Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1530858 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
I don't understand. Must I wait for a year and 6 months before I reapply? Shed more light pls
Burger01:
Good! Its now common sense for you to wait till November next year + 6 months before you may reapply again... Goodluck smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
amanonymous:
I don't understand. Must I wait for a year and 6 months before I reapply? Shed more light pls
By then, according to your marital and family plans, you would've had significant changes in circumstance...which of course would sweeten the belle of the vo.... yes,you may wait a year and 6 months smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by commante: 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hello my gud pple of great forum. i'm a silent follower if ds great forum buh ve had it on my mind dt I will share my interview experience here whether successful or not. I was at abuja embassy yesterday 25th Oct. Below is wat transpire BTW me nd d Vo.

Me: gud a.m
Vo: gud a.m buh she replied she was just smile wit my baby
Vo: ur passport pls?
Vo: we gave her:
Me: pls ma I will prefer my wife to be interviewed wit our local language
Vo: she ok , I will be her interpreter
Me: no problem
Vo: who re u goin to visit in america
Me : my brother
Vo: ur blood brother?
Me: my blood brother if the same mother
Vo: OK
Vo: wat do u for a living
Me: work wit so so soo state as so so nd so
Vo: for ow long ve u worked there?
Me :: 6yrs
Vo: where do u work b4 dt place u re working now
Me: I said
Vo: when last did u see ur brother?
Me : goin to 5 year now. Pls continue later my ba3 is low
Vo: did u ve other spouse
Me: no
Vo: ve u traveled out wit my family b4
Me: yes
Vo: whr
Me nd wife: Tanzania
Vo: she my wife for wat?
Wife: enjoyment
Vo: she said my wife can speak English na, she shey wr traveled wit our baby?
Wife: no, dt she was pregnant den. Dat was wen she focus d interview wit my wife
Vo; Whr do u visit in tanzania
Wife: Mount Kilimanjaro, vo cuts in
Vo: ask my wife Whr do ur husband work
Wife: she replied
Vo: what time do ur husband goes to work nd come back from
Wife: he leaves home 7a.m come back 4 to 5 pm
Vo:do send his lunch to him in office
Wife: no he doesn't eat lunch
Vo: wat do u do 4 a living
Wife: she said she supervises my biz
Vo: wch biz
Wife: poultry biz
Vo: poultry as in wat?
That is wen another vo excused her, she come back to our passport nd left for like 2mins wen she came nd tell us d sad news dt she can't issue d visa dt we can reapply next time nd handed us d almighy pink copy paper.
Wat I discovered was dt most of d vos was refusing applicant yesterday she was d only vo dt was granting visa to pple without refusing anybody wen I was dere.
Gurus in da house, pls take critical look in my transcript nd show me Whr I goofed nd I will appreciate constructive criticism, So dt I will correct it in future. Await ur advise thank u all nd God bless u all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
^^^
This your transcript get as he be.. I don't even know what to say sad

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2016
[quote author=seyewest post=50531253][/quote] yes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2016
mimibe:
Hello ladyg, I'm trying to book appointment for my family but our passport info are assigned to someone else's email. Do you know How it be resolved? I'm renewing though, last time someone got date for us, that was in 2014. Pls help
Read last page and this one.
Omobendel gave someborry a solution. I believe the same applies to u as well
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2016
Some questions sha. Enough to turn mother Theresa into a mute athesist.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2016
I can't laff... grin

@commante, I guess the vo is not convinced with the income/ties. You should be able to convince him that you are financially capable and that you have a good reason to return. I suggest you reapply when your circumstances change. #myopinion.

LadyGuinivere:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Egbejii: 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
Maybe the other VO excused her to tell her she's greanted enough for the day. Hehe. Just kidding. BTW you guys on here take things to serious. It's just America and it all depends on luck. I see some people asking various questions here like invitation letters, sponsors etc lol. The VO doesn't even care about any letters or even interested to see it. They only wanna hear what you have to say and grant your visa if it's convicing enough. Those invitation letters are for the Schengen and UK maybe not USA. And in all you must also be very lucky to get one.
commante:
Hello my gud pple of great forum. i'm a silent follower if ds great forum buh ve had it on my mind dt I will share my interview experience here whether successful or not. I was at abuja embassy yesterday 25th Oct. Below is wat transpire BTW me nd d Vo.

