Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530886 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 30, 2016
slightlyMad:

if you have an immediate relative in the USA, you wont get a non-immigrant visa.
VO here will tell you it is still possible to get it but NO, they will waste your cash and time.
post your interview transcript here when you have it and pls quote me

that is so untrue! People get visas in spite of having an immediate relative living in the US. A lot of my family members have. If the VO is convinced with her ties and sees her as a genuine and honest applicant I don't see why not
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by slightlyMad(f): 9:56pm On May 30, 2016
iRyan:
that is so untrue! People get visas in spite of having an immediate relative living in the US. A lot of my family members have. If the VO is convinced with her ties and sees her as a genuine and honest applicant I don't see why not?

immediate relatives are brothers, sisters, father, mother who are permanent residents or citizens.
if you fill them on the ds-160, you wont.
maybe they have gotten it in the past and used it well, they may get it again on account of the integrity they have built
but apply now in 2016
To them, your immediate relative could file and once approved, you could adjust status, forget ties.
i wont argue much on this, wait for those 2 applicants i quoted

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 30, 2016
slightlyMad:

immediate relatives are brothers, sisters, father, mother who are permanent residents or citizens.
maybe they have gotten it in the past and used it well, they may get it again on account of the integrity they have built
but apply now in 2016
To them, your immediate relative could file and once approved, you could adjust status, forget ties.
my aunt got visa on her virgin passport last year. And she has two brothers in the US

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:40pm On May 30, 2016
iRyan:
my aunt got visa on her virgin passport last year. And she has two brothers in the US
Believe me nothing is cast in stone...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by slightlyMad(f): 10:56pm On May 30, 2016
iRyan:
congrats to her
my experience, a colleague of mine who earns over 300k monthly, married with kids here in nigeria, who has an LPR brother (LPRs can't even petition for siblings o) was told he has a strong tie to the US and should work with his relation in the US to get immigrant visa.

Please how can a sibling tie be stronger than a spousal tie

I also have a cousin who got rejected twice for f1 student visa, she was told on both occasions to go for immigrant visa instead
simply because she has a US citizen brother.

i won't say you lied because i cant tell her circumstances, age, travel history etc
but i have heard many denied on this that i think it is just a waste of cash and time

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kellykings84: 12:22am On May 31, 2016
Well, I have a sister, a citizen and mum, LPR in US but I was granted a tourist visa. First I tink it has to do with d perception of d Vo interviewing u dat moment, ur presentation den ur ties in Nigeria also.

It's a 50/50 chance, visa application is anyway, u can be given nd u myt not be, dere is no rule book except wen u have previous issues.

Some persons ll tell u if u re single, forget it but a lot of singles still get dere visas and a lot of married folks still get denied.

It's just an application, u myt get it, u myt not, don't Crack ur head trying to figure it out, be truthful, do a self assessment nd give it a try. Even d Vo here can't tell u if u ll get it or not

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 1:31am On May 31, 2016
slightlyMad:

but apply now in 2016

I got my visit visa granted few weeks ago, and yes I said I wanted to attend a function my American citizen sister ll be having in US.

It is more of your social and financial ties in Nigeria that ll give u a chance to be granted visa not weather you have a relative in us or not.

It is also true that at times it is more difficult to be granted tourist visa when you have an immediate family residing in US. But thousand of people still get their visa granted despite having American sibling living in US.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:42am On May 31, 2016
slightlyMad:

congrats to her
my experience, a colleague of mine who earns over 300k monthly, married with kids here in nigeria, who has an LPR brother (LPRs can't even petition for siblings o) was told he has a strong tie to the US and should work with his relation in the US to get immigrant visa.

Please how can a sibling tie be stronger than a spousal tie

I also have a cousin who got rejected twice for f1 student visa, she was told on both occasions to go for immigrant visa instead
simply because she has a US citizen brother.

i won't say you lied because i cant tell her circumstances, age, travel history etc
but i have heard many denied on this that i think it is just a waste of cash and time

Dude. I am aware that people's perceptions are colored by their experiences but really? Is that why you catergorically stated that one will DEFINITELY not get a visa despite folks posting their personal experiences?
You heard that many were denied , did you hear that all applicants with immediate family in the US have been denied?
@original poster, nobody can telll you whether ul get a visa or not. Though folks may tell you that from statistics , it seems folks are denied more often than not
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by onyekachi122: 8:01am On May 31, 2016
does that mean they don't give visa now or what please i really need to know because soon i will be going back there to sack for visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by barnaby04(m): 9:23am On May 31, 2016
barnaby04:

Good morning folks,

Waiting for una advise oo

Goodmorning guys,

Please I need an advice on a certain segment of the Ds-160 form. I want to visit the US in july for a short stay, have written to my employer for an introduction to the consular and also request for my 6 months payslips.

