Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530860 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifax(f): 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2016
MissG:

Hello All,

I have a quick question, do all dropbox application go through "Administrative processing" status and how long (approximately) does it stay on this status?

I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

No. Mine was submitted tuesday and was ready for pickup thursday
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MamaOO: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2016
ifax:

Actually, it's yes. If you track the status of your visa issuance (physical interview or Dropbox) using this link: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx you'll see that it will come up as "Administrative processing" at some point. It's nothing to worry about and the status will change to "Issued" in a day or two. If she's really in admin processing, they'll send her a message or call her to let her know.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Asap11(m): 9:27pm On Jun 25, 2016
seyewest:
where are you applying from?
applying from Nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Asap11(m): 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Check the very ist page of this thread. Your answer is contained there
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2016
ifax:

Wow! But is this really possible with dropbox? Tuesday and Thursday same week, as in two days or different weeks? okay oh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Petaocky: 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
Hello everyone, is nice to be in this forum.Anyway,let me go straight to the point. I applied for US visa sometime in March this year without my family and I was refused visa. Though I went there with virgin passport without any travelling experience. During the interview, I told the VO that I have been to Benin without passport which I felt was not convincing enough. Now, I have little experience, I have been to Dubai and I intend travelling with my family to Ghana in August. I want to apply again in October with my family. What is my chances and what do you advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by armyofone(m): 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
cheesy thank you pal.

babbs45:

Armofone, your mom coming straight with a green card, was the first scenario I gave before you said someone told you about her coming with a visiting visa then filing for her being quicker. Which I explained to you how you can go about that.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hilda2016(f): 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=Petaocky post=46947993]Hello everyone, is nice to be in this forum.Anyway,let me go straight to the point. I applied for US visa sometime in March this year without my family and I was refused visa. Though I went there with virgin passport without any travelling experience. During the interview, I told the VO that I have been to Benin without passport which I felt was not convincing enough. Now, I have little experience, I have been to Dubai and I intend travelling with my family to Ghana in August. I want to apply again in October with my family. What is my chances and what do you advice[/quote

"...Assuming that everything is in perfect working order at the border, you get a stamp. But not everything is always in perfect working order. That's why I said we weigh this against other facts. The information may even be discounted (it's not a negative, it just doesn't help). Maybe someone is telling the truth about it or maybe they are lying.

The reality is that travelling to Benin, Ghana, or even Togo will not compare to travelling to the UK, US, or some place like Australia in the eyes of the VO. Driving a few hours to the border isn't the same as flying halfway across the world to an entirely different culture"
LagosNIV.

@Petaocky,
Your personal, professional, and financial circumstances. Marriage, job, children, purpose of travel and family status...have these status changed considerably/significantly or have any changed? from the last time you applied? If sincerely "YES" then you can go ahead and re-apply. The decision is all yours to make.
No one can give you odds.
Regards.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifax(f): 11:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Wow! But is this really possible with dropbox? Tuesday and Thursday same week, as in two days or different weeks? okay oh

Yep. 2 days.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Petaocky: 10:12am On Jun 27, 2016
Maybe I should share my interview experience with you.I did it in March Lagos.Before it got to my turn,the lady in window 11 had already approved visa to two set at my front,one old woman who doesn't hear English and one lady with her two kids.After this time out she took a short break and after which she started with me.Here was the conversation
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Could you pass your passport to me and the other forms(confirmation and receipt)
VO: What are you going to US for?
Me: For my annual vacation
VO: Do you have anybody there?
Me: Yes,my uncle
VO:What do you do in your place of work
Me: I am an Engineer who do......
VO: How much do you earn
Me: I earn 300k
VO: Are you married
Me: Yes
VO: How many kids
Me: Two kids
VO: Have you traveled before
Me: Yes,but not with my passport
VO: Where Port Novo in Benin
Mean while,she was busy typing on the computer while the conversation was going on.She just said "I am sorry you are not eligible for the visa" while she gave me the blue paper and said "this will explain the reason while the visa is not approve"
So,from the conversation,were do you think I erred.Though,facially looking I was already demoralise due to what somebody told me at the gate.He said if a red sticker is stuck on my passport,that means I would not be giving visa,and that was what I was given.I don't know how true it is?His experience was that for the two times he attended,he was given that red sticker and he was refused visa but when he went the third time with the blue sticker,they gave him.Please I want you to also throw more light on that color sticker that is placed on the passport