Wife: no, dt she was pregnant den. Dat was wen she focus d interview wit my wife
That is wen another vo excused her, she come back to our passport nd left for like 2mins wen she came nd tell us d sad news dt she can't issue d visa dt we can reapply next time nd handed us d almighy pink copy paper.
Wat I discovered was dt most of d vos was refusing applicant yesterday she was d only vo dt was granting visa to pple without refusing anybody wen I was dere.
Gurus in da house, pls take critical look in my transcript nd show me Whr I goofed nd I will appreciate constructive criticism, So dt I will correct it in future. Await ur advise thank u all nd God bless u all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 8:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
I tire o my sister cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Read last page and this one.
Omobendel gave someborry a solution. I believe the same applies to u as well
thanks but not same. Will call the technical guys 2moro. Well done
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
commante:

Ist. You need to understand that there's no hard and fast rule on visa issuance. The vo is just a regular human being judging you based on the vibes you give out.
2nd. In my opinon, the vibes you gave did not satisfy the vo. Ist. Your request to have your wife interviewed in your local dialect whereas she could understand English to a large extent comes across as if you didn't want her to be quizzed (in my view)
Next, the tangent of the questions was to check consistency in you folks marital status and living arrangement. That coupled with the fact that she took some time out with your passport. Now , they have said they don't conduct checks, but I disbelieve that.
Anyways last last, una no jus convince the vo say una dey genuine
Again, how did your brother enter the US?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by commante: 6:18am On Oct 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ist. You need to understand that there's no hard and fast rule on visa issuance. The vo is just a regular human being judging you based on the vibes you give out.
2nd. In my opinon, the vibes you gave did not satisfy the vo. Ist. Your request to have your wife interviewed in your local dialect whereas she could understand English to a large extent comes across as if you didn't want her to be quizzed (in my view)
Next, the tangent of the questions was to check consistency in you folks marital status and living arrangement. That coupled with the fact that she took some time out with your passport. Now , they have said they don't conduct checks, but I disbelieve that.
Anyways last last, una no jus convince the vo say una dey genuine
Again, how did your brother enter the US?
Thanks for d comment ma, my got to US tru visa lottery, d vo had d intention of granting us cos she had already laid her hand on white copy paper b4 anoda vo called her in. I guess dey wen to call her to order dt she has been granting visa too much. One woman she interviewed b4 claim she is a CEO in her tailor coy nd she grant her. In short she gave anybody dt comes to her visa except us nd smiled although our interviewed period. It was wen she came out from whrer dey call her to dt she frown her face, in fact other applicant were already congratulatin me thinking we were granted.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bekeee(f): 6:34am On Oct 27, 2016
Good morning Lady G et al, please I need your candid advice/opinion as regards my application.

I applied for the US visa in July but was denied. below is the transcript:
me: good morning
Vo: good morning please may I have your passport
me: yes please(passed it over)
VO:where are you going in the united States
me: Florida
VO: and why are you going to the US?
me: to attend mentioned the conference
Vo: where do you work
me: mentioned
VO: what is your position at your work place
VO: what are your duties
VO:have you ever travelled
me:no
Vo: are you married
me: no ( types and says unfortunately you are not qualified for the visa at this time)

Also stated I have an uncle based there in my application.
Now, I plan to reapply to spend the Christmas hols there, since ill be on leave then, based on an invitation from my uncle who is also a citizen.
intended purpose: vacation.
Although my uncle plans to state that he will be responsible for my feeding and accommodation during my stay, I will be solely responsible for all travel expenses.
will appreciate your input.. does this purpose sound convincing enough to the VO. I also plan to inform the VO that indeed this Uncle of mine left the country over 30years ago when I was not yet born, hence, I look forward to going to meet him and spend sometime with him during my vacation.
please kindly advice as I do not want to be denied this time n already looking forward to sharing my testimony right here on this forum.
Also, inasmuch as they aren't particular about docs, which docs will I be needing for this purpose. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 7:12am On Oct 27, 2016
Bekeee:
Good morning Lady G et al,

You were denied on 214b, lack of ties to prove return home.

