Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,028 members, 7,807,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530707 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by helensam: 5:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
Please i just need to clear my doubts
I went to Newyork by march,spent 2weeks and came back, i went for my wedding shopping. That was my intent at the interview , and now my wedding has been postponed to December, and i want to go back next month end tru newyork again, i want to go and buy things for sale in my shop.... hope am good to go
Can i say my wedding has be postponed when am asked ?
And can i use my B1/B2 visa to go and buy goods for sale ,
Because thats my purpose of travelling this time
And i would book my hotel reservation to go with.
Another question is that i booked Etihad airways , and i just read in this post that i would be interviewed in Dubia? It got me worried..thanks guys
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
maddock:

328usd is for 2 passengers new york-orlando return o and not one way.
hnmmmmmm you can get better deal but if you have luggages try American Airline... it's a long journey from New York to Florida especially when you're spending just 7 days.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:14pm On Aug 25, 2016
helensam:
Please i just need to clear my doubts
I went to Newyork by march,spent 2weeks and came back, i went for my wedding shopping. That was my intent at the interview , and now my wedding has been postponed to December, and i want to go back next month end tru newyork again, i want to go and buy things for sale in my shop.... hope am good to go
Can i say my wedding has be postponed when am asked ?
And can i use my B1/B2 visa to go and buy goods for sale ,
Because thats my purpose of travelling this time
And i would book my hotel reservation to go with.
Another question is that i booked Etihad airways , and i just read in this post that i would be interviewed in Dubia? It got me worried..thanks guys
First of all you're good to go you've done nothing wrong. it's B1/B2 visa just don't commit any crime in the U.S.
As for flying with Etihad... Any flight departing for U.S.A from Abu Dhabi will be regarded as a domestic flight when it landed in the U.S so this means that you will be subjected to the same screening you normally experienced at any international airport in the U.S in Abu dhabi. it is one of the few U.S CBP Outpost outside the soil of the U.S.
Enjoy your trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by helensam: 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2016
seyewest:
First of all you're good to go you've done nothing wrong. it's B1/B2 visa just don't commit any crime in the U.S.
As for flying with Etihad... Any flight departing for U.S.A from Abu Dhabi will be regarded as a domestic flight when it landed in the U.S so this means that you will be subjected to the same screening you normally experienced at any international airport in the U.S in Abu dhabi. it is one of the few U.S CBP Outpost outside the soil of the U.S.
Enjoy your trip.

Thank you so much for your responds cheesy smiley
Its just that i wanted my us.cbp to be in jfk newyork
Me i dont know how Dubia own would be like oh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
helensam:

Thank you so much for your responds cheesy smiley
Its just that i wanted my us.cbp to be in jfk newyork
Me i dont know how Dubia own would be like oh
it's Abu Dhabi and there won't be any problem in case you're yet to book your flight you can get another airline.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 12:00am On Aug 26, 2016
maddock:

Thanks Lady g because was about to ask if anybody have used it for long travel. So with your testimony now person mind Don strong be that.

Or just rent a car, get a GPS and drive

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 26, 2016
seyewest:
ABUJA TO JFK -N324K
One more thing whenever you want to book an international flight please do so on Wednesday and Thursday.. using wakanow/skyscanner don't use the airline site unless you're booking with miles or coupon.
Remember I'm still waiting for someone to buy me ticket.. @LadyG and @Nef make una show una self now... spend this money,I just finished exam I wan relax oooo cheesy
you are gonna have to wait on that till forever!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tbaba2(m): 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2016
hello. pls my colleague in my office is asking for an advice, if is OK to go for Christmas vacation in us( cos Dec is cold) he will be paying for the visa fee ending of this month. pls advice. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
ifeoluwasegun:
I want to commend great minds here as I've always learnt great things on this forum.

My question is i'm applying for a DS-160 soon, I want to ask if there's a column to fill my two jobs or I'm just permitted to fill one, but availability to fill the two would be preferred.

I am an ICT Engineer in a Company (main job) and as well I run an ICT firm which I have as a subordinate job. I see to my firm after work hours weekday and fully on weekends, but I have good hands on deck helping while I'm not around, but we do most things together.

So my question, is there an opportunity to fill the two as I'll soon quit my main job for now and base on that ICT enterprise.

Thank you.

