Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1529410 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes sir. If you read, to the best of my ability, I will try to clear any cobwebs or confusion u have.
I employed sarcasm to jolt u to read because most people that come here want to be spoonfed

Ok o ... I am ever rugged, ever dogged and ever tenacious, once i set out to achieve something nobody can discourage me.

Thanks anyway

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
seyewest:
Do you have the code?
it later opened thanks jare. I'm still filling ooh. Taking my time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by koonleh: 5:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
worry359:

After you receive the letter
You should open it.
Then you should read it.
After that you can BURN it.

USA visa officer will not look at invitation!
We have said this many many times if only people would read back!

You will be judged on ties to home and robust finances .
they checked mine, although jes for 3sec, and it went well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by maddock(m): 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
Akiliogidi:

haba! Lady G, did i offend u?

Which one b did u offend her? This thread reminds me of that article tittled " these lazy africans". Nigerians always looking for people to do their dirty work for them. No wonder these VO kept on refusing us visas.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
jarule18081977:
Good Afternoon Hon House,

Please need steps on how to renew my kids b1/b2 visa expired April, 2016. Age 4 and 6 respectively, visa used once last yr November. Read that they qualify for dropbox, also what document can i include, my visa is still valid.

Thanks for any useful info
The process for renewal of cisas is the same irrespective of age.
The process and documents needed are in the dropbox renewal section of the US embassy website
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bekeee(f): 7:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
worry359:

You were denied on 214b, lack of ties to prove return home.
They are not interested in an invite. The want to see your strong ties to home. Things like job, family , property.
Read back from page one, we have repeated this information many times.

thanks@worry,burger n lagy g...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bekeee(f): 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
worry359:

You were denied on 214b, lack of ties to prove return home.

They are not interested in an invite.
The want to see your strong ties to home.
Things like job, family , property.

Read back from page one, we have repeated this information many times.

thanks@worry,burger n lagy g...I have started reading through but now am thinking I may just have to fall back to attending a conference since the invitation doesn't really count and then use same opportunity to visit my uncle whom I so much long to meet. yes I earn enough to cover my travel expenses.. although if conference, my coy will be responsible.. I am only engaged to be married next year. I guess this should work cos at least I love my job so much isn't that enough tie. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CBMO: 8:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
So in January this year I was denied a US visa even with a good travel history, good job, etc. As soon as the V.O asked me if i was married and I said No, he said there was an issue with his system, left, came back, typed for a few secs and then said i was ineligible for a visa as I had insufficient ties.

Reapplied again this month, had my interview on Monday.

V.O: Good day ma'am
Me: Good day
V.O: May I know why you want to go to the US
Me: Replied that I was going to attend an event, and also take some time off work to rest before my professional exams due in March
V.O: Where in the US will you be visiting
Me: Told her where I'll be staying
V:O: Where do you work and what are your duties there
Me: Explained this to her
V.O: Do you have kids
Me: No ma'am
V.O: Congrats, your visa is approved. Pick up your passport in 3 days,..*hands me the white paper

My interview was so short and the same answers I gave were the ones I gave when I was interviewed in January. To be honest it's just favour. Pray you get inteviewed by a sensible V.O and I think picking a 7am appointment helped..lol. At least that way they're just starting their day, not stressed out and nobody will have vexed them.lol. I was the second person to be interviewed by the V.O that day

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
mimibe:
yes
You need to get in touch with him or her... if not you need to write the embassy about the situation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
Bekeee:

thanks@worry,burger n lagy g...I have started reading through but now am thinking I may just have to fall back to attending a conference since the invitation doesn't really count and then use same opportunity to visit my uncle whom I so much long to meet. yes I earn enough to cover my travel expenses.. although if conference, my coy will be responsible.. I am only engaged to be married next year. I guess this should work cos at least I love my job so much isn't that enough tie. thanks
You may be passionate about traveling to the U.S but you're not ready in my own opinion... One thing I can promise you is that if you can start from the first thread through the second thread.. You will understand what I'm talking about.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
maddock:

Which one b did u offend her? This thread reminds me of that article tittled " these lazy africans". Nigerians always looking for people to do their dirty work for them. No wonder these VO kept on refusing us visas.

pls grow up, u don't jst start toasting for a celebrant u dont know

go and read all my coments

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bogolobango(m): 12:52am On Oct 28, 2016
Abêg give me that your baba cele Number
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ruthy2016: 12:52am On Oct 28, 2016
Hello LadyG

Firstly. Thank you so much for making yourself available to help.

I have couple of questions to ask,

Am planning vacation with my family to the US next year 2017, currently based in SA with family, I have a working permit also hubby who work as a SA registered Estate Agent, but on hubby passport his surname is different from mine though he did the change of name in Nigeria( newspaper) but couldn't change it on passport before coming to SA.

We've got 2kids gave birth to my 1st in Nigeria and my 2nd here in SA, both kid carries the surname on my passport.

Questions. 1.Do you advise we apply together as a family?
N.B he will be the one to fund the trip.

Also, hubby plan to attend a conference/serminar/training also

2.how would you advice we apply for our visit.

Looking forward to read from you.