They are not interested in an invite.
The want to see your strong ties to home.
Things like job, family , property.

Read back from page one, we have repeated this information many times.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 7:29am On Oct 27, 2016
Bekeee:
Good morning Lady G et al, please I need your candid advice/opinion as regards my application.

I applied for the US visa in July but was denied. below is the transcript:
me: good morning
Vo: good morning please may I have your passport
me: yes please(passed it over)
VO:where are you going in the united States
me: Florida
VO: and why are you going to the US?
me: to attend mentioned the conference
Vo: where do you work
VO: what is your position at your work place
VO: what are your duties
VO:have you ever travelled
me:no
Vo: are you married
me: no ( types and says unfortunately you are not qualified for the visa at this time)

Also stated I have an uncle based there in my application.
Now, I plan to reapply to spend the Christmas hols there, since ill be on leave then, based on an invitation from my uncle who is also a citizen.
intended purpose: vacation.
Although my uncle plans to state that he will be responsible for my feeding and accommodation during my stay, I will be solely responsible for all travel expenses.
will appreciate your input.. does this purpose sound convincing enough to the VO. I also plan to inform the VO that indeed this Uncle of mine left the country over 30years ago when I was not yet born, hence, I look forward to going to meet him and spend sometime with him during my vacation.
please kindly advice as I do not want to be denied this time n already looking forward to sharing my testimony right here on this forum.
Also, inasmuch as they aren't particular about docs, which docs will I be needing for this purpose. thanks
(1) Madam, we don't know what you 'mentioned' for us to have good grasp of your circumstances. Fairly good job, good pay, number of years worked and job post/designation could go a long way to sway the vo positively even though you are unmarried and have nil travel history.

(2) Madam, you need to leave your uncle out of this...you need strong ties back to Nigeria. Work on these ties and you are good to go smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 7:41am On Oct 27, 2016
commante:

Thanks for d comment ma, my got to US tru visa lottery, d vo had d intention of granting us cos she had already laid her hand on white copy paper b4 anoda vo called her in. I guess dey wen to call her to order dt she has been granting visa too much. One woman she interviewed b4 claim she is a CEO in her tailor coy nd she grant her. In short she gave anybody dt comes to her visa except us nd smiled although our interviewed period. It was wen she came out from whrer dey call her to dt she frown her face, in fact other applicant were already congratulatin me thinking we were granted.
Oga, if you were qualified you would get the visa. I don't believe in luck or ill luck. Prepare well and you will get approved. From your script, I was confused....it had no direction. I'm sure the vo was even more confused. Some VOs would smile at you and still deny you...some would even bone face and still approve you! See, they are psychologists... from your first statement they could psyche your intention.
Well, try again next time....and be more prepared smiley

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:39am On Oct 27, 2016
Burger01:

(1) Madam, we don't know what you 'mentioned' for us to have good grasp of your circumstances. Fairly good job, good pay, number of years worked and job post/designation could go a long way to sway the vo positively even though you are unmarried and have nil travel history.

