Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530832 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ayoleyi(f): 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2016
seyewest:
Good Morning House:
Question for the House, Please what Visa Category will a PA apply for in a case he's going with his boss for business meetings and also family vacation? B1 OR B1/B2 remember he's traveling to the U.S in his capacity as PA to his boss.

B1/B2 covers both Business/Tourism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2016
Thanks Ayoleyi for the transcript.
This reiterates my earlier submission that purpose of trip is not that ghen ghen.
However your ties must be tight
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2016
seyewest:
Good Morning House:
Question for the House, Please what Visa Category will a PA apply for in a case he's going with his boss for business meetings and also family vacation? B1 OR B1/B2 remember he's traveling to the U.S in his capacity as PA to his boss.
Both are covered effectively by the B1/B2 category. No be business and vacation dem all dey go for? Him PAship for the travel matter no be for the two matters? Lol!

@Aunty Ayoleyi, abeg free the info Wey you make blank for your transcript, I.e your "kpogri" (pay) and how long you don dey the work. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kzee001: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hello house.Much Respect.... I intend 2visit US october-november, my wife just put to bed, she visited 9ja twice, though she started filing my papers,but will take till next year cus she called them and was told they still working on 2014 November submit, n ours was 2015 December. Right now i want to put together Documents for my application n interview, the thing is i havent been working, but i am an assistant director and a partner in my mums business, there are CAC docs to prove that since 1993. My statement of acc is not that solid though, so i was thinking if i can use my mums statement or i should work on making deposits for 3-4months b4 my aplication n make out pay slips. Also, will i need employment letter n leave letter? Please house i need ur assistance in putting my application together, i would love2see my son..my sister is in US with her husband also with my dad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
Kzee001:
Hello house.Much Respect.... I intend 2visit US october-november, my wife just put to bed, she visited 9ja twice, though she started filing my papers,but will take till next year cus she called them and was told they still working on 2014 November submit, n ours was 2015 December. Right now i want to put together Documents for my application n interview, the thing is i havent been working, but i am an assistant director and a partner in my mums business, there are CAC docs to prove that since 1993. My statement of acc is not that solid though, so i was thinking if i can use my mums statement or i should work on making deposits for 3-4months b4 my aplication n make out pay slips. Also, will i need employment letter n leave letter? Please house i need ur assistance in putting my application together, i would love2see my son..my sister is in US with her husband also with my dad
Invest some time and 'package your application ' by yourself.
Read ike 10-20 pages of this thread. U can read back from this page and progess.
NOBODY will ask you for cac documents or account statement.
The vos have said it a million times and applicants have also said it in their transcripts
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by siina(m): 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2016
Just submitted my ds-160 form today, looking up to God for favor in my coming interview...was even surprised the informations asked in the form are not that much

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2016
@ladyguinivere pls don't hurt my mouth lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
siina:
Just submitted my ds-160 form today, looking up to God for favor in my coming interview...was even surprised the informations asked in the form are not that much
good luck.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Herbwise(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
Greetings All,
My younger brother just got married some months bank. He has a valid passport to expire 2018. Wife also has a valid passport to expire 3 years from now.

The wife's passports bears her Parent's surname, not her hubby's name.

They want to apply to US for 3weeks Honeymoon.
SHOULD THEY GO FOR A NEW PASSPORTS SO AS TO UNIFY THE SURNAMES ON THEIR PASSPORTS OR WILL THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE COVER THEM AT THE INTERVIEW? THEY ARE BOTH NIGERIANS.

Will appreciate ur responses. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
Herbwise:
Greetings All,
My younger brother just got married some months bank. He has a valid passport to expire 2018. Wife also has a valid passport to expire 3 years from now.

SHOULD THEY GO FOR A NEW PASSPORTS SO AS TO UNIFY THE SURNAMES ON THEIR PASSPORTS OR WILL THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE COVER THEM AT THE INTERVIEW? THEY ARE BOTH NIGERIANS.

