Never come across any rule that states that an applicant must spend one year at their place of employment

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pelumikorede(m): 1:13pm On Feb 10, 2016
abnot:

@your answer number 3. What rules are you quoting here ? Never come across any rule that states that an applicant must spend one year at their place of employment
@abnot is landed properties and shares not good enough ties to the country
And about the number 3, some people I know got visas and were not even employed, and this firm is one that is used by the British high commission in Lagos, of which they can verify. So wouldn't a letter of introduction to them suffice with payslips, thanks in anticipation of your reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pelumikorede(m): 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
And about the number 3, some people I know got visas and were not even employed, and this firm is one that is used by the British high commission in Lagos, of which they can verify. So wouldn't a letter of introduction to them suffice with payslips, thanks in anticipation of your reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
pelumikorede:

I have presented a question similar to your number 3 question on nairaland before but almost everyone claimed that I had to be working and earning above a certain amount monthly and all. So I can't give you a concrete answer nevertheless I know corpers and even unemployed fellows who apply for UK visas and get it. What I dont know is if they applied using their parents/sponsor documents or not.

On the other hand how much do you earn monthly from all your sources of income and how much is in the account in your name? Shares are not usually placed on the same level as available cash by the ECO's as it does not translate into available liquid cash
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by okoji: 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hello abnot, just picked up my visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by okoji: 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
Double post
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by vcole: 2:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
congrats. 8 days timeline cc: abnot what vac did you use?
okoji:
Hello abnot, just picked up my visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by vcole: 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
Just put in your application and fill as accurately as possible. under additional information you can explain briefly and clearly that you have worked in your current employment for x months and prior to that you had worked for 1 year at Bleep company under the nysc programme and as a part-time or locum staff for xx number of months in xx company and that you have included all documents of these in your application.
Include your nysc discharge certificate and any other documents you may have.
include a letter from your dad's company - employment letter as locum employee, payslips and any other documentary evidence.
include your most recent job offer of employment, payslips, a letter of introduction from your current employer.
your bank statement - you can make this more than 6 months duration so as to reflect salary/allowances payments if you so desire. also include your nysc salary account.
Include any land/property document in your name.
"over documentation" is better that "under documentation"
Use your dad as your sponsor.
include all the examination registration and/or payment documents.
Then write a detailed cover letter introducing yourself and explaining the change of jobs and anything else necessary.
Then take your chances.

pelumikorede:
pelumikorede:

What of social ties like having my parents sponsor me, and a letter of introduction stating that I'd be returning back to the job as its a firm that even the British high commission patronizes

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fehinebony(f): 5:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hello everyone, please I need an urgent advice my brother applied for a UK visa to go write the 2nd stage of an exam in the UK, he wrote the 1st stage here in naija. He got his passport today and was given 6weeks visa, despite applying for a 6month visa
The problem is the 6weeks visa ll expire 2wks b4 his schedule exam date which is march 29th, he was supposed to receive a 6weeks tutorial b4 the exam. Please what can be done to rectify this, he paid fees for tutorial and exam already and he included the prove of payments in his visa application @justwise, @vicjustice @vcole and all the gurus please I need an urgent response. Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Starsparklel: 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
good Day all. Pls I need concise advice on my visa refusal. I applied for a tourist visa, in Nov to travel to the UK to spend Christmas and visit my sister and her families..I applied as self employed.. Presented my CaC papers,, family pictures, utility bills of my sis abroad, previous travel recitpts,shop pictures,personal income tax,sponsor bio data,corporate acc statement. but got refused based on the fact that there very discrepancies on my tax papers not corresponding with the monthly income I stated, which was a mistake made by my lawyer which I had to go to Rirs complained and payed up the stipulated tax for the income I claimed, also swore an affidavit backing it up and used it in the next application.. Also they said how do they know am the owner of the company account am using..so I went to the bank got a reference form stating am the sole signatory to the account.which I also used in the next application.after making the corrections I applied two weeks later that's in Dec and got rejected again..this is the second refusal later. Pls what do you advice I do..what are the necessary requirement and paperwork I need to provide in my next application.. How can iexplain the reason for the huge some of money, do I need to back it up with police reports, bank statement of where it came from or company letter with the company letterhead stating why the transaction occurred in my acc?? Also how do I prove my cousin is my relative? It would have been easier to prove that if the person is biologically related.. Pls I need clarity on what to do Exactly inordered to have a smooth application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.