Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1529440 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2016
amanonymous:
Guy my form was properly filled. In my presence, everyone that went to that particular V.O was denied and secondly because I was asking questions dosent mean my ds160 wasn't well filled. 241b is based on strong ties. Travel history very important and also been single also is always a problem. Believe me I did a whole lot of research before I came to this thread. Most times even with all filled ds160 and the ties everything still lies with the. V.O. Believe me I didn't see anybody given a white paper I was looking all thru. But it's well
If that is the case why bother applying for the visa.. Why not wait for some of the ties to be in place before applyin for U.S visit visa.. My colleague at work was issued a visa in January and he's single,no kids,no travel history and he earn less than N300,000 the key is in his type of work.. He was going for a fraud conference and after that he will be coming back straight to work on a fraud case.. The conference we went for is to prepare us in detecting fraud.. Which means our purpose of traveling to U.S is very very important to Nigeria and U.S No V.O will deny you.. 3 of us went for the interview in one week and we all got our visa and we were interviewed by different V.O. Purpose and ties are the key... Don't dull.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
@seye you be olopa?
Abeg I get some fiful that are looking for my trouble!
cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
seyewest:
This is what you will do.... open another email and create another appointment profile... when you input all your data they will reject it saying another email address has been associated with your profile... when you're done with that please let me know.
I am done with that please help me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
Attraction:
I am done with that please help me.
with the new application profile...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedimple: 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hi Good People

I want to book my wife's ticket. Initially we were supposed to spend two weeks in the US. But my wife would like to stay two weeks longer to attend a friend's wedding and we intend to book restricted tickets. My question is, would there be any problem at the POE in case they check our tickets and discover she is staying longer? Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
@seye you be olopa?
Abeg I get some fiful that are looking for my trouble!
cheesy
I no be olopa ooo but I told you I was an auditor before I changed job earlier this year....remember I told you it was a fraud conference and we are doing it to investigate oil companies.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
seyewest:
with the new application profile... put a dot[b][/b] before your passport number and fill the rest of your data in the appropriate place and click save. Thank me later

Don't you think that may not be too good a style? Doesn't seem cool though.

@attraction; I really don't dig why that is proving difficult for you to do sha. Please put a CALL (I mean a CALL! It works better than that feedback thing) across to them, it will only take them a few minutes to do that for you, I have seen it work, so, I'm authoritavely gunning for you going this my suggested route. The number to call should be 014406218, tell them you dont have a hold on your formerly used email addie and go ahead furnishing them with the one that works for you now and ask for a swap. Regards

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
seyewest:
If that is the case why bother applying for the visa.. Why not wait for some of the ties to be in place before applyin for U.S visit visa.. My colleague at work was issued a visa in January and he's single,no kids,no travel history and he earn less than N300,000 the key is in his type of work.. He was going for a fraud conference and after that he will be coming back straight to work on a fraud case.. The conference we went for is to prepare us in detecting fraud.. Which means our purpose of traveling to U.S is very very important to Nigeria and U.S No V.O will deny you.. 3 of us went for the interview in one week and we all got our visa and we were interviewed by different V.O. Purpose and ties are the key... Don't dull.

PURPOSE AND TIES.

But it's an entirely different story for you to be able to prove your Ties and How purposeful your intended trip is.

What will you rather say?
My cup is half full or my cup is half empty. Same cup, same quantity of water and all that.

Two people with identical stories and Travel reasons might get very different interview outcomes.

It all depends on telling your story the best way and not necessarily lying about nothing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2016
seyewest:
with the new application profile... put a dot[b][/b] before your passport number and fill the rest of your data in the appropriate place and click save. Thank me later
I should put a dot as in full stop before my passport number ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by elmadavida(f): 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
I applied for a visit visa for my mom to attend my graduation, i wrote that she is retired as her profession.
My sister is also planning to come with her so they will be going for the interview together. My mum is the sponsor for both of them.
Now i'm wondering if she should also mention during the interview that she has a business she is running after retirement as a civil servant. OR just maintain what is written on the DS160 form as a retiree.

please note:
(1) she is the sponsor and she is retired.
(2) she has a decent business she can add to proove home ties.
(3) my sister is married and has a fixed deposit to show additional support.
(4) they will be attending the interview together
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
Attraction:
I should put a dot as in full stop before my passport number ?
Yes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
OmoBendel24:

@attraction; I really don't dig why that is proving difficult for you to do sha. Please put a CALL (I mean a CALL! It works better than that feedback thing) across to them, it will only take them a few minutes to do that for you, I have seen it work, so, I'm authoritavely gunning for you going this my suggested route. The number to call should be 014406218, tell them you dont have a hold on your formerly used email addie and go ahead furnishing them with the one that works for you now and ask for a swap. Regards
You think so? There's nothing they can do about it. He should have stayed away from Agent in the first place... Without the email there's nothing he can do except they delete that profile forever which they won't do just like that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
elmadavida:

I applied for a visit visa for my mom to attend my graduation, i wrote that she is retired as her profession.
My sister is also planning to come with her so they will be going for the interview together. My mum is the sponsor for both of them.
Now i'm wondering if she should also mention during the interview that she has a business she is running after retirement as a civil servant. OR just maintain what is written on the DS160 form as a retiree.

please note:

Why is your mum sponsoring your sister please? Better work on establishing your sister's ties instead of hoping to get her a visa back of your mum. They will still very much know to separate them if her ties ain't tight! Outside being married and having a fixed deposit what more does she have going for her in your opinion, kindly highlight.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
elmadavida:

please note:
The V.O may not separate them but if your sister is married and above 27 she's on her own... How can a retiree sponsor a 30yrs old married woman? kole werk... Use her husband as her sponsor and let mom sponsor herself.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2016
seyewest:

You think so? There's nothing they can do about it. He should have stayed away from Agent in the first place... Without the email there's nothing he can do except they delete that profile forever which they won't do just like that.