The marriage certificate will cover that and bring pictures along.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
Herbwise:
Greetings All,

No issues with the maiden name thingy. They are covered with the MC (and affidavit/newspaper publication). Moreover, it is understandable that one may not want to go through all that change of name on passport stress till time for renewal (anytime from 6 months to its expiration) and even beyond
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Godfavourme: 7:54am On Jul 26, 2016
I was denied on July 23rd without any reasons after asking so many questions, he just brought out a blue paper and said he was sorry etc.

Im supposed to attending a training next month I wouldn't know if it will be advisable to reapply and if they will give me if I do. Scared of loosing money again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:27am On Jul 26, 2016
Godfavourme:
I was denied on July 23rd without any reasons after asking so many questions, he just brought out a blue paper and said he was sorry etc.

Im supposed to attending a training next month I wouldn't know if it will be advisable to reapply and if they will give me if I do. Scared of loosing money again.

You would have been given a reason written on that paper.
This is US policy.

Does it say something like 214b?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Godfavourme: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2016
worry359:

You would have been given a reason written on that paper.
This is US policy.

Does it say something like 214b?

Yes a blue paper written section 214b. Would they give me if I reapply? I really wish to attend the training. I'm married with kids even with a good job
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by teetee12: 11:18am On Jul 26, 2016
please, I need advice on this. My agent told me that he has gotten my interview date having paid for the interview fee without submitting ds 160 form. I told him I have to change some information and he said he's yet to submit the form. please, how possible is this?
I need a reply please, people in the house.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2016
Godfavourme:

Yes a blue paper written section 214b. Would they give me if I reapply? I really wish to attend the training. I'm married with kids even with a good job

We would issue a visa if you re-applied and were qualified.

It is, however, unlikely that the circumstances which made you ineligible under 214(b) changed in such a short amount of time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by glokayjy: 11:48am On Jul 26, 2016
Dear, please I need advice, my family as just been refused visa entry to the US, my story goes thus. I gave birth in 2008 to my first child for(geofrey) out of wedlock, in 2012 did my passport with my maiden name(johndoe), I applied for SA and got d visa in 2013june travlled and came bak and then in july applied for US visa to go for a conference, but in my application I applied with my maiden name(johndoe) and claimed married to someone else (freedas)whereas I still bear samename(johndoe) but I wasn't married. In the form I included I have a dota (kim geofrey) . In Dec 2013 (geofrey) and i got married and got anoda child in 2014. so the story now is my passport is still valid and all other documents carries my hubbys name except my passport. And last month we applied for visiting with the kids both(geofrey). While filling the applicationform we filled I was married before. And on the interview day wich was last week the interview went forth:
VO: goodmorning
Geofrey fam: morning
VO: sir where u visiting in d US
Geofrey: philladelphia
VO: what's happeninng
Geofey: my cousins wedding
VO: maam! Were u married before
Me: yes,
VO: what's his nname and age
Me: freedas, and gave dob
VO:when did d wedding take place
Me: 2012
VO: where do u work
Us: gave ansa
VO: whose kids aare these
Hubby: ours
VO:how much do u earn
Us: 280k and 310k
VO then turned to hubby and continued qustion but lastly apologisd for the refusal and gave us a pink note.
My qustion now is incase of future application pls how do I correct this errors. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
glokayjy:
Dear, please I need advice, my family as just been refused visa entry to the US, my story goes thus. I gave birth in 2008 to my first child for(geofrey) out of wedlock, in 2012 did my passport with my maiden name(johndoe), I applied for SA and got d visa in 2013june travlled and came bak and then in july applied for US visa to go for a conference, but in my application I applied with my maiden name(johndoe) and claimed married to someone else (freedas)whereas I still bear samename(johndoe) but I wasn't married. In the form I included I have a dota (kim geofrey) . In Dec 2013 (geofrey) and i got married and got anoda child in 2014. so the story now is my passport is still valid and all other documents carries my hubbys name except my passport. And last month we applied for visiting with the kids both(geofrey). While filling the applicationform we filled I was married before. And on the interview day wich was last week the interview went forth:
VO: goodmorning
Geofrey fam: morning
VO: sir where u visiting in d US
Geofrey: philladelphia
VO: what's happeninng
Geofey: my cousins wedding
VO: maam! Were u married before
Me: yes,
VO: what's his nname and age
Me: freedas, and gave dob
VO:when did d wedding take place
Me: 2012
VO: where do u work
Us: gave ansa
VO: whose kids aare these
Hubby: ours
VO:how much do u earn
Us: 280k and 310k
VO then turned to hubby and continued qustion but lastly apologisd for the refusal and gave us a pink note.
My qustion now is incase of future application pls how do I correct this errors. Thanks.
I didn't really understand what u wrote. Maybe because I am just waking up from sleep. What was on the pink note? Oh wait, the first time you applied you misrepresented and you got denied. This second time you were denied as well? That sucks bro. You may have complicated things for and created a bad record for yourself at the embassy. Now it's gon be hard to get a US visa. The embassy may have banned you...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by frankloloko: 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
Good day everyone . Please help me out last two years I applied for a Visa and the agent told me the only way I can get a visa is to disvirgin my passport . As a novice I agreed ' and he got me a Dubai visa entry and exit . I went to wakanow office and told them the whole truth . They said if I didn't go to Dubal meaning it's fake that I should be careful not to get caught . Should I still use it to apply and see if the Vo will dictate it or better get another one ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by glokayjy: 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
iRyan:
I didn't really understand what u wrote. Maybe because I am just waking up from sleep. What was on the pink note?

