Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530688 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Heyofrizzle(m): 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
[quote author=OmoBendel24 post=47810800]
The odds for are much more than the odds against IMO. Your, age, job and pay? Travel experience and family tie ain't there, what advantages were you looking at to cover for these "inadequacies"? Kindly state.

What you replied with was NOT asked and that was why I got confused, guess he was comfortable with my DS-160 if not he would have requested for those.Every consular has a different concept and pattern of approaching an applicant so I guess that was his own kinda technique.
I don't know what you want me to type.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by diamondsare4eva: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
I know no one can give any odds on visa approval. A friend was denied in January, and applied in July and was denied. But he has visa to Germany and France on his passport but yet to use the visa's for both countries, the VO asked him during his last interview why didn't he use up the visa before applying for a US visa and he replied that he has plans of going to Europe later in the year. Now he is planning to travel to Europe and be back. When can he apply for US visa again, like how many months can he wait before applying again. He is scared of a 3rd denial in 1 year. He has a good job, among the lucky one's to have secured a job shortly after school and has been working for 8 years now with same company.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
[quote author=Heyofrizzle post=47814661][/quote]
Do they necessarily need to ask you all that? Thought you filled out the online form? What are the reasons you feel the VO should have been compelled to issue you a visa for? I'm asking you what you filled there just to see if they were capable of cancelling out or worsening the perceived inadequacies even as spotted by the VO, and clearly so too! Dig?

Age, job and pay amongst several other variables in assessment of your full application could have worked to your advantage or disadvantage given that your travel history and family tie ain't tight.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by barnaby04(m): 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
Heyofrizzle:
I have to say this, I don't know how I came in contact with this thread maybe na because I dey find wetin no loss angry but I sha found myself here.
This was an event that happened in February. If you don't mind me still posting it.

VO: Good morning
Me: Morning (in a lighter and happy mood)

VO: your passport plz
Me: gave it through the small space at cubicle 12

VO: So y are you going to the US
Me: am going for a wedding

VO: whose wedding ?
Me: ****** and ****** wedding.

VO: okay! What's the relationship BTW you guys
Me: ******* is my relative

VO: (Typing profusely) Have you ever travelled out before?
Me: Yes! Benin Republic grin

VO: (waited a yl and asked) okay! Are you married?
Me: No

VO: You have kids?
Me: No!

VO: Not even one?
Me: Na! My religion would not permit that.

VO: (smiled and said) I understand what you mean

At this time I didn't know what to expect either WHITE or BLUE and suddenly he went for the blue in a great smile saying

VO: am sorry at this time you do not qualify for the visa.

While packing my stuff I just took d courage to ask.

Me: Why am I not qualified?
VO: You don't have a strong tie with your country

Me: what do you mean tie. ( surprisingly this consular replied me)
VO: probably get married have a kid.

My question is what in the name of Christ was he typing while he paused before asking me d next question, don't forget I didn't want to lie because I could do that but I didn't.

House! How far, How far, what went wrong?

In my own opinion, I believe the VO sees the reason of your application as not too tangible and also, coupled with the information you earlier filled about yourself.

Saying you want to go to the US just to attend a wedding when you are not the child of Dangote, Adenuga or Sai Buhari will make any VO to be suspicious of the motive behind the application.

Since you did not say much about your kind of person, what you do or where you work. I think the VO asking you if you had a child was trying to see if there exists something that could make you return back home to Naija to face the daily epileptic power supply, bad roads and the rest after attending your socalled wedding.

I think you met a kindhearted VO that attended to you cos it is very rare to see them deny someone a visa and give you a reason for such actions!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by barnaby04(m): 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
I know no one can give any odds on visa approval. A friend was denied in January, and applied in July and was denied. But he has visa to Germany and France on his passport but yet to use the visa's for both countries, the VO asked him during his last interview why didn't he use up the visa before applying for a US visa and he replied that he has plans of going to Europe later in the year. Now he is planning to travel to Europe and be back. When can he apply for US visa again, like how many months can he wait before applying again. He is scared of a 3rd denial in 1 year. He has a good job, among the lucky one's to have secured a job shortly after school and has been working for 8 years now with same company.

I maybe right or wrong, but methinks having two visas already on your passport unused and going ahead to apply for US visa is uncalled for which ought not to have happened.

Visas are not decorations or souvenirs to be put on passports. To me, I believe the VO sees you as not yet serious to travel to the US that you should first use the ones you have first before coming to apply for US visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by diamondsare4eva: 5:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
@Barnaby, when do you think he can apply again after his trip to Europe. Thanks
barnaby04:

I maybe right or wrong, but methinks having two visas already on your passport unused and going ahead to apply for US visa is uncalled for which ought not to have happened.

Visas are not decorations or souvenirs to be put on passports. To me, I believe the VO sees you as not yet serious to travel to the US that you should first use the ones you have first before coming to apply for US visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Heyofrizzle(m): 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
barnaby04:

In my own opinion, I believe the VO sees the reason of your application as not too tangible and also, coupled with the information you earlier filled about yourself.

