Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1529409 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by penitential(m): 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
Nobody is disputing her claim, just trying to know how questions that might arise in relation to her old passport travel history will be defended.
Rett0:

What she said is true. My mom's expired passport was taken from her at Ikoyi passport office recently. Though she didn't have valid visas in them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oriagome: 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
Any body with experience to share on Turkish Airlines the price looks cheap to trave to US compare to others
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Solo84(m): 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
penitential:
Nobody is disputing her claim, just trying to know how questions that might arise in relation to her old passport travel history will be defended.

I could remember few weeks back when The federal government directed the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) to retrieve all valid diplomatic and official passports from holders who are no longer entitled to carry them so this might have also affected the person in question.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 7:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
Solo84:

I could remember few weeks back when The federal government directed the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) to retrieve all valid diplomatic and official passports from holders who are no longer entitled to carry them so this might have also affected the person in question.

A diplomatic passport holder shouldn't be on this thread.
The essence of the 'cancelled without prejudice' is to render the document void.
There has never being a time such document is retrieved..(had to reconfirm from someone that did a renewal for the family in december).
My advice is for the affected person to go back to the office and retrieve it....except of course it was seized for other reasons.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rett0: 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
getostar:

A diplomatic passport holder shouldn't be on this thread.
The essence of the 'cancelled without prejudice' is to render the document void.
There has never being a time such document is retrieved..(had to reconfirm from someone that did a renewal for the family in december).
My advice is for the affected person to go back to the office and retrieve it....except of course it was seized for other reasons.

Did the family you are talking about have a valid visa in the passport? If yes then maybe that is why it was returned to them. My mom's expired passport was retrieved and wasn't seized. So I understand what this person is talking about. I took her there myself and it wasn't only my mom's they retrieved. I am 100% sure..
How can passport office seize a passport and then give you a new one is it logical Please if your old passport without visa was returned to you recently after renewal signify so I can storm the passport office for my mom's passport. I nor understand this kind Nigeria again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
Rett0:

Did the family you are talking about have a valid visa in the passport? If yes then maybe that is why it was returned to them. My mom's expired passport was retrieved and wasn't seized. So I understand what this person is talking about. I took her there myself and it wasn't only my mom's they retrieved. I am 100% sure..
How can passport office seize a passport and then give you a new one is it logical Please if your old passport without visa was returned to you recently after renewal signify so I can storm the passport office for my mom's passport. I nor understand this kind Nigeria again

No Visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
They stamped all d pages and returned it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nov2(m): 8:39pm On Jan 16, 2017
aphixiano:
Okay
I am scheduled for 8.30 but I got their 7 because of Lagos traffic and all, after all the long minutes of standing and all I entered for the interview. I did my finger print and passport photograph scanning and later join the queue for the interview. I was watching all what is happening and how many are been refused, the funniest one I saw that day is the traditional chief with his two adult male children, those guys even put on beads on their neck , it didn't take the blonde woman 40 seconds to denied them. It got to my turn to stand behind the person being interviewed at the moment, the man approved the family before me and it got to my turn which goes as follows
Me: Good morning, how are you doing?
VO: good morning I am doing good and you
Me: I am fine
VO: where are you going in the US?
Me: I am visiting my aunt who lives at bleep in Georgia for the wedding ceremony of my cousin as he is my cousin and my best friend and I will be the one to represent my family
VO: where do you work?
Me: I am a bleep and work with Nigeria bleep agency, and explain the function and what I do at work
VO: where did you have your training ?
Me: I told him I had my training at the work address provide but I stated the address fully for him
VO:have you traveled before
Me: yes I have been to Ghana for bleep analysis management training
VO: are you single or married
Me: am single
VO: are you the only one going for the wedding in your family
Me: yes I am
He looked directly in the eye and asked me the last question
VO: what causes a tornado?
Me: I gave him a short and accurate answer
VO: is that what causes a Tornado
Me: I said yes smiling
VO: handed me the white paper and said pick up your visa in three working days
Me: thank you

