Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1529411 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Seye, I think the VO is talking of UAE entry and exit stamps not sticker visa. Just my thought though.

Nice take generally @LagosNIV on IBATTRAVELS' views, great!
@LagosNIV Calm things generally and his reasoning is logical.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
glokayjy:

@seyewest in summary, in 2008 I gave birth for my bf who at dat time wasn't ready to get married. Then I did a passport in 2012 in my fathers name, since I wasn't married yet but only have a child. when I applied for US visa in july2013 in d form where they ask are u married I said yes and filled anoda persons name that doesn't tally with my surname cos on my passport its my maiden name that's on it. And den in dec 2013 I got married to my baby father and we applied last month as a family. But I'm still using same passport which still has my maiden name but this time my hubbys name and kids name are also same except for my passport. So on the day of the interview d question was asked if I was married before and details of the person. In this case I'm not married to dat person but to my original hubby and we have our MC and order documents. What do I need to do for future applications in order to rectify dis blunder.
You need a divorce letter from the previous wedding and you need to come clean...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by glokayjy: 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
seyewest:
You need a divorce letter from the previous wedding and you need to come clean...

@seyest thank you for your assistance, is dere anyway I can know if I have been banned any link to it? Much appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
seyewest:
I did not know UAE provide sticker visa... Thought they are printed on A4. with entry and exit stamp on international passport.

Stamps he said
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Seye, I think the VO is talking of UAE entry and exit stamps not sticker visa. Just my thought though.

Nice take generally @LagosNIV on IBATTRAVELS' views, great!

Having such back and forth engagement is not only refreshing but enlightening. Kudos to Ibattravels as well, great write up. Please incorporate VOs response in your blog, if possible, screenshot it and post. It's as good as the embassy unravelling some myths we've always believed and it will be beneficial to your readers.

Good one

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by IBATTRAVELS: 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
sugah:
IBATTRAVELS I would crave your indulgence as a travel agent to get and use correct applicants information when filling their forms.
From lagosNIV's response its obvious you still need some learning on the intricacies of Visa grants/refusals.. but the fact that you are here means you are eager to learn and give your clients the best. Keep up the good work! Not every agent should be fraudulent.
Thanks @sugah for the advise ...Yes, i do not indulge in using wrong information, i simply advise/consult. I prefer to let people know when they don't qualify instead of wasting money on visa fees. Wait until circumstances has changed favorable. Trust me, even clients will tempt you to build a profile for them, something they are not, but only road side agency does that, I run a reputable IATA licensed online agency, online ticket sales is my focus. I am happy to find this thread and i will be following closely to learn more on visa issues.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by IBATTRAVELS: 6:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
LagosNIV:
A few points on this...

If you are going to visit your aunt, then that is your purpose of travel. Contrary to what you believe, even Barack Obama's relatives would have to go through the same process to get a visa. The reality is that many people are going to visit relatives, and that is ok, but as you mentioned that in and of itself does not mean that you will be granted a visa. If you do not qualify, nothing can change that.

I would disagree with this a bit - first all, I, for example, grew up in Latin America. Most of our VOs have spent significant portions of their lives abroad. The use of the word "vacation" does not mean you need to travel with your spouse and children. However, if we ask about why a 43 year old man is going to Disneyworld alone while his children stay in Nigeria... well that just doesn't make sense.

Similarly, going to a conference is kind of like having a relative, it doesn't guarantee that you will get a visa. In fact it is quite the contrary. At the end of the day, if you do not qualify, nothing can change that.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 6:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
IBATTRAVELS:

Thanks @sugah for the advise ...Yes, i do not indulge in using wrong information, i simply advise/consult. I prefer to let people know when they don't qualify instead of wasting money on visa fees. Wait until circumstances has changed favorable. Trust me, even clients will tempt you to build a profile for them, something they are not, but only road side agency does that, I run a reputable IATA licensed online agency, online ticket sales is my focus. I am happy to find this thread and i will be following closely to learn more on visa issues.