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:20am On Jun 27, 2016
Petaocky:
Maybe I should share my interview experience with you.I did it in March Lagos.Before it got to my turn,the lady in window 11 had already approved visa to two set at my front,one old woman who doesn't hear English and one lady with her two kids.After this time out she took a short break and after which she started with me.Here was the conversation
VO: Could you pass your passport to me and the other forms(confirmation and receipt)
Mean while,she was busy typing on the computer while the conversation was going on.She just said "I am sorry you are not eligible for the visa" while she gave me the blue paper and said "this will explain the reason while the visa is not approve"
So,from the conversation,were do you think I erred.Though,facially looking I was already demoralise due to what somebody told me at the gate.He said if a red sticker is stuck on my passport,that means I would not be giving visa,and that was what I was given.I don't know how true it is?His experience was that for the two times he attended,he was given that red sticker and he was refused visa but when he went the third time with the blue sticker,they gave him.Please I want you to also throw more light on that color sticker that is placed on the passport
Mr Petaocky I'm just hearing about this today I've seen the colored sticker before but did not think anything of it...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 11:32am On Jun 27, 2016
Petaocky:

Are you referring to this sticker in the pix? If yes, I think you just allowed hearsay to disrupt your chances of getting a visa. Maybe it was your agitation that spoilt your chances.....or maybe something else.
Unless the color of the sticker has changed (if there's any truth to the person's claim), I got the red sticker at my last dropbox renewal .

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:59am On Jun 27, 2016
@Petacoky. Please don't listen to absolute nansense. Even if there is a prequalification process, do you think the obvious red sticker would be used. Or that the clearance staff would be the one to prequalify you.

Work with facts.be prepared. Know how the visa thingie works and you will gettit.
Without knowing details about your whole application, be honest to yourself.
Do u think travel to Benin republic alone would excite a vo? I think not.
Your profile isn't bad. My advice? Give it real time , not the 3 month/4 month thingie. If you can, visit 'better' countries. Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by d7thcaller: 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
I think the sticker indicates where you are to pick up your visa (ie if you are successful). This is because when I applied for my Visa I choose Port Harcourt as my pick up centre and when I got to the embassy I saw that they wrote Phc on the red sticker they placed on my passport.

Petaocky:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
Petaocky:

The sticker has to do with where you are picking up your visa... it has nothing to do with whether or not you will be approved.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chiMoni37(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
I plan on going for a recreational exercise with a B2 visa and I would soon be sent an invitation for for the exercise which is 4 weeks .. Although hotel accommodation has been booked for me.. And i don't have anyone there.. Would my own business income(financial statements) be considered as a factor or can I use my mother's own cos she also has landed properties..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lejus16: 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
Recently, I got America Visa ( B1/B2 ) Non-Immigrant Visa. But the problem I have now is am not able to travel the date I stipulated on DS-160 form and also the person I want to visit is in Nigeria since March. Now I want to ask is possible for me to visit another person different from my contact on DS-160 form for example instead of Georgia I visit New Jersey. God will bless you hear from you soon.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MissG(f): 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
MissG:
Hello All,

I have a quick question, do all dropbox application go through "Administrative processing" status and how long (approximately) does it stay on this status?

I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Application Status has changed to Issued.

Thank you @OmoBendel24 @MamaOO @Ifax @Sugah for your response.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
I think you can. Since it's not that yu wnt be going at all. I don't think you should have any problems with that.

Lejus16:
Recently, I got America Visa ( B1/B2 ) Non-Immigrant Visa. But the problem I have now is am not able to travel the date I stipulated on DS-160 form and also the person I want to visit is in Nigeria since March. Now I want to ask is possible for me to visit another person different from my contact on DS-160 form for example instead of Georgia I visit New Jersey. God will bless you hear from you soon.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
Pls oh, my ple. I salute you all.
Who is traveling soon? How has the hike in airline tickets fares been treating you? Loll. The fares na die. Who has found a cheaper airline? Been having sleepless nights to catch a good deal. Loll
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
mamateniola1:
Pls oh, my ple. I salute you all.
Who is traveling soon? How has the hike in airline tickets fares been treating you? Loll. The fares na die. Who has found a cheaper airline? Been having sleepless nights to catch a good deal. Loll
I believe it will go down soon... wait till next week.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ayoleyi(f): 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
Good Day House, I have been a silent reader and i have been very impressed with all the advice and recommendations being given. Now back to my main point.