All names written in my mssg were not real names, anyway the pink paper is the section(214b) paper. Its a pink paper they give in abuja. Pls kindly go. Through again. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by glokayjy: 12:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
iRyan:
I didn't really understand what u wrote. Maybe because I am just waking up from sleep. What was on the pink note? Oh wait, the first time you applied you misrepresented and you got denied. This second time you were denied as well? That sucks bro. You may have complicated things for and created a bad record for yourself at the embassy. Now it's gon be hard to get a US visa. The embassy may have banned you...

Bro, if I've been banned does it affect my hubby and kids since they are applying for the first time?

I'm a sist, not a bro, the first time I was denied genuinely and how do I know if I've been banned. Thanks bro.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunzo: 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
frankloloko:
Good day everyone . Please help me out last two years I applied for a Visa and the agent told me the only way I can get a visa is to disvirgin my passport . As a novice I agreed ' and he got me a Dubai visa entry and exit . I went to wakanow office and told them the whole truth . They said if I didn't go to Dubal meaning it's fake that I should be careful not to get caught . Should I still use it to apply and see if the Vo will dictate it or better get another one ?

VO is already reading and they will tell you the next thing to do. Am always learning on this forum.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
frankloloko:

No. I know what fake Dubai stamps looks like because A) I read Arabic and most of the fake UAE stamps aren't even in Arabic, B) I have been to Dubai and know what the real stamps look like, and C) I've trained the other VOs on the hidden security features in genuine UAE stamps.

Providing fraudulent documentation is a form of misrepresentation and the U.S. government takes this very seriously. You risk permanently damaging your credibility by engaging with visa agents and providing fraudulent documents.
Having a virgin passport does not bar you from getting a U.S. visa anyways, so there is no reason for this.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
@glokayjy I don't understand you wrote... Can you summarize it for me (us)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
LagosNIV:

No. I know what fake Dubai stamps looks like because A) I read Arabic and most of the fake UAE stamps aren't even in Arabic, B) I have been to Dubai and know what the real stamps look like, and C) I've trained the other VOs on the hidden security features in genuine UAE stamps.

Providing fraudulent documentation is a form of misrepresentation and the U.S. government takes this very seriously. You risk permanently damaging your credibility by engaging with visa agents and providing fraudulent documents.
Having a virgin passport does not bar you from getting a U.S. visa anyways, so there is no reason for this.
I did not know UAE provide sticker visa... Thought they are printed on A4. with entry and exit stamp on international passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
A few points on this...