Note: I am in my mid twenties , not married and travel history is Ghana, the only ties in my form is that am currently a masters student and my job and nothing else . He didn't ask for any document.
V

congrats, please i want to no if dat question concerning tornado is in anyway related to ur course of study? thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Funjay(m): 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
Rett0:

Your old passport should ordinarily be released to you upon getting a new one. However, if your passport is yet to fully expire, i.e if you still have some months, usually up to 6months before the expiration of the passport, they may not release it to you to avoid you having two valid passports at the same time. What i am yet to confirm however is if you can go back to collect your withheld passport upon its full expiration.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Faith111: 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2017
It's quite annoying that someone asks a question and no one responds but everyone queries and accuses the person of something so irrelevant.

1) I don't need a visa to Benin or Togo
2) It won't take me more than 20k to get to Togo so why the doubts I started going to Togo even as a student. It hurts when people start talking about something fishy and all that over nothing but a visa free Togo.

If my passport was seized will I be issued with a new one

I could go ahead and tell the VO I have no travel experience and it won't change anything. I'm not desperate to get a US visa.

I feel so disappointed because there is something called constructive criticism. If you must critize, attack the issue not the person. Attacking my credibility is uncalled for as not everyone is a fraudster.

I expected answers but the response I get is that of a suspect. If you have meaningful answers to my post please fine if no one does, I will gladly walk out. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 9:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
I expected answers but the response I get is that of a suspect. If you have meaningful answers to my post please fine if no one does, I will gladly walk out. Thanks

[/quote]

Well, there r experts that respond to such questions n it's possible they haven't seen it. However no one can tell u if u have a good chance of getting a visa or not. It is basically dependent on a number of factors inclu but not limited to ur travel history, ties etc. We also don't know d totality of the information provided or u hope to provide in ur ds-160...and if ur body lang rhymes with ur details as provided when u go fr ur interview. Just be honest....
My 50cents...*winks*
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Maggie001(f): 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
Evening everyone, it's my first time applying for US visa, am a student and am self employed, my boyfriend would be sponsoring me...I've talked to someone to help but she was requesting for 50k cryjust to give me the informations I need.... Pls I need to know the documents I'll need from my sponsor and documents I'll need to take along with me to the embassy.... am only going as a tourist... Cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:57pm On Jan 16, 2017
What I do here is free of charge but that does not make me anybody's slave or answering machine... if you can't come clean why an answer to your questions from us.
If truly you don't need visa to enter those country why fly with passport to those countries.. because Ghana is visa free does not mean you don't need visa to enter Ghana (Your Ecowas passport is your visa) imagine you telling the V.O. that Nigerian Immigration hold your passport after it expired nobody does that... Your International passport is a body of evidence and legal document why leave it with them.
I just realized I don't have to do this... Wish you the best of luck and luckily I'm not the V.O.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hello everyone pls this question is for a friend. Ok my friend has a visa that is expiring this July 2017, his wife got a visa based on vacation to newyork September last year and they were supposed to go on vacation December last year but 7weeks after she got the visa she found out she was pregnant. Her due date is in September. Ok now they have both decided to have the baby in the us.pls his questions are
1. They are not goin to newyork again but Houston and Houston would be their Poe pls is this goin to be a prob since
(A) the wife got the visa for vacation
(B) Poe will change from newyork to Houston
(C) will change of intent work here for dem
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aphixiano(m): 11:23pm On Jan 16, 2017
Yes it is and related with my work too
Nov2:

congrats, please i want to no if dat question concerning tornado is in anyway related to ur course of study? thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 12:09am On Jan 17, 2017
You don't need a visa to travel to ECOWAS countries. At each international border your passport would be stamped in and out...That's the evidence of being in those places. smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aariwa(m): 4:11am On Jan 17, 2017
finegirlna:
Hello everyone pls this question is for a friend. Ok my friend has a visa that is expiring this July 2017, his wife got a visa based on vacation to newyork September last year and they were supposed to go on vacation December last year but 7weeks after she got the visa she found out she was pregnant. Her due date is in September. Ok now they have both decided to have the baby in the us.pls his questions are
1. They are not goin to newyork again but Houston and Houston would be their Poe pls is this goin to be a prob since
(A) the wife got the visa for vacation
(B) Poe will change from newyork to Houston
(C) will change of intent work here for dem
Thanks
The change of intent letter at this point is immaterial cos if they find out that she is pregnant at POE they will cancel her visa and deport her from the airport.What she needs now is a correspondence and receipts from a doctor in houston showing that she has paid for or capable of bearing the costs for the childbirth.Our problem is that most times we are ignorant,we cut corners and we are not fair in the way we see things.Those medical facilities she is rushing to go and take advantage of ,was paid for from taxes of citizens who worked day and night to actualize that aim and when their border protection officers takes this into cognizance in taking any action we see them as being unfair

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by xykms101: 5:35am On Jan 17, 2017
Rett0:

I renewed mine late last year and no one retrieved my passport ... Bro , your expired passport is your property not theirs.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nov2(m): 6:40am On Jan 17, 2017
aphixiano:
Yes it is and related with my work too

ok thanks,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Faith111: 6:48am On Jan 17, 2017
getostar:

Well, there r experts that respond to such questions n it's possible they haven't seen it. However no one can tell u if u have a good chance of getting a visa or not. It is basically dependent on a number of factors inclu but not limited to ur travel history, ties etc. We also don't know d totality of the information provided or u hope to provide in ur ds-160...and if ur body lang rhymes with ur details as provided when u go fr ur interview. Just be honest....
My 50cents...*winks*

Thanks for your kind response. I don't even have to act any or try to rhyme. I'm plain. I got everything as stated in my profile and the visa is not a do or die affair for me as I've got lots of things on my hands. Off to a busy day. Thanks once more
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by MrChris1(m): 7:00am On Jan 17, 2017
Maggie001:
Evening everyone, it's my first time applying for US visa, am a student and am self employed, my boyfriend would be sponsoring me...I've talked to someone to help but she was requesting for 50k cryjust to give me the informations I need.... Pls I need to know the documents I'll need from my sponsor and documents I'll need to take along with me to the embassy.... am only going as a tourist... Cheers

https://www.nairaland.com/3285858/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunlewoye(m): 8:41am On Jan 17, 2017
seyewest:
They do not collect it... if you have a valid visa on it.. will they collect it? it will be cancelled without prejudice.. Nigerian Immigration will never ever do it without asking you if they should hold it or not.

errrmm....my last renewal was in 2012 and it was also collected o. If you don't need a visa to some countries I reckon the VO already knows and wouldn't really care about it because you could decide to visit the country in question tomorrow and you'd have no problems entering. Mine was also taken but with no visas in it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunlewoye(m): 9:02am On Jan 17, 2017
xykms101:

I renewed mine late last year and no one retrieved my passport ... Bro , your expired passport is your property not theirs.

Guy I was surprised mine was collected from me as well but with no visas in it, just like the OP's case. We don't know about their internal workings and, therefore, wouldn't know why they do what they do. Think of it this way, they get a directive to take back passports within a specific number range and without valid visas (perhaps due to the fact those could easily be forged), would they tell you why they're taking it?

Please let's be constructive as he's advised. I strongly believe Faith111 as the same thing happened to myself. If anyone has anything to say to his case please do without sounding accusatory.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Orufi: 9:23am On Jan 17, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lekan282: 11:18am On Jan 17, 2017
good day,
my wife is canada on a study permit and am in nigeria, we intend to visit US june this year when she is on break. please house i would like to know weda she can apply for visiting visa for both of us in canada or we have to apply differently. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
Orufi:
Hello honorable house,

Please I seek knowledge and way forward.

I have been to the US twice. First on two weeks training and second on vacation for two weeks with my then wife, now divorced. However, on the second trip, I stayed back for one additional month (yes, two years b1b2). She had to go back to work immediately. I just changed job.

