Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,842 members, 7,798,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1528329 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adefas: 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
teetee12:
pls, what is the cost of a passport for 3yrs old child.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
hopybarbar:
True talk "consistency" very important. i even think sey the VO go still reason sey me and the lithuania girl don gum together wella ni ooo cheesy we enter naija together, i still carry her documents follow body go the interview for ikoyi. omo he no just send my package cheesy God is able sha.
Thanks a bunch..... see u in yankee later in 2016 cheesy wink
Oh u applied in Lagos? Dude! Info is key! What are ur ties to Nigeria?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hopybarbar: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ties to Nigeria? since i left naija, nothing really in naija, just as i dey enter dey commot noni, all my hustling na just outside naija, and it was filled in the DS-160 form that the trip would be sponsored by my cousin.
LadyGuinivere:

Oh u applied in Lagos? Dude! Info is key! What are ur ties to Nigeria?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
hopybarbar:
Ties to Nigeria? since i left naija, nothing really in naija, just as i dey enter dey commot noni, all my hustling na just outside naija, and it was filled in the DS-160 form that the trip would be sponsored by my cousin.
See? That puts stuff into perspective.
You have no ties to the country u applied from.
U also could not convince the vo of your lithuan angle.
You are also dependent on your cousin to sponsor u. So for all intents and purposes, USA is greener pastures for u. To the above suggestions u also need to add a good job and solid financial ties

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Before I give my opinion, I'd like to remind u, that is exactly what it is, my opinion and nothing more.
I simply think the vo was not just satisified u were Genuine shikena. He was looking for a certain Bang! to sway him in your favour.
He checked if u could speak the language (to weigh your true relationship with wifey). And what u came up with was something u can generally learn in the market when u go shopping. 'Hello, do u speak English?' Isn't exactly something ud have picked up from a lovey dovey marriage.
2.No kids. Nothing to bring u back to Lithunian
I assume u got married after u went for your msc? Who's to say u won't divorce aunty Lithunia and Marry sisi US?
Finally I always say be sure to know how your 'inviter' entered us mae e no use em reggae spoil your blues. How did ur cousin gain Status?
Have u considered applying with madam? What else do u have as a tie to lithuan apart from msc and madam? Any investments? Jointly owned property? Cos I belive the vo wasn't just satisfied u had any ties that couldn't be severred in the kain lithuan.
Sorry for d denial and apologies if any of my Observations were offensive

You're very right and to buttress your point I think he should have indicated that the relationship is heading for the alter in a decided timeframe.
Get yourself prepared for the next interview and also your cousin status is important to your getting a visa as well.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hopybarbar: 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
Noted smiley
Thanks a bunch
LadyGuinivere:

See? That puts stuff into perspective.
You have no ties to the country u applied from.
U also could not convince the vo of your lithuan angle.
You are also dependent on your cousin to sponsor u. So for all intents and purposes, USA is greener pastures for u. To the above suggestions u also need to add a good job and solid financial ties
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 20, 2015
hopybarbar:
Thanks for your response, spouse in this sense i think means "to marry" as it was listed on the list of who are you travelling with? in DS-160 form together with husband, wife and some other stuffs. also, i am presently in the 3rd quarter of my MSc prog, i wonder why the refusal anyways.
I answered all questions with smiles and he was also smiling back and nodding his head in affirmation to most of my responses.
Still never know why dem refuse me sha oooo smiley

So what do you think i need put in place before applying again?

Perhaps you should consider graduating and getting established in a job before applying again...