Saying you want to go to the US just to attend a wedding when you are not the child of Dangote, Adenuga or Sai Buhari will make any VO to be suspicious of the motive behind the application.

Since you did not say much about your kind of person, what you do or where you work. I think the VO asking you if you had a child was trying to see if there exists something that could make you return back home to Naija to face the daily epileptic power supply, bad roads and the rest after attending your socalled wedding.

I think you met a kindhearted VO that attended to you cos it is very rare to see them deny someone a visa and give you a reason for such actions!

And that was why I said I was so surprised to hear him reply my questions, even advised me not to apply soon.

I asked him when does he think i can reapply he answered me "AGAIN" to say maybe 2-3years.

But I never wanted to be too forward because I answered what I was asked.

But I really appreciate this pointed pitfall of mine.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by barnaby04(m): 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
@Barnaby, when do you think he can apply again after his trip to Europe. Thanks

@Diamondsare4va, first utilise the ones you have in your passport first, at a later time, you can now reapply back for the US visa when you believe you have a genuine reason to do so.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AZUH: 10:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
@heyofrizzle and your religion will not allow the vo to grant your visa ' lol . Try getting a good job and apply again . It doesn't mean you must be married to get a USA visa .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
@Abaluntu Congrats

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
He should travel to Europe and if it's for vacation he should wait for 6 months after returning from Europe.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by diamondsare4eva: 4:04am On Jul 24, 2016
Will applying after 3 month be idle, or still too early. Yes, he decided to travel to Europe to spend part of the vacation and 3 month later to apply for US.
seyewest:
He should travel to Europe and if it's for vacation he should wait for 6 months after returning from Europe.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:32am On Jul 24, 2016
Heyofrizzle:

Amen bro! Thanx for the encouragement
Plz which religion does not permit having kids?

You pissed off the VO with that statement especially if he or she is someone who holds family in high esteem. You don't want to have a family but you wanna attend a wedding? Like angry[/s]

Also, you did not sound prepared. Purpose of trip wasn't solid enough, and no family ties and the VO was nice enough to tell you why he denied you. And I can tell you may not look very young as he hammered on 'no kids, not even one'
Modified
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:07am On Jul 24, 2016
nefertitiram:

Plz which religion does not permit having kids?

You pissed off the VO with that statement especially if he or she is someone who holds family in high esteem. You don't want to have a family but you wanna attend a wedding? Like angry

Also, you did not sound prepared. Purpose of trip wasn't solid enough, and no family ties and the VO was nice enough to tell you why he denied you. And I can tell you may not look very young as he hammered on 'no kids, not even one'
I understood him to mean ' my religion does not permit me to have kids when I'm not married'
Azzin premarital relationships is forbidden in the 10 commandments...

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:13am On Jul 24, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I understood him to mean ' my religion does not permit me to have kids when I'm not married'
Azzin premarital relationships is forbidden in the 10 commandments...

Ohhhh! Na me no understand! grin grin grin I say make I ask!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 7:36am On Jul 24, 2016
Good day all, I hd my interview last week and was denied.

Me: Good morning how are you today?

vo: fine thank you.

Vo: what are u going to do in the us

Me: am going on vacation and to visit my uncle and his family

vo:what do u do ?

me: am a banker

vo: I mean what do u do for bleep bank?

me: I do bleep bleep bleep (i mentioned all my filled in my ds 160 form tho i stammered a little)

vo: are u married

me: no

vo: have u travelled before?

vo: do u have any kid?

vo: types a little whie then handed 214b form to me saying u wld be a stronger applicant in future.

now, i hope to get some travel history starting with Dubai this yr then uk next year.

i must say this thread has been really helpful
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 8:12am On Jul 24, 2016
He should give a very good time! He already been denied twice in a year.better don't get labelled desperate. The VO will think he rushed to use the other visa so he can come get US visa and then boom, run away!
Read up VO told someone 2-3years or if he has any good reason to travel like in another 1year otherwise don't go look for trouble again this year.
Btw, yu said he has 2 unused visa, it shld remain one na. He can use that and cut US some slacks unti much later.
So IMO, wait a year or 2 if there is no hidden agenda!

diamondsare4eva:
Will applying after 3 month be idle, or still too early. Yes, he decided to travel to Europe to spend part of the vacation and 3 month later to apply for US.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 8:18am On Jul 24, 2016
Good morning efrybody!! LadyG the president, seyewest the VP, omobendel24 the COS, nefertitiram foreign affairs minister and all other cabinet members too numerous to mention. LMAO. I hail oh