IBATTRAVELS:
Social Ties to US: What many do not realize is that, having a relative in the US does not improve your chances of success rather it further reduce it. Why? Unless your relative is barack obama, you will need to qualify for a visa on your own before you can be granted. So it does not matter if you are going to visit your aunt in the US or simply going for tourism, if you do not qualify, nothing can change that.

If you are going to visit your aunt, then that is your purpose of travel. Contrary to what you believe, even Barack Obama's relatives would have to go through the same process to get a visa. The reality is that many people are going to visit relatives, and that is ok, but as you mentioned that in and of itself does not mean that you will be granted a visa. If you do not qualify, nothing can change that.

IBATTRAVELS:
Purpose of Visit: Some people already have a good profile, but they sometimes shoot themselves in the leg by using a wrong purpose of visit. This VOs are raised in the US and when they heard the word vacation, they expect you to go your family. So why would a married man who claimed to have like 2 kids will decide to go on vacation alone? So when the purpose of visit is vacation, always try to make sure its a family application. When its an individual, i will urge you to desist from using tourism, instead look for free conferences online in your field, show to the VO that you will benefit career-wise in your proposed trip to the US, you can now add to that by saying you like to explore and tour US too. That sound better to me.

I would disagree with this a bit - first all, I, for example, grew up in Latin America. Most of our VOs have spent significant portions of their lives abroad. The use of the word "vacation" does not mean you need to travel with your spouse and children. However, if we ask about why a 43 year old man is going to Disneyworld alone while his children stay in Nigeria... well that just doesn't make sense.

Similarly, going to a conference is kind of like having a relative, it doesn't guarantee that you will get a visa. In fact it is quite the contrary. At the end of the day, if you do not qualify, nothing can change that.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
IBATTRAVELS:
Good morning friends,
I have been an inactive member of this forum for long. Though I only created an account for nairaland ads only. I do not know what compel me to write but i just feel the urge to add my contribution too.

I will also try my best to follow this thread, WE LEARN EVERYDAY.

Nice one! You tried, but too much spanner in the works particularly from the PURPOSE OF VISIT part till the end, lots of mix up. We all learn really, you too! Regards

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2016
seyewest:
I did not know UAE provide sticker visa... Thought they are printed on A4. with entry and exit stamp on international passport.

Seye, I think the VO is talking of UAE entry and exit stamps not sticker visa. Just my thought though.

Nice take generally @LagosNIV on IBATTRAVELS' views, great!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 2:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
seyewest:

It is the entry and exit stamps on the passport lagosNIV is referring to. The agent would have to provide 'fake stamps' to show the applicant travelled to dubai.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
IBATTRAVELS I would crave your indulgence as a travel agent to get and use correct applicants information when filling their forms.
From lagosNIV's response its obvious you still need some learning on the intricacies of Visa grants/refusals.. but the fact that you are here means you are eager to learn and give your clients the best. Keep up the good work! Not every agent should be fraudulent.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by glokayjy: 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
seyewest:
@glokayjy I don't understand you wrote... Can you summarize it for me (us)

@seyewest in summary, in 2008 I gave birth for my bf who at dat time wasn't ready to get married. Then I did a passport in 2012 in my fathers name, since I wasn't married yet but only have a child. when I applied for US visa in july2013 in d form where they ask are u married I said yes and filled anoda persons name that doesn't tally with my surname cos on my passport its my maiden name that's on it. And den in dec 2013 I got married to my baby father and we applied last month as a family. But I'm still using same passport which still has my maiden name but this time my hubbys name and kids name are also same except for my passport. So on the day of the interview d question was asked if I was married before and details of the person. In this case I'm not married to dat person but to my original hubby and we have our MC and order documents. What do I need to do for future applications in order to rectify dis blunder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.