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hopybarbar: 8:31am On Nov 20, 2015
Noted
Thanks smiley
LagosNIV:

Perhaps you should consider graduating and getting established in a job before applying again...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hopybarbar: 8:41am On Nov 20, 2015
@HORLAYODE89 Learn from my mistakes and u surely gonna get the yankee visa sticker on ya int'l passport
LadyGuinivere:

For your 'chance' of getting the visa, check the previous page. Read hopybarber's posts and self evaluate.
How to go about it? Check the US website/read the previous page/or check page 1 of this thread

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hommiekr(m): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2015
HORLAYODE89: 10:01am
good morning,pls i need your advice, am 26yrs
old graduate with a masters degree,currently
unemployed.i have families and friends in
canada.what is my chance of getting a canadian visa and how should i go about it .thanks

HORLAYODE89: 9:50am
pls house i need your advice,am a 26yrs old
masters graduate,unemployed.i have families
and friends in the Uk.what is my chance of
getting a UK visa and how to go about in
accquiring it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hommiekr(m): 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
@HORLAYODE89 I think you are kinda confused. Or do you wanna get visa to these 3 countries together at the same time?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hopybarbar: 1:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
He is a confused human, he doesn't really know what exactly he wants.
hommiekr:
@HORLAYODE89 I think you are kinda confused. Or do you wanna get visa to these 3 countries together at the same time?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2015
Haba! Can't one have visas to the 3 countriess at the same tym? cheesy
I have a dream- na bad thing?! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mscindee: 11:16am On Nov 21, 2015
Hello
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by festystore28: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
Hello visa officer,
good afternoon i am new on nairaland i need an advise about us embassy .i have been refused 9 times since 2002 and i have not travel to any where before because i have no reason for going to where i dont need to go but now i want to go to the united state with my family for christmas holiday and our interview is on 14 december .what is your advise for me and family for getting the visa? me, my wife and 2 of my kids, what is the guarantee of getting the visa i need an advise please.
my wife have a good business of her own and myself own a company and my kids are in good school
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jijadon: 8:09pm On Nov 21, 2015
I have a B1/B2 visa. I travelled to the US in August and came back in September after 2 weeks. My wife also have a visa. While I was away in the US she was sick and when I got back I decided I will send her to the US to have our baby. Our visas were cancelled at the POE & we were ban for 5 years. How do I reapply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
Jijadon:
I have a B1/B2 visa. I travelled to the US in August and came back in September after 2 weeks. My wife also have a visa. While I was away in the US she was sick and when I got back I decided I will send her to the US to have our baby. Our visas were cancelled at the POE & we were ban for 5 years. How do I reapply.

What really happened at POE?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:01pm On Nov 21, 2015
justwise:

What really happened at POE?
Yess please. What happened
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jijadon: 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
At the POE they said she did not inform the consular officer during her interview that she was pregnant. I told them we never even tot of having the baby in the states but when her care giver told us that he will advice we seek medical care overseas. We started making all the inquiries. We had letter from the Dr and even money.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mscindee: 10:39pm On Nov 21, 2015
(
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ess: 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
Jijadon:
At the POE they said she did not inform the consular officer during her interview that she was pregnant. I told them we never even tot of having the baby in the states but when her care giver told us that he will advice we seek medical care overseas. We started making all the inquiries. We had letter from the Dr and even money.

Did the VO ask whether your wife was pregnant during her interview and if yes, what did she say?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:20am On Nov 22, 2015
Jijadon:
Oh sorry about that. Even though u avoided mentioning it, I assume madam was pregnant at the point of interview. Again, When u supposedly changed your mind, u failed To notify the embassy of your intent. The ban was punitive for what they assumed was willful misrepresentation.
The truth is that for a ban to be lifted, there are some circumstances u have to establish which I sincerely doubt u can.
U just have to sit out the ban in my opinion. Reapplying before the 5year expiration would be a waste of money.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by festystore28: 5:24am On Nov 22, 2015
Hello visa officer,
good goodmorning i am new on nairaland i need an advise about us embassy .i have been refused 9 times since 2002 and i have not travel to any where before because i have no reason for going to where i dont need to go but now i want to go to the united state with my family for christmas holiday and our interview is on 14 december .what is your advise for me and family for getting the visa? me, my wife and 2 of my kids, what is the guarantee of getting the visa i need an advise please.
my wife have a good business of her own and myself own a company and my kids are in good school
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:47am On Nov 22, 2015
festystore28:
Hello visa officer,
good goodmorning i am new on nairaland i need an advise about us embassy .i have been refused 9 times since 2002 and i have not travel to any where before because i have no reason for going to where i dont need to go but now i want to go to the united state with my family for christmas holiday and our interview is on 14 december .what is your advise for me and family for getting the visa? me, my wife and 2 of my kids, what is the guarantee of getting the visa i need an advise please.
Nobody Answered u because all your questions have been spelt out on page 1 of this thread.
Nobody here is a visa officer.
This is a do it yourself thread.
The advice most commonly offered is hard work. Read part 1 of this thread and read up people's stories.from there you'l prolly pick up mistakes u made along the way.
From now To 14 december Is sufficent time to read and prep ur kids
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adefas: 10:19am On Nov 23, 2015
Good Morning LadyGuinivere, Justwise and all members,
Please I have 3 questions to ask 1. What to fill for this question in ds160 form ( Provide your employment information for the last five years, if applicable). Were you previously employed? Yes or No. I was previously employed in the year 2008 and started my own business since year 2009 up till date more than 5 years as stated in the question. If I didn't mention it in the form hope no problem or I should mention my previous job.