I already submitted my ds-160 and my interview is scheduled for next month, but the question is, I'm supposed to travel with my boss who is going with his family on vacation due to my job description as a personal assistant. They already got visas which i was the one who filled and submitted and also accompanied the wife to the embassy for her interview because hers was rescheduled. The company will be sponsoring and an hotel booking has already been made in my name. I am married with 2 beautiful kids, I would like to know my chances of getting the visa and likely questions that will be asked.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
ayoleyi:
Good Day House, I have been a silent reader and i have been very impressed with all the advice and recommendations being given. Now back to my main point.

I already submitted my ds-160 and my interview is scheduled for next month, but the question is, I'm supposed to travel with my boss who is going with his family on vacation due to my job description as a personal assistant. They already got visas which i was the one who filled and submitted and also accompanied the wife to the embassy for her interview because hers was rescheduled. The company will be sponsoring and an hotel booking has already been made in my name. I am married with 2 beautiful kids, I would like to know my chances of getting the visa and likely questions that will be asked.

Thank you
Married with two beautiful kids, good! They and hubby won't be travelling with you, nice also. Their ages? How old are you too? Where's hubby resident and what does he do? What's your pay like? How are your personal circumstances and ties? How do you intend to get past the immigrant intent presumption? etc. Well, in all, you have to qualify for a visa as an individual irrespective of who your sponsors are, let this guide your every move. Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 11:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
Thanks will wait.
Has anyone flown Ethiad before? Plas share your experience

seyewest:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 11:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
seyewest:

Bros are u for real, I thought it's d other way round. D closer to d holiday d more expensive. Kindly fill me in,if I'm missing something.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
Kbuddie:

Bros are u for real, I thought it's d other way round. D closer to d holiday d more expensive. Kindly fill me in,if I'm missing something.
From now till late August, the closer the date the more you pay likewise in December. From late September/early October till November, you can almost still get a fair deal a day to your travel, then from late January till April/May also. What Seyewest is saying is that the FX crisis will relax and be much more stabilized by the coming week hopefully, if I get him right. Fares aren't gonna get reduced in dollars right now per se, but they may in their naira equivalents!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ayoleyi(f): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Married with two beautiful kids, good! They and hubby won't be travelling with you, nice also. Their ages? How old are you too? Where's hubby resident and what does he do? What's your pay like? How are your personal circumstances and ties? How do you intend to get past the immigrant intent presumption? etc. Well, in all, you have to qualify for a visa as an individual irrespective of who your sponsors are, let this guide your every move. Regards

Thanks for your response to my mail. I have a boy of 5yrs and a girl of 3yrs, and I'm in my late 30's. I have also travelled with my boss on two occassions to Kenya and Dubai. My pay is 150k. My hubby and children are here in Nigeria and he is a Logistics Manager in a reputable firm.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:30am On Jun 28, 2016
ayoleyi:

Thanks for your response to my mail. I have a boy of 5yrs and a girl of 3yrs, and I'm in my late 30's. I have also travelled with my boss on two occassions to Kenya and Dubai. My pay is 150k. My hubby and children are here in Nigeria and he is a Logistics Manager in a reputable firm.
Looks a good case to some extent but for the PA title sha.... It is much more easier for a man to disappear leaving such young family behind than for a woman to do so, lolz! Previous travel and its reasons are on point and in correlation with this planned travel too, these are points going for you. Arm yourself with a reasonable personal bank statement, even if just for confidence boosting and decoration purposes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ayoleyi(f): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Looks a good case to some extent but for the PA title sha.... It is much more easier for a man to disappear leaving such young family behind than for a woman to do so, lolz! Previous travel and its reasons are on point and in correlation with this planned travel too, these are points going for you. Arm yourself with a reasonable personal bank statement, even if just for confidence boosting and decoration purposes.

Thanks. My job title is Protocol/Personal Assistant. Its indicated in my letter of employment. Will definitely get back to you as time goes by. Thanks once again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 11:02am On Jun 28, 2016
ayoleyi:

Thanks. My job title is Protocol/Personal Assistant. Its indicated in my letter of employment. Will definitely get back to you as time goes by. Thanks once again

Be confident and pray for favour, if possible take along copy of you boss visa and itinerary with you.

Getting B1/2 visa generally is a 50/50 thing. The more confident and upright you sound , the better your chances!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
OmoBendel24:

From now till late August, the closer the date the more you pay likewise in December. From late September/early October till November, you can almost still get a fair deal a day to your travel, then from late January till April/May also. What Seyewest is saying is that the FX crisis will relax and be much more stabilized by the coming week hopefully, if I get him right. Fares aren't gonna get reduced in dollars right now per se, but they may in their naira equivalents!

Copy that! Thanks for shedding light.

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.