The issue now is that, just some few days ago, there was a slight upward review in our salaries and am now confused on what to state as my present income. Should I state the normal salary have been collecting or state the new one that have not yet been paid with?

Also, I did like to know, I requested that the introduction letter be addressed to US consular office in Lagos, but from the look of things, I intend booking an appointment with the Abuja office cos Lagos is already booked up for June.

Can I take the letter addressed to lagos consular office to Abuja for the interview as part of my supporting docs?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ruffp: 9:32am On May 31, 2016
This was exactly what I asked @ladyG. Someone told me that once u have a blood relative there,u have a higher chance of 'disappearing'. In which case they are encouraging people to lie in their application. How else do u explain one getting an unnecessarily unfair assessment simply becuz u hv a relative there?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oyi2: 9:45am On May 31, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nupital: 10:58am On May 31, 2016
Wow!

Different people with different experiences. I thank you all.

I strong believe in the correct representation of an applicant's information on the DS-160 form.

I will post my transcript sequel to my interview.

Regards,

Nupital
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:20pm On May 31, 2016
@LADYG don enter her own ooo grin... As far as I know she will never tell you categorical that someone will be denied or issued visa.. instead she will ask you to look at your ties and reason for traveling critically before applying so that you won't waste your money.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 1:28pm On May 31, 2016
ruffp:
This was exactly what I asked @ladyG. Someone told me that once u have a blood relative there,u have a higher chance of 'disappearing'. In which case they are encouraging people to lie in their application. How else do u explain one getting an unnecessarily unfair assessment simply becuz u hv a relative there?

There is an important point that you are missing.
As do many others.
The visa officers are trained to watch you and pick up signs that you are lying.
From your actions and the way you speak they will make a judgement.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by slightlyMad(f): 6:38pm On May 31, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Dude. I am aware that people's perceptions are colored by their experiences but really? Is that why you catergorically stated that one will DEFINITELY not get a visa despite folks posting their personal experiences?
You heard that many were denied , did you hear that all applicants with immediate family in the US have been denied?
@original poster, nobody can telll you whether ul get a visa or not. Though folks may tell you that from statistics , it seems folks are denied more often than not

Bro, pls follow up on those 2 applicants, up there, nupital and tmeeto
get their transcripts and let them give you their experiences next week.

I pray you both meet God's favour and have a sweet VO to interview both of you. Amen.

I will be proud to swallow my words

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yomisley: 7:12pm On May 31, 2016
Please people i already fill my ds-160 and interview date has been giving, and intend to stay less than 10 days and my bro is saying they will raise eyebrow and i don't see reason why i need to lie when i will definitely will not exceed more than the number of days i filled on my ds-160 and immediately i finish my business why will i have to stay cos 1. sleeping in hotel would cost more and to enjoy for like 15days would cost me more money now that the exchange rate is something else. can i still change somethings in my ds-160 after it has been submitted...cos i don't want to complicate what i have already filled on my ds-160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:04pm On May 31, 2016
slightlyMad:

Bro, pls follow up on those 2 applicants, up there, nupital and tmeeto
get their transcripts and let them give you their experiences next week.

I pray you both meet God's favour and have a sweet VO to interview both of you. Amen.

I will be proud to swallow my words
Please please please I am a Lady! grin
Bro ke! Mind ya feeling mula o! cheesy
Nwanne, I aint God. I don't /cant predict. Neither should anybody. I just called u out to stop being catergorical that one would be refused. Especially with the stories people have shared here. Who knows?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iapt: 8:32pm On May 31, 2016
Anybody in the house that has interview 8:30am on 7th of june (next tuesday) should holla...so we could actually have at least someone to talk to...that can go a long way in helping the interview session...at least to take away the tension as per first-timer....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by slightlyMad(f): 8:54pm On May 31, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Please please please I am a Lady! grin
Bro ke! Mind ya feeling mula o! cheesy
Nwanne, I aint God. I don't /cant predict. Neither should anybody. I just called u out to stop being catergorical that one would be refused. Especially with the stories people have shared here. Who knows?