I salute you, your kind is rare.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by glokayjy: 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
Dear, please I need advice, my family as just been refused visa entry to the US, my story goes thus. I gave birth in 2008 to my first child for(geofrey) out of wedlock, in 2012 did my passport with my maiden name(johndoe), I applied for SA and got d visa in 2013june travlled and came bak and then in july applied for US visa to go for a conference, but in my application I applied with my maiden name(johndoe) and claimed married to someone else (freedas)whereas I still bear samename(johndoe) but I wasn't married. In the form I included I have a dota (kim geofrey) . In Dec 2013 (geofrey) and i got married and got anoda child in 2014. so the story now is my passport is still valid and all other documents carries my hubbys name except my passport. And last month we applied for visiting with the kids both(geofrey). While filling the applicationform we filled I was married before. And on the interview day wich was last week the interview went forth:
VO: goodmorning
Geofrey fam: morning
VO: sir where u visiting in d US
Geofrey: philladelphia
VO: what's happeninng
Geofey: my cousins wedding
VO: maam! Were u married before
Me: yes,
VO: what's his nname and age
Me: freedas, and gave dob
VO:when did d wedding take place
Me: 2012
VO: where do u work
Us: gave ansa
VO: whose kids aare these
Hubby: ours
VO:how much do u earn
Us: 280k and 310k
VO then turned to hubby and continued qustion but lastly apologisd for the refusal and gave us a pink note.
My qustion now is incase of future application pls how do I correct this errors. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
glokayjy:
Dear, please I need advice,
My qustion now is incase of future application pls how do I correct this errors. Thanks.

On the note was a reason
Something like 214b

Tell us that and we may be able to say more.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by glokayjy: 7:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
worry359:

On the note was a reason
Something like 214b

Tell us that and we may be able to say more.

@worry359 thank you, the reason is a section 214b.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
glokayjy:
Dear, please I need advice, my family as just been refused visa entry to the US, my story goes thus. I gave birth in 2008 to my first child for(geofrey) out of wedlock, in 2012 did my passport with my maiden name(johndoe), I applied for SA and got d visa in 2013june travlled and came bak and then in july applied for US visa to go for a conference, but in my application I applied with my maiden name(johndoe) and claimed married to someone else (freedas)whereas I still bear samename(johndoe) but I wasn't married. In the form I included I have a dota (kim geofrey) . In Dec 2013 (geofrey) and i got married and got anoda child in 2014. so the story now is my passport is still valid and all other documents carries my hubbys name except my passport. And last month we applied for visiting with the kids both(geofrey). While filling the applicationform we filled I was married before. And on the interview day wich was last week the interview went forth:
VO: goodmorning
Geofrey fam: morning
VO: sir where u visiting in d US
Geofrey: philladelphia
VO: what's happeninng
Geofey: my cousins wedding
VO: maam! Were u married before
Me: yes,
VO: what's his nname and age
Me: freedas, and gave dob
VO:when did d wedding take place
Me: 2012
VO: where do u work
Us: gave ansa
VO: whose kids aare these
Hubby: ours
VO:how much do u earn
Us: 280k and 310k
VO then turned to hubby and continued qustion but lastly apologisd for the refusal and gave us a pink note.
Madam please stop spamming.
Yoou misrepresented. The VO also did not believe your story. Youu cannot get a divorce letter either co you were never married. That s further misrepresentation.
If you apply again, admit that you misrepresented. From then you can move on.

@ibatravels subtle market much? cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
glokayjy:

@worry359 thank you, the reason is a section 214b.

Ok
So you know what you have to do.
You must provide better ties to PROVE that you will return home.
Look at things, employers, family.
How you can present a better picture.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by glokayjy: 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yoou misrepresented. The VO also did not believe your story. Youu cannot get a divorce letter either co you were never married. That s further misrepresentation.

@ibatravels thank you so much for your response I appreciate, now I know what to do, pls when next do u thinnk I can apply? And my fear now is hope I haven't been banned.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
seyewest:
@LagosNIV Calm things generally and his reasoning is logical.
STANDARD reasoning of course on these matters
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I thought she was legally married and left the guy for the father of her daughter ( not dota ) and used his surname for her passport.... wow... na wa ooo... why I dey disturb myself with misrepresentation... chai
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
glokayjy:

@ibatravels thank you so much for your response I appreciate, now I know what to do, pls when next do u thinnk I can apply? And my fear now is hope I haven't been banned.
when next you apply, come clean and apologize. Maybe contact the embassy and tell the truth

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ib30(f): 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
hello peeps, am sooooo happy to tell you that my visa was approved today 26 of july. This is how it went

vo: hi
me: hi good morning
vo: where re u going in d us
me : new york city
vo: what post are u working for at your office
me : am a business development office
vo: what are your duties
me: told her
vo: have u travel befr
me : yes, london
vo: how about ur hubby
me: he is a business man
vo: has he traveled befr
me: yes, dats was befr we got married
vo: where did u do ur service, (nysc)
me : ekiti
vo: where did u school

vo: am gonna approve ur visa, come in a week time, and handed a white paper to me, I was veryy happy, even wanted to cry sef.