@LadyGuinivere and other great minds

Thank God I just booked an appointment for September 1 now, lucky to have that date though... and I'm sure I'm gonna come again and Thank God again for the complete favourable success eventually.

So help me God!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
ifeoluwasegun:

Thank God I just booked an appointment for September 1 now, lucky to have that date though... and I'm sure I'm gonna come again and Thank God again for the complete favourable success eventually.

So help me God!

Wow, how were you able to secure that date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
Tbaba2:
hello. pls my colleague in my office is asking for an advice, if is OK to go for Christmas vacation in us( cos Dec is cold) he will be paying for the visa fee ending of this month. pls advice. thanks
Sure why not
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tbaba2(m): 2:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
seyewest:
Sure why not
. he will be applying with is wife n kids.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
Jesusbabygirl:

Wow, how were you able to secure that date?

It's just luckily, God at work in short.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hummm!! *raises Beyonce's hand for you* lollll

ifeoluwasegun:

It's just luckily, God at work in short.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:53pm On Aug 26, 2016
Tbaba2:
. he will be applying with is wife n kids.
No problem but are you sure their ties are topnotch?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iwalewa92(f): 2:41am On Aug 27, 2016
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=38915826]
Any information as per how?

Hello lady G, may God bless you for the great help you render here. I plan to apply for a US visa in a few months time. I'm working and married but my husband is in the UK dou comes home every now and again. I want him to be my sponsor as my salary is just a stipend. Hence my question, he doesn't have a running account in naija but has a fixed deposit, can we liquidate d fixed deposit and submit it with a joint domiciliary account or he sends me his account details abroad?

What are my chances in your own opinion? I don't have a child yet though.

Thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 5:37am On Aug 27, 2016
Hello Good People in the house, Myself, wife and kids got our visas last month, the trip was planned to have my wife and kids birthdays celebrated in the state on vacation but wife got mouth watering wedding cake contract that made us shift the trip. My question is this, I am planning to go alone in few months time as I don't like staying in Nigeria during my leave, last year was in UK for a month but planning to spend 2 months in the state if I go. Hope there won't be any question at POE why I did not come with my family and why I am spending 2 months. Will definitely go with my family next year during school vacation. My POE is JFK. Awaiting your kind advice. God bless.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:09am On Aug 27, 2016
zoomzu:
Hello Good People in the house, Myself, wife and kids got our visas last month, the trip was planned to have my wife and kids birthdays celebrated in the state on vacation but wife got mouth watering wedding cake contract that made us shift the trip. My question is this, I am planning to go alone in few months time as I don't like staying in Nigeria during my leave, last year was in UK for a month but planning to spend 2 months in the state if I go. Hope there won't be any question at POE why I did not come with my family and why I am spending 2 months. Will definitely go with my family next year during school vacation. My POE is JFK. Awaiting your kind advice. God bless.
It is within the cbp's right to ask ANY question about your trip's purpose or anything you said in the interview. Nobody knows what they will ask.
However , you must have valid and truthful answers to questions put to you. If you are a genuine traveller, you should be able to give cogent answers to any question no matter how unexpected it seems.
If you have a valid reason for staying 2 months, you explain if asked. Safe trip

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by success2000: 8:20am On Aug 27, 2016
good morning my brothers and sisters in the house.

I will having my interview on 7th of sep,
1. going for vacation and would be staying at my uncles place.
2. Self sponsored and would be spending 15 days
3. married with one kid

my question is:
1. Please, how do I explain my purpose of visit in an expert way?

2. And how can i tackle a question of " what do you want to go and do in the US in expert way?

Please i'm asking this question because its my first time of processing a traveling app and i don't want experience any denier whatsoever. i know i would make it with the help of people like " Lady G, Seyewest and my other families" in this forum.

thanks and God bless you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:31am On Aug 27, 2016
[quote author=iwalewa92 post=48835011][/quote]

Good morning Ma.
Your husband can sponsor your trip . However for B visas , Vo's rarely look at or ask for statements. As a matter of fact, they have said it over and over, they do not need documents.
As for chances, I am not your vo who will evaluate your whole circumstance. As such I cannot comment on anybody's chances.
What I can however advice is that you read the transcripts here. I remember one lady who's husband is in london and she applied but was denied. The speculation was that its because she had no ties as her husband was not in nigeria. So self evaluate, what can be considered a tie in Nigeria for you?
Not having a child simplicita is not enough reason to be refused a visa. Many applicants with no children get visas. However the vo considers each application on its merits

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:39am On Aug 27, 2016
success2000:
good morning my brothers and sisters in the house.