(2) Madam, you need to leave your uncle out of this...you need strong ties back to Nigeria. Work on these ties and you are good to go smiley
Couldn't have said it better. The poster seems to place so much emphasis on her uncle. Please read the thread and understand how it works. Your purpose is irrelevant. Your uncle is irrelevant. What is relevant is you. All the things u mentioned did not satisfy her so going back would be a waste of money#myview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dudee1(m): 9:32am On Oct 27, 2016
Hello nairalads pls I need your help on this issue. I meet 1 American woman on Facebook from Oklahoma for about 2 month know and we started dating each other since then and our relationship his for real and we're planning to get married when I get to the state. Know she want to invite me to the state and she is preparing on how to sent the invitation letter by this weekend to me. I'm unregistered estate agent and I don't have much money fltg in my acct. Know my question is this? Firstly. what type of a visa should I apply for, what are the documents necessary for me, how can defend my job, or can I say I don't have any job, What bank statements can I use, can I use my uncle acct statement? Because is working with lagos state pensioners, do I need a sponsorship, and I only have 3 month on my passport to due is gonna due by July next year. Pls I need your help on this azap because I don't want to lose this opportunity thank you your boy dude1
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:15pm On Oct 27, 2016
dudee1:
Hello nairalads pls I need your help on this issue. I meet 1 American woman on Facebook from Oklahoma for about 2 month know and we started dating each other since then and our relationship his for real and we're planning to get married when I get to the state. Know she want to invite me to the state and she is preparing on how to sent the invitation letter by this weekend to me. I'm unregistered estate agent and I don't have much money fltg in my acct. Know my question is this? Firstly. what type of a visa should I apply for, what are the documents necessary for me, how can defend my job, or can I say I don't have any job, What bank statements can I use, can I use my uncle acct statement? Because is working with lagos state pensioners, do I need a sponsorship, and I only have 3 month on my passport to due is gonna due by July next year. Pls I need your help on this azap because I don't want to lose this opportunity thank you your boy dude1
Our boy dude 1. You are on the right thread.
But nothing good comes easy. Please for starters, read the ist page of this thread. It will guide you on the apprioprate step to take. The US embassy website will also put you thru the visa type and process Is also on the ist page.
All your questions have been answered. If u can read 10 consecutive pages, you will see the answers to your questions. All of them. Infact this present page answers most of them.
As for losing your opportunity, that is in your hand. The earlier u start researching, the better for you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Amen ooooooo!
May it please u sir @Frontpagelawyer cheesy
Good day lady G. My friend want to send me an invitation letter, what are the steps after receiving the letter?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
Akiliogidi:

Good day lady G. My friend want to send me an invitation letter, what are the steps after receiving the letter?

Thanks in anticipation
1. Step 1. He will go to the post office and send the enveloped written letter.
2. Step 2. You go and receive it from the post office
Or he can burn it and you will receive the smoke and convert it to paper with some special incantations
undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

1. Step 1. He will go to the post office and send the enveloped written letter.
2. Step 2. You go and receive it from the post office
Or he can burn it and you will receive the smoke and convert it to paper with some special incantations
undecided
haba! Lady G, did i offend u?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2016
Akiliogidi:

Thanks in anticipation

After you receive the letter
You should open it.
Then you should read it.
After that you can BURN it.

USA visa officer will not look at invitation!
We have said this many many times if only people would read back!

You will be judged on ties to home and robust finances .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 27, 2016
worry359:

After you receive the letter
You should open it.
Then you should read it.
After that you can BURN it.

USA visa officer will not look at invitation!
We have said this many many times if only people would read back!

You will be judged on ties to home and robust finances .

I am a new person here google directed me to nairaland and moreover i am stil studyin

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
Akiliogidi:

I am a new person here google directed me to nairaland and moreover i am stil studyin
..and we are directing you to read at least 50 pages of this very thread and all your queries will be answered. smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2016
Burger01:
..and we are directing you to read at least 50 pages of this very thread and all your queries will be answered. smiley

Thanks bro, the first 2 ppl dat replied me were so hostile for a newbie,
I am already reading frm part1

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 2:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
Akiliogidi:

Thanks bro, the first 2 ppl dat replied me were so hostile for a newbie,
I am already reading frm part1
I don't blame them...we are all tired of newbies shooting off already answered queries without taking to time to read, at least, a full page of this thread. Happy reading man smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jarule18081977: 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
Good Afternoon Hon House,

Please need steps on how to renew my kids b1/b2 visa expired April, 2016. Age 4 and 6 respectively, visa used once last yr November. Read that they qualify for dropbox, also what document can i include, my visa is still valid.

Thanks for any useful info
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 27, 2016
Burger01:
I don't blame them...we are all tired of newbies shooting off already answered queries without taking to time to read, at least, a full page of this thread. Happy reading man smiley
Thanks bro.
I have decided to read frm part 1 to part2 coz am nt in a haste..lol, but will always keep in touch when necessary, hope u don't mind?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2016
^^^
No qualms smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2016
Akiliogidi:

Thanks bro.
I have decided to read frm part 1 to part2 coz am nt in a haste..lol, but will always keep in touch when necessary, hope u don't mind?
Yes sir. If you read, to the best of my ability, I will try to clear any cobwebs or confusion u have.
I employed sarcasm to jolt u to read because most people that come here want to be spoonfed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.