God bless.

quote author=LadyGuinivere post=38891454]
Qatar o
But I juust checked now- november ending to return Dec. Lagos to Houston na 282k[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:52am On Oct 28, 2016
seyewest:
You need to get in touch with him or her... if not you need to write the embassy about the situation.
sorted, they deactivated the old accounts and I created a new one with a new email address. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:16am On Oct 28, 2016
Ruthy2016:

Hello LadyG

Firstly. Thank you so much for making yourself available to help.

I have couple of questions to ask,

Am planning vacation with my family to the US next year 2017, currently based in SA with family, I have a working permit also hubby who work as a SA registered Estate Agent, but on hubby passport his surname is different from mine though he did the change of name in Nigeria( newspaper) but couldn't change it on passport before coming to SA.

We've got 2kids gave birth to my 1st in Nigeria and my 2nd here in SA, both kid carries the surname on my passport.

Questions. 1.Do you advise we apply together as a family?
N.B he will be the one to fund the trip.

Also, hubby plan to attend a conference/serminar/training also

2.how would you advice we apply for our visit.

Looking forward to read from you.

God bless.
1. The embassy recognises that families Often have different surnames. They do not require you to change your name. You may go with supporting documents cos I dunno if they look at those in SA. In Nigeria, they don't. To date, my passport is still in my maiden name and LordG and I aPplied at different times and got our visas.
However, in circumstances like yours, its more common to see the kids bearing the father's surname and not the mother's on their birth and travel documents. But if your story is legit, then you can be able to prove it.
2. I do not quite understand the question. Do you all intend to travel? Then yes, apply as a family if your ties are solid (work, salary, travel history etc). If you feel it isn't quite fantastic, then maybe you guys should have one parent stay back as a tie
I see you pm'd me. Sorry ma. I don't do pms for visa issues. I'm here to answer any question I can

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ruthy2016: 8:47am On Oct 28, 2016
Yhooo grin, thanks so much LadyG I feel really honored to read from you. About the pm, didn't know how to go about it as am new to Nairaland

Thank you once again.

God bless.

quote author=LadyGuinivere post=50567476]
1. The embassy recognises that families Often have different surnames. They do not require you to change your name. You may go with supporting documents cos I dunno if they look at those in SA. In Nigeria, they don't. To date, my passport is still in my maiden name and LordG and I aPplied at different times and got our visas.
However, in circumstances like yours, its more common to see the kids bearing the father's surname and not the mother's on their birth and travel documents. But if your story is legit, then you can be able to prove it.
2. I do not quite understand the question. Do you all intend to travel? Then yes, apply as a family if your ties are solid (work, salary, travel history etc). If you feel it isn't quite fantastic, then maybe you guys should have one parent stay back as a tie
I see you pm'd me. Sorry ma. I don't do pms for visa issues. I'm here to answer any question I can[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:24am On Oct 28, 2016
@Ruthy honour ke! I'm just an mgbeke feeling funky o! grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
good afternoon house. A friend went for his interview yesterday and was refused. He checked his status this afternoon and it says his passport is still with the US embassy. Has anyone experienced this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shadeebee78: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
Was his passport collected from him? Cos I'm at a loss as to why he was tracking if he was refused.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
HIS passport was given to him oo. The appointment dashboard was where he saw it. he wants to reapply against next year. That was how he got to see it.
shadeebee78:
Was his passport collected from him? Cos I'm at a loss as to why he was tracking if he was refused.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
sweetg:
HIS passport was given to him oo. The appointment dashboard was where he saw it. he wants to reapply against next year. That was how he got to see it.
Things like this happen... what he should do is check his application status from www.ceac.state.gov.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
sweetg:
Its just a network/updating glitch. He has his passport with him. No ish. The dashboard will be updated later
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by captainugo: 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
Pls i need help. I went for my interview and they wrote TB on my confirmation slip and asked me to reschedule after 48hours and I have been trying to do that now but they are telling me my MRV is invalid..pls I need help. How do i do this shit
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

1. Step 1. He will go to the post office and send the enveloped written letter.
2. Step 2. You go and receive it from the post office
Or he can burn it and you will receive the smoke and convert it to paper with some special incantations
undecided
Lol....LadyG...God bless d day I go see u,na hot peck I go give u. grin
Good answer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by BelieveAndrew(m): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
[quote author=Akiliogidi post=50552111]

Thanks bro, the first 2 ppl dat replied me were so hostile for a newbie,
I am already reading frm part1 [/quote
Good job bro,read well....am also new,but I read close to six months and am still reading ...before I asked questions I have over read..lol
Success doesn't come creamy oh..u must work for it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ezeomoba: 6:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
hello.. house

after filling my ds160 form,, i choose to submit in lagos,, but due to no closer appointment date in lagos ….

can i choose abuja as my location for interview ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
[quote author=BelieveAndrew post=50585054][/quote]

Thanks bro, success wishes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2016
BelieveAndrew:

Lol....LadyG...God bless d day I go see u,na hot peck I go give u. grin
Good answer
Hot peck
U go needs refund OgaG some bride price money be that o! grin cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
captainugo:
Pls i need help. I went for my interview and they wrote TB on my confirmation slip and asked me to reschedule after 48hours and I have been trying to do that now but they are telling me my MRV is invalid..pls I need help. How do i do this shit
wait for 48 hours and relax..

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.