God reallh supported me, and d work of nairalander thru reading oda pipo experience. thank God

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ib30:
hello peeps, am sooooo happy to tell you that my visa was approved today 26 of july. This is how it went

vo: hi
me: hi good morning
vo: where re u going in d us
me : new york city
vo: what post are u working for at your office
me : am a business development office
vo: what are your duties
vo: have u travel befr
me : yes, london
vo: how about ur hubby
me: he is a business man
vo: has he traveled befr
me: yes, dats was befr we got married
vo: where did u do ur service, (nysc)
me : ekiti
vo: where did u school

vo: am gonna approve ur visa, come in a week time, and handed a white paper to me, I was veryy happy, even wanted to cry sef.

God reallh supported me, and d work of nairalander thru reading oda pipo experience. thank God
Congrats mama... Where? Lag or Abj

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ib30(f): 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2016
lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AZUH: 1:13am On Jul 27, 2016
@IBATTRAVEL please since you're an agent . You can never be a saint . People should be careful on this thread !!! I don't hide my feelings

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 27, 2016
worry359:

Ok
So you know what you have to do.
You must provide better ties to PROVE that you will return home.
Look at things, employers, family.
How you can present a better picture.

Just because you believe that your ties are strong doesn't mean that they will be considered strong under U.S. law, which is how the VOs have to look at your case. As a general rule I wouldn't recommend you reapply until you have had some substantial changes unless you just completely failed at the interview.

This, however, doesn't stop people from applying 4 times in the same month and getting refused 4 times, then demanding to know why. If you do not qualify, nothing can change that.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:51am On Jul 27, 2016
LagosNIV:

Just because you believe that your ties are strong doesn't mean that they will be considered strong under U.S. law, which is how the VOs have to look at your case. As a general rule I wouldn't recommend you reapply until you have had some substantial changes unless you just completely failed at the interview.

This, however, doesn't stop people from applying 4 times in the same month and getting refused 4 times, then demanding to know why. If you do not qualify, nothing can change that.
Quite weighty @the bolded.... "You just don't qualify for a visa" (maybe at the moment or so) even with all the assumed ties. Even if it is just one or two instance(s) @LagosNIV sir, kindly point out to this effect as a bonus. Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:08am On Jul 27, 2016
AZUH:
@IBATTRAVEL please since you're an agent . You can never be a saint . People should be careful on this thread !!! I don't hide my feelings

Errrr... I don't understand why you wan pull shirt.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:23am On Jul 27, 2016
nefertitiram:

Errrr... I don't understand why you wan pull shirt.
Cos he has been giving 'agenty' advice since and we been shooting it down and now this newbie comes along and una de hail am cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:06am On Jul 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Cos he has been giving 'agenty' advice since and we been shooting it down and now this newbie comes along and una de hail am cheesy

Lady G oooooo! I refuse to die from laughing!

Mr ibat did not hide his agent status. He event came out plain, I am an agent.

The ones that will be hiding and forming 'my helper oooo'! Abeg, make dem swerve!

Worbbish!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:35am On Jul 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Lolz! This is 'beri,beri' wicked of you. Kai! Imagine, no one is even angry with the IBAT fella, they're even giving him soft landing, dat one go pain sha. Particularly when you no sabi say na 'potopoto-kurukere' advise you dey busy dey 'agently' throw around since. Kikikikikikiii!

IBAT (I dey suspect say i know am sha oh) prove himself wella to a large extent, but make him just make one wrong move here wey we go sight, make naysayers see whether we go fail. Mtcheeewww!

#NoFaceOh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ayoleyi(f): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2016
Good morning house, I am back again. got my passport yesterday and i noticed ANNOTATION written below the visa page. Please what does it mean?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2016
ayoleyi:
Good morning house, I am back again. got my passport yesterday and i noticed ANNOTATION written below the visa page. Please what does it mean?
Anotation with what or just the word?
If its the latter then its ok.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by AZUH: 10:31am On Jul 27, 2016
@ladyg /nefertitiram. I am not an agent ' my first application was done through an agent and I will never forget that experience . You can go through my previous post. I won't advice anyone to petronise them .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ayoleyi(f): 10:55am On Jul 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Anotation with what or just the word?
If its the latter then its ok.

Its just the word Annotation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:29am On Jul 27, 2016
AZUH:
@ladyg /nefertitiram. I am not an agent ' my first application was done through an agent and I will never forget that experience . You can go through my previous post. I won't advice anyone to petronise them .
Well for once I agree with your opinion.
I believe one can complete his application, start to finish. And if one feels an agent increases his chances, then a careful look should be taken at such applications.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.