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 24, 2016
grin grin hello hello
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2016
mamateniola1:
Good morning efrybody!! LadyG the president, seyewest the VP, omobendel24 the COS, nefertitiram foreign affairs minister and all other cabinet members too numerous to mention. LMAO. I hail oh
Deaconess Mamateniola1, Special Duties Minister! Lolz! Good afternoon to you and all in the house.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by terrywales: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2016
Happy Sunday To All In The House.
I Pray For God's Favour For Every One Going For Interview This Week.
The Favour Of The Almighty God Will Go With You And Speak On your Behalf.
Happy New week. Positive Transcript Coming In Jesus Name.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
iRyan:
grin grin hello hello
Mr Iryan...... Longest time grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
seyewest:
Mr Iryan...... Longest time grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin yup. How have you all been? I heard Lady G's become the moderator of this thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by diamondsare4eva: 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
@Mamateniola, you are right but he has a reason to travel in 3 month from now, that is why am asking could it be possible to apply after 3 month?
mamateniola1:
He should give a very good time! He already been denied twice in a year.better don't get labelled desperate. The VO will think he rushed to use the other visa so he can come get US visa and then boom, run away!
Read up VO told someone 2-3years or if he has any good reason to travel like in another 1year otherwise don't go look for trouble again this year.
Btw, yu said he has 2 unused visa, it shld remain one na. He can use that and cut US some slacks unti much later.
I was denied once and I didn't apply until 2years later when my circumstances improved significantly and I got A REASON to travel. The VO didn't even ask me more than pass me your passport before she issued me a visa.
So IMO, wait a year or 2 if there is no hidden agenda!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
iRyan:
grin grin grin grin grin grin yup. How have you all been? I heard Lady G's become the moderator of this thread
Yes....She's the one from day one.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
@Mamateniola, you are right but he has a reason to travel in 3 month from now, that is why am asking could it be possible to apply after 3 month?
Nobody is stopping anybody from reapplying at any point. If refused today, one can reaPply next day sef. The question is will the fellow get?
I don't know what the apprioprate time is. Let the applicant self evaluate himself, the reason for the past refusal,and purpose of previous appliication and the recent one. After that he can ask himself, will a reaonable minute consider my change significant.
Consider deeply what mamateniola adviced.several applications in a small space of tim....
And then do wht you want to do.

@iryan agam apionu gi ka udara o! cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
seyewest:
Yes....She's the one from day one.
seyewest, can I have your contact please? We need to talk privately
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
siina:
seyewest, can I have your contact please? We need to talk privately
I'm always here... let's talk here

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by barnaby04(m): 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
mamateniola1:

Wetin person no go see for this era of change? So una don form parallel govt here with different positions abi?

Sai Baba must here cos this na kwaruption!

Hello guys and happy Sunday to you all!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ayoleyi(f): 9:37am On Jul 25, 2016
Good morning, here is my transcript, had my interview last week friday.

VO: Goodmorning, Passport please
Me: Good morning. Handed over the passport
VO: where are you going in the US?
Me: Minnesota
VO: what are you going to do there?
Me: I am going with my MD who is going on vacation with his family in the capacity of a personal assistant
VO: How much do you earn?
Me: XXXk
VO: If you boss is going on vacation, why do you need to go with him?
Me: Because he is not the organised type, I still need to do some things for him
VO: When did you joined the Company:
Me: XXXXyrs
VO: Have you known your boss before you joined the company:
Me: No, joined as a corper and later retained in the company
VO: Are you married:
Me: yes
VO: Children?
Me: yes, 2
VO: Tell your boss that the VO said you need a pay rise(jokingly)
Me: Smiled
VO: ok, i will approve your visa, you can pick up at ...........................

No single document was asked for, although i had all necessary documents with me

Thank you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Abaluntu(m): 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
ayoleyi:
Good morning, here is my transcript, had my interview last week friday.

VO: Goodmorning, Passport please
Me: Good morning. Handed over the passport
VO: where are you going in the US?
Me: Minnesota
VO: what are you going to do there?
Me: I am going with my MD who is going on vacation with his family in the capacity of a personal assistant
VO: How much do you earn?
Me: XXXk
VO: If you boss is going on vacation, why do you need to go with him?
Me: Because he is not the organised type, I still need to do some things for him
VO: When did you joined the Company:
Me: XXXXyrs
VO: Have you known your boss before you joined the company:
Me: No, joined as a corper and later retained in the company
VO: Are you married:
Me: yes
VO: Children?
Me: yes, 2
VO: Tell your boss that the VO said you need a pay rise(jokingly)
Me: Smiled
VO: ok, i will approve your visa, you can pick up at ...........................

No single document was asked for, although i had all necessary documents with me

Thank you

Wow! Congrats madam... The truth sometimes makes it seem like getting an American visa is so easy. Enjoy your holiday/work and remember to tell your boss about the pay rise. Lol

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
Good Morning House:
Question for the House, Please what Visa Category will a PA apply for in a case he's going with his boss for business meetings and also family vacation? B1 OR B1/B2 remember he's traveling to the U.S in his capacity as PA to his boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66