My career was going on fine. Trouble started when a colleague secured a b1b2 visa using a company I had interests in. He got the visa quite alright but got to the poe and was deported after weeks of detention. More like he couldn't defend what was on the form, i guess. During this time, I didn't know anything until the embassy contacted me and my visa was cancelled. After requesting for username and password to my mail. I was very cooperative.

I didn't deny knowing the guy. We actually have worked together, exchanged mails and stuffs. Apparently, he gave my name when he was being questioned, I suppose. He said he just wanted them to call me to confirm to them we worked there together. It's painful, I learnt the very had way. I was only helping.

After the cancellation (with prejudice), my passport was handed back without any reason for cancellation. I was to devastated to find out.

My questions are:
1. What are the implications of this.
2. I'm currently married to a US citizen, though I'm not desperate for anything, I have a very good income and comfortable, but would like to clear my name, please what are my chances.

This almost made me give up helping people, but it's my calling and I won't give up.

The U.S. Embassy would not request your username or password. You've been scammed.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
Many applicants are still failing to upload their visa photos as part of the application process, creating delays and bottlenecks in Consulate processing on the day of interview. Effective immediately, visa applicants who do not upload their photos when submitting their visa application will be turned away and advised to complete their application by uploading a proper photo.

This will usually require the rescheduling of their appointment. The process for uploading photos is easy and is thoroughly explained in our on-line application. Avoid disappointment and delay—upload your photo as part of your visa application!

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
Maggie001:

You can go straight to the source for free: https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Faith111: 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
kunlewoye:

Guy I was surprised mine was collected from me as well but with no visas in it, just like the OP's case. We know about their internal workings and, therefore, wouldn't know why they do what they do. Think of it this way, they get a directive to take back passports within a specific number range and without valid visas (perhaps due to the fact those could easily be forged), would they tell you why they're taking it?

Please let's be constructive as he's advised. I strongly believe Faith111 as the same thing happened to myself. If anyone has anything to say to his case please do without sounding accusatory.

Infact NLs will almost make you feel like a fool that doesn't know what he is saying anymore. It wasn't just mine that was taken funny enough. Thank God yourself and someone else has confirmed this. So I leave those that think they know it all to keep doubting themselves. I'm not in for any arguments with anyone. That yours was returned doesn't mean others are liars.
If I have the opportunity of visiting the passport office, I'll ask them why they retrieve passports from some persons and return that of others because I'm really shocked some people had theirs returned. Like I said earlier B1 visa is no visa to heaven so I'm not in any way desperate. I qualify for PR through skilled migration for both Canada and Australia if at all migration is my trouble.
So let those that think everyone is a fraudster continue.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
oriagome:
Any body with experience to share on Turkish Airlines the price looks cheap to trave to US compare to others

My experience with Turkish Airline was good. It was my first time so I don't think I can compare grin.

Generally the trip was smooth. The meal(s) were good, in flight entertainment was awesome, the only thing you may not be into is the stop-over in Istanbul. It was about 7 hours on the first leg and a fantastic 20 hours on the return leg.

You however get free hotel accommodation (or a free tour of the City) for stop-over over 8 hours.

Hope this helps smiley

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Faith111: 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2017
Rett0:

What she said is true. My mom's expired passport was taken from her at Ikoyi passport office recently. Though she didn't have valid visas in them.

Thanks. Imagine you guys had not experienced same thing, I would have presented as a fraudster. I don't know why people can't give benefit of doubt when they don't have their facts right. It makes me begin to doubt Nigerians too. If such a small itch as visiting a Visa-free country can cause this drama, then Nigeria has got a long way to go.

The part that hurts most was that my question was left unanswered and they were busy nailing a so-called criminal without information.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
There is something called strong ties, things that the V.O will consider in treating your application. In my opinion, you should wait a bit before applying. Unless like in MMM, you have spare money, that you are not using and you wish to donate to the US Embassy. grin

Maggie001:

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.