Seye, I have seen a swap done successfully in this regard just some less than two months ago here. I too never believed before then that such will fly, but it did!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Seye, I have seen a swap done successfully in this regard just some less than two months ago here. I too never believed before then that such will fly, but it did!
well it's obvious they are not ready to do it for him.

Main reason I don't like sharing stuffs like this... I will have to delete that part.. what do you think?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
I am trying to schedule appointment. This is what I got. An error occurred during connection to cgifederal. Secure.force.com The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please any help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2016
Attraction:
I am trying to schedule appointment. This is what I got. An error occurred during connection to cgifederal. Secure.force.com The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please any help
go to www.traveldocs.com start from there.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
OmoBendel24:

I called them and they updated it. Thanks for the number and advise.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
seyewest:
go to www.traveldocs.com start from there.
thanks seye, you guys rock ooooo. I'm still filling the form but want to get appointment.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2016
Attraction:
thanks seye, you guys rock ooooo. I'm still filling the form but want to get appointment.
Na God
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

In addition.
This is my opinion @amanonymous . This isn't meant to rub salt in your injury but to guide you for the future. I never met you but you struck me as unprepared. You kept on asking questions that a lil preparation and research woulda answered you.
I think at a point I got a bit snappy at u because of some questions. Then clearly your form was improperly filled and that made the vo already pissed.
Presentation is key. Form filling is like 50 percent of the process. Me, if I'm evaluatiing data and I come across poorly filled forms I de vex. Now imagine a vo listening to plenty grammer all day.
Next time, take time and read this thread. Be prepared. Good luck
LadyG.....great one from you.. They say determination today leads to success tomorrow.
We learn all day..
Prepare and pray for favour

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=amanonymous post=50498758]Guy my form was properly filled. In my presence, everyone that went to that particular V.O was denied and secondly because I was asking questions dosent mean my ds160 wasn't well filled. 241b is based on strong ties. Travel history very important and also been single also is always a problem. Believe me I did a whole lot of research before I came to this thread. Most times even with all filled ds160 and the ties everything still lies with the. V.O. Believe me I didn't see anybody given a white paper I was looking all thru. But it's well[/quote
Prayer is the key my brother....Pray for Gods favour next time,God is still in the business of answering prayers
You might just be the only one he will approve...when God is by your side
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
Attraction:
I called them and they updated it. Thanks for the number and advise.
Best example for why we should always call in and reduce the asking here.
@seye in my opnion, it is always better to do things the straightforward way cos a vo may see such shortcuts as an attempt to cover previous sins
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mrmofasa(m): 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hello House,
I plan to go for vacation in March next year and i already scheduled my appointment for next month.

Given my work schedule, it may be a bit difficult to attend an interview early in the year. Is it too early to apply for the interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Best example for why we should always call in and reduce the asking here.
@seye in my opnion, it is always better to do things the straightforward way cos a vo may see such shortcuts as an attempt to cover previous sins
He said he has been dealing with them for 4 straight days with no success... As you know I thought I was helping but it won't happen again and I have deleted the post anyway.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by elmadavida(f): 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Why is your mum sponsoring your sister please? Better work on establishing your sister's ties instead of hoping to get her a visa back of your mum. They will still very much know to separate them if her ties ain't tight! Outside being married and having a fixed deposit what more does she have going for her in your opinion, kindly highlight.

She is sponsoring because she suggested they go together and agreed to paying the bills. This is why I asked if she should also mention to the VO that she has a business which she would take the documents and statement along with her.
For my sister, she works and has kids. She collected a letter from work to prove this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Damola06(m): 4:55am On Oct 26, 2016
Hello,

I was granted a Visa for a conference in US but would not be able travel due to some family issues. Can I still travel with the Visa and what steps should I take?

Thank u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedimple: 5:49am On Oct 26, 2016
Onedimple:
Hi Good People

I want to book my wife's ticket. Initially we were supposed to spend two weeks in the US. But my wife would like to stay two weeks longer to attend a friend's wedding and we intend to book restricted tickets. My question is, would there be any problem at the POE in case they check our tickets and discover she is staying longer? Thanks.

@LadyG and @Seyewest, what would you suggest. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:58am On Oct 26, 2016
Onedimple:

@LadyG and @Seyewest, what would you suggest. Thanks.
My suggestion as always and as a frequent traveller.
Stop using 'will I have issues' as a yardstick. If your wife will stay longer than 2 weeks , let her say so if asked. It is not a crime as long as she's stamped in for that duration or longer.
Where one gets issues is where u declare one thing and do another and start changing tickets.
Or where u say two weeks and they see a 4 week ticket
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:01am On Oct 26, 2016
Damola06:
Hello,

I was granted a Visa for a conference in US but would not be able travel due to some family issues. Can I still travel with the Visa and what steps should I take?

Thank u
Yes u can travel with your valid visa.
Explain your situation to the cbp if asked

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.