2. It is necessary to fill arrival/ departure flight when you are not sure the airline that will cheap when you want to fly.

3. How to answer this question when ask CEO of a particular business ( Where are you working)? is a business name will be the answer or address where the business was located? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:22am On Nov 23, 2015
adefas:
Please I have 3 questions to ask 1. What to fill for this question in ds160 form ( Provide your employment information for the last five years, if applicable). Were you previously employed? Yes or No. I was previously employed in the year 2008 and started my own business since year 2009 up till date more than 5 years as stated in the question. If I didn't mention it in the form hope no problem or I should mention my previous job.

2. It is necessary to fill arrival/ departure flight when you are not sure the airline that will cheap when you want to fly.

3. How to answer this question when ask CEO of a particular business ( Where are you working)? is a business name will be the answer or address where the business was located? Thanks
1. Answer in short. Every information u omit is misrepresentation. Whether u worked for an organization or u worked for self all no be work?
2. No. U mustnt fill the flight details.
3. I don't understand the question
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:44am On Nov 23, 2015
adefas:

1. "DOES NOT APPLY" because it's more than five years, but this can be explained during interview if asked.

2.If you've made any plan, then YES otherwise click "DOES NOT APPLY"

3.Don't try to Impress the VO, he/she knows anybody can register a company in Nigeria and claim the title ""CEO"
Example;

Question: Where do your work?

Answer: I am a project manager at XYZ LTD responsible for contract management and negotiation; It is also my responsibility to prepare technical and l bids for tender opening. etc. (abeg na example oo!!!)

The VO can evaluate the size of your company by the numbers of years in operation and through its Tax Clearance, but unfortunately your tax clearance won't be checked.

Just be truthful in your application and interview. E nor pass like that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adefas: 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

1. "DOES NOT APPLY" because it's more than five years, but this can be explained during interview if asked.

2.If you've made any plan, then YES otherwise click "DOES NOT APPLY"

3.Don't try to Impress the VO, he/she knows anybody can register a company in Nigeria and claim the title ""CEO"
Example;

Question: Where do your work?

Answer: I am a project manager at XYZ LTD responsible for contract management and negotiation; It is also my responsibility to prepare technical and l bids for tender opening. etc. (abeg na example oo!!!)

The VO can evaluate the size of your company by the numbers of years in operation and through its Tax Clearance, but unfortunately your tax clearance won't be checked.

Just be truthful in your application and interview. E nor pass like that.

Thanks both FrontPageLawyer and LadyGuinivere.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adexbakky(m): 3:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
[quote author=adefas post=40318771][/quote]. Please i need more info on question (2)if a date is being. Indicated on the DS-160 form and the visa is issue but someone didn't travel on that date on the form hope there will not be any problem at the point of entry. Lastly,what does have you made a specific travel plans means?i need your help on this asap pls.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adeoladele(m): 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
what and what do i need to take to embassy as my company set to sponsor me to visit our branch office in Houston for official duty. am so scare because i earn close to 150k but i have less than fifty thousand in my account, though my company will sponsor all my trip

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.