since you referred to me as dude, i assumed it is the new way of life.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by steve4ever: 9:28pm On May 31, 2016
I v started filling ds 160 for my mum. she's retired and only sells kerosene and groundnut outside our house just to get busy. pls am confuse on wht to put in the occupation section. shld I fill business and write wht she sells or retired? secondly mum is not literate she only understand Yoruba pls how do I go about it for her not to be interviewed with English. thks alot
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Graceee: 9:32pm On May 31, 2016
Hello Ladyguinivere
I have a friend who is a dual citizen of uk and nigeria. he was born in Nigeria but the mother is a british. he just got married to my friend a nigerian too and wants to travel to us for vacation with her (the wife). The question is this,
should both of them book an appointment for us visit visa at lagos consulate with his uk and nigerian passport
or should the wife just go with necessary documents and also the original british passport of the husband?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:18pm On May 31, 2016
Graceee:
Hello Ladyguinivere
I have a friend who is a dual citizen of uk and nigeria. he was born in Nigeria but the mother is a british. he just got married to my friend a nigerian too and wants to travel to us for vacation with her (the wife). The question is this,
should both of them book an appointment for us visit visa at lagos consulate with his uk and nigerian passport
or should the wife just go with necessary documents and also the original british passport of the husband?

Book appointment with 2 passports? Is that possible? No.
If he wants to make them aware he has dual citizenship, I believe there's provision for that in the DS 160. Go thru the form and confirm.
The guy may qualify for a visa waiver program as a british citizen. So he may/may not need to apply for a visa, just for the visa waiver via ESTA
What's the purpose of going with her husband's british passport? What is it supposed to establish for the wife?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kellykings84: 11:33pm On May 31, 2016
With his british passport, he can come to d US without a visa. For d wife, she ll have to show her ties to merit d visa, he doesn't have to go for d interview with her.

#my opinion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by easyfly: 12:00am On Jun 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Thm send una? Thank u stealers! cheesy

I just dey represen
kellykings84:
With his british passport, he can come to d US without a visa. For d wife, she ll have to show her ties to merit d visa, he doesn't have to go for d interview with her.
#my opinion
LadyGuinivere:

I just dey represen
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by easyfly: 12:00am On Jun 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I just dey represen
kellykings84:
#my opinion
LadyGuinivere:

I just dey represent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 01, 2016
slightlyMad:

if you have an immediate relative in the USA, you wont get a non-immigrant visa.
VO here will tell you it is still possible to get it but NO, they will waste your cash and time.
post your interview transcript here when you have it and pls quote me

Meh, you don't have to take the VO's word for it. I think you can see plainly that many Nigerians with family in the US are granted visas. But if if you want to take this advice and lie to the VOs, understand that this is why you are getting refused and not because you haven't fasted or prayed enough.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yomisley: 7:44am On Jun 01, 2016
Please people i already fill my ds-160 and interview date has been giving, and intend to stay less than 10 days and my bro is saying they will raise eyebrow and i don't see reason why i need to lie when i will definitely will not exceed more than the number of days i filled on my ds-160 and immediately i finish my business why will i have to stay cos 1. sleeping in hotel would cost more and to enjoy for like 15days would cost me more money now that the exchange rate is something else. can i still change somethings in my ds-160 after it has been submitted...cos i don't want to complicate what i have already filled on my ds-160..........
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:26am On Jun 01, 2016
yomisley:
Please people i already fill my ds-160 and interview date has been giving, and intend to stay less than 10 days and my bro is saying they will raise eyebrow and i don't see reason why i need to lie when i will definitely will not exceed more than the number of days i filled on my ds-160 and immediately i finish my business why will i have to stay cos 1. sleeping in hotel would cost more and to enjoy for like 15days would cost me more money now that the exchange rate is something else. can i still change somethings in my ds-160 after it has been submitted...cos i don't want to complicate what i have already filled on my ds-160..........
@Yomisley 10days is okay I actually spent just 10 days before returning to Nigeria.. I miss eba and ewedu seriously grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:37am On Jun 01, 2016
In my opinion, if you are married in 9ja or over 21 years, with siblings who are USC or LPR you no longer qualify to be sponsored by your sibling aka 4th Preference.

Sometimes it takes up to 12 years sef before it can get approved so VO's don't usually see y'all as an immigration risk because you can't get immigrant visa via that route, especially from places like Nigeria where there is a high demand for IVs

@LagosNIV pls correct me if I'm wrong. It's the impression I have always had.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 9:52am On Jun 01, 2016
slightlyMad:

since you referred to me as dude, i assumed it is the new way of life.

Lol, u ladies cracked me up. Una wan start transgender club!

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.