I will having my interview on 7th of sep,
1. going for vacation and would be staying at my uncles place.
2. Self sponsored and would be spending 15 days
3. married with one kid

my question is:
1. Please, how do I explain my purpose of visit in an expert way?

2. And how can i tackle a question of " what do you want to go and do in the US in expert way?

Please i'm asking this question because its my first time of processing a traveling app and i don't want experience any denier whatsoever. i know i would make it with the help of people like " Lady G, Seyewest and my other families" in this forum.

thanks and God bless you all.
Sorry but IMO you are asking the wrong questions. There's nothing like an 'expert way' of answering questions. Rehearsing answers is the fastest way to being refused.
For you to want to visit the US. You must have a reason and you mustav researched on the things you'l do in the US. If you haven't then do so. State it as it is. Somebody once said his purpose of visit was to see snow.
You can read the transcripts and see the answers people gave.read. Research. Take pointers. But in all, you must have your own purpose of trip.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:58am On Aug 27, 2016
zoomzu:

Are you an employer or an employee?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by myorsing: 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2016
I have my Visa interview coming up 30th Of August .

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2016
justwise:

Are you an employer or an employee?

Oga Justwise, I am an employee. My leave as a senior officer is 30 working days and I am permitted to extend it as we would have been winding down activities for the year. We normally shut down our activities by Dec 15 to 20. I work with an international organisation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by maddock(m): 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2016
zoomzu:

Oga Justwise, I am an employee. My leave as a senior officer is 30 working days and I am permitted to extend it as we would have been winding down activities for the year. We normally shut down our activities by Dec 15 to 20. I work with an international organisation.

2 months for an employee abeg expert I think you guys should help this brother out oo. Standard leave is usually 30days and everybody know this. My personal opinion is that you should stick to your 30days.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2016
zoomzu:

Please stick to standard 30days leave as an employee.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
maddock:

2 months for an employee abeg expert I think you guys should help this brother out oo. Standard leave is usually 30days and everybody know this. My personal opinion is that you should stick to your 30days.
I work in a government institiution. In my state, there's usually public holidays. From december 6th to like 2nd January. So if I take my leave to coincide with that public holiday, would it be an issue at poe? I think not.
Every truth can be verified one way or the other. One must nt fit into a box because its the norm. If he can take 2 months off, IMO all he need do is take proof along shikena.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I work in a government institiution. In my state, there's usually public holidays. From december 6th to like 2nd January. So if I take my leave to coincide with that public holiday, would it be an issue at poe? I think not.
Every truth can be verified one way or the other. One must nt fit into a box because its the norm. If he can take 2 months off, IMO all he need do is take proof along shikena.

Many thanks for your comment. Not that one is trying to cut corners but i know what is obtainable in my organisation. If it is not possible in your organisation doesn't mean it is not possible in another organisation. We work like jackal in our organisation day, night and weekends with the power of technology even, being on leave doesn't stop me from working. I have taken 2 full time post graduate courses in the course of my employment of 10years. I appreciate all your comments, it is better to play safe as I would not want to create any issue when going again with my family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2016
zoomzu:

Many thanks for your comment. Not that one is trying to cut corners but i know what is obtainable in my organisation. If it is not possible in your organisation doesn't mean it is not possible in another organisation. We work like jackal in our organisation day, night and weekends with the power of technology even, being on leave doesn't stop me from working. I have taken 2 full time post graduate courses in the course of my employment of 10years. I appreciate all your comments, it is better to play safe as I would not want to create any issue when going again with my family.
Dude. Did you misunderstand my comment or you misquoted me?
Kindly re read my post

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Dude. Did you misunderstand my comment or you misquoted me?
Kindly re read my post

Not at all. Your comments are highly valued and you are highly appreciated as well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2016
And you wan spend a whole 2months to go flex only without your family?
Are you using your wife's handle?let me send her a mail not to allow you go!! Loll.
But isn't 2months too much without yur family when itsnt work related? #myopinion

zoomzu:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

To be honest they won't even notice it at the POE until he makes a mistake.. or fidget. I believe suspicion will arise with anything above 3 months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.